PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi Stelvio?

Hailwood
31st July 2013, 18:03
Hi all

Have done a search and cant find the answer..does anyone here own one and what are they like to ride? I have sat on one and note the pillion sits a lot higher than me...does anyone have any issues with pillion comfort, wind blast etc?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

AllanB
31st July 2013, 19:44
Nah but the brand new model has received good press. What's a passenger? ........

Big Dave
31st July 2013, 20:00
I would buy a Stelvio... if the

1. Triumph ADV 1200

2. BMW R1200GS

3. Yamaha Tenere 1200.

4. Honda Varadero

5. Various KTMs

were not available.

Racing Dave
1st August 2013, 08:10
They have their fans - quirky, but interesting.

nudemetalz
1st August 2013, 08:18
I personally think they're a lot better looking than the bikes that Big Dave mentions,...but then again I could be accused of being biased.. ;)

nallac
1st August 2013, 10:00
I personally think they're a lot better looking than the bikes that Big Dave mentions,...but then again I could be accused of being biased.. ;)

+1 i can't be accused of being biased tho i own a Buell.....

Big Dave
1st August 2013, 11:16
I liked it doing what RD has pictured - a lot. Particularly good on the dirt where it spools up very nicely.

On the road - 4V - the worst of the engines vibes were right at cruising speed. I found it annoying. 8V fixes that somewhat.

If you are tall - it's a bad saddle and the big windscreen adjusts just enough to make significant turbulence hit my chin - or forehead.

I don't like its looks, but looks aren't why you buy an adventure bike.

If you are average height and ride a lot of dirt and want something different - yeah pretty good bike.

Tall - it needs some fixing - and IMO there are better stock choices.

Hailwood
1st August 2013, 20:27
I would buy a Stelvio... if the

1. Triumph ADV 1200

2. BMW R1200GS

3. Yamaha Tenere 1200.

4. Honda Varadero

5. Various KTMs

were not available.

The new Triumph looks a bit like a bike that has bits added on, the BMW is a fashion accessory, I rode the new KTM and sadly was not that impressed...very smooth, lots of power but so boring..maybe I am not that good a rider!!!!!!

I like the quirky look but am curious as to how a pillion would fare......

Cant get a demo to ride here...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

Big Dave
1st August 2013, 20:34
the BMW is a fashion accessory,

Rubbish. It's one of the best fun bikes on the market.

Racing Dave
2nd August 2013, 07:43
Particularly good on the dirt where it spools up very nicely.

...and one of four bikes that made it to the South Island's geographic centre.

The wide and smooth rear tyre didn't help on the climb, but a helping hand from the others eased it past the steepest/wettest part. Only the KTM990 (on knobblies) arrived unassisted, and both the DR650 and KTM950 needed a wee push as well.

babysteps
2nd August 2013, 10:32
If its half as much fun to ride as my Griso then your in for some good times!

Yours

Guzzi Fan Boy

nudemetalz
2nd August 2013, 20:18
If its half as much fun to ride as my Griso then your in for some good times!

Yours

Guzzi Fan Boy

+1 with Guzziness !!! :Punk:

Hailwood
2nd August 2013, 20:53
I have to admit that the old model Stelvio is appealing...the different look has something wrong but yet looks so right...now if only I could ride one to see how it rides................

White trash
2nd August 2013, 21:30
I rode the new KTM and sadly was not that impressed...very smooth, lots of power but so boring..

Bwahahahahahaha......hahahahahahahahaha.......haha haha. Bro, you've gotta be fucken kidding me!

Ditch the Dorris mate, turn the electronics off and prepare to sacrifice your licence next ride :D

Hailwood
3rd August 2013, 11:08
Bwahahahahahaha......hahahahahahahahaha.......haha haha. Bro, you've gotta be fucken kidding me!

Ditch the Dorris mate, turn the electronics off and prepare to sacrifice your licence next ride :D

Wow way to piss off a customer Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not impressed with your comments at all.

I rode it in street mode one up and then two up on sport mode........just didn't feel the love...............sorry if you find that funny but each to their own...and as a I am a potential buyer I am entitled to my own opinion.....

So sorry if my view of the bike doesnt equal your view but not everybody rides "to sacrifice their licence".

White trash
3rd August 2013, 17:59
Shit Brett, certainly wasn't trying to offend ya. I actually thought you were joking as you're the first person to yet describe an 1190 as "boring".

But as you say, you're more than entitled to your opinion. She'd be a boring old world if we all rode 1190s for sure.

Peace.

Hailwood
4th August 2013, 22:14
Shit Brett, certainly wasn't trying to offend ya. I actually thought you were joking as you're the first person to yet describe an 1190 as "boring".

But as you say, you're more than entitled to your opinion. She'd be a boring old world if we all rode 1190s for sure.

Peace.

All good

Sorry mate..just being a bit over sensitive.....