PDA

View Full Version : Best place to re-certify bike - North Shore?

DanielM8
2nd August 2013, 12:58
Hey,
I'm looking for the best place to get my little 125 relicensed.. VTNZ pointed me to a seatbelt repair place but my bike doesn't have seat belts (ha ha). Is there a bike shop that won't charge me a fortune and screw me around like I know VTNZ's partner would? And an idea of the cost would be appreciated too!

Cheers

Sent from my iShit using Tapatalk

Rhys
2nd August 2013, 13:06
Are you needing it certified or a new rego ?

DanielM8
2nd August 2013, 13:07
Are you needing it certified or a new rego ?

Oops- forgot to mention. Reg went out 2009 so it needs certifying I think

Sent from my iShit using Tapatalk

Rhys
2nd August 2013, 13:11
Some VTNZ"s

or

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/33120-Motorcycle-certification-Where-in-Aucks

unstuck
2nd August 2013, 13:14
You may need to go to the cop shop too, you used to if the rego had lapsed. Then you probably need to go to the bike shop and get the brake compliance crap done, then re vinned. Dont quote me though cos it has been 4 or 5 years since I have had to do one.:yes:

breakaway
6th August 2013, 09:50
I know for a fact that the VTNZ near sylvia park does it.

My bike passed a full re-vin with a completely collapsed wheel bearing there.

You don't need to go to the police if you can get a document from the previous owner stating the VIN# of the bike dated with signature saying he has sold it to you. Otherwise you will have to go there and get a certificate that says your bike is not a 'vehicle of interest' (i.e. hasn't been reported stolen/outstanding fees etc).

mossy1200
6th August 2013, 19:36
You may need to go to the cop shop too, you used to if the rego had lapsed. Then you probably need to go to the bike shop and get the brake compliance crap done, then re vinned. Dont quote me though cos it has been 4 or 5 years since I have had to do one.:yes:

You can do the brake cert yourself.

You just need to list the min measurement for the disc and your measurement with calipers. The state your a competent person to take measurements. Sign and your done.