PDA

View Full Version : Importing bikes from Italy (race) and some spares?

troymclee
27th July 2013, 11:50
Hey guys,
Im an overseas visitor and would be sticking around for sometime,
i've invested alot of my $$$ in bikes and spares which are currently in italy,
none of the bikes have rego because they were from insuarance auctions and state auctions over there, some were race spec'd but road legal,
i heard you could dismantle the bikes and import them to nz and reassemble them,If so can we get it registered.
A ducati hypermotard cost me around 5000 dollars which is very cheap,I've also got a Bmw S1rr bike complete in parts for around 7K (racing preferabbly) have no idea how to get them here
i can also get the used parts too.

OR

Is it possible to get an damage repairable bike ex,Triumph street triple,Hypermotard.
Atleast i could import my excess spare parts and repair the bike without letting it goto waste,if so where can i find one ?.

Thank you,i am pretty confused with customs and shipping situations here.

troymclee
2nd August 2013, 16:52
anyone:crazy:

Gianz
2nd August 2013, 17:57
If you want Kiwis to give a shit about you you have to first say that you love Nz, that rugby is the best sport ever and that kiwi wine is the best and therefore you get drunk any time you can or can't. Then maybe...
For your thing I have no idea but since I'm italian and I live in Nz I'm quite sure the bureaucracy here is going to be much easier than in Italy.

haydes55
2nd August 2013, 18:41
anyone:crazy:

Sorry but this site gets a few scammers so when you say you have not quite complete bikes in non-road legal spec it looks a bit dodgy. If you get a bike in, get it vinned and registered for the road I have no doubt you could sell them. But in parts.... good luck. You could sell the fairings to a crashed bike or something.