PDA

View Full Version : 2- and 8-cylinder bike rides

RDJ
31st August 2013, 09:48
...while on a recent assignment in Arizona.

1 x 2004 Trask-turbo'd Vrod
1 x 1998 Boss Hoss single-speed

Then bikes put away for another day....

RDJ
31st August 2013, 09:53

Never get tired of riding in the US. (Outside of the big smokes) wide open roads, terrific sights, something previously unseen just around the next corner, cheap gas, and fast-moving traffic.

paturoa
31st August 2013, 11:32
Planning a merkin trip at the moment. Planning to head up to Alaska and back down via the east side of the rockies.

98tls
31st August 2013, 15:14
Great pics,that V-rod would be a blast...

Drew
31st August 2013, 17:24
Great pics,that V-rod would be a blast...
Be even better if it hadn't been designed by a moron.

Why the fuck is that tiny little intercooler even there, let alone mounted to get no air flowing through it?

BIG DOUG
31st August 2013, 20:29
I think nick trask has turboed a few more bikes than you.He was from tauranga but like most talented new zealanders had to leave this country to make a living,his cousin in wgtn has a turboed dyna fxd haven't seen it around for a while.

Big Dave
31st August 2013, 21:02
I've done articles on two trask turbo bikes and they were fantastic. Bolt on fabulousness.

Sure would like a go on one of those Boss Hoss V8 units.

RDJ
31st August 2013, 21:48
Why the fuck is that tiny little intercooler even there, let alone mounted to get no air flowing through it?

Well, Drew, I guess the Vrod don't think the way you do as it has performed flawlessly even running in the desert heat (44C that day) on a fast, continuously-boosted run between the turnoff from Kingman back to Wickenburg, as well as a 500-mile loop that same day (stopping for gas every 120 miles as the tank emptied fast for some reason...) and about 2200 miles total since the Trask team turbo'd it; I did a PHX-LA-PHX run the weekend after and that was seriously fun too (easier to filter in CA with the V2 than the V8...) and it keeps up with the Porsches and Mustangs nicely in the hi-speed HOV lane.

For my money, figuratively and literally, Nick Trask and his team are a class outfit. They did everything they said they would do (even transporting my bike back from from Sturgis to AZ last year to do the mod, and storing it for me at no charge after they'd finished, until I was back in the States again); and the unit they installed was finished to a very high standard (looks better'n-OEM to my eye) and performs they way they promised. The combo puts a big smile on my face when I ride - and isn't that a large part of why we ride?

RDJ
31st August 2013, 22:02
I've done articles on two trask turbo bikes and they were fantastic. Bolt on fabulousness.

Sure would like a go on one of those Boss Hoss V8 units.

PM sent, Dave

Drew
1st September 2013, 08:55
Oh right, he's done it lots, so his way must be right.

If the intercooler is not getting air flow through it, it's not working as well as it could. I'm not saying it wont work at all, but it could be better.

I'm a cunt, but that doesn't make me wrong.

Big Dave
1st September 2013, 16:00
Oh right, he's done it lots, so his way must be right.

If the intercooler is not getting air flow through it, it's not working as well as it could. I'm not saying it wont work at all, but it could be better.

I'm a cunt, but that doesn't make me wrong.

Currently shooting at one for two...

RDJ
28th July 2015, 16:50
And...the turbo'd Vrod ran another trouble-free 1,438 mile run from LA to Rapid City over 2 days...

caseye
28th July 2015, 20:08
Keep enjoying the ride RDJ, ol Drew, he just Gel arse!

ruaphu
19th September 2015, 14:19
Mmmmmmmmm Boss Hoss, wouldn't mind a go on one at some stage. That one in the pic all decked out looks good, apart from the machine gun exhausts that is. Good pic's RDJ, thanks for that.

Ando