PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Thunderbird Project

Voltaire
25th August 2013, 12:42
I'm moving house soon and I'm over carting projects around.
Was saving this till I retire but the way things are going that might be 20 years away....
So join the 84 penniless watchers on TM :rolleyes:
according to the guy at the Vintage Car Club who do motorcycle Vinning , it should not be an issue getting it registered.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=629929627

Kickaha
25th August 2013, 12:48
I'm moving house soon
Are you getting a bigger garage?

Voltaire
25th August 2013, 13:17
Are you getting a bigger garage?

This is Auckland we're talking about, if its big enough to put a garage on its called " landbanking" or " may be sub dividable "

there are no garages now, just " sleepouts" so 3 families can chip in and buy a house.

Paul in NZ
25th August 2013, 15:00
Ha - is that yours? Its got some potential and priced reasonably... Should sell easy I'd of thought.

Whats up with the crankcases? Have they been chromed or something???

Voltaire
25th August 2013, 15:07
yes, they went chrome mad.
It has got a lot of potential, all the hard to find bits have been found and you can get all the trim parts from the UK.
Like my Brando pic?:msn-wink:

Motu
25th August 2013, 17:52
The SU carb is pretty rare - I searched for years but never found a complete one, lots of parts, but not enough to build one up. I used to use the manifold, and slot the flange of an HS2 off a Mini or other BMC. Got to have that hole in the seat tube for an SU. That looks like a competition mag too with the red screw on pickups - standard mag has black pickups held on by a spring blade.

Voltaire
25th August 2013, 18:26
The SU carb is pretty rare - I searched for years but never found a complete one, lots of parts, but not enough to build one up. I used to use the manifold, and slot the flange of an HS2 off a Mini or other BMC. Got to have that hole in the seat tube for an SU. That looks like a competition mag too with the red screw on pickups - standard mag has black pickups held on by a spring blade.

I was at a swap meet and picked it up, another guy " Banana Box' man said " do you know that is" "yup".....

I knew because I bought a car one and found they are not the same.

has hold in frame, mag is chromed so should go fast.

94 watchers.

Motu
25th August 2013, 19:26
I had a body, a dashpot, a piston and float chamber...almost enough, but it's all the other stuff that's needed to make a carb.

Voltaire
25th August 2013, 22:12
Looks like its sold, to the guy who rang me.:2thumbsup
Looks like I'll never experience the superior handling of the sprung hub and flexi Triumph forks....