PDA

View Full Version : Moaning Wallabies

Mo NZ
26th August 2013, 07:28
Wallabies not happy. I don't know if you saw the last A.B.s Wallabies game. And the after-match interview with the Wallaby coach and captain.
I thought they were both going to burst onto tears, pass the tissues. :baby:
The guts of it is they thought they had done enough to win but were denied.

I thought they played ok for the first 20 and had a small chance.
We gifted then about 20 odd points.

After that they were all at sea with no really plan with aimless kicking and giving us the ball back. :niceone::first: Then they moan. Jeez.

Here is the clip
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11114245

Just my thoughts. Anybody else see it that way. :baby:

scissorhands
26th August 2013, 07:53
They could have won as they had a lot of possession, and were camped on our line quite a few times.
A lack of finishing skills, due to poor self belief by their possible try scorers, who coffed under strong NZ defence

Self image psychology wise, these possible OZ try scorers lacked a minds vision of themselves touching down. Bit like not fully believing in yourself

They have a negative monkey on their back is all, I'm sure they have/are struggling with it, but now choose to transfer blame, possibly due to Deans aftershocks reverberating in their tiny Ozzy brains:crazy: after all, they have a reputation of being such good sports

unstuck
26th August 2013, 08:31
:cry::cry: :killingme:killingme

MisterD
26th August 2013, 08:32
They could have won...

If they hadn't been utterly destroyed in the scrum. It's hard for the single-digit wearers to charge about in the loose when they're working hard and going backwards at scrum time.

Forwards decide who wins, backs decide by how much. It's a cliche because it's true.

Crasherfromwayback
26th August 2013, 08:40
Forwards decide who wins, backs decide by how much. It's a cliche because it's true.

Wot e says.

oldrider
26th August 2013, 09:04
You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear ... Deans tried .... Australia thought "they" could do better ... didn't work either ... "SOWS EAR" confirmed! :whistle:

MisterD
26th August 2013, 10:16
Mind you, changing sport for a moment, credit to Michael Clarke for his declaration which risked losing for the chance to bowl England out. A risk that Ponting would never have taken in a million years.

Mo NZ
26th August 2013, 10:26
Mind you, changing sport for a moment, credit to Michael Clarke for his declaration which risked losing for the chance to bowl England out. A risk that Ponting would never have taken in a million years.

Please don't hijack this thread. Start your own.

ellipsis
26th August 2013, 10:29
If they hadn't been utterly destroyed in the scrum. It's hard for the single-digit wearers to charge about in the loose when they're working hard and going backwards at scrum time.

...wot he says...although their game makers falling over under pressure and booting away their possession when they had ball in hand was hard to fathom...and Quade did get one pass away...one...

Ulsterkiwi
26th August 2013, 10:43
The irony of Horwill moaning about cynical professional fouls was thick as.
Its a pro game with lots at stake and every one of those players will break the laws and do stupid stuff. The only thing that separates them is not who does it most but who gets caught most.

Its a pom trait to talk yourself up to the media and then moan to same media when the talking up does not translate to deeds on the field, one the Aussies are doing more and more. Its a shame, they have some terrific talent at their disposal, you have to wonder when the management side of things is going to pull it all together.

Mo NZ
26th August 2013, 10:51
I think some of the old school Wallabies ( who DO have some cred ) may have something to say about the latest team and excuses.

MisterD
26th August 2013, 11:26
Please don't hijack this thread. Start your own.

Snot a hijack, it's a tangent. :motu:

Oscar
26th August 2013, 11:45
Its a pro game with lots at stake and every one of those players will break the laws and do stupid stuff. The only thing that separates them is not who does it most but who gets caught most.

Its a pom trait to talk yourself up to the media and then moan to same media when the talking up does not translate to deeds on the field, one the Aussies are doing more and more. Its a shame, they have some terrific talent at their disposal, you have to wonder when the management side of things is going to pull it all together.

The Aussie loose forwards were off side so much, they should have been made to wear black.
It's always seemed funny to me that the Aussies always crap on about "whinging poms", whan they are constantly whining about other sides cheating. The Stuart Baird thing is a classic example - the biggest cheats in World Cricket complaining about a guy waiting for the umpires decision.

Hoon
26th August 2013, 11:56

Yep I agree giving away penalties to stop tries is standard practice. Distinguishing between a penalty and a professional foul is entirely up to the ref. Players need to know the ref and understand what they can get away with otherwise they get pinged. This is just another aspect of the professional game and as with any skill, some players are better than others.

In amateur rugby players get yellow/red carded all the time but in professional rugby where viewer satisfaction dictates success you find that this is discouraged and as a result exploited by players.

However this is catered to by the rules through penalties. Usually if an inferior team tried to kill tries as above they would still lose the game through repeat penalties. The problem the Wallabies have is that their try scoring opportunities are extremely few and far between because they suck so this consolation is still no match for the onslaught of AB points.

I love seeing the Wallabies being destroyed but I'd still prefer seeing a great Wallaby team being destroyed.

Crasherfromwayback
26th August 2013, 12:02
The Aussie loose forwards were off side so much, they should have been made to wear black.

Yeah I was cursing and swearing all night at my TV over the state of them.

Oscar
26th August 2013, 12:17
Yeah I was cursing and swearing all night at my TV over the state of them.

Not only off side, but crashing through the breakdown and holding back players on the wrong side of the ruck.
Then they whinge like Casey Stoner...

...sorry, i couldn't resist:yes:

Crasherfromwayback
26th August 2013, 12:25
:

Bloody Aussies!

Mo NZ
26th August 2013, 12:25
Not only off side, but crashing through the breakdown and holding back players on the wrong side of the ruck.

:

They were always bad for that. In later years they do it all the time, and mostly don't get pinged. I wonder if Robbie thought
- well if we get away with of most of the time....... Gotta beat those buggers somehow.

scissorhands
26th August 2013, 15:06
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSbEbCfIgAAghWs.jpg

yod
26th August 2013, 15:11

This.

The Boks and Argies packs are already sharpening their knives for the Aussie scrum...

Indiana_Jones
26th August 2013, 16:15
"Prime Minister Helen Clark said All Blacks supporters should not blame the ref for the defeat to France at the weekend."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10873883

-Indy

yod
26th August 2013, 16:19
"Prime Minister Helen Clark said All Blacks supporters should not blame the ref for the defeat to France at the weekend."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10873883

-Indy

I never blamed the ref

it was the touchie who should've seen the blatently forward pass the dirty fucking french fucker that scored that fucking try that fucking fuck fucking fuckfuckfuck fucking FUUUCKK!!!!

sorry, sorry, sorry.....breeeeathe......

Road kill
26th August 2013, 16:35
I thought it was a great game.

Flogged the thieves again:killingme

Oscar
26th August 2013, 16:48
I never blamed the ref

it was the touchie who should've seen the blatently forward pass the dirty fucking french fucker that scored that fucking try that fucking fuck fucking fuckfuckfuck fucking FUUUCKK!!!!

sorry, sorry, sorry.....breeeeathe......

And suddenly, when it's Waikato throwing a teeny, tiny forward pass - the FUCKING touchie sees it!
And the fucking motherless fucking third official actually sees it too.....FUCK!

Big Dave
26th August 2013, 22:09
You may never see a competitive Wallabies again.

AFL is winning the code wars. Grassroots to the big $.

eelracing
27th August 2013, 00:36
You may never see a competitive Wallabies again.

AFL is winning the code wars. Grassroots to the big $.

C'mon you of all people know sport is cyclical,afterall the Aussie cricket teams going through the exact same thing now.
As for AFL it will always be an Australian only sport it's never going to have the kudo's of a world cup.

It's a bit like the yanks calling their baseball a world series:killingme
Or to put it in ocker speak...fancying your own sister.

Mo NZ
27th August 2013, 06:42
I would like to see the ABs attempt to play to the rules and not push the pawn with infringing too much and watch the Argies and the Boks get blasted off the park for their usual Skulduggery. And Ma'a, loose those shoulder charges man, you should be having a holiday, getting a bit sick of that , and seemingly lazy play with only the odd having a real go during an entire match. We seem to be a bit short of younger centres getting noticed and given a run. Smith is still playing really well but will he last for the next RWC.

Woodman
27th August 2013, 06:51
I would like to see the ABs attempt to play to the rules and not push the pawn with infringing too much and watch the Argies and the Boks get blasted off the park for their usual Skulduggery. And Ma'a, loose those shoulder charges man, you should be having a holiday, getting a bit sick of that , and seemingly lazy play with only the odd having a real go during an entire match. We seem to be a bit short of younger centres getting noticed and given a run. Smith is still playing really well but will he last for the next RWC.

Benji Marshall.........

Gonna be interesting.

MisterD
27th August 2013, 11:32
And Ma'a, loose those shoulder charges man, you should be having a holiday,

He should be heading in the opposite direction to Benji

Crasherfromwayback
27th August 2013, 11:37
He should be heading in the opposite direction to Benji

I reckon. The whole no arms thing is fucking dangerous though man.

Oscar
27th August 2013, 11:43
I reckon. The whole no arms thing is fucking dangerous though man.

I see there was a broken jaw in last nights NRL game from a shoulder charge.

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 12:23
What I should know!! Without googling I can only name two members of the current Wallabies - and one of those is a convert.

But I know based on empirical measures (if you can call Wikipedia that) like participation rates, comparing attendances between codes and player payments - all indicate that elite athletes are more likely to play AFL than they been have historically. That's the trend.

The concern over repeated concussion injury also is having an effect on the Rugby codes participation rates.
More so with League, but as it always has done, Soccer has many more participants - but AFL is gaining.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/95553f4ed9b60a374a2568030012e707/2d0179a15287f5bfca2574e400117321/Body/0.1582!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif
(Bureau of Stats)

The Reds are the only team in the Top 20 list of average attendances across all codes. The top 10 are all AFL.

Anecdotally, I know there is a cultural shift. Even here in Brisbane - League and Union territory, the kids down at my local park are kicking a Sherrin (AFL football) after school, partly because the game has become national and the AFL media and marketing is so far ahead of the other codes in quality and coverage (Fox Footy won the ASTRA award for 'best channel') that it's changed the culture of sport in quite a short time. The big stars are AFL players.

Kudos of a World Cup! UK comic Jimmy Carr summed it up. 'I was interested in the Rugby World Cup - till I found out there are really only 8 teams in it and 4 of them are us.'
Our 'World Series' tag is reserved for the Cricket - which ironically has even less countries participating.

Go Carlton.

ellipsis
27th August 2013, 12:41
...in Melbourne recently and talking to some similar aged headbangers to me after the Black Sabbath gig...conversation drifted to where I lived and our Feb earthquakes...two of them were aware of the damage and shit we put up with, the other two looked blank and then realised that there was a couple of huge AFL games on at that time so that would account for them hearing nothing about them...I've always known AFL was big but had no idea how big 'til I went to Melbourne...

Oscar
27th August 2013, 12:45
It's good that the Aussies are so good at a game no one else plays, as they're currently crap at games where they have to compete with other countries...<_<

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 13:37
as they're currently crap at games where they have to compete with other countries...<_<

Cricket? That has changed in a short time too.

Where not so long ago it was the forge of the national squad, there are more WAGS than spectators at a State game these days.

And there has been a scattering of the talent pool. T20 pros and the 'Big Bash League' is now the most popular form.

MisterD
27th August 2013, 15:47
Anecdotally, I know there is a cultural shift. Even here in Brisbane - League and Union territory, the kids down at my local park are kicking a Sherrin (AFL football) after school,

They seem to have the development side of things sussed pretty well too, MasterD had a term's worth of weekly after school AFL sessions run (guessing by the yellow and brown hat and bag he's got) by Hawthorn reps earlier this year.

He was quite excited about it until his soccer season started.

I do like the minimal referee intervention, but it really is a completely useless code on TV.

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 16:03
They seem to have the development side of things sussed pretty well too, MasterD had a term's worth of weekly after school AFL sessions run (guessing by the yellow and brown hat and bag he's got) by Hawthorn reps earlier this year.

He was quite excited about it until his soccer season started.

I do like the minimal referee intervention, but it really is a completely useless code on TV.

They are not that fussed about the sidelines either.

It's OK if you know the rulez - but the games too long, agree.
Ratings and club memberships don't necessarily agree though.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/11/27/1226525/239527-121128-s-what-people-are-watching.jpg

MisterD
27th August 2013, 16:21
It's OK if you know the rulez - but the games too long, agree.
Ratings and club memberships don't necessarily agree though.

I wasn't meaning the game's too long, more that the pitch is so big and so much happens away from the ball that cameras can't hope to cover it.

The strength of AFL and League in Aussie, versus SuperHowmanyisitnow?, is that what people want to watch is local rivalries. St Kilda vs Geelong or Rabbitohs vs Roosters on a Saturday afternoon or Reds vs Bulls from South Africa at some weird time in the morning?

I am, and will always be, a rugby head. There's no other sport that has a position for the big fat bloke and the small quick one and situations in the game where either could have a massively unfair advantage over the other...I could bang on endlessly about how fantastic the game is in spite of the efforts of lawmakers to strangle it with its own guts, but even I'm bored of SuperH. Love the ITM cup though: Hawkes Bay vs BoP...proper rivalries people care about.

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 17:22
Works fine on TV. They follow individual players with a GPS and put a dedicated tracking camera on the high profile players. With dozens of camera angles around the circle. It's more of an issue at the ground than the broadcast.
They have even offered different commentary options on some games. 'Press the red button if you want biased commentary for your team'.

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 17:32
The strength of AFL and League in Aussie, ---- Rabbitohs vs Roosters on a Saturday afternoon

Rugby league shot itself in that foot when News Limited bought it, merged several of the clubs and started calling the game 'our product and its consumers'.
A career in one jersey is a rarity.

BoristheBiter
27th August 2013, 17:43
...sorry, i couldn't resist:yes:

Seeing you started it, Have you seen how friendly everyone seems without that whinny little arse there?

Oscar
27th August 2013, 18:31
Seeing you started it, Have you seen how friendly everyone seems without that whinny little arse there?

I have several mates who work at MotoGP, and none of them are missing him.

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 18:46
Go Casey - you little champion.

At least he is one of ours. I don't get how you guys can barrack for an Italian in a competition that is run on Nationalist lines. Flags, Anthems etc etc.

If there isn't an Aussie (or after living there so long - a Kiwi) in the field, I'm not interested.

Oscar
27th August 2013, 19:02

At least he is one of ours. I don't get how you guys can barrack for an Italian in a competition that is run on Nationalist lines. Flags, Anthems etc etc.

If there isn't an Aussie (or after living there so long - a Kiwi) in the field, I'm not interested.

Jeez, you must watch a lot of golf...

Mo NZ
27th August 2013, 19:24
:killingme:lol:

Big Dave
27th August 2013, 19:55

There is a 24/7 AFL Channel.

BoristheBiter
27th August 2013, 20:01

Actually I barrack for a brit, in both GP and Moto2.

MisterD
28th August 2013, 08:24
Actually I barrack for a brit, in both GP and Moto2.

There's a Brit riding in it? I haven't bothered with bike racing since Foggy retired...

Crasherfromwayback
28th August 2013, 10:29

I have several mates who work at MotoGP, and none of them are missing him.

Yeah but the sport is far less spectactular without him. Mind you...Stoner and Lorenzo were pretty always pretty matey. And Stoner Spies. Maybe that's why Spies is going so badly eh? Missing his wee mate.

BoristheBiter
28th August 2013, 12:33
Yeah but the sport is far less spectactular without him. Mind you...Stoner and Lorenzo were pretty always pretty matey. And Stoner Spies. Maybe that's why Spies is going so badly eh? Missing his wee mate.

I don't know, it has been pretty good so far and the year stoner won he just rode away from them and his last year he was pretty boring to watch as he could get the bike to work for him.

Crasherfromwayback
28th August 2013, 12:36
I don't know, it has been pretty good so far and the year stone won he just rode away from them and his last year he was pretty boring to watch as he could get the bike to work for him.

Been an awesome season mate! Guess we see different things. Some of Stoners lines and passing moves are some of the best I've ever seen. Hence the massive admiration for his skills. I just think this year would been even better had he still been here. But the way MM is going...think he may even have been too much for him. Pity we'll prob never find out I reckon.

BoristheBiter
28th August 2013, 14:38
Been an awesome season mate! Guess we see different things. Some of Stoners lines and passing moves are some of the best I've ever seen. Hence the massive admiration for his skills. I just think this year would been even better had he still been here. But the way MM is going...think he may even have been too much for him. Pity we'll prob never find out I reckon.

It has that, in all three divisions.
Don't get me wrong I thought he was a great rider just to much of the Aussie " blame everyone else when I didn't win" in him.
I mean who drops their bike on the first lap and blames the wind?
But at least he got the Duc to preform.

I reckon he will be back, still testing for Honda so I reckon he might come back, and you never know as Suzuki will be looking for riders in '15.