PDA

View Full Version : H-D 2014 media release

Big Dave
22nd August 2013, 09:59
Here's some of the 2014 Press Release info:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-FOaGonpdD4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Banditbandit
22nd August 2013, 14:03
Because ??? .. you thought Harley Diddleson might like the publicity ???

Big Dave
22nd August 2013, 14:20
To annoy haters.

Hitcher
22nd August 2013, 20:23
ABS. Do Harleys have brakes?

And they've stopped making the only models that would ever tempt me to an H-D: the V-Rod and the XR.

As for the bluetooth boombox entertainment system with a colour screen and touch-activated panel: is the bluetooth so it can play through the rider's hearing aids?

I thought Harley was supposed to be chasing a "younger" market. Maybe that's now the 60-65 year-olds?

Big Dave
22nd August 2013, 20:35
ABS. Do Harleys have brakes?

And they've stopped making the only models that would ever tempt me to an H-D: the V-Rod and the XR.

As for the bluetooth boombox entertainment system with a colour screen and touch-activated panel: is the bluetooth so it can play through the rider's hearing aids?

I thought Harley was supposed to be chasing a "younger" market. Maybe that's now the 60-65 year-olds?

Yeah - I don't care about the sound systems either. But i do like that Road King Classic in Richie Benaud Beige. A LOT.

And they (Tourers) have had Brembo brakes for several model years now. Two fingers.

The touring bikes are some of the most expensive on the market. They aren't aiming at yoof.

The younger set are targeted with the Sportser and Dyna range.

Big Dave
23rd August 2013, 02:57
Oh dear ...

Thanks for your input. It's much ignored.

wysper
23rd August 2013, 11:31
Generally not a fan of their bigger bikes. I love the sporties though.

Having said that, I might not say no to a Fat Bob or a Breakout. :headbang:

unstuck
23rd August 2013, 11:37
I like that street glide.:2thumbsup Mrs unstuck likes the look of the tri glide.:wacko:

Narrator sounds a little ghey though.:whistle:

Big Dave
23rd August 2013, 14:05
I like that street glide.:2thumbsup Mrs unstuck likes the look of the tri glide.:wacko:

Narrator sounds a little ghey though.:whistle:

The yanks reckon he sounds like Russell Crowe. :laugh:

Tri Glide is cool. The do give a very 'harsh' ride on the back seat if that's where she means. Cause they don't lean into the corner the pillion gets a lot of G-forces. Fun but tiring.
Up front they are real good fun.

Swoop
23rd August 2013, 15:47
"Ultra Limited"?

Does this mean that they make even fewer of that model, to make them more collectible?:scratch:

Big Dave
23rd August 2013, 18:41
Generally not a fan of their bigger bikes. I love the sporties though.

Having said that, I might not say no to a Fat Bob or a Breakout. :headbang:

I like the Street Bob, that's actually my favourite style Harley, I'd consider buying one but I'm just too big for it. Gorilla humping football.

The blacked out Street Bob is pretty nice looking too.

Road King is next favourite.

I really like the look of the '72 too too too too, but I'd need one for each (Gump voice) Butt-tock.

Wayz
23rd August 2013, 22:33
My next HD will be either a wide-glide or Street bob!! To all HD haters out there, try riding one before you knock them....that is all...:angry:

unstuck
24th August 2013, 07:57
My next HD will be either a wide-glide or Street bob!! To all HD haters out there, try riding one before you knock them....that is all...:angry:

Now just wait a cotton pickin minute, knocking them is not the same as hating them. I will knock them forever, but I certainly dont hate them. I would be getting one tomorrow if I could, without robbing a train. But I am still gonna take the piss outta them and the tassle wearing freaks who ride em. No need to go getting all angry and shit, here have a puff on this......:doobey::blip:

Wayz
25th August 2013, 22:05
Now just wait a cotton pickin minute, knocking them is not the same as hating them. I will knock them forever, but I certainly dont hate them. I would be getting one tomorrow if I could, without robbing a train. But I am still gonna take the piss outta them and the tassle wearing freaks who ride em. No need to go getting all angry and shit, here have a puff on this......:doobey::blip:

Wasn't aiming at you but ok....will remember to take the piss out of the next Honda 750 rider I see on the road :laugh::niceone:

Banditbandit
26th August 2013, 09:48

Try catching me when you're riding one and I MIGHT consider it ..

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 10:08
I'd rather catch a cold. :rofl:

unstuck
26th August 2013, 10:20
Wasn't aiming at you but ok....will remember to take the piss out of the next Honda 750 rider I see on the road :laugh::niceone:

Good chap, life too short to not take the piss out of each other.:2thumbsup

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 12:13
Good chap, life too short to not take the piss out of each other.:2thumbsup

Gore isn't exactly high ground in that battle you know.

unstuck
26th August 2013, 12:28
Gore isn't exactly high ground in that battle you know.

Cant argue with you there.:2thumbsup

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 14:05
Cant argue with you there.:2thumbsup

That's not how it works.

You say 'What would you know, you ...... ! You ...... in a ........'

unstuck
26th August 2013, 14:11
Fuckin ozzys, whinge if they win, whinge if they lose. Go and run over some cane toads or summat.:bleh::bleh:

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 14:35
No Cane toads about yet. But I do have balloon tyres on my treadly. :yes:

Flip
26th August 2013, 14:56
I do like the looks of the new Road King Classic............. Um I will have to think about this..........

Banditbandit
26th August 2013, 16:00
I'd rather catch a cold. :rofl:

:killingme: A Harley might catch a cold ... too hard to catch a big In-line Four ...

I'm taking the piss Big Guy - If my wife would let me have a third bike it would probably be the Sportster 72 ... or maybe a 48 ... but I don't like the tractor front wheel on the 48 and the 72 has the narrower front wheel .. tho' I'd probably put flat bars on it ..

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 20:13
I do like the looks of the new Road King Classic............. Um I will have to think about this..........

They seem to rotate the classic in and out of the lineup. The one thing I do like better about the Std RK is the lockable hard bags.
Will be interesting to see if the new Classic's 'one touch' are secure.

skippa1
26th August 2013, 21:22
I'm surprised they're dumping the rods.....I know I'm biased but they have a strong following and they are a great bike

scumdog
26th August 2013, 21:26

Oh, I never realised a race was involved...<_<

MIXONE
27th August 2013, 00:40
That's not how it works.

You say 'What would you know, you ...... ! You ...... in a ........'

J came here for an argument.
No you didn't.
Yes I did...

ellipsis
27th August 2013, 08:31

...I cant help taking the piss myself...even though there are two of them in the shed...alongside the Hondas...

Banditbandit
27th August 2013, 08:54
Oh, I never realised a race was involved...<_<

A race ??? a Harley against a a Jap big in-line four ??? Only a Harley rider would consider it a race ...

Hitcher
27th August 2013, 09:03
The one thing I do like better about the Std RK is the lockable hard bags.

Those would come in very handy in high motorcycle crime areas, like the Wairarapa.

scumdog
27th August 2013, 16:46
Now just wait a cotton pickin minute, knocking them is not the same as hating them. I will knock them forever, but I certainly dont hate them. I would be getting one tomorrow if I could, without robbing a train. But I am still gonna take the piss outta them and the tassle wearing freaks who ride em.

You gettin' at me Willis???:confused:

unstuck
27th August 2013, 17:51
You gettin' at me Willis???:confused:

Took you long enough.:devil2:

Wayz
27th August 2013, 21:42

So your butt bandit would keep up with an XR1200 or Night Rod, or any big block for that matter? Go ride one, you might just like it........:baby:

Banditbandit
28th August 2013, 09:22
So your butt bandit would keep up with an XR1200 or Night Rod, or any big block for that matter? Go ride one, you might just like it........:baby:

My big Bandit frequently goes into the 2 mumble mumble speed range ... (and reaches two mumble mumble in fourth gear .. with two more to go ...) and my small Bandit sees 200 plus (on the speedo) occassionally ... if you think an XR1200 or a Night Rod or any of the big blocks can see 2 mumble mumble on the speedo .. then I might consider one ..

But you didn't read the whole thread did you .. I'd rather have a 72 or a 48 ...

HenryDorsetCase
28th August 2013, 09:51
The younger set are targeted with the Sportser and Dyna range.

Not coincidentally they are the ones that I like.

Do you get the Yammahahahaha Bolt over in Straya? According to Cycle World it out-Sportsters the Sportster (except for the name on the tank). Great platform for a custom build - ask Roland Sands.

HenryDorsetCase
28th August 2013, 09:51
my big bandit frequently goes into the 2 mumble mumble speed range ... (and reaches two mumble mumble in fourth gear .. With two more to go ...) and my small bandit sees 200 plus (on the speedo) occassionally ... If you think an xr1200 or a night rod or any of the big blocks can see 2 mumble mumble on the speedo .. Then i might consider one ..

But you didn't read the whole thread did you .. I'd rather have a 72 or a 48 ...

lawbreaker. You shall be transported to the colonies!!

Banditbandit
28th August 2013, 10:31

See .. this here http://www.ashonbikes.com/node/744 says an XR1200 top speed is 190 klicks .. My big Bandit doesn't even have to be in top gear at that speed ... will do that in fourth and will not be close to the red line ... (butt bandit indeed !!! Are Harley riders so insecure about their own sexuality they have to make such implications ??? Or is that V-Twin the only big throbbing thing between your legs ???) )

Big Dave
28th August 2013, 13:05
Not coincidentally they are the ones that I like.

Do you get the Yammahahahaha Bolt over in Straya?

Don't know. I never get past the Yamaha ADV bikes.

HenryDorsetCase
28th August 2013, 13:08
See .. this here http://www.ashonbikes.com/node/744 says an XR1200 top speed is 190 klicks .. My big Bandit doesn't even have to be in top gear at that speed ... will do that in fourth and will not be close to the red line ... (butt bandit indeed !!! Are Harley riders so insecure about their own sexuality they have to make such implications ??? Or is that V-Twin the only big throbbing thing between your legs ???) )

are we 12? My Dads car is better/faster than your Dad's car because my Dad's car speedo goes up to 180mph, and your dad's car speedo only goes up to 160mph. Thus my Dads car* is faster than your Dads.

*My old man's Suzuki Carry would be lucky to top 100kph I reckon.

Big Dave
28th August 2013, 13:11
Yeah - well I own a KLR 650 and it's slower than a Harley - so there. Nyah.

Banditbandit
28th August 2013, 14:27
are we 12?

:killingme: I play wth stereotypes ... and y'll just come out and do the proper dance ....

I don't need to go fishing .. some good catches here

BIG DOUG
28th August 2013, 18:31
ooh a BANDIT goes over 200k's,always cracks me up when people say there bike will do this speed in a straight line,how f**king hard is that, I've been known to say "does it do that around corners" and get a bemused look.I've seen off a few big jappa's on my xr1200 and most off the time it has been through corners because some moron can only ride there bike in a straight line.

Wayz
28th August 2013, 21:41
:killingme: I play wth stereotypes ... and y'll just come out and do the proper dance ....

I don't need to go fishing .. some good catches here

Haha go ride one....I have a Honda and a Harley, so no insecurity here, I do however get annoyed with with those that kick something they haven't ridden, I don't see how you are entitled to even commenting.....and yeah, the whole "my speedo reads 200, so that makes my bike faster" haha what a joke....earn your stripes mate! And get off the band wagon:baby:

Wayz
28th August 2013, 21:43
ooh a BANDIT goes over 200k's,always cracks me up when people say there bike will do this speed in a straight line,how f**king hard is that, I've been known to say "does it do that around corners" and get a bemused look.I've seen off a few big jappa's on my xr1200 and most off the time it has been through corners because some moron can only ride there bike in a straight line.

So true Big Doug....

Wingnut
29th August 2013, 06:29
Thread ......Slowly morphing into......... dick measuring...........muppit show......... cant stop........... laughing ......:nya:

I think the age old "Harley vs whoever" debate will continue on to another generation yet... Seriously... WHO GIVES A FUCK!:facepalm:

Big Dave... Cheers for the link

ellipsis
29th August 2013, 08:25
Thread ......Slowly morphing into......... dick measuring...........muppit show......... cant stop........... laughing ......:nya:

I think the age old "Harley vs whoever" debate will continue on to another generation yet... Seriously... WHO GIVES A FUCK!:facepalm:

Big Dave... Cheers for the link

...giggling here also...I didn't read any anti HD stuff coming from the Bandit but I'm not sure the HD rider actually read that deeply into the bandits post...I was considering a Bandit to slide in beside our HD's and Hondas, as everyone that has had anything to do with them that I have ever spoken to,can only give good reports of the Bandits handling, mid range and top end...carry on...

Banditbandit
29th August 2013, 10:37

Yeah - it does do more than 200 klicks around corners ... were you the XR1200 I passed on the 'Taka's a while ago???

Banditbandit
29th August 2013, 10:39
...giggling here also...I didn't read any anti HD stuff coming from the Bandit but I'm not sure the HD rider actually read that deeply into the bandits post...I was considering a Bandit to slide in beside our HD's and Hondas, as everyone that has had anything to do with them that I have ever spoken to,can only give good reports of the Bandits handling, mid range and top end...carry on...

Yes ... It's amusing how often I can post a variant of "I got more testosterone than you have" ... and the Harley riders respond with "Bullshit" ... it's amusing but it is getting a little cliched ... you watch .. despite posting this I will bet that the Harley riders will still keep responding - every time I stir the pot they will react ...

Banditbandit
29th August 2013, 12:25
Haha go ride one....I have a Honda and a Harley, so no insecurity here, I do however get annoyed with with those that kick something they haven't ridden, I don't see how you are entitled to even commenting.....and yeah, the whole "my speedo reads 200, so that makes my bike faster" haha what a joke....earn your stripes mate! And get off the band wagon:baby:

1 who says I have never ridden one ???

2 I know how you earn Red Wings and how you earn Black Wings .. and several other smaller jacket patches ... but what do you have to do to earn your "stripes" ???

3 There's a reasonable chance I have been riding bikes (of all types and descriptions) for longer than you have been alive ...

wysper
29th August 2013, 13:11
Yes ... It's amusing how often I can post a variant of "I got more testosterone than you have" ... and the Harley riders respond with "Bullshit" ... it's amusing but it is getting a little cliched ... you watch .. despite posting this I will bet that the Harley riders will still keep responding - every time I stir the pot they will react ...

If your pot has coffee in, count me in.

wysper
29th August 2013, 13:14
but what do you have to do to earn your "stripes" ???

no, no, no, no.... not stripes - swipes... we earn our swipes by buying all the cool bolt ons to make our Harleys that much heavier.. therefore punch through the air more easily and OBVIOUSLY making them much faster. :laugh:

My sporty ain't quick, but I love it.

(DOH! should have multi quoted - sorry Bandit)

Flip
29th August 2013, 13:44
no, no, no, no.... not stripes - swipes... we earn our swipes by buying all the cool bolt ons to make our Harleys that much heavier.. therefore punch through the air more easily and OBVIOUSLY making them much faster. :laugh:

My sporty ain't quick, but I love it.

(DOH! should have multi quoted - sorry Bandit)

I believe many jap bike riders feel so terrible about the brand of bike they ride they try to spread around their grief, "Missery loves company". Or in most cases cheap disposable bikes for cheap disposeable riders.

yod
29th August 2013, 13:52
I believe many jap bike riders feel so terrible about the brand of bike they ride they try to spread around their grief, "Missery loves company". Or in most cases cheap disposable bikes for cheap disposeable riders.

oh grow up

:facepalm:

Banditbandit
29th August 2013, 14:20

I am in two minds about your post - I am strongly tempted to fall about laughing ... or ... Naaa .. I think I'll just fall about laughing ...

Crasherfromwayback
29th August 2013, 16:31

I'd give it a go!

Crasherfromwayback
29th August 2013, 16:33
I'm surprised they're dumping the rods.....I know I'm biased but they have a strong following and they are a great bike

Only here, Aust and Brazil of all places. Think from memory they're only summat like 1.5% of total sales.

yod
29th August 2013, 16:41
Only here, Aust and Brazil of all places. Think from memory they're only summat like 1.5% of total sales.

I read somewhere they've been largely rejected as they aren't 'true' Harleys (water-cooled, multi-valve, etc) :weird:

Crasherfromwayback
29th August 2013, 16:43
I read somewhere they've been largely rejected as they aren't 'true' Harleys (water-cooled, multi-valve, etc) :weird:

Yeah I'm not happy about it don't worry. I sell quite a few, so to loose them sucks. As it did to loose Buells and XR1200's! Grrrrrr.

yod
29th August 2013, 18:00
Yeah I'm not happy about it don't worry. I sell quite a few, so to loose them sucks. As it did to loose Buells and XR1200's! Grrrrrr.

It's the one and only Harley I actually do quite like....

munster
29th August 2013, 18:04
Man, why all the haters on here. I don't own a Harley, possibly likely I never will as my heart is set on a Triumph Thunderbird Storm as my next bike, but I still love seeing the new models and any info on any bike releases.

I'll never race a bike either, but I can't get enough of watching Isle of Man stuff.

Big Dave
29th August 2013, 19:53
Triumph Thunderbird Storm.

I could live with one of them real easy.

And thank you.

You know all it was? I wanted to see how well/easily Apple 'Motion' software would present typed data. It's a complicated interface, but to see if I can do 'Powerpoint' in video for a gig. I can.

That H-D supplied some stunning images and pre-fab text - that some will find interesting - was a bonus. Always looking for new ways to publish stuff.

I do dig that Road King too.....

Wayz
29th August 2013, 22:30
I have looked at a speed triple also, and a victory vegas also.....hmm might need to win lotto I think

Owl
30th August 2013, 07:41
I have looked at a speed triple also

Best thing you've said.:bleh:

Banditbandit
30th August 2013, 08:57
Man, why all the haters on here.

Who says there are haters here ??? Only Harley riders asssumed that ... Where did anyone make negative comments about Harleys ???

I had a joke with Big Al ... and said I would like a 48 or a 72 ... and suddenly Harley riders drop on me ... I'm amused ... but I certainly don't hate Harleys ...

Crasherfromwayback
30th August 2013, 09:00
and said I would like a 48 or a 72 ... ...

I can certainly help you scratch that itch. $1500.00 off 12 hundies at the moment too mate.

Banditbandit
30th August 2013, 09:04
Love to mate ... I've sat in your shop and drooled over the 48s ... and then they made the 72s ... the wife says I can have one, but only if I sell something I currently ride

I told her I had 10 bikes in the shed when I met her ... now I have only two ... so what's her problem???

I suppose I'd better keep the peace at home ... I've chosen bikes over women in the past - but this current one I'm not sure I want to make a choice ...

And I still enjoy both my bikes .. maybe when I get over the urge for speed I will buy one ... but with the big Six-O looming over the horizon and 40 years of riding bikes I still get the urge to twist the throttle on a regular basis ... and bandits have more twist than I can realistically handle.

scumdog
30th August 2013, 19:01
... but with the big Six-O looming over the horizon and 40 years of riding bikes I still get the urge to twist the throttle on a regular basis ... and bandits have more twist than I can realistically handle.

Well said!:niceone:

skippa1
30th August 2013, 20:11
It's the one and only Harley I actually do quite like....
Just thrashed mine over 1500kms in three days, the rods are the bomb, I love mine and would buy another in a heart beat......the best Harley around IMHO

awa355
18th October 2013, 14:02
Here's some of the 2014 Press Release info:

Here's another Harley press release.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=11141687

scumdog
18th October 2013, 14:50
He's another Harley press release.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=11141687

There's a lot more detail on what models are affected on other media sites.

Good old Harold - slim on facts as usual...<_<

Big Dave
22nd October 2013, 16:35
There's a lot more detail on what models are affected on other media sites.

Good old Harold - slim on facts as usual...<_<

The recalls affect Touring motorcycles including models FLHTCU, FLHTK, FLHX, FLHTKSE, FLHRSE and SoftailŽ CVOs and Trikes, models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 14, 2013.

carbonhed
23rd October 2013, 08:44
The recalls affect Touring motorcycles including models FLHTCU, FLHTK, FLHX, FLHTKSE, FLHRSE and SoftailŽ CVOs and Trikes, models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 14, 2013.

You're just making those fucking names up now aren't you?

Big Dave
23rd October 2013, 09:39
You couldn't make that stuff up.