PDA

View Full Version : dam bike shops...

mud boy
23rd August 2005, 19:37
you may remember , that last week dad (ajturbo) took my new bike (DT175) to the bike shop to get it going...... wellllllll

I'M STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it needed a new kick start leaver..... got that :clap:

it needed a new CDI unit ( what the hell is a CDI and what does CDI mean, and what does it do?? i have asked dad :rofl: he didn't know much ... :hitcher:)

the first CDI unit didn't work,
the second one had a wire missing

fingurs crossed for the third one going in tomorrow.

i am PISSSSSED OFFFFFFFF .... :mad: :mad: :mad:

:cry: :cry: :cry: i want my bike NOW!!!!

Ixion
23rd August 2005, 19:54
CDI = little magical electrical box = C apacitor D ischarge I gnition (isn't really but they call it that). It makes the spark for the spark plug. No CDI, no spark.

Have patience. All things come to those that wait (No they don't actually. I've been waiting AGES for my Thruxton, and it hasn't come. D'you suppose it got lost in the mail ? )

ajturbo
24th August 2005, 07:04
hey thanks for that!!!

i DO know stuff.... like...if mud boy pisses me off i get to ride his bike!!!!:devil2:

DemonWolf
24th August 2005, 07:42
hey thanks for that!!!

i DO know stuff.... like...if mud boy pisses me off i get to ride his bike!!!!:devil2:

bhahaahaa... thats some funny shiz right there! mwhaahahaa :devil2:

Sparky Bills
24th August 2005, 09:11
By the sounds of it, the shop is trying to find a 2nd hand CDI??

In this case, you just have to wait.
Unless you want to pay full retail for a new one???

Im sure they are doing everything they can to sort it for you, and not rip you off for the work. So its not really fair for you to be putting them down for helping you out.

FROSTY
24th August 2005, 09:21
Mud boy willl be at school now but kiddo time to fit some pedals methinks :devil2:

Motu
24th August 2005, 09:53
I've got a young lad who comes in everyday to see if I've fixed his bike...but no,I haven't,and can't.Lucky he dosen't have access to a computer or he'd be stirring up shit about me on the internet.

Riff Raff
24th August 2005, 10:08
Im sure they are doing everything they can to sort it for you, and not rip you off for the work. So its not really fair for you to be putting them down for helping you out.
True. We seem to expect everything to be done right now and it doesn't always work like that. Whilst I am bemoaning the fact that I haven't got my bike back yet - it's not the bike shops fault as most of the parts have to come from Japan. Now I'm anticipating the return of my beast looking like brand new again.

ajturbo
24th August 2005, 19:50
have read all these posts...
i have tried to explane to him that they ARE doing all they can...
he just wants it NOW... (12 years old..what more do i need to say!)

but an up date for ya..

last cdi unit a no go... can get new one from Aussy.......
they are going to see if an "AG175" one will do the job... they are thinking it will, i have told them about luke wanting it for this weekend and they are trying thier best for us.... i have not put any pressure on them ( i hope!) just ph them at 4.30pm ish to see if i can pick it up each night...

will pop in tomorrow and have a chat...

oh that's right i have finished work in TGA:Punk: :Punk: :Punk: :Punk: :Punk:

off to welly next week:clap:

Cary
27th August 2005, 19:40
you may remember , that last week dad (ajturbo) took my new bike (DT175) to the bike shop to get it going......it needed a new CDI unit ( what the hell is a CDI and what does CDI mean, and what does it do?? i have asked dad :rofl: he didn't know much ... :hitcher:)

A bike shops dream :rofl:

ajturbo
28th August 2005, 08:28
a big thumbs up for the bike shop ..

new parts didn't arive in time:no:

BUT

the sales guy was great, i told him about mud boy's situation.... he said well , there is a CR80 that he could "borrow" for the weekend!!!!...
a CR80!!!! hell even the king brothers would have trouble taming it!!!..
thanks ...... but NO THANKS..

welllllll i have an ag100 out back.... now he's talking... $60/weekend!!!!!
just clean it before it comes back!!!!!

we are going up to the track again this morning... will post crashes asap!!:devil2: