PDA

View Full Version : Trickle charger?

pzkpfw
10th August 2013, 18:00
Is this kind of thing good for keeping 'em in good condition?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/batteries/auction-624132910.htm

AllanB
10th August 2013, 20:03
I know this brand is good and works well from personal use.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/batteries/auction-625096553.htm

Oxford also make them are bike shops sell em.

TimeOut
11th August 2013, 07:57
I know this brand is good and works well from personal use.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/batteries/auction-625096553.htm

Oxford also make them are bike shops sell em.

Yep good unit, had one for six years

sinfull
11th August 2013, 08:31
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/batteries/auction-624743782.htm

This has to be a good deal for the Oxford

Paid 80 for mine not long back, don't think i'd ever be without one in the garage now !

pzkpfw
11th August 2013, 12:29
Thanks everyone.

Wayz
11th August 2013, 12:30
Oxford hoorah!

pzkpfw
14th August 2013, 13:21
Well, just got an "Oxford Oximiser 900" (support your local shops; when they are helpful they deserve it) and a new battery from WMC.

I do like the idea of the permanently wired-on connector with weather resistant plug. Getting the seat on and off my Z is a pain. (Though connecting the Oximiser to the battery while it's still connected to my bikes' electrics does feel "weird").

Got a cheaper battery this time than last, on the assumption that the Oxford thing will make it last longer anyway.

Will report on how it all goes, for the benefit (maybe) of future searchers.

Thanks for the advice.

Edbear
14th August 2013, 15:51
Well, just got an "Oxford Oximiser 900" (support your local shops; when they are helpful they deserve it) and a new battery from WMC.

I do like the idea of the permanently wired-on connector with weather resistant plug. Getting the seat on and off my Z is a pain. (Though connecting the Oximiser to the battery while it's still connected to my bikes' electrics does feel "weird").

Got a cheaper battery this time than last, on the assumption that the Oxford thing will make it last longer anyway.

Thanks for the advice.

Did someone mention a battery....? :rolleyes:

pzkpfw
14th August 2013, 18:39
Too slow, but I may need one for my car too...

Edbear
15th August 2013, 13:09
Too slow, but I may need one for my car too...

WMC are stockists of the Shorai brand too. Depending on your price requirements, as shorai are not cheap initially.

TimeOut
16th August 2013, 06:44

Thanks for the advice.

You can leave battery hooked up as long as you charge at low amperage which the 900 does

pzkpfw
17th August 2013, 14:23
Hmmm; although I had a written report from my dealer (Toyota) agreeing my battery was toast, SuperCheap wasn't having a bar of my 36 month (Champion battery) warranty.

The guy tested it, said it just needed charging, mumbled about calcium batteries and how my battery charger wasn't good enough and basically gave me the "suck it" stare.

So off to Repco and just bought a new one there. The guy there was much friendlier, and confirmed the "calcium battery" magic spiel, so I bought a fancy new charger too. ... it does the maintenance thing like the Oxford I got for the bike, so, should be no more battery crap for a while.