PDA

View Full Version : September Kiwi Rider

Big Dave
21st August 2005, 21:57
Should be off the presses tomorrow.
MacKay tests the GSXR750, Stretch has a run on the big Kawasaki cruiser, Moroney has a new yarn in the style of lord of the piston rings, Bentman weighs in with the BMW HP2 launch report, Humpster does Husqvarna and all the other usual stuff.
Looking forward to seeing it. been wanting to do the black cover for a few issues now.

www.kiwirider.co.nz

oldrider
21st August 2005, 22:45
So you work for KR! I have been reading that mag since it was a paper type of presentation. I think you are on the right track now. Must be very hard to maintain the content and quality each month. I take my hat of to your Editor he is at least accessible. I sent him a nasty E-mail about a test report on the transAlp and he did reply and heard me out. Really spat the dummy and threw my toys out of the cot. The Grand kids thought I'd gone nuts. I read the report again later and it wasn't too bad really, except for the comments on the engine. I think that the comments on the engine set the scene and I lost focus on the rest. I don't believe the writer would have said the same about a BMW 650 and the TransAlp is a better bike. (So I think) Anyway I just felt like some one had kicked my dog. Over all that now and I still buy the Mag!!! I think it is a good production and a good read, congratulations. Cheers John. :clap:

Hitcher
21st August 2005, 22:50
How's about changing the colour of the cover each issue so's old buggers like me can tell the different issues apart?

Pixie
21st August 2005, 22:51
So you work for KR! I have been reading that mag since it was a paper type of presentation. I think you are on the right track now. Must be very hard to maintain the content and quality each month. I take my hat of to your Editor he is at least accessible. I sent him a nasty E-mail about a test report on the transAlp and he did reply and heard me out. Really spat the dummy and threw my toys out of the cot. The Grand kids thought I'd gone nuts. I read the report again later and it wasn't too bad really, except for the comments on the engine. I think that the comments on the engine set the scene and I lost focus on the rest. I don't believe the writer would have said the same about a BMW 650 and the TransAlp is a better bike. (So I think) Anyway I just felt like some one had kicked my dog. Over all that now and I still buy the Mag!!! I think it is a good production and a good read, congratulations. Cheers John. :clap:
Dave,you didn't mention an editorial on one eyed psychos in this issue,did you? :devil2:

Big Dave
21st August 2005, 22:53
So you work for KR! :clap:

Yes and no - certainly count myself as one of the team and am credited as art director but it is a consultative/associate role. I take credit/blame for the current layout and design.
More accurate to say I'm a freelancer with ties to the mag

But thanks - and I know exactly what you mean - i get peeved when i read criticism of my trumpets too.

Do a 'Why I love my bike piece' and tell him where he got it wrong.

Big Dave
21st August 2005, 22:58
How's about changing the colour of the cover each issue so's old buggers like me can tell the different issues apart?

Yup - It's going to rotate red-yellow-black or combos of them thar 'corporate colours'. The month is written in 12 point type just under the masthead too!

SARGE
22nd August 2005, 04:40
Dave,you didn't mention an editorial on one eyed psychos in this issue,did you? :devil2:

theres an editorial about me ?/..

i'll "keep an eye out for it..."

Bonez
22nd August 2005, 06:03
Should be off the presses tomorrow.
MacKay tests the GSXR750, Stretch has a run on the big Kawasaki cruiser, Moroney has a new yarn in the style of lord of the piston rings, Bentman weighs in with the BMW HP2 launch report, Humpster does Husqvarna and all the other usual stuff.
Looking forward to seeing it. been wanting to do the black cover for a few issues now.

www.kiwirider.co.nzCheers for the heads up Dave. I was going though my old 80s mag collection last night and stumbled on May/June 1989 edition. Shit the GS500Es been around a while. Small peice on it's intro to NZ in it. Oh and I like your new Trophy colour scheme btw, very nice.

SPman
22nd August 2005, 06:35
i'll "keep an eye out for it..."

:rofl::rofl::rofl: