PDA

View Full Version : Choppa Frost was doing 1:05s around Manfeild at Round 2 of VMCC. Want some of that?

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 10:21
You have 2 options

1) Build a professional team with a new Top spec fully equipped BMWS1000rr racebike as the weapon of your choice

or

2) Get the same training that Choppa has received and book in for some training with the California Superbike School

One is slightly cheaper than the other

The next school is being held on November the 11th and 12th at Taupo raceway. We have sold 28 spots in the last 48hours, there are only 30 spots left TOTAL during the 2 days of training. See here for booking information http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 11:05
Leanne did L1&L2 at Eastern Creek a week ago - she is an experienced racer and was told that Level 1 at CSS was a waste of time for her.

Leanne wrote a piece about her experiences at CSS, Heres some of it.....

On Monday and Tuesday I did Level 1 and 2 of California Superbike School (CSS). When I told people I was doing Level 1 and 2 many of them told me to not waste my money, that I didn't need it, I rode well enough and that my money would be better spent on a track day. I thought, even though I've been riding 23 years and reached the level of A grade in the 90's when I was racing, that I would still learn something, even if it was just a few tips to improve my riding.

Really, myself and those people couldn't have been further from the truth, because the reality is, that after doing Level 1 and 2 I feel like I've now learnt to ride a motorcycle and corner effectively. After doing CSS I have now discovered that I really was doing it the hard way. I always felt that I could ride better, but just didn't know how to do it. Before doing CSS there were times on the bike when I wanted to get back on the throttle but couldn't because it just didn't feel right. I never had that feeling of 100% stability when entering, apexing or exiting a corner and now in hindsight, my entry and the way I was steering the bike wasn't that good either........

The entire article can be found on our facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaSuperbikeSchoolnz?hc_location=timeline

I'll leave you with Leanne's final remark

I can tell you that you will get more out of that one day with CSS then you will ever get from track days alone.

Edbear
18th July 2013, 11:07
You have 2 options

1) Build a professional team with a new Top spec fully equipped BMWS1000rr racebike as the weapon of your choice

or

2) Get the same training that Choppa has received and book in for some training with the California Superbike School

The next school is being held on November the 11th and 12th at Taupo raceway. We have sold 28 spots in the last 48hours, there are only 30 spots left TOTAL during the 2 days of training. See here for booking information http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Great piece of marketing! :niceone:

Crasherfromwayback
18th July 2013, 11:09
Doesn't matter how long you've been riding or how good you think you are, there's always something new to learn when it comes to riding motorcycles.

malcy25
18th July 2013, 13:07
Doesn't matter how long you've been riding or how good you think you are, there's always something new to learn when it comes to riding motorcycles.

Bang on. I have 28 years of racing and a few years instructing up my sleeve. My "investment" this year was booking in 3 days of CSS including one of those days going to Phillip Island. More speed there than throwing every possible bit of shiny shit at my bike and a chance to unlearn some bad habits no doubt too....

Grubber
18th July 2013, 13:22

I've done up to Level 3 CSS Pete and would say to anyone that you have to give it a go.
Made my race day far more relaxed on the bike.
Waiting to do level 4 this year.:Punk:

Crasherfromwayback
18th July 2013, 13:28
and a chance to unlearn some bad habits no doubt too....

There's a good point too mate.

I've done up to Level 3 CSS Pete and would say to anyone that you have to give it a go.

Awesome. I'd love to do them all time and money permitting.

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 15:06
Great piece of marketing! :niceone:

People go to Uni for years to come up with stuff like that.....:shutup: Chop is riding superbly - hopefully we can get him to be number 1 the coming summer!

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 15:16

Very cool - we are VERY close to being full of level 4 spots so get your entry in ASAP, I think there are only 3 spots free on Monday we may even be full on the Tuesday

CSS is about to release a new way to access Level 4 coaching also - those students who have completed all 3 tech levels of CSS can book a coach ONE ON ONE outside of a CSS event. Students will be able to carryout a level 4 day at their local track at a test day or track day, with all the on track and off track tuition you can handle..... for the same school fee!!!:niceone: (Track day/test day fees not included for the student.)

Jump on and ask about it on our website for more info - OR Pm Myself!!!

Robert Taylor
18th July 2013, 18:19
You have 2 options

or

Hey Chappy

Not to spoil your party as CSS does an EXCELLENT job. But you need BOTH options to do those lap times

NAR RG500
18th July 2013, 20:37
You have 2 options

or

Sorry to spoil your party again Chappy but even if I did both those options I couldn't do that lap time in a million years!

Excellent work CSS, great team, have heard a million good story's from attendees. I'm booking my old man in for a surprise.

Cheers

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 21:34
Hey Chappy

Not to spoil your party as CSS does an EXCELLENT job. But you need BOTH options to do those lap times

hahaha - its a fantastic combination no.....? The M1 team is top notch - Chops quick as dogs....... I think they run ok tyres and suspension too.

Thread was to try and insert some thought into bling buying racers/track dayers minds. Bling is great, can't wait to try out my new front end.....but I feel even more confidant because im beginning to understand how I should use it!

neil_cb125t
18th July 2013, 21:35
Sorry to spoil your party again Chappy but even if I did both those options I couldn't do that lap time in a million years!

Excellent work CSS, great team, have heard a million good story's from attendees. I'm booking my old man in for a surprise.

Cheers

You had better roll out that Duc and give it a thrash fella - you just never know!!! Be great to see you father there

slowpoke
18th July 2013, 22:06
Hey Chappy

Haha, I was just thinking that.

Nothing against CSS but to paraphrase Yogi: Choppa is "smaaaarter than the average bear!". So unless CSS is also providing many years of elite MX training (Choppa was NZ and Oz MX champion long before he heard of CSS) they need to be careful to provide realistic expectations.

Good job on the training but keep it real eh?

Robert Taylor
18th July 2013, 22:11
hahaha - its a fantastic combination no.....? The M1 team is top notch - Chops quick as dogs....... I think they run ok tyres and suspension too.

Thread was to try and insert some thought into bling buying racers/track dayers minds. Bling is great, can't wait to try out my new front end.....but I feel even more confidant because im beginning to understand how I should use it!

Bling is a misused word. FUNCTION is everything

gixerracer
19th July 2013, 06:57
You have 2 options

or

5s have been going on since 2008 around that shit hole. 4s is the target with that new seal. Wana do some 5s follow my Suzuki on the warm up lap. MX is where its at :innocent:

White trash
19th July 2013, 10:47
5s have been going on since 2008 around that shit hole. 4s is the target with that new seal. Wana do some 5s follow my Suzuki on the warm up lap. MX is where its at :innocent:

Craig shoots, HE SCORES!

Mint. As always.

neil_cb125t
19th July 2013, 16:57

I thought you had retired from racing.....again?? you'll probably be more at home on something more your speed - I hear NZ post needs some more rural posties - those CT110's will suit you to a T.

onearmedbandit
19th July 2013, 18:52
Coming to Christchurch any time in the future?

Edbear
19th July 2013, 19:26

I see there is still a healthy atmosphere of competition among the ranks! Coming season should be good! :yes:

neil_cb125t
19th July 2013, 19:32
Coming to Christchurch any time in the future?

We REALLY want to hit the South island, there just isn't the demand down there yet - We need around 60 students for 2 consecutive days to make it doable. Ash, Damien and Lee are heading down south early next year for a track day tour of all of the tracks incl highlands park - so they are going to plant some seeds and try and get a student KEEN base started.

Robert Taylor
19th July 2013, 20:42
I thought you had retired from racing.....again?? you'll probably be more at home on something more your speed - I hear NZ post needs some more rural posties - those CT110's will suit you to a T.

Yeah but Craig struggles with wet conditions................

gixerracer
19th July 2013, 21:06
Yeah but Craig struggles with wet conditions................

Your mail would be wet because I would piss all over it first:motu:

Robert Taylor
19th July 2013, 21:43
Your mail would be wet because I would piss all over it first:motu:

Better not check my inbox then!