PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a South Island Racer/Rider (female preferred) who's game

Fast Eddie
23rd September 2013, 18:14
After purchasing a new sidecar, I am now looking to pick up our grid numbers at the Motorcycling Canterbury days, and possibly nationals and other events too.

I have a female swinger who is keen to start a female team on my old bike - looking for a confident and talented female solo rider or possibly not even a racer yet but with some talent/experience at going fast and controlling a race machine.

Bike is a Mo Haley build short chassis fitted with a YZF1000. You may have seen it around at club days, yellow number 35 the Team Agip bike.

If no females are keen for an all female team then will of course take a male rider, and possible even pick your own passenger if you so wish.

For the first 1 or 2 outings the bike will be avail at no charge - but a strict 'You bend it, you pay/fix it completely with no arguments, hassle or mucking around" rule.

After that I will look at leasing it out to a keen team for a more long term basis.

I will maintain the machine and transport it to and from the track etc etc - you simply have to pay the entry, turn up with some gas and ride!

It's a lot of fun, and hopefully someone will put any hesitations aside and give it a go. It's different but it doesnt take long before you get hooked! big time :D

Bike won't win NZ Champs but it does go alright, We run mid pack at the likes of Wanganui/Barry Sheene etc and when the bike is in confident/capable hands it can give more modern bikes a bit of a hurry up.

Good bike to ride and learn on. Sidecar racing is not for the faint hearted though! got to have some confidence to ride one.

Genuine inquiries PM me and will get a phone call going.

Cheers!

Next club Day is NOV 9th at Ruapuna. You will probably want to have at least 1 practice session before going to the club day. You will also need to customize the seating position etc to suit you. So the earlier you commit the more fun you'll have and the nicer the bike will be prepared for you.

nodrog
23rd September 2013, 20:14
Can I have a turn?

kiwi cowboy
23rd September 2013, 20:35
After purchasing a new sidecar, I am now looking to pick up our grid numbers at the Motorcycling Canterbury days, and possibly nationals and other events too.

I have a female swinger who is keen to start a female team on my old bike - looking for a confident and talented female solo rider or possibly not even a racer yet but with some talent/experience at going fast and controlling a race machine.

Bike is a Mo Haley build short chassis fitted with a YZF1000. You may have seen it around at club days, yellow number 35 the Team Agip bike.

If no females are keen for an all female team then will of course take a male rider, and possible even pick your own passenger if you so wish.

For the first 1 or 2 outings the bike will be avail at no charge - but a strict 'You bend it, you pay/fix it completely with no arguments, hassle or mucking around" rule.

After that I will look at leasing it out to a keen team for a more long term basis.

I will maintain the machine and transport it to and from the track etc etc - you simply have to pay the entry, turn up with some gas and ride!

It's a lot of fun, and hopefully someone will put any hesitations aside and give it a go. It's different but it doesnt take long before you get hooked! big time :D

Bike won't win NZ Champs but it does go alright, We run mid pack at the likes of Wanganui/Barry Sheene etc and when the bike is in confident/capable hands it can give more modern bikes a bit of a hurry up.

Good bike to ride and learn on. Sidecar racing is not for the faint hearted though! got to have some confidence to ride one.

Cheers!

Next club Day is NOV 9th at Ruapuna. You will probably want to have at least 1 practice session before going to the club day. You will also need to customize the seating position etc to suit you. So the earlier you commit the more fun you'll have and the nicer the bike will be prepared for you.

:lol:good onya kia and good luck.
I would but don't look good in a mini skirt and couldn't commit to enough race meets to make it worth it.

Fast Eddie
23rd September 2013, 20:38
Can I have a turn?

Of course you can, Gordy. Bit hard when you're on a different foreign island though.. Come on down and race the club scene?

nodrog
24th September 2013, 19:11
Of course you can, Gordy. Bit hard when you're on a different foreign island though.. Come on down and race the club scene?

Will you supply beer?

Fast Eddie
24th September 2013, 20:33
Yea, I'll buy you a house down here too so you're comfy

Kornholio
24th September 2013, 20:41
Can you ship the swinger up to the Waikato man... my swinger has bailed on me for good without even getting on the chair. :facepalm:

Fast Eddie
24th September 2013, 20:42
Can you ship the swinger up to the Waikato man... my swinger has bailed on me for good without even getting on the chair. :facepalm:

nah but bring the bike down here and she'll swing.

Fast Eddie
24th September 2013, 20:43
gutted though, some people just ain't cut out for it

Kevin G
25th September 2013, 09:02

Cheers!

Scout Fletcher maybe worth a call.

jellywrestler
25th September 2013, 09:08

have to put blocks on the pedals for her....

Fast Eddie
25th September 2013, 18:24
Oh yea, if Scout is interested she can PM me or find me on facebook.

Yea might need blocks haha - nah, the pedals are adjustable.. still its a big bike.. I think Tracey (pinky) gave it a ride up n down the street and said it wasnt that bad..

Kickaha
27th September 2013, 20:05
I thinks that's because Gordy told them you ride like an arsehole

I'd second that

Kornholio
27th September 2013, 22:19
I thinks that's because Gordy told them you ride like an arsehole

And that's because Gordon rides like a girl.... Crisis averted, seemed to have found some silly bugger up Auckland way that wants to have a crack... Young Dave is taking him out on Friday for a few laps to run him in for me heh :/

my_r32
30th September 2013, 15:12
I'd be keen as to have a crack! But only problem is I can't commit to racing just yet :( Would need some $$ in the bank for the whoopies if they happen and time off work since I'm so lucky and am hard at it Monday through Saturday.... havn't been to the track in a bout 2 years and its killing me :crybaby: