PDA

View Full Version : Greymouth Street Races - Labour Weekend 2013

Muzzab
12th August 2013, 20:52
Hi,

Some of you are probably wondering what is happening with entry forms for the Greymouth Street Races to be held on Labour Weekend. Usually we would have them out by now.

We had a meeting tonight and were told the reason the entry forms can not be made available is because our permit has not been approved yet. The permit application has been in for some time, but has not been approved due to reasons out of our control.

Once the permit is approved we will make the entry forms available quickly. We have Email addresses for previous entrants and will send one through as soon as we can. PM me an Email address and I will Email you one if you don't think we will have your Email address. I will try and put one on here for interested people to print off
if I can (I'm computer useless so bear with me).

Sorry for the delay, but these things happen, the committee is making good progress on the rest of the organising for the event.

Cheers
Murray
Treasurer GMSR

Muzzab
12th August 2013, 20:56
OK so the title should say " 2013 " :niceone:

Muzzab
19th August 2013, 08:30
Still waitng to hear from MNZ re permit.

Muzzab
26th August 2013, 10:38
Still waiting.......:weep:

Billy
26th August 2013, 14:03
Still waiting.......:weep:

Check with Debbie that she received the email sent her on the 20th of August,There is a new procedure for street events in place and it is no longer in my domain

Muzzab
26th August 2013, 15:25
Will do, Thanks.

Muzzab
27th August 2013, 10:27
Confirmed with Debbie (our race organiser) Email of 20th responded to as required.

Cheers
Murray

Muzzab
30th August 2013, 13:16
......8 weeks to go.......still waiting....

Dave-
30th August 2013, 20:53
If only there was a better way?

Muzzab
3rd September 2013, 08:13
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Permit issued yesterday, we all go now. I think emails have been sent to past competitors.
I'll try and post an entry form up here later, I need to print some off for Debbie, but if you want one emailed
either PM me an email address or send an Email to greymouthstreetrace@gmail.com

Cheers
Muzza

Muzzab
3rd September 2013, 09:13

Entry form to download if required.

Cheers
Muzza

Muzzab
4th September 2013, 10:41
Great to see some entries hitting the bank account already, good on ya's.
Must get mine done, now I've got my licence renewed.

Cheers
Murray
Treasurer
GMSR

wharfy
6th September 2013, 21:02
This is a great event, give it a whirl if you can manage it.
I've done it a couple of times - Not sure if I can make it this year, but I've been doing some overtime so ya never know :)

steve74
8th September 2013, 22:23
Your always welcome Warfy, entry's are flowing in nicely, a bit of interest from the North island motard boys as there is a supermotard round at ruapuna the weekend before greymouth, two weekends of racing in the one trip down south with a public holiday to drive home makes it a bit more appealing I guess. :niceone:

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 07:34
no pre89:cry:bugger oh well.

Not sure I want to get mixed up in the f3 class and be a moving shicane :shit:lol.

Muzzab
9th September 2013, 09:32

Not sure I want to get mixed up in the f3 class and be a moving shicane :shit:lol.

Why not, I will be :drool: raced in F3 in Nelson on my Pre82 GSX400 twin, and managed to keep out of the way of the fast buggers.....i'd be less game to go Pre89 to be honest.

Drew
9th September 2013, 13:45

Not sure I want to get mixed up in the f3 class and be a moving shicane :shit:lol.Come to the Barry Sheene at Hampton downs on that weekend then.

Muzzab
9th September 2013, 14:23
Come to the Barry Sheene at Hampton downs on that weekend then.

Too true, bit of a long haul from Central Otago though, and there more chance the event will get rained out.:yes:

Drew
9th September 2013, 14:37
Too true, bit of a long haul from Central Otago though, and there more chance the event will get rained out.:yes:Huge crowd from Southland club coming up. Chuck yer bike in their container and catch a lift with one of those mofos.

I can't say sod all about the weather. Been a mixed bag the two times I've been there.

Grumph
9th September 2013, 14:58
Your always welcome Warfy, entry's are flowing in nicely, a bit of interest from the North island motard boys as there is a supermotard round at ruapuna the weekend before greymouth, two weekends of racing in the one trip down south with a public holiday to drive home makes it a bit more appealing I guess. :niceone:

OK Steve - a question. I'm told there's nothing in the supp regs relating to the recent rule changes - 22.6 and 22.8.

Rumour has it that street meetings are the same as nationals in that 22.8 applies - this would mean "shark fin" extra lock wiring etc as well as a tail light if you wish to race in the rain. It would be as well to clear this up early if only to aid the classic guys....

Thanks.

Muzzab
9th September 2013, 16:30
OK Steve - a question. I'm told there's nothing in the supp regs relating to the recent rule changes - 22.6 and 22.8.

Rumour has it that street meetings are the same as nationals in that 22.8 applies - this would mean "shark fin" extra lock wiring etc as well as a tail light if you wish to race in the rain. It would be as well to clear this up early if only to aid the classic guys....

Thanks.

Hi,

We have a meeting tonight, this will be discussed, I'll post up the answer.

Cheers
Muzza

Drew
9th September 2013, 16:30

Thanks.Ohhh, don't forget the three MNZ meetings in your chosen class in the twelve months prior to competing.

Muzzab
9th September 2013, 16:37
Ohhh, don't forget the three MNZ meetings in your chosen class in the twelve months prior to competing.

Thanks for that, I've highlighted that on what i have printed off from MNZ for Section 22 as well.

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 17:18
Come to the Barry Sheene at Hampton downs on that weekend then.

Yer was thinking about that earlier but decided to get dept paid off this year and if going that far would like to have a bit of time to look around a little.

The other problem is the time of year with lambing finishing and tailing starting were pretty busy so might look at the barry sheen next year after seeing how taking a couple of extra days off this year goes with the boss

Danger Dave
9th September 2013, 17:23
Ohhh, don't forget the three MNZ meetings in your chosen class in the twelve months prior to competing.

Here is a copy of the rule taken from MNZ website, it does not state "in your chosen class"

Rule 22.8.15
Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class, a rider must have competed in at least 3 lower level Road Race circuit events with in the 12 months immediately prior, or be observed by a recognised senior competitor or suitably trained MNZ official, clearance for which must be obtained from the Road Race Commissioner, proof of this will be from entries in the logbook or of observed, written clearance from the Road Race Commissioner, only senior Championship licence holders may compete on the streets.

Drew
9th September 2013, 17:26
Here is a copy of the rule taken from MNZ website, it does not state "in your chosen class"

Rule 22.8.15
Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class, a rider must have competed in at least 3 lower level Road Race circuit events with in the 12 months immediately prior, or be observed by a recognised senior competitor or suitably trained MNZ official, clearance for which must be obtained from the Road Race Commissioner, proof of this will be from entries in the logbook or of observed, written clearance from the Road Race Commissioner, only senior Championship licence holders may compete on the streets.Oh, true dat. My mistake, as it was dicussed originally that it was in your class. I figured that's how the rule had presented in finished form.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Danger Dave
9th September 2013, 17:29
Oh, true dat. My mistake, as it was dicussed originally that it was in your class. I figured that's how the rule had presented in finished form.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

I only know that because i keeped an eye on it, as you well know with sidecars how the hell are we going to get 3 races in our class without them being strret or nationals ;) unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.

Drew
9th September 2013, 17:38
I only know that because i keeped an eye on it, as you well know with sidecars how the hell are we going to get 3 races in our class without them being strret or nationals ;) unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.Barry Sheene, Tri series rounds one and two, and you're good to go mate.

Billy
9th September 2013, 17:39
I only know that because i keeped an eye on it, as you well know with sidecars how the hell are we going to get 3 races in our class without them being strret or nationals ;) unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.

Yip I identified that and rang Scrivy and we came up with the altered rule as you have posted,Much to somes disgust I might add

Kickaha
9th September 2013, 17:49
Harden up Princess

unless we spend a fortune and travel down south to do them.
You could do 2 in the next two weekends down here? dont you guys get any club rounds through the year ? :bleh:

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 18:06
[QUOTE=Kickaha;1130609415]Harden up Princess

:mad::ar15:Who the feck are you calling princess:motu:fuck off back to the sidecar thread where you belong:bye:.

Looking at accommodation as we speak

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 21:51

Thanks.

The rule 22.8 applies to national championship meetings not street meets.
From what I'm told (Kevin goddard) a street meet licence is not the same as a champion licence.

Drew
9th September 2013, 22:01
From what I'm told (Kevin goddard) a street meet licence is not the same as a champion licence.

Now this is interesting. At odds to what I'm being told.

Can't read the rules from my phone fuck it all.

Muzzab
9th September 2013, 22:04

We are getting some clarification on rule 22.8.15 at the moment. Hopefully will have an answer in the morning.

It's interesting, my new licence says "Senior Championship" on it, I didn't see any options for street racing specifically when I applied to renew it.

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 22:13
Now this is interesting. At odds to what I'm being told.

Can't read the rules from my phone fuck it all.

Yes its confusing cos I emailed him and said I needed to buy one for the street race in graymouth in superlights and he said I didn't need one.

We are getting some clarification on rule 22.8.15 at the moment. Hopefully will have an answer in the morning.

It's interesting, my new licence says "Senior Championship" on it, I didn't see any options for street racing specifically when I applied to renew it.

Kevin said to give him a ring if you want clarification.

Drew
9th September 2013, 22:17
Hang on. It's always been the rule to have to do three meeting before being able to do streets and Nats both. That has been amended for the meetings to have been inside a one year period. Why would they drop it for streets?

If you can't do three in a year, Billy can approve you to race if he sees fit to do so.

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 22:27
Hang on. It's always been the rule to have to do three meeting before being able to do streets and Nats both. That has been amended for the meetings to have been inside a one year period. Why would they drop it for streets?

If you can't do three in a year, Billy can approve you to race if he sees fit to do so.

Rule 22.8.15
Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class, a rider must have competed in at least 3 lower level Road Race circuit events with in the 12 months immediately prior, or be observed by a recognised senior competitor or suitably trained MNZ official, clearance for which must be obtained from the Road Race Commissioner, proof of this will be from entries in the logbook or of observed, written clearance from the Road Race Commissioner, only senior Championship licence holders may compete on the streets.
Rule 22.8.16
When the riders have lined up on the grid they are deemed to be under the starters control at the instant the RED FLAG reaches the side of the track.
Any motorcycle that moves in a forward motion whilst under the starters control shall be deemed a jump start.
Rule 22.8.19
Front brake caliper mounting bolts, must be wired or pinned in the tightened position
Rule 22.8.20
A front brake lever protector may be fitted
Rule 22.8.21 -
A chainguard or sharkfin made of a suitable rigid material MUST be fitted in such a way to prevent trapping between the lower chain run and the final drive sprocket at the rear wheel. All edges must be rounded.
Rule 22.10.1

Skunk
9th September 2013, 22:36

Yeah, a street meet licence is very different to a champion licence. One thing they do have in common is neither exists.
A Full Licence covers Street, Island Championship and Nationals meetings.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 22:51
Yeah, a street meet licence is very different to a champion licence. One thing they do have in common is neither exists.
A Full Licence covers Street, Island Championship and Nationals meetings.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.

Sorry skunk what I meant by licence is the champion and street EVENT licence the organisers apply for is different.

I get where drew is coming from though with all the changes listed under the one rule appendix.

Billy
9th September 2013, 22:56
Kevin said to give him a ring if you want clarification.

Why would you contact somebody who has NO jurisdiction over the sport to get a clarification he's not qualified to answer,His only reply SHOULD be,Contact the relevant commissioner,Although in this case,If you bothered to actually read the rules,Instead of just parading them on KB,You'd already know that as Drew has pointed out

kiwi cowboy
9th September 2013, 23:21
Why would you contact somebody who has NO jurisdiction over the sport to get a clarification he's not qualified to answer,His only reply SHOULD be,Contact the relevant commissioner,Although in this case,If you bothered to actually read the rules,Instead of just parading them on KB,You'd already know that as Drew has pointed out

For fucks sake what do you mean NO jurisdiction?.
Is keven goddard not the south island road board member as it says on the mnz website?.
As a road race board member shouldn't he know what hes talking about?.
Just to be clear I didn't contact him for clarification I contacted him as race supplies to buy a sharkfin as I was wanting to enter the street race and he SUPPLIED the information I tried to post up here.

I also HAVE actually read and posted the rule up on here and got confused with different advise but go ahead and insult me all ya like.

Might go back to plan A and just not go-problem solved

Grumph
10th September 2013, 07:16

Billy, with all due respect, that ain't very helpful. You've already gone on record here as saying that street race permits are no longer your responsibility so who is the relevant commissioner to ask ?
I was told for example, that permits were going to be scrutinised by a committee of street circuit builders, well there are four in the SI currently but i hear the SI is not represented on that committee....who are they please ?
There's a thread/section on here specifically for the commissioners edicts etc...what about posting a clarification of section 22 as it applies to various levels of roadracing...please.

I've done the correct thing and asked for a clarification from the organising club as i would have expected something in the supp regs...given this amount of duckshoving, i hope they can find someone who will give answers.

Billy
10th September 2013, 07:55
Billy, with all due respect, that ain't very helpful. You've already gone on record here as saying that street race permits are no longer your responsibility so who is the relevant commissioner to ask ?
I was told for example, that permits were going to be scrutinised by a committee of street circuit builders, well there are four in the SI currently but i hear the SI is not represented on that committee....who are they please ?
There's a thread/section on here specifically for the commissioners edicts etc...what about posting a clarification of section 22 as it applies to various levels of roadracing...please.

I've done the correct thing and asked for a clarification from the organising club as i would have expected something in the supp regs...given this amount of duckshoving, i hope they can find someone who will give answers.

Not quite correct,

I still sign off on the permit applications,Supp regs and entry forms,The street circuit committee go through the track plan etc to assure it is up to the job,I have received and replied to a request from the organising club for a clarification,Pretty simple really though,The rule is clear enough and the only confusion is the placement in 22-8,Funnily enough that is where it has always been and the only thing of any consequence that has changed is the 3 entries in the rulebook in the previous 12 months,Simply put you need a Senior national licence to compete at a street circuit or the new upgrade for your club licence,Available from the office.

In the first instance all enquiries should be through the office or the relevant commissioner,Not the board,They run the organisation,Not the individual disciplines,You will need to contact the general manager at the office re the street circuit committee as I have no idea who's involved outside of Jim Tuckerman

wayne
10th September 2013, 08:30
is it correct club licence $100
championship licence $200
to race on street you need championship licence ?

Kevin G
10th September 2013, 08:41

I love you to Billy....Just trying to help out a friend with the correct information as so many people do not understand the new rules and no clarification has been forthcoming from the Road Race Commission.

Muzzab
10th September 2013, 08:44
Thanks Billy, I hope we are all on the same page now.

Hopefully, this is how it is for our event.

Rule 22.6 applies ( new - red light if wet)

Rule 22.8 in general does not apply (no sharkfin, etc required), except for rule 22.8.15 (the licencing part) that does apply, it is mentioned on our entry form. (as mentioned by Billy, the problem is where the reference to Street Race licencing sits in the rules)

You need a Senior Championship Licence for Street Racing, You need to have competed in at least three road racing events prior to the event you are entering.

If you have any queries with your licence in regard to the Greymouth Street Race PM me on here and i will get an answer for you.

Thanks
Murray
Treasurer
GMSR

Billy
10th September 2013, 08:59
I love you to Billy....Just trying to help out a friend with the correct information as so many people do not understand the new rules and no clarification has been forthcoming from the Road Race Commission.

Wasn't really about you "Florence",More about getting these folks to talk to the right people,I mean you don't go to the butchers to buy your vegetables....do you???? LOL

Oh and the reason there was no clarification from the commission was cause nobody asked me,Don't really see why anybody would need one anyway,I didnt change the rule in its entirety,I just added the section about the previous 12 months

Billy
10th September 2013, 09:01
is it correct club licence $100
championship licence $200
to race on street you need championship licence ?

Yip,

Unless you get the upgrade mentioned above,Still if you were a licence holder who had read the rulebook or visited the website,You'd know that.

Grumph
10th September 2013, 10:36
Yip,

Unless you get the upgrade mentioned above,Still if you were a licence holder who had read the rulebook or visited the website,You'd know that.

As a non licence holder who had indeed visited the website and read the rulebook (portions of which i actually wrote...) i did indeed think i knew what was wanted...

But then to attend a meeting declared wet and be told that lights were only required for nationals.....and be told by a person in authority that if you required a senior licence for an event, then the relevant portions of 22.8 applied for that event....

Jeeze, Billy, if there are changes like this made in the future, please get a clarification out to the clubs BEFORE racing starts under the changed rules...

Thanks Muzza for your answer - nice to not be having arguments at scrutineering. See you at BoB.

Billy
10th September 2013, 11:16
As a non licence holder who had indeed visited the website and read the rulebook (portions of which i actually wrote...) i did indeed think i knew what was wanted...

But then to attend a meeting declared wet and be told that lights were only required for nationals.....and be told by a person in authority that if you required a senior licence for an event, then the relevant portions of 22.8 applied for that event....

Jeeze, Billy, if there are changes like this made in the future, please get a clarification out to the clubs BEFORE racing starts under the changed rules...

Thanks Muzza for your answer - nice to not be having arguments at scrutineering. See you at BoB.

Clarifications for what?????
Looks pretty simple to follow too me,Whoever told anybody the rearward facing lights were for Nationals only,Should have their warrant removed pronto,If they can't read and understand the rulebook,How did they get a warrant in the first place,Same goes for the competitors,The due process for rule changes was followed,Trouble is as usual,The competitors can't be bothered keeping up to date and expect it to be MNZs fault automatically in the same way they don't have any input into the rule changes but think they can just get stuff changed after the fact.

kiwi cowboy
10th September 2013, 12:45
Wasn't really about you "Florence",More about getting these folks to talk to the right people,I mean you don't go to the butchers to buy your vegetables....do you???? LOL

Oh and the reason there was no clarification from the commission was cause nobody asked me,Don't really see why anybody would need one anyway,I didnt change the rule in its entirety,I just added the section about the previous 12 months

Billy please correct me if I'm wrong but this wording at the start of section 22.8
Before competing in a Street Race or National points Road Race meeting in any championship class,
Shouldn't that be read before every sub section below it as far as what is required which is why I thought I needed a sharkfin which is why I contacted Kevin as he sells them.
With Kevin being on the mnz road board i thought he would know (and seems to be right in this instance)so don't see why you pissed because I relayed that info on here.
I may have not worded it properly and that is a problem I do have to explain things the way I mean and sometimes it comes across wrong:innocent:.

don't matter anyway I have pulled the pin and will concentrate on meets closer where I know I can relax without this bullshit:laugh:.

Good luck to the organisers and hope all have a cracking day.

Dave-
10th September 2013, 14:49
Clarifications for what?????
Looks pretty simple to follow too me,Whoever told anybody the rearward facing lights were for Nationals only,Should have their warrant removed pronto,If they can't read and understand the rulebook,How did they get a warrant in the first place,Same goes for the competitors,The due process for rule changes was followed,Trouble is as usual,The competitors can't be bothered keeping up to date and expect it to be MNZs fault automatically in the same way they don't have any input into the rule changes but think they can just get stuff changed after the fact.

To be honest Billy your English is terrible it's no wonder to me that people are seeking clarification.

The rule book is your way of communicating with the riders at large. You might have great ideas, you might work really hard and have all the greatest intentions. But without the ability to effectively communicate it all falls apart.

It's not entirely your fault, the MNZ rule book is a travesty as an official document before you stepped in to the position. But that's no excuse to continue the trend.

Do you have someone you can read rules to and have them explain their understanding? less experienced with motorcycles the better.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

edit: this rule here for example:

Rule 22.8.16
When the riders have lined up on the grid they are deemed to be under the starters control at the instant the RED FLAG reaches the side of the track.
Any motorcycle that moves in a forward motion whilst under the starters control shall be deemed a jump start.

A person who has never raced before, or has no knowledge of racing and is seeking to understand the rules would read that rule and be confused about how many starters there are. Most people can deduce from the sentence that there is at least one starter, but the fact an apostrophe has been left out either before or after the s at the end of starter is ambiguous as to how many there are. This is fairly minor as most people will work out that the race is about to start from other clues.

The 2nd part is far more dangerous, it reads that the riders are only under control (irrespective of who's it is) for the split second the red flag is at the side of the track. It is not states who's control they are under before and after this point. This is actually very ambiguous and in an investigation MNZ could be found to be negligent.

SWERVE
10th September 2013, 19:44
For somebody who is obviously such a master of the written word and schooled up on all aspects of matters legal or otherwise............. maybe you should offer your services as a proof reader of the rule book! Instead of playing keyboard warrior / expert on KB.
As I see it the rule book is the guideline from which each club promoter works from so the basic structure remains the same. If you had listened at riders brief (at Ruapuna for instance) im assuming you actually participate? Then the little clarifications such as who is in charge prior to the flag reaching the edge of track.... and who the starter is (he is introduced and usually runs through the start procedure) are all covered very well in the briefing! But it does rely on the riders listening!!!!
and asking questions if not sure.
If half the people who come on here and bleat on about how it could be done better... or how badly it is being done? Actually contributed to the cause, then people like Billy, and myself who spend countless hours trying to improve things for all would not be getting "totally fucked of with the whole racing scene" and be considering getting out of it because of the shit that gets thrown.
I thought my love of the sport was 'everlasting" but posts like this are a part of the reason I am having serious considerations as to how I spend my time:yawn:

Muzzab
10th September 2013, 20:10
Righto fellas, I think we have moved passed anything to do with the Greymouth Street Races now.

If you have an issue that is not directly related to the event, start a thread and have an informed discussion
there.

For our event I think we have things sorted and that is all I care about at the moment.

I don't want to get up anyones nose so please don't take this post personally.

Cheers
Murray

Billy
10th September 2013, 20:11
For somebody who is obviously such a master of the written word and schooled up on all aspects of matters legal or otherwise............. maybe you should offer your services as a proof reader of the rule book! Instead of playing keyboard warrior / expert on KB.
As I see it the rule book is the guideline from which each club promoter works from so the basic structure remains the same. If you had listened at riders brief (at Ruapuna for instance) im assuming you actually participate? Then the little clarifications such as who is in charge prior to the flag reaching the edge of track.... and who the starter is (he is introduced and usually runs through the start procedure) are all covered very well in the briefing! But it does rely on the riders listening!!!!
If half the people who come on here and bleat on about how it could be done better... or how badly it is being done? Actually contributed to the cause, then people like Billy, and myself who spend countless hours trying to improve things for all would not be getting "totally fucked of with the whole racing scene" and be considering getting out of it because of the shit that gets thrown.
I thought my love of the sport was 'everlasting" but posts like this are a part of the reason I am having serious considerations as to how I spend my time:yawn:

Hahahahaha,

DON'T let the haters get to you mate,Although I must admit,You seem to have more than your fair share of them down there,The work you do and the effort you put in is far and above most peoples effort,The post you were quoting just cements a comment I made earlier that somehow it would be MNZs fault,Its classic gen y stuff where they wont take responsibility for their own inadequacies,What the idiot doesn't realise,Mostly cause he knows half as much as he makes out,Is that the board and the standing rules committee handle the rules following the submission process to ensure they are enforceable and reasonable,No use pointing the finger at this Kiwi,Still its my guess Dave won't bother asking me for a clarification again as he prolly won't understand it LMFAO!!!

Keep up the good work mate,Your better than that.

Dave-
10th September 2013, 20:13

Ok.

I don't have a lot of time but I'd be interested in starting with new rules. In time I could work through the entire rule book? I emailed Billy about the red light rule and it's obscure terminology. I'd like to run for road race commissioner in the next few years and introduce some youth, technology and fresh ideas into the operations of the sport. I've made recommendations to Billy about what could be done to increase efficiency and bring interest to the youth who you're so keen to get involved with the sport. I have many more.

Don't worry about me not knowing who the starter is I can work it out, it's only an example of a very minor thing. But just because a starter is introduced at riders briefing doesn't mean that there could be others. I'm just expressing the importance of proper English in an official document and how an insignificant apostrophe can completely change the meaning of a sentence. I'm by no means perfect, especially when yarning on here.

I really don't mean to offend, I know you guys do a heap of hard work, but it really can be wasted when communication is poor. This is a simple concept that has been well documented the world over, any organisation with poor communication will struggle.

edit: sorry for clogging up your thread Muzzab, I'll email Billy myself from here on. Cheers

Billy
10th September 2013, 20:17
Righto fellas, I think we have moved passed anything to do with the Greymouth Street Races now.

If you have an issue that is not directly related to the event, start a thread and have an informed discussion
there.

For our event I think we have things sorted and that is all I care about at the moment.

I don't want to get up anyones nose so please don't take this post personally.

Cheers
Murray

Yip,

Well said Murray,Unfortunately its one of the joys of using KB for promoting your event,Might I just say in closing,Your club has been exemplary in the handling of your applications this year and one of only 2 clubs to follow the template I set up with all clubs last year,My humblest apologies for the delay with the permit applications but as you guys were the first to apply following the new protocol being set,It took a little longer than we anticipated to get sorted.Hope your meeting goes well.

300weatherby
10th September 2013, 20:20

Geeze Merv,

This is KB, if you take this place that seriously, you are gonna take a beating. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong if you bite when the Troll fairy swings by.

Muzzab
10th September 2013, 20:30
Yip,

Well said Murray,Unfortunately its one of the joys of using KB for promoting your event,Might I just say in closing,Your club has been exemplary in the handling of your applications this year and one of only 2 clubs to follow the template I set up with all clubs last year,My humblest apologies for the delay with the permit applications but as you guys were the first to apply following the new protocol being set,It took a little longer than we anticipated to get sorted.Hope your meeting goes well.

Thanks, you being available to advise on all our recent queries is appreciated too.
Will be good to get this one under our belt and rock on to the 25th one next year.

Muzzab
17th September 2013, 08:11
Good to see entries hitting the bank account, keep it up, remember first in first served :headbang:

cheers
Muzza
Treasurer
GMSR

Muzzab
30th September 2013, 16:49
Good stuff, keep the entries coming, don't forget entries close on the 12th of October if you are still to get one in.

Cheers
Muzza

steve74
4th October 2013, 21:12
One week to go until entries close guys, We have more entries for F3 ,Bears , Pre63 and Post Classics that we had at this time last year. the buckets are a bit low though fellas??

madmartin
5th October 2013, 00:23
Glad it's all go again guys, a fantastic weekend not to be missed. Great racing, the best spectator viewing and the meanest ride to get there. SO looking forward to my annual pilgrimage to the races! Many thanks to all the people that put in all the effort for my entertainment!

unstuck
6th October 2013, 06:17
Many thanks to all the people that put in all the effort for my entertainment!

Here Here, you guys do an awesome job of setting up this event. :first::rockon:

gravediggerNZ
6th October 2013, 09:25
WOW 25th street race next year.I must have gone to the first 20.Its ione of the things i so miss about greymouth,that and the coast rd at my back door.So close and the best road to ride.All coast roads have it all.Greymouth St races rules to~! I love you guys

Muzzab
8th October 2013, 11:54
Last call....entries close on Saturday......we will be going through them Saturday Afternoon and hope to get acceptances out early next week..... rest of organising progressing well.......i'm off to the MotoGP to get in the mood before Labour weekend :2thumbsup

Cheers
Muzza

nsrpaul
8th October 2013, 18:02
moto gp!!

see ya there muzza

Muzzab
8th October 2013, 19:55
moto gp!!

see ya there muzza

Good on ya, I'll be the bloke that looks like Santa, with a kiwi accent, say gidday if you see me.

steve74
9th October 2013, 22:28
You boys better have your bikes ready before ya go off to watch Marquez push someone into the bass strait.

Muzzab
10th October 2013, 07:23
You boys better have your bikes ready before ya go off to watch Marquez push someone into the bass strait.

Hey Steve,

I'll drop mine around to your place on the weekend, give them a clean and put some air in the tyres for me while I'm away.

nsrpaul
10th October 2013, 18:36
I'm all set, I just need to do some work on the rider

Muzzab
14th October 2013, 07:04
Hi All,

Thanks to all who have entered, looks like we will have around 100 riders once we get it finalised.
Works out to fields of:

BEARS 30
F1 18
F Grey 25
F3 29
Motards 27
Pre63 13
Pre82 28
Buckets 17

We are really happy with the fields, acceptances in the post today.

Cheers
Muzza

steve74
14th October 2013, 20:23
Better numbers than i expected Muzza :niceone:

Thats about 10 more riders than last year and ive had 3 requests for late entries since your count above. great to see 13 Pre63 bikes. Roll on labour weekend!!

Muzzab
24th October 2013, 20:57
Three more sleeps, this is more exciting than Christmas. I said after having a ball in the rain last year I wouldn't bother looking at a forecast this year, but did have a peek, I'm picking a damp start to the day and improving as the day goes on, pretty usual Greymouth Street Race weather conditions, bring it on Yee-Ha.....

wharfy
25th October 2013, 14:24
Three more sleeps, this is more exciting than Christmas. I said after having a ball in the rain last year I wouldn't bother looking at a forecast this year, but did have a peek, I'm picking a damp start to the day and improving as the day goes on, pretty usual Greymouth Street Race weather conditions, bring it on Yee-Ha.....

Good luck mate...:)

Muzzab
28th October 2013, 10:56
What a great day, had a bit of everything weather wise, but it was mostly fine.
I only had one wet race, was pleased the hail stones didn't get any bigger when waiting on the dummy grid. A huge thanks to the set-up and take-down crews and all the flaggies, fire and ambulance people, the people manning the entry gates and track crossings and the marshalls, starters and crew in the caravan, stewards and the commentator as well.

Thanks to all the competitors and the spectators who braved the conditions just to get there.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.
It was a bloody good day, roll on next year.

Cheers
Muzza

unstuck
29th October 2013, 13:25
What a great day, had a bit of everything weather wise, but it was mostly fine.
I only had one wet race, was pleased the hail stones didn't get any bigger when waiting on the dummy grid. A huge thanks to the set-up and take-down crews and all the flaggies, fire and ambulance people, the people manning the entry gates and track crossings and the marshalls, starters and crew in the caravan, stewards and the commentator as well.

Thanks to all the competitors and the spectators who braved the conditions just to get there.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.
It was a bloody good day, roll on next year.

Cheers
Muzza

What an awesome day/ weekend. Just got back to Gore an hour ago. Thanks to all concerned for an awesome day of racing. :niceone:
Like you said Muzza, roll on next year.:Punk::Punk:
And the 2 dudes that were doing burnouts in front of the cop shop after the last race.:first::headbang::headbang:

buelltriumph
31st October 2013, 16:40
Any results available anybody??

It was a great day allright. here is a Vid from you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rOPDq9m1OY

:facepalm:

Muzzab
1st November 2013, 07:23
Results attached, not the best way to make the news, but all publicity is good publicity eh.

My vid from the same race. Not as exciting, but you get the idea. The W650 is a bit heavy for a race bike but a hoot to ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DXm9B4Nk4

Muzzab
6th November 2013, 07:11
Lots of pic's here:

http://www.shuttersport.co.nz/galleries/2013-classic-hits-greymouth-street-race-271013

Go the mighty W650.