PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Road 3: 10,000km review

buggerit
15th September 2013, 20:44
I have been impressed with these tyres under all conditions and will be replacing them with the same. The rear held its profile
well to 9000km. 95% of travel has been done 2 up , the bike is a 1250 Bandit.

haydes55
15th September 2013, 20:59
I have no comparison to other tires as I've only been on my big boy bike for about a month, over 1000km, loads of wet road riding and a track day.

Ive had the rear power slide into a corner slightly (entered the corner in the rain then rolled on the throttle and it stepped out slightly then back in line easily).

It stepped out under braking into a greasy down hill corner in wet conditions (Rider error but regained easily).

Track day was mint (first proper time riding in the dry on the new bike). Never once even twitched out of line. I wasn't going knee down but I wasn't too slow either.

I've rolled rubber off it in the dry easily and haven't found its limits in the dry yet.

In the wet I've found the limits of the rear tire and it's easily controlled and predictable.

I'll happily replace with the same.

Maha
15th September 2013, 21:12
I have been impressed with these tyres under all conditions and will be replacing them with the same. The rear held its profile
well to 9000km. 95% of travel has been done 2 up , the bike is a 1250 Bandit.

I have some at the ready, probably get then fitted this coming Saturday. Putting a PR3B on the rear, for the extra weight at times.
I had them on my CB1300 and was going to swap them on the FZ8 that I bought (because they had low K's) but elected not to...wrong decision.

caspernz
15th September 2013, 21:16
I see you've got the same triangular profile happening that I had on my old 750 with PR3s.

And yes I fully agree the PR3 is a good tyre. For a modestly powered bike it's fine, but I won't be flipping a set of these onto my Busa as they'll just end up shredded.

Good predictable grip in the wet and the dry the PR3s do offer. My only reservation about them was the profile creating a somewhat slow steering response, mind you that is a good thing on some bikes.

nzspokes
15th September 2013, 21:17
Today I did a 700k ride on mine. Through rain at first then dried out to some nice roads. Never once did I think about traction or my tyres. Love em. Well suited to a Hornet as well then.

buggerit
15th September 2013, 21:18
I have some at the ready, probably get then fitted this coming Saturday. Putting a PR3B on the rear, for the extra weight at times.
I had them on my CB1300 and was going to swap them on the FZ8 that I bought (because they had low K's) but elected not to...wrong decision.

That's a b on the rear, have always run 36psi front, 42psi rear as Suzuki recommended pressures.

nzspokes
15th September 2013, 21:23
That's a b on the rear, have always run 36psi front, 42psi rear as Suzuki recommended pressures.

My old oil boiler Bandit wouldnt keep a tyre for 10K. Ripped it up. I ran 32 front and 36 rear but that was solo.

buggerit
16th September 2013, 12:34

How did you find the T30"s?

Maha
16th September 2013, 13:48
How did you find the T30"s?

They are for sale, read all about it → http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/160894-Bridgestone-T30-Tyres?p=1130610089#post1130610089