PDA

View Full Version : Motogpwerks, what I've been up too

motogpwerks Chris
20th August 2013, 11:29
Sorry to the three guys i got emails from over the past two weeks i will respond tomorrow just trying to get back to work after working at Laguna and Indy (where the bike i was working on crashed twice !)
Its summer over here so things are crazy,i try and not do average stuff anymore unless its a friends bike's or kids that need help .Just as it takes to much time up with little $$$.
This summer I have brought four Desmosedici two for collections and one for Expendables 3 and the last Roland desmo tracker (cost over 200k to build) that i now have to completely repair and rebuild to how it should have been (thats all i can say on that subject ) so its safe for my cilent.
We have a classic barber race meet coming up in October so Im off there to race 2-3 bikes (yamamonster,gs750 yoshimura bike,spondon single)depending on the size off the field.
I am build the new cb1100 honda bike for International motorcycle show for Honda ,still don't really know what Im doing but Im sure it will be a Cr type bike or a freddie rep.I have four major jobs on the biggest is I have to build a american motorcycle at some stage to win the world title in jan 2014 so Indian gave me there new engine and Im thinking off building a Board Tracker from alloy with a steam punk theme its not really my thing but its the only way to knock a couple guys off the top off the ladder as such.
I have a bike also a Eddie Lawson (kz1000r) that Im half way through with all alloy bodywork ,20k superbike front end ,works swingarm,works frame and so on .
The other bikes I have in the shop range from Tz250 with a raptor 780 single that i have to prepare,numerious ducks that I've finished or waiting on paint and 2-3 former vintage race bikes that need restoring .
Here is a couple off photos..........

motogpwerks Chris
20th August 2013, 11:40
Just finished up a new production exhaust that i will be selling for the new honda CB1100 all in stainless

BigAl
20th August 2013, 11:57
Nice pipework!

The Reibz
20th August 2013, 14:48
Awesome Chris. Do you bend all your own tubing in a machine or with a hand bender?

Maha
20th August 2013, 15:13
I ♥ The street Fighter :yes:

motogpwerks Chris
21st August 2013, 03:42
I do now,I use to get them bent at my old work but i just brought a computer driven mandrel bender to do some frames for Billy.j so Im using that .
California is hard to do business as most businesses put there own interests first like family/health reasons so its hard to get people to hit a deadline unlike NZ where work comes first as customers are far and few so kiwi's are known to work harder and hit deadlines.So i have to now have every tool that is needed to build a bike or fab a part ....CnC haas is next month
Here is a couple hanging up in the shop....cbx1000,gs1000 and cb900f freddie spencer replica

roogazza
21st August 2013, 07:44
Excellent, enjoy reading your newsy posts.
You have a busy life and work hard by the looks.

DMNTD
21st August 2013, 08:29
Agreed!!

Done anything for a Diavel yet?

imdying
21st August 2013, 11:11
Can I come and live on your garage floor for a couple of weeks?

motogpwerks Chris
21st August 2013, 12:14
Agreed!!

Done anything for a Diavel yet?

Sorry ,Besides bolting on 20k worth off Rizmoa/brembo crap thats it (anyone can do it that ).I do Mapp alot off them Im lucky to have the Factory key that opens the ecu up so i program each cylinder and remove all restrictions...
My wife (american) just went to N.Z for a small break with my kids,the stories about the cost off living were scary .I really don't think i could affordd to live in NZ, over $10 for a wendys combo and $10 for a beer.I really don't understand how you guys do it ,i look at prices that your importers charge then the retailer charges his % ...Wow.
For ex:
My cost on a set off bt016's (new version) $193us, power 3's maybe $10 more that includes free frieght ...On top off that a dist. would pay about 30% off that dealer price.

Also when buying a new bikes say a gsxr1000,most big dealershps charge frieght and setup ....1250 for freight and 1000-1100 for setup ,now the manufacturers don't charge dealerships for this and due to the bike is ready to go inside the box outside fuel and a quick look over by a mexican dude ($8.10 per hour) these costs are passed on to the buyer to make some money from there sales.
But if your credit is good usually its no money down up to 72 months to pay it off or crash it and no interest or 2-3.5% per year .

jasonu
21st August 2013, 13:01
My wife (american) just went to N.Z for a small break with my kids,the stories about the cost off living were scary .I really don't think i could affordd to live in NZ, over $10 for a wendys combo and $10 for a beer.I really don't understand how you guys do it ,

Yep NZ is a huge rip off. I was there earlier this year (for the first time in 5 years) and had exactly the same thoughts.

gammaguy
21st August 2013, 13:52
After trying to run my business and workshop for many years in NZ I gave up and moved to Singapore

Best thing I ever did,my costs halved and I get products delivered to me from most parts of the world in three days

Sadly,NZ is a rip off

yod
21st August 2013, 14:23

+1 - they're seriously farkin cool aye:drool:

DMNTD
21st August 2013, 14:39
Sorry ,Besides bolting on 20k worth off Rizmoa/brembo crap thats it (anyone can do it that ).I do Mapp alot off them Im lucky to have the Factory key that opens the ecu up so i program each cylinder and remove all restrictions...
My wife (american) just went to N.Z for a small break with my kids,the stories about the cost off living were scary .I really don't think i could affordd to live in NZ, over $10 for a wendys combo and $10 for a beer.I really don't understand how you guys do it ,i look at prices that your importers charge then the retailer charges his % ...Wow.
For ex:
My cost on a set off bt016's (new version) $193us, power 3's maybe $10 more that includes free frieght ...On top off that a dist. would pay about 30% off that dealer price.

Also when buying a new bikes say a gsxr1000,most big dealershps charge frieght and setup ....1250 for freight and 1000-1100 for setup ,now the manufacturers don't charge dealerships for this and due to the bike is ready to go inside the box outside fuel and a quick look over by a mexican dude ($8.10 per hour) these costs are passed on to the buyer to make some money from there sales.
But if your credit is good usually its no money down up to 72 months to pay it off or crash it and no interest or 2-3.5% per year .

Know what your saying, have heard plenty on the Ducati and Aprilia forums from guys over that way re bike prices especially...but would still rather live here for various reasons.
Done anything with a Tuono APRC yet?

Maha
21st August 2013, 15:10
+1 - they're seriously farkin cool aye:drool:

Had my eye on one at Haldanes when I was thinking of ''what next after the FZ8'' just a tad to rich for me though price wise, but who knows, in two years time when I need another bike fix etc :shifty:

yod
21st August 2013, 19:43
Had my eye on one at Haldanes when I was thinking of ''what next after the FZ8'' just a tad to rich for me though price wise, but who knows, in two years time when I need another bike fix etc :shifty:

Not too good for 2-up touring I suspect:cool:

Maha
21st August 2013, 19:53
Not too good for 2-up touring I suspect:cool:

Correct, I am talking shit for the very first time :eek:
Lovely as it is, it will not be on the list when the hunt is on again...unfortunately.