PDA

View Full Version : motomail?

Indiana_Jones
13th January 2004, 21:21
How da Hell do I get into the motomail site, all I get is this:

***This site requires that you have cookies turned on.

If you are using Internet Explorer 6 please check that the privacy option for this site is set no higher than 'Medium High'.

Here at motomail we have a strict policy regarding cookies and your privacy:

no personal information is stored in the cookie
the cookie expires after one day
motomail does not share its data with other companies
we do not track visitor browsing patterns using cookies

Before entering the site please enable cookies on your browser.

Continue***

I do what it says and it still don't work :brick:

James Deuce
13th January 2004, 21:41
Clear you browser cache.

Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet options, then click the Delete Cookies button. You'll have to log back into sites again that require it.

Close IE.

Open IE.

Go through the list above and this time click the Delete Files option. Click the delete all offline files check box and click OK.

Close IE

Open IE.

It should work now.

Things will be a bit slow until it caches stuff you visit regularly.

Jim2

Indiana_Jones
13th January 2004, 22:39
I don't see a delete cookies button, ah screw it, don't worry all the stuff on there probbaly cost too much for my little highschool ass :mobile:

-Indy

Antallica
14th January 2004, 06:56
Speaking of motomail, I emailed them weeks ago about some Pirelli's but no reply.

Slack0r!!

Motu
14th January 2004, 06:58
I rang them a few weeks ago - what's your number?,we'll get right back to you.....not a peep.

Firefight
14th January 2004, 07:05
There too bloody dear any way, who can afford to shop there ?? :no:

firefight. :weep:

jrandom
14th January 2004, 07:07
Speaking of motomail, I emailed them weeks ago about some Pirelli's but no reply.

Slack0r!!

Yeah, their tyre guy seems to be a little out of touch these days. Now that Cycletreads is a parking lot, give Leading Edge a call, they should be able to get stuff in and forward it up to you.

Heh... couple of weeks ago on a Thursday night one of the guys at LE was doing rolling burnouts up and down the footpath out the front, sitting on the tank with his legs over the handlebars. It *must* be a good tyre shop :2thumbsup

Hitcher
14th January 2004, 07:42
Motomail is a good example of a "how not to" e-commerce site. The people who built this site obviously never shop online (a problem with many e-commerce sites). A bit like motel owners who've never stayed in a motel or lunch bar proprietors who've never bought lunch...
:bash:

Motoracer
14th January 2004, 08:01
There too bloody dear any way, who can afford to shop there ?? :no:

firefight. :weep:

You have to wait for their big sale. I got most of my stuff from their anual sale. But normaly they are quite expensive.

georgedubyabush
14th January 2004, 11:53
Is there an ETA for their catalogue? didnt someone say November last year? Or are they just not sending them to me again.

jrandom
14th January 2004, 12:19
Is there an ETA for their catalogue? didnt someone say November last year?

*They* said September last year. I was in there a couple weeks ago, the guy behind the counter said the new catalogues should finally be sent out sometime Jan. Am not holding breath.

Hitcher
14th January 2004, 13:07
As for their so-called tyre finder -- they might as well take it off it's so useless. The best online tyre finder I've found is on the Dunlop UK website.
:mellow: