PDA

View Full Version : Great helmet selection: Thanks TSS!

Hitcher
26th August 2013, 11:00
A disadvantage of having a larger skull (65cm or 3XL) is that helmets are hard to get. Choice is largely non-existent at that end of the bell curve.

Only two manufacturers (HJC and Shoei) are interested in making full face helmets this size, but in a limited range of models, in any colour or pattern one desires, as long as that's black.

Bike shops in New Zealand don't generally carry these larger sizes in stock but are happy to order them from the distributors, as and when needed.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into TSS on Sunday to order a new helmet to find that they had in stock a 3XL Shoei XR1100 and not only an HJC CL-SP in a 3XL but also a 4XL!

Brilliant!

So out the door I walked with a new helmet under my arm. The HJC, as it turns out. Despite the ratchet clasp, I preferred the fit.

Thanks Andrew at TSS.

Morcs
26th August 2013, 11:35
Nice. Yeah I always keep a 3XL XR1100 on the shelf, and we suprisingly sell quite a lot of them.
Colour choice is Black or Black however :rolleyes:

Oakie
26th August 2013, 20:17
A disadvantage of having a larger skull (65cm or 3XL) is that helmets are hard to get. Choice is largely non-existent at that end of the bell curve.

I wonder if Bell make helmets for the bell curve?

Drew
26th August 2013, 20:24
I wonder if Bell make helmets for the bell curve?

Who told you my bell helmet was curved?!!!

JimmyC
27th August 2013, 14:21
Andrew is excellent. I happily bought my X-Lite from him after he brought in 5 other helmets for me to try. He helped me re-attach a bar end after I got too close to a tree one sunday afternoon, and waived a re-stock fee on a gear shifter I had to return without the packaging, due to it being the wrong size.

Str8 Jacket
27th August 2013, 14:45
Love, love, love the customer service at TSS!