PDA

View Full Version : A few more boy walkers

Flip
8th September 2013, 12:45
"Police issued thousands of dollars worth of fines, impounded cars and banned others from the road after they received complaints about the group's dangerous behaviour in the Lincoln area at the weekend."

All I can say is good on the Rozza.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/canterbury/8890826/Boy-racer-cars-impounded-drivers-banned

unstuck
8th September 2013, 13:13
Good weekend was it Smokeu.:whistle:

Wingnut
8th September 2013, 13:23
Yep - I fucken hate boy racers! They are too fucken stupid not to get in shit and having a large portion of the rest of the community hating them...

Flip
8th September 2013, 13:37
"Police have charged a passenger and drivers of three boy racer cars with operating a vehicle in a race causing death and injury after a fatal crash on the outskirts of Napier earlier this year."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10900260

Go on do a skid?

onearmedbandit
8th September 2013, 14:27
So glad I was never young and invincible.

Annoying residents and scaring animals, can't say that was ever my buzz. But did I ever operate a vehicle on the road in a dangerous manner? You bet.

Indiana_Jones
8th September 2013, 14:31
I don't understand why they had to mention the race horses were 'expensive'?

-Indy

SMOKEU
8th September 2013, 15:39
Good weekend was it Smokeu.:whistle:

I was out cruising last night, but we didn't see much. I haven't been out to the skids in at least a year. Once the cops blocked us in for over 4 hours and I can't be fucked sitting there waiting half the night.

sil3nt
8th September 2013, 16:04
I was out cruising last night, but we didn't see much. I haven't been out to the skids in at least a year. Once the cops blocked us in for over 4 hours and I can't be fucked sitting there waiting half the night.Shit so you actually learnt something? :gob:

Laava
8th September 2013, 16:21

-Indy
Journalism.
Ever watched destroyed in seconds? Every sport, vehicle, explosion, etc etc is the biggest, fastest, most dangerous etc etc. Andrew Gourdie stated on the last one I watched that the LPG tanks if they exploded would completely destroy the city for a radius of 2km. That is a fucken massive bang!

SMOKEU
8th September 2013, 16:28
Shit so you actually learnt something? :gob:

The hard way.

Drew
8th September 2013, 16:52
So glad I was never young and invincible.

Annoying residents and scaring animals, can't say that was ever my buzz. But did I ever operate a vehicle on the road in a dangerous manner? You bet.Glad someone else said it.

I certainly hope everyone opposed the skate parks that our councils paid millions for.

-IndyDoesn't sit well with me. It implies that the owners rights are greater than those of the boy racers to me. Probably just the chip on my shoulder slipping down another little bit though.

gammaguy
8th September 2013, 17:14
Glad someone else said it.

I certainly hope everyone opposed the skate parks that our councils paid millions for.

Doesn't sit well with me. It implies that the owners rights are greater than those of the boy racers to me. Probably just the chip on my shoulder slipping down another little bit though.

its not an implication,its a legal fact

everyone has rights,but the issue starts when one group imposes theirs over others

boy racers have the right(regularly exercised)to be dickheads,but if said exercises infringe on the rights of others,the law rightly states thats not acceptable

case in point,if the horse owners decided it would be cool to let the animals run all over the road for exercise,Im pretty sure the cops would out a stop to that too I have a boy racer issue around my property and I am on first name terms with the local cops....one text message and they pop over to sort the stupid little wastes of oxygen out,and I am glad they do.

I have a neighbour who would prefer to sort them out with his shotgun,and let me tell you there are plenty of places around the area to bury the bodies.....

mossy1200
8th September 2013, 17:17
its not an implication,its a legal fact

everyone has rights,but the issue starts when one group imposes theirs over others

boy racers have the right(regularly exercised)to be dickheads,but if said exercises infringe on the rights of others,the law rightly states thats not acceptable

case in point,if the horse owners decided it would be cool to let the animals run all over the road for exercise,Im pretty sure the cops would out a stop to that too I have a boy racer issue around my property and I am on first name terms with the local cops....one text message and they pop over to sort the stupid little wastes of oxygen out,and I am glad they do.

I have a neighbour who would prefer to sort them out with his shotgun,and let me tell you there are plenty of places around the area to bury the bodies.....

You shouldn't bother the cops so much. Text your neighbour instead.

gammaguy
8th September 2013, 17:20
my plan b,at any time could become plan a:devil2:

SMOKEU
8th September 2013, 17:43
I wonder how cagers must feel when they are out for a relaxing Sunday drive, only to be confronted by a pack of Harley riders with noisy exhausts who roar past in a deliberate effort to make as much noise as possible. Double standards, anyone?

Drew
8th September 2013, 17:45
Double standards, anyone?Hense, my comment about skate parks.

Skaters caused a problem, council took care of it. No wonder boy racers think they should be taken care of with somewhere to play.

mossy1200
8th September 2013, 17:48
I wonder how cagers must feel when they are out for a relaxing Sunday drive, only to be confronted by a pack of Harley riders with noisy exhausts who roar past in a deliberate effort to make as much noise as possible. Double standards, anyone?

Don't like packs of noisy hardly riders a lot either.

Drew
8th September 2013, 17:50
Don't like packs of noisy hardly riders a lot either.
It's the guys on modded big blocks, that ride through town and give it a fist full in the first three gears that give me the shits.

The bikes get noticed anyway, no need to make yourself to be a cunt to achieve it.

mossy1200
8th September 2013, 17:53
It's the guys on modded big blocks, that ride through town and give it a fist full in the first three gears that give me the shits.

The bikes get noticed anyway, no need to make yourself to be a cunt to achieve it.

+1 . Im more impressed when I see a shiny heritage with white wall tyres and bling cruising without volume control set on high.

scumdog
8th September 2013, 18:12

How often do these 'pack of Harley riders' roar past the same location doing lap after lap of town using the same streets?

Yes, sure, they shouldn't be as noisy as some are but generally they pass through an area and are gone.

The also don't congregate by the hundreds regularly in one area and leave everything from gazillionsof empty 'kiddie-drink' bottles (both intact and broken) to used condoms and shit when they move on.

I can only hope they live long enough to be on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour...

scumdog
8th September 2013, 18:14
+1 . Im more impressed when I see a shiny heritage with white wall tyres and bling cruising without volume control set on high.

Likewise here, a low rumble is cool - straight pipes not...

Flip
8th September 2013, 18:42
There is no comparison between Harley riders and Boy Racers, I mean really.......

"A hard-core element in Christchurch's boy racer fraternity are intimidating off-duty police - performing burnouts outside at least one officer's home and posting threats online."

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/boy-racers-target-off-duty-police-5507380

The last civil disobedience I took place in was the Rego protest in Wellington. FFS we shut down the capital city for 3 hours. The difference is the media all said it was 10,000 bikers protesting the rise in the rego not a minority criminal group....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8495655/Boy-racers-Cruising-in-Christchurch

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/16419/thousands-of-bikers-protest-at-parliament

"A week ago, the boy-racer group used Facebook to organise a spur-of-the-moment protest that resulted in more than 100 people gathering outside the Christchurch central police station. It was billed as a "peaceful park-up", but ended as an ugly, alcohol-fuelled mess that led to six people being arrested."

Drew
8th September 2013, 18:53
There is no comparison between Harley riders and Boy Racers, I mean really.......

"A hard-core element in Christchurch's boy racer fraternity are intimidating off-duty police - performing burnouts outside at least one officer's home and posting threats online."

The last civil disobedience I took place in was the Rego protest in Wellington. FFS we shut down the capital city for 3 hours. The difference is the media all said it was 10,000 bikers protesting the rise in the rego not a minority criminal group....

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/16419/thousands-of-bikers-protest-at-parliament

"A week ago, the boy-racer group used Facebook to organise a spur-of-the-moment protest that resulted in more than 100 people gathering outside the Christchurch central police station. It was billed as a "peaceful park-up", but ended as an ugly, alcohol-fuelled mess that led to six people being arrested."

Oh yeah, chalk and cheese alright.:laugh:

T.W.R
8th September 2013, 18:56
How often do these 'pack of Harley riders' roar past the same location doing lap after lap of town using the same streets?

Templeton Motorcycle Gang used to drag race up and down Picton Ave in ChCh every new years eve back in the 70s :msn-wink: but they weren't any worse or more annoying than the Lincoln University Alcoholics students that would do the same once a month in old shitter cars towing TVs & carpeting the street in broken beer bottles

The also don't congregate by the hundreds regularly in one area and leave everything from gazillions of empty 'kiddie-drink' bottles (both intact and broken) to used condoms smeared in shit when they move on.

I can only hope they live long enough to reach puberty & be on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour...

Fixed a couple of things for you :msn-wink:

huff3r
8th September 2013, 20:12

Maybe where you are. In my part of town they are the same damn thing. They both roar up and down the street at close to double the speed limit... a street where 3yo kids are out playing on the roadside unsupervised.

Although the boy racers round here are a damn sight quieter than the harleys... due to actually having an exhaust system of some description. The Harleys are the closest thing to a quake Hamilton ever gets!

kiwi cowboy
8th September 2013, 21:11

Yer but hardly riders roar past and are gone NOT parked up causing as much noise and bullshit as possible and walk over your lawn pissing all over it leaving there empties on your property:no:.

Another case I have heard of was a guy had a trailer with A tq on it and got caught in a parkup and trying to get through they were climbing all over the tq and trailer wih no respect.
The guy was disabled and had three young kids in the car that were petrified so:bash::bash:them I say and get the :Police: at every opportunity.

Road kill
8th September 2013, 21:16
Had a couple of mixed breed squids pass me on double yellows straight into on coming traffic on Glenbrook rd friday avo'.

That's a pretty regular thing around here,,,but doesn't bother me much because it ain't and never has been every squid in town.

The Waiuku riders MC are a bunch of straight pipe slow bike HD riding posers but they also don't bother me much because there's plenty of other HD riders around Franklin that don't ride like that.

Some of the young people in my extended family have Skylines,,about 8 of the fuckers.
They spend more time working on an polishing the things between bout's of throwing money at them.

Other than one little cunt that will get what's coming soon enough,the others all value their wheels as much as anybody on this site values theirs and their all pretty much legit,,but we don't hear about them so only the fuckwits count ???.

People only get messed with by the coppers if their fuck ups or look the part often enough.

Constanly hearing about it via the press/net has got old for me.
I mean what's the fasination with a small minority of fuck ups anyway ?
People really got that little colour in their lives ?
Sheeesh.

Today I pulled the carbys off the Adventurer to give em' a spring clean,clean the inline filter "it was spotless" plus just get to know her a little better.

Also taking the coils into the Auto sparky in town to have him check em' over,will probably wait until he comes to the yard a get it done for free.

Bikes had a slight cough at low rev's for a couple of weeks now and I've been ignoring it but this morning I got up after seeing Counties get up an bring home Te log of wood,team New Zealand looking real good in the Americas cup,the Blacks take Argentina for a walk.

So I figured all the signs looked good to fix bike or just find things wrong.....to fix.

I have found every fuel and breather line obviously missed their replacement dates by 5 years.

Some of the Carb linkages corroded, ugly and seized.

I have all week before next Saturday so it's all good.

Plus I never seen no boy racers,so I'm still in a good mood about that to...

Triumph riders rock no matter what:bleh::devil2:

Grubber
9th September 2013, 07:59
i wonder how cagers must feel when they are out for a relaxing sunday drive, only to be confronted by a pack of harley riders with noisy exhausts who roar past in a deliberate effort to make as much noise as possible. Double standards, anyone?

nope!!!!!!

Grubber
9th September 2013, 08:00
Hense, my comment about skate parks.

Skaters caused a problem, council took care of it. No wonder boy racers think they should be taken care of with somewhere to play.

They don't want somewhere to play, they want to piss people off! Much more fun when it's dubbed illegal!

The Reibz
9th September 2013, 08:57
Driveway burnouts are the way to go. Blew the back wheels on a 302W in a mates driveway out mangere. Cops couldn't do shit, private residence. Yet cunts go out every weekend and get stickered for doing them on public roads.

3 of my brothers mates got stickered on saturday night for drag racing... Drag wars was at meremere the next day... Fucken westies hahaha

SMOKEU
9th September 2013, 09:48

Yes, sure, they shouldn't be as noisy as some are but generally they pass through an area and are gone.

The also don't congregate by the hundreds regularly in one area and leave everything from gazillionsof empty 'kiddie-drink' bottles (both intact and broken) to used condoms and shit when they move on.

I can only hope they live long enough to be on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour...

Yer but hardly riders roar past and are gone NOT parked up causing as much noise and bullshit as possible and walk over your lawn pissing all over it leaving there empties on your property:no:.

Another case I have heard of was a guy had a trailer with A tq on it and got caught in a parkup and trying to get through they were climbing all over the tq and trailer wih no respect.
The guy was disabled and had three young kids in the car that were petrified so:bash::bash:them I say and get the :Police: at every opportunity.

It's usually not the drivers who are getting drunk and causing the trouble. It's the passengers. Most people use cars to get around these days, and just because they arrived somewhere in a car does not mean that the problems have anything to do with the cars. The drivers are usually sober as they know the risk of getting caught driving drunk is fairly high.

Drunk fuckwits are going to go around causing trouble no matter what. If the cars they travel in all get crushed or ordered off the roads, then they will just walk the streets instead causing the same amount of trouble. This is just another sign of the increasing levels of political correctness. Instead of tackling the real issue, the general public and the government would rather look for a scapegoat than admit that this country is gripped with a terrible alcohol abuse problem that no one knows how to deal with.

When I first started cruising and going to the skids a few years ago, it was all about checking out the other cars and peeling some mean skids, and there wasn't anywhere near as much violence and vandalism as there is these days. These days it's more about who can get the most pissed and cause the most trouble as possible. There is such a lack of respect from youth these days toward authority, and until the government has the balls to do something about it, nothing will change.

nope!!!!!!

What an insightful comment.

Banditbandit
9th September 2013, 12:02
Fuck Me !!!

You've all turned into your parents !!!

T.W.R
9th September 2013, 12:12
lol SMOKEU should have spent time at RoadRunner in the 70s & 80s :yes: & the drags up & down Carlye St & Hazeldean Rd :2thumbsup

SMOKEU
9th September 2013, 12:19
You've all turned into your parents !!!

They're all a bunch of old cunts.

lol SMOKEU should have spent time at RoadRunner in the 70s & 80s :yes: & the drags up & down Carlye St & Hazeldean Rd :2thumbsup

Fuck yeah!

onearmedbandit
9th September 2013, 13:27
The drags down Cass and Carlye were legendary stuff in the '80's. Many nights spent there with my older brothers.

Grubber
9th September 2013, 14:39
It's usually not the drivers who are getting drunk and causing the trouble. It's the passengers. Most people use cars to get around these days, and just because they arrived somewhere in a car does not mean that the problems have anything to do with the cars. The drivers are usually sober as they know the risk of getting caught driving drunk is fairly high.

Drunk fuckwits are going to go around causing trouble no matter what. If the cars they travel in all get crushed or ordered off the roads, then they will just walk the streets instead causing the same amount of trouble. This is just another sign of the increasing levels of political correctness. Instead of tackling the real issue, the general public and the government would rather look for a scapegoat than admit that this country is gripped with a terrible alcohol abuse problem that no one knows how to deal with.

When I first started cruising and going to the skids a few years ago, it was all about checking out the other cars and peeling some mean skids, and there wasn't anywhere near as much violence and vandalism as there is these days. These days it's more about who can get the most pissed and cause the most trouble as possible. There is such a lack of respect from youth these days toward authority, and until the government has the balls to do something about it, nothing will change.

What an insightful comment.

The question was pretty simple to be fair. Didn't require an in depth answer!

SMOKEU
9th September 2013, 14:58
The question was pretty simple to be fair. Didn't require an in depth answer!

It does require a complex answer since the majority of people are barking up the wrong tree.

nudemetalz
9th September 2013, 15:45
I remember one Friday night back in 1990 at Carlyle Street we dragged an FZ400 and my GSXR400.
Then,....we dragged a Ford Transit V4 (yes Vee-4) versus a CF Beddy straight afterwards. The Bedford won as the Transit overheated.......

Grubber
9th September 2013, 16:28
It does require a complex answer since the majority of people are barking up the wrong tree.

If the answer is just so simple then that's what the answer is, simple!
Cant make it any more simpler than that!

Grubber
9th September 2013, 16:30

Oh and yea...."the majority of people" does this mean they are all wrong and you are right???

scumdog
9th September 2013, 17:31
They're all a bunch of old cunts.!

Like you will be.

Unless you die first.

unstuck
9th September 2013, 18:36
I remember one Friday night back in 1990 at Carlyle Street we dragged an FZ400 and my GSXR400.
Then,....we dragged a Ford Transit V4 (yes Vee-4) versus a CF Beddy straight afterwards. The Bedford won as the Transit overheated.......

Essex v4???
Put one of them, in one of these.:Punk::Punk:

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/modelpicture.php?id=3740

Kickaha
9th September 2013, 18:39
Essex v4???
Put one of them, in one of these.:Punk:
Mate had a 1300 cortina motor in one, think we fucked it when we endoed it over a river bank

unstuck
9th September 2013, 18:42
Mate had a 1300 cortina motor in one, think we fucked it when we endoed it over a river bank

Mine rolled 7 times before the toolbox on the back seat finally got me in the head, dont remember much after that other than having to walk back to albany from coatsville.:pinch:

SMOKEU
9th September 2013, 18:43
If the answer is just so simple then that's what the answer is, simple!
Cant make it any more simpler than that!

Yeah.

Oh and yea...."the majority of people" does this mean they are all wrong and you are right???

No, people just think that by cracking down on "boy racers", then the rest of the disorderly behaviour like bottle throwing, pissing all over the place, vandalized property, assaults and other weekend crime will drop substantially. All this does is move an existing problem elsewhere, and the cycle continues.

Like you will be.

Unless you die first.

I can still be young at heart.

T.W.R
9th September 2013, 18:45
The drags down Cass and Carlye were legendary stuff in the '80's. Many nights spent there with my older brothers.

Checkin the line-up under the Moorhouse bridge used to be entertaining ;)

Hoon :pinch:
A Mate had a Valiant VJ Limo with a 360 Hemi that had a fairly good rep around there :2thumbsup had a flat on Gasson st and one night doin donuts he smashed up all the front end when it broke loose and fired the car into the curb 6 of us in the tank and all we could do was :nya:

scumdog
9th September 2013, 19:17
Yeah.

I can still be young at heart.

Just like all us oldies huh!;)

SMOKEU
9th September 2013, 19:20

Probably! :crazy:

avgas
9th September 2013, 19:30
http://www.caradvice.com.au/54418/anti-hoon-laws-road-safety-or-political-vote-winner/?tab=gallery
http://cdn.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hoon_laws_file_366.jpg

Must be one of those 2 wheel cars. Or the law applies to all? Morons

avgas
9th September 2013, 19:33

-Indy
Obviously because they were slow horses and only really good for dog tucker.......but the owner can't kill them because they were 'expensive'.

onearmedbandit
9th September 2013, 20:08
Checkin the line-up under the Moorhouse bridge used to be entertaining ;)

One night I misunderstood my g/f on the back saying "don't do a wheelie, there's cops under the bridge" as "do a wheelie under the bridge". Sat at the Colombo Moorhouse intersection travelling south, revved the 750 and took off on the back wheel. Apparently it looked like a big 'fuck you' to the cops. Doh.

T.W.R
9th September 2013, 20:24
One night I misunderstood my g/f on the back saying "don't do a wheelie, there's cops under the bridge" as "do a wheelie under the bridge". Sat at the Colombo Moorhouse intersection travelling south, revved the 750 and took off on the back wheel. Apparently it looked like a big 'fuck you' to the cops. Doh.

:facepalm: classic!

Had a similar experience though just outright drags with a few mates playing silly buggers on Moorhouse 5 bikes & 1 car :pinch: up over the bridge like a bunch of crazy buggers pulled up at the Manchester st lights taking up both lanes, lights change green and we're off like a shower of shit.... leave our mate car for dead just to spot a cop at the railway station flick his disco lights on :crazy: it was each for his own, we took off in all different directions and the cop nailed our mate in the car :lol:

nudemetalz
10th September 2013, 08:59
Essex v4???
Put one of them, in one of these.:Punk::Punk:

Yup the Essex V4. Apparently quite a crap motor.
The Essex V6,....now there was a powerplant.
Mate had a Mk1 Capri with one of them c/w extractors etc. Sounded and went rather well. We used to go out do burnouts on a Friday night around the Sydenham "quiet" streets...

So, we were boy racers back in the old days of black and white with one red light plods.......

Drew
10th September 2013, 09:36
Yup the Essex V4. Apparently quite a crap motor.
The Essex V6,....now there was a powerplant.
Mate had a Mk1 Capri with one of them c/w extractors etc. Sounded and went rather well. We used to go out do burnouts on a Friday night around the Sydenham "quiet" streets...

So, we were boy racers back in the old days of black and white with one red light plods.......The "Granada" V6 on the other hand, was a lazy piece of shit in my experience.

It pains me to say it, but GM and Chrysler had their shit in one sock through the 60s-80s by comparison.

Well, the Chrysler bit doesn't upset me. MOPAR for the fucken win.

Banditbandit
10th September 2013, 09:57

Mate - you and me may be young at heart and smokeu is just young .. but some here are mentally old .. they've certainly bercome their parents ...

I do remember drag racing on the Canterbury straights - somewhere out toward Oxford ... it was fun ... but it was back in the mid-1970s ... so I can't be more specific as the past is somewhat hidden in the drug hazz .. I do remember my mate had a Mark IV with a supercharged V8 ... fuck that ws quick !!!

Drew
10th September 2013, 10:00
It's rumored that some people who ride weekly during daylight savings, from around the Wellington region, have impromptu drag races away from traffic lights at times.

This is purely speculative of course.

Banditbandit
10th September 2013, 10:04
yeah - last time I was in Wellingtown some idiot on a Meridan Triumph thought he could drag me at the lights ... I let him have his illusion for half the intersection

ellipsis
10th September 2013, 10:08
...a bunch of us Lyttelton louts were corralled by the cops in grey HQ's and some on foot into the railway station and they put our push bikes into the guards van and sent home...we were being 'boy racers', and they had had enough of us 'speeding down the flyover on Moorhouse Ave...thems were the days...the cops even paid the 20 or 25 cents it cost to get each of us and our bikes back to port...

Banditbandit
10th September 2013, 10:41
Sometime back in the mid 1970s I dropped a Meridan Triumph 650 on the Moorhouse Ave overbridge .. not bad .. no damage .. just embarrassing ..

nudemetalz
10th September 2013, 12:10
I remember racing the VF500 back in 1989 against my mates through the Lyttelton tunnel. Did some speed which is rather close to redline in top and had all of the tunnel lights going red. I'm thinking the tunnel dude was going red also....

Bloody boyracer !!

onearmedbandit
10th September 2013, 12:22
I remember racing the VF500 back in 1989 against my mates through the Lyttelton tunnel. Did some speed which is rather close to redline in top and had all of the tunnel lights going red. I'm thinking the tunnel dude was going red also....

Bloody boyracer !!

I too heard the rumour about the lights changing to red if you speed through there at excessive speed. I can confirm they do. Used to have impromptu drags down Moorhouse/Cass/Carlyle back in the late 80's. Then in the early 90's I was racing myself, everything from a std 308 Statesman, to a ground-up build 308 Sunbird and a 440 Magnum powered Charger. Guys unbolting their exhausts on the side of the roads, spare tyres in the boot, couple of crates and a bag of bud.

ellipsis
10th September 2013, 12:36

Bloody boyracer !!

...yip...the only things different between the twats doing it today and the twats doing it then(me) is their fucked attitude and sense of entitlement and the power/speed they can attain, and there numbers....I'm kind of glad the big old bodgie Mk 2 Zephyr I had then only developed about the same power as my Sportster today...I cringe at the things we did... like pissed and stoned, two abreast in the tunnel from one end to the other after a night at the Valley Inn listening to 'Freshwater' who were resident band there...

Drew
10th September 2013, 12:51
...yip...the only things different between the twats doing it today and the twats doing it then(me) is their fucked attitude and sense of entitlement and the power/speed they can attain, and there numbers....I'm kind of glad the big old bodgie Mk 2 Zephyr I had then only developed about the same power as my Sportster today...I cringe at the things we did... like pissed and stoned, two abreast in the tunnel from one end to the other after a night at the Valley Inn listening to 'Freshwater' who were resident band there...

What of not entitlement, was it that you think prompted your antics?

And you think your slow old Zepher was safer to be in than a modern car, because it was slow?

SMOKEU
10th September 2013, 12:58
Do a skid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdzMndIQ5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYe9U7NqzHw

T.W.R
10th September 2013, 13:03
:laugh: aren't there a few wee stories of past exploits going on here :shifty:

Pretty much the biggest difference between what used to transpire years ago and what's going on now is the attitude of this generation.

Personally with all the shit myself & the guys that ran in the same circles would make half this lot shit themselves but we never went purposely looking for trouble or intending to cause trouble, sure we clashed with the law plenty of times....pursuits, roadblocks etc; it wasn't the norm or the weekly event to try for those sort of results and if we did get caught we took it on the chin :yes: there wasn't abuse or aggression to being raked over the coals for our stupidity.
Sure we would have scared the crap out of a few people with our antics but mostly through sheer shock & fright not intimidation or abusive behaviour.
BTW Those Lyttleton tunnel lights were a entertaining thing :yes: our game was to see how quickly we could them going :blip: heading down into Lyttleton sitting behind a couple of bevel dukes on the over run barking out their contis from 160kmh+ with a triple cackling through it's 3/1 took a fair bit of beating :2thumbsup

ellipsis
10th September 2013, 13:32
What of not entitlement, was it that you think prompted your antics?

And you think your slow old Zepher was safer to be in than a modern car, because it was slow?

...you'll have to rephrase that first bit Drew...there's a big nor'wester blowing here at the mo...cant get my remaining brain cells to line up....maybe T.W.R. answered it for me?...

...the Zephyr didn't usually end up in two pieces when I hit big trees or put it over the bank on the Governors Bay Road...a tow out and a big hammer usually got it back on track...neither did my Morris Oxford or my bro's '36 Chev....

SMOKEU
10th September 2013, 14:02
I'm surprised some of you lot are still alive after antics like those.

unstuck
10th September 2013, 14:55

I am real surprised I am still here too.:wacko:

Banditbandit
10th September 2013, 14:59

They might be safer to be in - but they had crap brakes and weighed a lot ... if they fucked up there was more risk to those outside ...

Banditbandit
10th September 2013, 15:00

Fuck me ... what's been said here is mild compared to some of the things that went on ...

Me too ... I never expected to live to be this old ... every day now is a bonus ...

nudemetalz
10th September 2013, 15:50
Yeah I wonder how I am still alive also....seems to be a recurring thing with us "slightly older" fellahs (and lasses) here on KB......

Going to Lyttelton you could go faster as it's downhill but the roundabout made the brakes work well,...but coming out the tunnel was more fun as you could go past the the dude in his little station at errr...200 somethings.....wondering if I Plod Cortina or V3000 was there to greet you.... hehehe

T.W.R
10th September 2013, 15:52
The thing that amuses me about these so called boy racer types is their pack mentality...farkin big time heros in a group or when they've got a load in their huge black hole of debt cars get some of the wee twats by themselves and they're right wee worms.

The convention or gathering they had a while back......:laugh:2.30am here I am heading home from a nights work head out on to the main sth for the 30min drive home, roll through Templeton and here's about 15 cars lined up with a bunch of wee ass-wipes & slappers milling around; I drive past and by the time I get to the open road there's half of them right up behind me with one so close I should've opened the boot so he could hop in :facepalm:
I just kept on my way and come the 1st passing bay they're all blasting past & cutting in front of me & I'm thinking to myself this'll be interesting if they're a few of the chumps from Ashburton, but nah that wasn't to be...about 3kms up the road the 4 of them pull in abruptly and one idiot does a U-turn with me bearing down on him at 100k+:wacko:.
The cars further ahead keep going and a couple pull into the Rolleston 24hr servo and leave one lone 180SX in front of me as we head toward Burnham & the run to Ashburton, only thing being this dick decides to cruise along at 80kmh so I pull out & pass and waddaya know here it is right up my arse and trying to push me along :facepalm:
(now I do bomb along at a fair rate & have travelled the main sth for 20+yrs back n forth to chch from home) so I think this'll be amusing so sit at a stead 120ish and sure enough here this dick comes blasts past and heads off to gap me a bit and sure enough down he comes to 80 again :oi-grr: this kept up for a bit till I passed again and he sat steady behind me till the Dunsandel straight where this dick blasts off into the distance ahead of me only to literally stop & wait at the Bankside bend, soon as I go by he's off trying to get in behind me again :brick:
So I'd had enough by this time so give the Maxima it's head and punt it along a bit & he's hauling in behind me :weird: I'm being so over this & just wanting to get home after a long night, I keep a steady pace up over the Rakaia overhead bridge and low & behold this wee chump can't keep the pace with a couple of bends involved so I keep an eye on him as he sat maybe half a km behind me till I pulled off the main sth & into home.

Back 25yrs ago we'd never bother doing that sort of shit to a car we didn't know or attempt it...closest thing we got upto like that would be buzzing a few as we blasted past on our bikes, it was just a case of we're in their mirrors one sec & next we'd be a dot up in the distance ahead of them. We wouldn't try pushing cars or other bikes around on the road or try hounding them; we'd just be out doing our thing without involving others.

T.W.R
10th September 2013, 15:57
Going to Lyttelton you could go faster as it's downhill but the roundabout made the brakes work well,...but coming out the tunnel was more fun as you could go past the the dude in his little station at errr...200 somethings.....wondering if I Plod Cortina or V3000 was there to greet you.... hehehe

Heading to Heathcote was just asking for trouble :facepalm: wasn't the ones wating for coz you'd be through before they could get moving it was who'd they would've called to greet you aswell :yes:
Least heading into port you peal off for a run around to the Smugglers or the Wheatsheaf ;) and you just get the timing right fanging it out of the roundabout otherwise the brakes got a bloody good workout :crazy:

Drew
10th September 2013, 16:15
...you'll have to rephrase that first bit Drew...there's a big nor'wester blowing here at the mo...cant get my remaining brain cells to line up....maybe T.W.R. answered it for me?...

...the Zephyr didn't usually end up in two pieces when I hit big trees or put it over the bank on the Governors Bay Road...a tow out and a big hammer usually got it back on track...neither did my Morris Oxford or my bro's '36 Chev....I mean, that if you felt you weren't entitled to do the silly things, how did you convince yourself to do them anyway?

Those cars you talk about, are, and always were fucken death traps. No one knew how bad of course, and there was no alternative, but they hadn't evolved into anything like we've got today. Scumdog posted a real time video of an old Impala (I think) and a new car for the same market in a head on.

People like to say the old cars would "tear straight through the new plastic cars", and they are 100% wrong. The new school middle of the road family sedan ripped the drivers side of the old girl clean off right up to the drivers shoulder. The cabin of the new car, was still intact.

Fuck me ... what's been said here is mild compared to some of the things that went on ...

Me too ... I never expected to live to be this old ... every day now is a bonus ...Looking back, it surprises me no end that myself, friends, and certain family are here today.

There was the fun, broken bones type dangerous stuff. And the fuck, how did that not go tits up DEATH stuff.

scumdog
10th September 2013, 16:33
Do a skid.

Why do the roads look so wet??:confused:

ellipsis
10th September 2013, 16:34
I mean, that if you felt you weren't entitled to do the silly things, how did you convince yourself to do them anyway?

...entitlement didn't figure on the menu, and I, we, knew that if we got sprung doing these"silly things', you would be dealt to severely, usually starting with a coppers size 10 in your arse, dragged back to the station or central, go to court next day, get fined, pay the fine and be very remorseful, 'til next time...piss had a wee bit to do with it usually...I'm not saying anything about the integrity of more modern cars, but they do go a fuck site quicker than our old shit, generally....old story, bigger the speed, bigger the mess...and in all those times of long ago and times apart, I cant remember hanging out with huge numbers of other louts on country roads or fucking with peoples suburbs and private lives...we must have had better things to do...Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson were the boys being bad on the screen then...not Vin Diesel...

scumdog
10th September 2013, 16:37

Well I never got up to any of that sort of shrnnanigans I'll have you know!:no::shifty::whistle:

ellipsis
10th September 2013, 16:43
Well I never got up to any of that sort of shrnnanigans I'll have you know!:no::shifty::whistle:

...yeah right...three of the hard nuts I grew up scraping my knuckles and bending cars and bikes with ended up in your game...still good mates too...well, kind of...

Berg
10th September 2013, 17:10
Left the police college at Porirua heading north on the Z a few weeks back. Was late evening, dark and I wasn't in the mood to play. 3 asswipes in some lowered price of crap Nissan started bugging me at every set of lights through Mana (bloody got every damn red) reving their engine, trying to get me to race and calling me a pussy when I just cruised off the lights. Come to the Plimmerton roundabout and I "briskly" accelerated up to 100kph in the left lane which driver asswipe took as a challange to his manhood so he floored the Nissan passing me at well over 100 as I pulled into the weigh station. Pity I knew the speed camera was at the weigh station and he didn't. Bugger for him. Those cameras make a nice flash:bleh:

Drew
10th September 2013, 17:30
Left the police college at Porirua heading north on the Z a few weeks back. Was late evening, dark and I wasn't in the mood to play. 3 asswipes in some lowered price of crap Nissan started bugging me at every set of lights through Mana (bloody got every damn red) reving their engine, trying to get me to race and calling me a pussy when I just cruised off the lights. Come to the Plimmerton roundabout and I "briskly" accelerated up to 100kph in the left lane which driver asswipe took as a challange to his manhood so he floored the Nissan passing me at well over 100 as I pulled into the weigh station. Pity I knew the speed camera was at the weigh station and he didn't. Bugger for him. Those cameras make a nice flash:bleh:
Are you one of the fucken retards at the college, that sees the best answer to our blocked off stairways, is to climb over or around the thing?

I had to ask a whole group of recruits, if this was the extent of their problem solving abilities.

SMOKEU
10th September 2013, 17:56
Why do the roads look so wet??:confused:

I'd hate to think, especially riding on that the next day on a bike.

I'm sure you didn't. :laugh:

Berg
10th September 2013, 20:22
Are you one of the fucken retards at the college, that sees the best answer to our blocked off stairways, is to climb over or around the thing?

I had to ask a whole group of recruits, if this was the extent of their problem solving abilities.
Ah, no. I was there to have tea with said "fucken retards".

Drew
10th September 2013, 20:51
Ah, no. I was there to have tea with said "fucken retards".Not all of them are retards I'm sure. But the look of complete incomprehension at what to do when they can't take the normal route, is cause for concern I reckon.

Mind, some of them are prolly filthy non sworns.

Berg
10th September 2013, 20:57
Not all of them are retards I'm sure. But the look of complete incomprehension at what to do when they can't take the normal route, is cause for concern I reckon.

Mind, some of them are prolly filthy non sworns.
That's harsh lol. Anyway, its "police authorized officer" to you:bleh:

Ender EnZed
10th September 2013, 22:06
Do a skid.

@ 1:43 in the second one. For 5 seconds I was hoping to see that Surf do a skid.

@ 2:55 Those people are actually really close to being clipped. Pause the video and you can see them in a bad place to stand.

Wingnut
11th September 2013, 06:11
That's harsh lol. Anyway, its "police authorized officer" to you:bleh:

WTF is that? "police authorized officer"???

unstuck
11th September 2013, 07:14
WTF is that? "police authorized officer"???

Wannabe fuzz. AO,s are just playing at being bobbys, but cannot arrest you or take DNA samples. :devil2:

sinfull
11th September 2013, 07:34

"

Funniest thing i've read in ages !

Disobedience lol most were herded into a bloody great carpark and walked 15 min to parliment to hear a clown who loved the sound of his own voice suck up to whoever he could !

Meanwhile inside they were passing bills to take acc away from many who really needed it !

Smokescreen much !

Banditbandit
11th September 2013, 08:58
Looking back, it surprises me no end that myself, friends, and certain family are here today.

There was the fun, broken bones type dangerous stuff. And the fuck, how did that not go tits up DEATH stuff.

Yeah - but that's not true for some - I have buried friends killed in car accidents, in bike crashes, drug over-doses, shot, stabbed, drowned on own vomit ...

We're the lucky ones who survived .. but it might have been otherwise ..

Banditbandit
11th September 2013, 09:02
Funniest thing i've read in ages !

Disobedience lol most were herded into a bloody great carpark and walked 15 min to parliment to hear a clown who loved the sound of his own voice suck up to whoever he could !

Meanwhile inside they were passing bills to take acc away from many who really needed it !

Smokescreen much !

Yeah .. that about sums it up ... it was fun and not very effective - I'd hardly call it "civil disobedience" ...

avgas
11th September 2013, 11:27
As far as I am aware you never gave it up. You just got a company car now.

sinfull
11th September 2013, 12:56
it was fun .
You're talking about the ride out of wellington huh lol

Banditbandit
11th September 2013, 13:33
You're talking about the ride out of wellington huh lol

The ride there .. the event .. the ride back out of Wellington (We went over the 'Takas so we prolly missed all the shit on SH1 ... )

It as a fun day .. but was it effective ? Not really ... was it civil disobedience ??? Only a few of the fuckwit Harley Diddleson riders I saw doing dickhead things could be called civilly disobedient .. the rest of us were just ordinary protestors ..

avgas
11th September 2013, 13:42
but was it effective ? Not really ... was it civil disobedience ??? Only a few of the fuckwit Harley Diddleson riders I saw doing dickhead things could be called civilly disobedient .. the rest of us were just ordinary protestors ..
Hey its protesting like that, that got homo's the vote and allowed women to marry whom they want.......or something along those lines.

Banditbandit
11th September 2013, 13:56
Hey its protesting like that, that got homo's the vote and allowed women to marry whom they want.......or something along those lines.

Those were not one-off ride ins to Parliament .. both were long campaigns ... especially the Women's bit ....

And where does it say that HOMOS can vote??? Did they win ??? I have yet to see a law that says they can vote ... so you can just shove that up your arse !!!!

avgas
11th September 2013, 20:50
Those were not one-off ride ins to Parliament .. both were long campaigns ... especially the Women's bit ....

And where does it say that HOMOS can vote??? Did they win ??? I have yet to see a law that says they can vote ... so you can just shove that up your arse !!!!
My confusion - it was the Maoris that got the vote and the homos got to marry your wife :motu:

Banditbandit
12th September 2013, 12:00
My confusion - it was the Maoris that got the vote and the homos got to marry your wife :motu:

:killingme: Voting is an activity enforced on us by the colonizers ...

The homos are welcome to my first wife ... the current I keep close with the shotgun loaded ...