PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Gsx 1200 running a bit off

inazuma1200
26th September 2013, 17:23
Hello
I recently bought a Suzuki Gsx 1200 that was an insurance write off, (the front end had been replaced by previous owner)
when i got the bike it ran and ride fine and ive been riding it for a month with no problems
lately iv noticed its lost its throttle responsiveness it has a bit of lag when i hit the gas it feels like it builds up instead of just going
also it lurches when trying to sit at low revs which it never did before.
I know its a vague description but any ideas on what it could be would be helpful.

also the motor is high kms about 94000?

unstuck
26th September 2013, 17:30
Needs a tune up I would think.;)

AllanB
26th September 2013, 19:22
Tune up.

U can do the plugs, air filter, oil & oil filter and see how it runs.

SVboy
27th September 2013, 19:21
PM ROGSON of this forum. He is a gsx guru. I have one that had similar issues. The Kehin 32mm carbs are quite restricted in stock form. I rebuilt mine after advice from ROGSON using bigger mains, new gsx750 needles raised by one washer,o rings on the pilots and a 750 HIFLO aircleaner. Transformed the bike from a fuel sucking stumbling mess to a really nice powerful bike. They are great bikes.[ Iam picking worn carb needles as your main issue or possibly ovalised emulsion tubes]

F5 Dave
2nd October 2013, 12:31
. . .or possibly ovalised emulsion tubes]

+1 on that. pull the plugs. if they or a couple, are really sooty then that will be it.

Read the factorypro website for emulsion tubes

Drew
2nd October 2013, 12:36
Has this happened suddenly?