PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Walker doing the bizz

Crasherfromwayback
30th July 2013, 11:36
How's this? Sorry if it's a repost...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8xXKc7NbB8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jay GTI
30th July 2013, 11:50
Damn ex-trials riders... I had a mate at school who was an accomplished trials rider, we used to take the piss out of him for not riding a real bike. Now I wish I had joined him, guys like Jonny, Graham Jarvis, Birchie etc all have crazy skills.

Nice vid!

Crasherfromwayback
30th July 2013, 11:53
Damn ex-trials riders... I had a mate at school who was an accomplished trials rider, we used to take the piss out of him for not riding a real bike. Now I wish I had joined him, guys like Jonny, Graham Jarvis, Birchie etc all have crazy skills.

Nice vid!

Yeah mate. I used to flat with Steffan Merriman when I was in Brisbane. Made me feel less than ordinary on a bike after seeing what he could do on a trials bike.

george formby
30th July 2013, 11:54
I concur. Knowing exactly where both your wheels are, all the time.
Mind you, I would not attempt that prologue, even on a trials bike with nobody looking.

cheers for posting the vid. Extreme enduro brightens my bulb.

Crasherfromwayback
30th July 2013, 13:26
Like this cat...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7-0kc4He7U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

caspernz
30th July 2013, 13:29
Mad skills! Now I have to admit that my first thought at "Johnny Walker" had nothing to do with trials bikes :innocent: and after watching it...I'd need a couple to even consider attempting that course :blink:

White trash
30th July 2013, 13:49
I love how the course looks pretty hard for the first lap, then you see how many riders are stuck on obstacle 2 or 3 when Johnny's starting his second lap, then all of a sudden the course looks fucking impossible.

Tony.OK
30th July 2013, 14:33
And here I am feeling chuffed with myself having had only one wee off after 4 trail rides :facepalm:

In all honesty I can't even fathom how they get to be that good, bloody good to watch what is possible even though it makes me feel fekkin useless haha!

Jay GTI
30th July 2013, 15:18
And here I am feeling chuffed with myself having had only one wee off after 4 trail rides :facepalm:

In all honesty I can't even fathom how they get to be that good, bloody good to watch what is possible even though it makes me feel fekkin useless haha!

It's a specific set of skills the trials guys have from their time spent bouncing from rock to rock as youngsters. The average rider doing trail rides and hitting Woodhill etc on the weekends will not learn these skills, even the top MX guys would struggle with some of the stuff these guys can do.

For this reason I've been trying to sneak a trials bike into my garage (or a Freeride even), but I recognise my age and awareness of my mortality/ability to hurt myself means I'd be too shit scared of falling off stuff to learn anything worthwhile.

Tony.OK
30th July 2013, 16:58
but I recognise my age and awareness of my mortality/ability to hurt myself means I'd be too shit scared of falling off stuff to learn anything worthwhile.

Haha you're dead right on that, just turned 41 and after landing on my hip on Sunday I know I don't bounce like I used to :no:

Jay GTI
30th July 2013, 17:03
Haha you're dead right on that, just turned 41 and after landing on my hip on Sunday I know I don't bounce like I used to :no:

Yep, turning 40 in a few months and I have definiely realised that this specific problem has created a ceiling for my ability. I can only go so far before the age-related fear sets in and lessons learned hobbling around the office for a couple of weeks after a decent off take over.

The fast as feck guys that blow past me on trail rides were fast as feck when they were 15. I wasn't, so I will never be.

Still the best hobby in the world though, despite my limits... :)

nallac
30th July 2013, 19:03
Impressive, it'd be hard to walk let alone ride it....