PDA

View Full Version : Multi-national assurance

Hitcher
13th January 2004, 15:41
Mobil is defending its use of sole-attendant service stations against claims they are a lure for robbers.

Three cousins are being sought in connection with 23 robberies throughout Auckland, the most recent of which were at two Mobil stations in Pt Chevalier and Mangere last night.

Mobil Public Affairs Manager Peter Thornbury says sole-attendant service stations are common and the store security is designed round that.

However, the police say that although no one has been injured so far, there is an increasing risk this could change.

They are appealing for information about a car used in last night's robberies - a Mitsubishi Galant registration number TE5515.

jrandom
13th January 2004, 15:55
Issue Glock 17s to Mobil attendants. Problem solved.

k14
13th January 2004, 15:57
Man hitcher, why do you keep posting random crap??

Hitcher
13th January 2004, 16:49
Man hitcher, why do you keep posting random crap??
Guilty as charged, but this one wasn't so random, at least so's I thought.

There was a posting earlier this week about the Tana cuzzies crime spree in Auckland that generated a bit of interest and I thought this latest missive from Mobil added an interesting follow-up.

wkid_one
13th January 2004, 17:02
If they actually invested in appropriate Cash Dispensing Machine (CDM's) similar to what the banks have - then this wouldn't be a problem. Thereby the money is only available in the case of a geniune transaction......

The other option is to ban cash! EFTPOS and CC only

Hitcher
13th January 2004, 17:06
Guilty as charged, but this one wasn't so random, at least so's I thought.

There was a posting earlier this week about the Tana cuzzies crime spree in Auckland that generated a bit of interest and I thought this latest missive from Mobil added an interesting follow-up.
And this post has also succeeded in getting me off the "most reputable members" list!!

georgedubyabush
13th January 2004, 20:25
If they actually invested in appropriate Cash Dispensing Machine (CDM's) similar to what the banks have - then this wouldn't be a problem. Thereby the money is only available in the case of a geniune transaction......

The other option is to ban cash! EFTPOS and CC only

You'd have to ban cigarettes too though. Plenty of people would probably off you for a sack full these days. :ar15:

I kind of like being able to chuck an attendant a tenner to fill up, without having to deglove and dehelmet.

Jackrat
13th January 2004, 20:28
I thought these Cuzzys were nicking smokes and such as well as cash.
What ever you couldn't pay me enough to work a gas station at night by myself,Sod that I cause myself enough problems as it is.
What do you reckon,would these guys be P heads or what??
An I wonder how much time they will get.
The TANA cuzzy's :lol: Hell of a way to get your name in the paper huh!! <_< :laugh:

Jackrat
13th January 2004, 20:33
You'd have to ban cigarettes too though. Plenty of people would probably off you for a sack full these days. :ar15:

I kind of like being able to chuck an attendant a tenner to fill up, without having to deglove and dehelmet.

I never take my helmet off when I get gas.
Am I supossed to????Been out of the country for a while ya' see.
Hell maybe that's why I get odd looks now and then :Oops:

georgedubyabush
13th January 2004, 20:40

I guess not, but a full face can be a pain in the arse.

Firefight
13th January 2004, 21:02

Hey Jack,
Not sure about all petrol stations, but I have been told, to take mine off at a couple of local stations, Big Dog may know what the policy is, he works in the managment of one of the big fuel cos, Have to admit after I'd been told, I did notice one of those picture sign things that have a helmet with a line through it, like they have on bank doors. :doh:

firefight.

James Deuce
13th January 2004, 21:43
Flip Up helmets seem to be OK.

I just open the face up if I have to go in.

LB
14th January 2004, 05:02
I normally always leave my helmet on. But then having dog's ears suckered on the sides usually gets a smile from the attendant, or else an incredulous look. They probably figure that no robber would bother going to the trouble of putting such ludicrous things on their helmet. It's a pain in the ass taking it off - takes time to get it off, (take off the balaclava in winter), take out the ear plugs, and try to keep the radar detector earpiece in the right place in the helmet, then do the reverse to put it back on again.

BigB
14th January 2004, 06:07
I have been told by the local Shell (Greenlane) that I should take my helmet off, but because I'm a regular not to. The local BP (Ellerslie) has never said anything, I was in yesterday and they had been robbed by the Tana brothers 2 days before nothing said.
I never take it of as it's to much hassle, but if they asked then I would. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Jackrat
14th January 2004, 09:11
I hear on the radio this morning,The Tana prats have been catched.