PDA

View Full Version : Part time work available, Taupo district plus

Rainbow Wizard
23rd August 2005, 09:14
Please spread the word if this doesn't suit you, our need is genuine.
Our installer is off overseas for 12 months (more or less). We need someone to install our small water-hydraulic lifts and do periodic maintenance at least during his absence. But with demand steadily increasing we could make good use of someone prepared to travel around a bit on an ongoing basis.
An installation eventually consumes between 30 to 40 hours comprising mechanical assembly, rebating doors & jambs for lock & handle hardware, PVC plumbing (glued) assembly, sizing the particle board floor & stapling carpet onto it, and simple low-voltage electrical connections. Some jobs even require "post" holes to be manually bored to between 3 and six metres deep but in such cases we supply the equipment. On a new house this work could spread over several weeks, or even months, but an existing house installation can often be completed in a week or so.

Accordingly we need a reasonably intelligent and somewhat physically fit person with versatile skills and a natural attention to detail who has got some time available to supplement their existing income. It would also be an advantage for that person to have a cellphone and access to a fax. Realistically though (I'm sad to say) that I doubt that we could work with someone who's only mode of transport is a bike.

Anyone interested can PM me or send me an email via the website detailed on my profile. We are also keen to hear from suitable people located in Wanganui and/or Palmerston North, the Sth Island West Coast, and Auckland or between there and Whangarei.

And by the way, 3 weeks in France and (apart from at the factory) I only saw ONE Voxan there!