PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard about a "Slow Ride to Welington"?

Conquiztador
20th September 2013, 12:55
This is what popped up on fb but can not find anything more. And what, apart from the ACC general rip-off is this about??? And that is supposed to be Wellington...

Paul in NZ
20th September 2013, 13:19
Nah - can't find anything....

Logo is a rip off of EU one....

jellywrestler
20th September 2013, 14:04
yeah the Harley Owners have one every time they go out...

riffer
20th September 2013, 14:13
Yes, we're working on it.

September 26th. Thursday seems to be the one at the moment.

Details not finalised yet, but the idea is to congest traffic with a large amount of motorcycles, helping to raise awareness of how many of us there really are out there.

I'll get more information on here as soon as I can.

Simon
BRONZ

riffer
20th September 2013, 14:15
The idea being that we eventually lead up to some kind of Bikoi type event before October 15.

Read the press release from BRONZ that I've posted and you'll get a sense of why people are pissed.

Mom
20th September 2013, 15:04
https://www.facebook.com/groups/523684051046272/

jellywrestler
20th September 2013, 15:05
The idea being that we eventually lead up to some kind of Bikoi type event before October 15.

Read the press release from BRONZ that I've posted and you'll get a sense of why people are pissed.

in New zealand being pissed means they will be too drunk to ride their motorcycle, where are you from?

jolly_26
20th September 2013, 15:26
the idea is to congest traffic with a large amount of motorcycles, helping to raise awareness of how many of us there really are out there.
Simon
BRONZ

I don't know if it's just me, but I generally try to improve peoples perceptions of riders, instead of being a pain in the ass to other road users.

awa355
20th September 2013, 15:30
I'd do the ride on my scooter, but the 'going slow' part would be a problem:scooter:

At times having top gear as the only gear can be a hassle.

As for the ride itself, I think the public would simply get pissed off at the riders rather than become sympathetic.

Conquiztador
20th September 2013, 15:55
And here I was thinking that the ride was gonna take a week to get to Welly... a little like when the farmers went down with their tractors!

Road kill
20th September 2013, 16:02
I don't know if it's just me, but I generally try to improve peoples perceptions of riders, instead of being a pain in the ass to other road users.

Most people feel that way on the normal day to day basis but there is coming the day when if we don't stand up for ours selves then the old saying is going to apply to all of us.

The meek shall inherit,,,, FUCK ALL !

Limited action my arse,,I say block every road into and out of wellinton and have a full scale fucken riot,,,,with free beer.

Conquiztador
20th September 2013, 16:09
Most people feel that way on the normal day to day basis but there is coming the day when if we don't stand up for ours selves then the old saying is going to apply to all of us.

Limited action my arse,,I say block every road into and out of wellinton and have a full scale fucken riot,,,,with free beer.

Now ya talking!!!

Jeff Sichoe
20th September 2013, 16:28
Wonder how much $$ the Gorge Camera is gonna pull in that day - as everyone will wheel out their un-rego'd bikes to join in on the fun...

riffer
20th September 2013, 16:46
in New zealand being pissed means they will be too drunk to ride their motorcycle, where are you from?

Jeez Graeme, I'm shocked you don't recognise me. I mean, I've been in your garage and all.

All the way from Stokes Valley mate. Now resident in Upper Hutt.

riffer
20th September 2013, 16:48

Ordinarily I'd not be one to advocate rioting, but since you mentioned free beer you now have my attention.

How are we to allocate this beer - a six pack for every smashed windscreen, 1 keg of Tui for every car we overturn?

jellywrestler
20th September 2013, 16:49
Jeez Graeme, I'm shocked you don't recognise me. I mean, I've been in your garage and all.

All the way from Stokes Valley mate. Now resident in Upper Hutt.

yeah I do, I'm shocked you can't recognise a piss-take!

riffer
20th September 2013, 17:05
yeah I do, I'm shocked you can't recognise a piss-take!

My bad - I'm sick at home today. Obviously completely devoid a sense of humour mate.

Bassmatt
20th September 2013, 17:12
Its organised to be on a week after you announce it? Locals only?

Conquiztador
20th September 2013, 17:38
Its organised to be on a week after you announce it? Locals only?
I tend to agree with Bassmatt's concern. On a Thursday and a week away... The numbers might not be too great.

riffer
21st September 2013, 19:01
Well, firstly I didn't organise it. I'm just the fella copping the bullets (who'd be a messenger eh?)

I'm just passing some info on. I don't know about any organised plan yet to be honest - this is a few people just trying to gain some attention.

Who knows what will happen?

Grizzo
21st September 2013, 19:18

That!:laugh:Damn straight:niceone:

Flip
22nd September 2013, 19:02
Well count me in.

espcially if it involves this kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEP35DIPJJs

veldthui
23rd September 2013, 18:06
Yes, we're working on it.

September 26th. Thursday seems to be the one at the moment.

Details not finalised yet, but the idea is to congest traffic with a large amount of motorcycles, helping to raise awareness of how many of us there really are out there.

I'll get more information on here as soon as I can.

Simon
BRONZ

All that does is piss off all the other traffic who are going about their legal business. Go take your protests to the people who are causing the issue not innocent bystanders. Take your bike into ACC and block their doors. Yes I ride a bike and don't like the ACC charges but getting other road users to hate you for holding them up is not way to go about it. No wonder cage drivers don't care at times.

riffer
23rd September 2013, 19:55
All that does is piss off all the other traffic who are going about their legal business. Go take your protests to the people who are causing the issue not innocent bystanders. Take your bike into ACC and block their doors. Yes I ride a bike and don't like the ACC charges but getting other road users to hate you for holding them up is not way to go about it. No wonder cage drivers don't care at times.

Nice idea man, but it wouldn't work. You might as well shout at your telly.

Ocean1
23rd September 2013, 21:14
Who knows what will happen?

Sounds promising. Probably more effective if there's more than just a bookface item. Couple of days warning here might add a small few.