PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to borrow - Infrared temp gauge or similar

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 17:29
Looking for anyone in the Dunedin area that has one of those infrared temp gauges or similar to get a temperatre reading from a short distance..

Just need it for a few minutes at work tomorrow, will pick up and drop off - even buy you a beer.

Flip
22nd August 2013, 17:55
Optical Pyrometer.

I have one in Oamaru you can borrow.

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 18:04
Optical Pyrometer.

I have one in Oamaru you can borrow.

Thanks for the offer flip - bit far of a drive to pinch for a couple of minutes, but many thanks :) just need it for a car at work before we go spending more hours on it.

haydes55
22nd August 2013, 18:05
I've got a infrared temp gun in hamilton :/

Ask the local HRV guys, all their vans should have them.

DrunkenMistake
22nd August 2013, 18:06
Thanks for the offer flip - bit far of a drive to pinch for a couple of minutes, but many thanks :) just need it for a car at work before we go spending more hours on it.

Take the blade... trip made worth while?

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 18:09
Take the blade... trip made worth while?

haha nah - some of us have to work..

its for work/customers car anyway.. not really my problem just trying to be helpful. Company can buy their own one or pay me hourly to pull the rest of the ventilation setup apart to be able to touch heater core with my hand

DrunkenMistake
22nd August 2013, 18:11
Im pretty sure .. Truck stops might have one... I can't remember they might be swayed by a box of piss

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 18:13
Im pretty sure .. Truck stops might have one... I can't remember they might be swayed by a box of piss

who or where are they? you can buy your own unit for about the same as a box of piss haha.. 1 beer is on offer..

Another question to add to my OP is - does anyone know of a local shop in Dunedin central that sells these? can prob just send someone to go buy one for the workshop during the day tomorrow.. I'm on trademe atm but nothing in Dunedin listed..

not sure how to search for shops who would sell such a thing..

DrunkenMistake
22nd August 2013, 18:14
who or where are they?

Another question to add to my OP is - does anyone know of a local shop in Dunedin central that sells these? can prob just send someone to go buy one for the workshop during the day tomorrow.. I'm on trademe atm but nothing in Dunedin listed..

we might sell them for ridiculous amounts of money haha, Truck stops is next door to us.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure one of the Truck places in Town have one

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 18:23
we might sell them for ridiculous amounts of money haha, Truck stops is next door to us.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure one of the Truck places in Town have one

chur, don't think I'll spend my time ringing everyone in town tho ;)

work can buy one or figure it out themselves.

suprised no one has one in the tool box tho - everyone at the track has one or two haha. I think I'll buy one on tradies now for next time its needed, they are cheap as shit

DrunkenMistake
22nd August 2013, 18:26
All else fails I know countdown have one hahaha

Fast Eddie
22nd August 2013, 18:36
I dunno.. borrowing a tool from a supermarket, feels wierd.

badlieutenant
22nd August 2013, 21:51
I got one of these (similar at least) worked sweet for last 5 years or so. Used it for everything from playing with the cat with the lazer (bettery hasnt been replaced yet) to cpu and engine temp monitoring it was also handy to sus out a regulator rectifier that was failing thermally (worked until it went beyond a certain temp)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/electrical-equipment/gauges-meters/auction-629629635.htm edit this ones in chch

buggerit
23rd August 2013, 13:17
Repco have them:2thumbsup

BuzzardNZ
23rd August 2013, 14:21
playing with the cat with the lazer

Should I ring the SPCA ? ;)

badlieutenant
23rd August 2013, 15:33
Should I ring the SPCA ? ;)
hehe, excessive feline behavioral enrichment device abuse :D

St_Gabriel
23rd August 2013, 18:38
playing with the cat with the lazer

Dont know what I want more now, either that or "sharks with frickin lasers"

badlieutenant
24th August 2013, 00:07
Dont know what I want more now, either that or "sharks with frickin lasers"
Jesus man I dont arm a cat with a lazer, thats just asking for trouble :D

RDjase
24th August 2013, 08:19
who or where are they? you can buy your own unit for about the same as a box of piss haha.. 1 beer is on offer..

I got one from Jaycar, use it for tyre temps etc. Was about $120

Have got a small one at work, bit bigger than a match box, was $20 to $30 at BnT, it doesn't have a laser pointer tho, seems to work ok at close range, bit hard to aim at a distance

Flip
26th August 2013, 14:16
So did you find one locally?