PDA

View Full Version : Other fun things????

Jackrat
14th January 2004, 18:46
So other than biking what else do we all do for fun.
I do a bit of hunting and fishing,Breed dogs and gold fish.
And I'm waiting for my daughter to produce some Grand kids so I can teach em' lots of bad habits. :D

bluninja
14th January 2004, 18:58
So other than biking what else do we all do for fun.
I do a bit of hunting and fishing,Breed dogs and gold fish.
And I'm waiting for my daughter to produce some Grand kids so I can teach em' lots of bad habits. :D
So what do you get when you breed dogs and goldfish:laugh:

I do judo, read sci fi books and comics, play alto saxaphone, go to the gym to look at the fit and trim people, and work on improving my mind :brick:

TTFN

curious george
14th January 2004, 19:02
More biking. Of the cycling type. Mostly road, but some MTB.
I'm trying to learn more about these newfandangled puter things.
I hassle KK to do work faster, and get of the damn internet when he should be working :laugh: :brick: :laugh:

Hey Jack, what does your dog/goldfish hybrid look like? Breed them you say?Damn GE'ers :devil2:

MadDuck
14th January 2004, 19:26
I go SCUBA diving..but havent worked out how to get damn tanks on the bike :mad:
Any ideas??? A new type of trailor perhaps :sweatdrop

James Deuce
14th January 2004, 19:33
Read Sci Fi, Play Computer games, Play Drums, Play with my kids, Play with the wife if she pays me, Eat, Drink, Do a part time Masters Degree.

marty
14th January 2004, 19:54
i surf (in waves mostly), race BMX (not as competently as my 12 year old though grrr), spend far too much time looking for ways to extend myself - done a couple of ironmans, 5 years of endurance multisport racing - not raced endurance for 2 years though - kids and bmx put paid to that - but are going to get back into at least 1/2 ironman distance so it doesn't hurt too much when i step up to full distance again, spend heaps of time at school with the kids (joys of shift work), ride my bike WAY too fast, just bought a performance surf ski to get back into paddling (broke the last one at the mount), last really out of it day i had was a single day circumnavigation of mt ngaruahoe - usually a 3 day tramp over 40kms. see here - i'd recommend it

http://www.doc.govt.nz/Explore/002~Tracks-and-Walks/Great-Walks/Tongariro-Northern-Circuit.asp

i want to do around ruapehu next, but i'll have to lose some weight first - that's about 85k around the base track.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/Explore/002~Tracks-and-Walks/By-Region/007~Tongariro-Taupo/010~Round-the-Mountain-Track.asp

oh yeah and i'm buying a bike that i can take the missus on too.

marty
14th January 2004, 20:02
I go SCUBA diving..but havent worked out how to get damn tanks on the bike :mad:
Any ideas??? A new type of trailor perhaps :sweatdrop

i dare you to ride out to your favourite dive spot in your dive gear - just wear your tanks and wetsuit on the bike!

MadDuck
14th January 2004, 20:11
Damn that would make a good photo....

Not sure about the fins and changing gear it could get ugly over the Brynderwyns :whistle:

marty
14th January 2004, 20:16
bungee the fins onto the side of the seat/rear cowl - turn the vtr into a batbike!

MadDuck
14th January 2004, 20:21
ROFLMFAO...the VTR bat bike...now there is a seller for Honda if ever I heard one :Punk:

marty
14th January 2004, 20:28
or duck tape them onto the side of your helmet like some rocket powered super hero wearing your booster tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riffer
14th January 2004, 21:01
Obviously, I like to hang with my kids (3, 4, 5) and wife, when not riding or working.

Other things - an avid photographer - my favourite cameras - Olympus OM series - I have a number of them and stacks of lenses - drives the wife mad with my collecting ;)

I have also played guitar for 31 years now - proud owner of a 1988 Gibson Les Paul and Marshall Stack (owned since new), with Boss GT3 effects system - not playing in bands right now but have played lead and rhythm guitar for 20-odd years now. Hard Rock and Metal of course.

Other than that, computers of course. Own half a dozen with various Oses - windows, Linux, Unix, etc.

Pretty normal really :innocent:

Motu
14th January 2004, 21:05
I'm a sad case...sorry,but I ride bikes for fun
If I strangely have some time to kill I'll spend some time with my young boys,read,read,read,used to make horrible noises on my bass guitar,alto and C melody saxes,I'd like to get the C melody out again for a honk,I really like that horn,but it's so bloody loud - like having a BSA Goldstar on an open meggy in the lounge (if I had a lounge)

LB
15th January 2004, 05:12
I'm with Motu on this one - I ride bikes for fun. My husband is equally into them as me, so I don't have to spend any time doing the "family" thing (we don't have kids anyway). When I'm out riding I like to stop every now and then for a good coffee and good food.

I like music but don't listen to it much these days. Haven't been to the movies for years. Might make an exception for "Torque" but it's probably a crap story. Martin Henderson, a Kiwi, is the star. He used to be in Shortland Street then went to Hollywood. I read a bit but not as much as I used to. Don't watch much TV.

So yeah, once I've been to work and ridden bikes, there ain't much left of the week.

Shit, don't I sound a boring old fart.

LB
15th January 2004, 05:15
Oh, there is one other thing. I love bike racing, so often am at the track at the weekends (Manfeild, Taupo, Pukekohe, Ruapuna plus of course the annual pilgrimage to Wanganui). Sometimes take the car to race meetings (esp in winter) as it's easier than carting bike gear round all day in the hot sun. Also sometimes pitcrew for mates and don't like leaving gear round in the pits. (I had a Bell helmet stolen from the pits at a Six Hour one year, and haven't really recovered despite extensive counselling)

boris
15th January 2004, 07:07
used to be into mtb riding,but all the dirt motorbikes have made the place to dangerous,like to cycle touring ,rode 4500km thought euro in 2001 Holland to Corsica.(Corsica is way nice place no KFC (or PFK French)or MICK D's,hot sun nice beaches cheap camping) .My main hobbie would be complaning and moaning about all things from Abba on the radio to things from the usa.Man i hate G.W. Bush i would happly put a bullet though his head.

I still like punk rock,the old real stuff not this (green day)pop punk shit.

Sharkey
15th January 2004, 07:46
You people make me feel boring.

I tend to read. I enjoy fiction mostly, and a good variety. I took some dancing lessons last year - Salsa and Hussle, and would like to get back into that. I also have all these great schemes for learning Spanish. I am also spending a little bit of time investigating a business idea with a mate.

georgedubyabush
15th January 2004, 07:48
I still like punk rock,the old real stuff not this (green day)pop punk shit.

What are you talking about??? Blink 182 invented Punk Rock in 1999 with Enema of the State... :calm:

MrMelon
15th January 2004, 08:00
I used to play a lot of computer games.. haven't really been playing much lately though cos I've been quite busy doing a bunch of computer exams for work..
I get out on the mountain bike a fair bit, and go to the gym fairly regularly. I'm trying to get back into playing paintball in a social league this year :D
Still nothing beats leaving work early and going for a blast over the paekak hill road a couple of times :D

jrandom
15th January 2004, 08:07
Hah! Like I'm supposed to have spare time with two kids under 2 and a full-time job.

Anyway... I read a lot (when I can). Just finished 'Quicksilver' by Neal Stephenson (kind of not-a-sequel to Cryptonomicon). Can recommend it.

Last couple of years I've been out of the gym, but I'm back again now, trying to train seriously... would like to get to the point of doing some competitive powerlifting meets next year but we'll see how that goes :rolleyes:

I play the piano, but don't have one at the moment :(

Thass about it really.

marty
15th January 2004, 08:36
is it sad that i bought Never Mind The Bollocks on CD at the warehouse for $4.99 last week?

and have listened to it about 100 times since?

riffer
15th January 2004, 09:40
[QUOTE=marty]is it sad that i bought Never Mind The Bollocks on CD at the warehouse for $4.99 last week?[QUOTE]

Not as sad as me having the original vinyl pressing on green vinyl (Had it from new)

Maybe I should try and sell it on trademe. Might be worth something...

and george dubya - surely you're joking? As they said in High Fidelity, bands like green day and Blink 182 would have been nowhere without Stiff Little Fingers, and they weren't anywhere near the first punk rockers.:brick:

750Y
15th January 2004, 10:27
a jar of hair gel doesn't make You a punk rocker.

Ms Piggy
15th January 2004, 11:23
Well I just finished my first year at Uni last year - at age 32 it's kinda a scary but really rewarding thing! I'm doing a Bachelor of Social Work. So at the moment I'm on summer break and when I start back it will be back to having virtually no social life b/c I'll be too busy studying!! :wacko:

In the meantime I fill in my days by walking my dog, reading, love most music, love the movies, hanging out with friends (none of whom ride), drinking, love the beach and I want to figure out a way to be able to take my dog with me on the bike - she is too big to stuff down my jacket.

Actually at the moment I'm spending most of my time with my Mum who I hadn't seen in 2 & a hald years before she came back to N.Z after being in the U.K working - she's leaving again soon, so I'll be an orphan again :weep:

I've only been ridng a month so once my Mum goes I'll be on the bike LOTS more!!

KATWYN
15th January 2004, 11:40
You lucky thing studying full time. I started a bus psych degree last year but could only do part time and two double semester papers. I don't know when I can do another paper. But I reakon too manage full time like you would be awesome.

Motoracer
15th January 2004, 11:43
I want to figure out a way to be able to take my dog with me on the bike

I have seen a farm dog jump on top of a small platform bolted on at the back of a dirtbike and hanging on to dear life as the bike went offroad. The dog loved it as well!

This other time while at Russel, I saw a small dog water sking.

Now if only I could do something with my cat thats scared of literally everything. <_<

Firefight
15th January 2004, 12:07
Now if only I could do something with my cat thats scared of literally everything. <_<

Hey MR, guy at my work took his cat to a pet Shrink :eek: , WTF is that about ?, he tried to keep it a secret, but his missus told her mate, who told , yada yada, anyway we found out and gave him shit for weeks, spent a shit load of money, and still that cats skizto :crazy:

Sorry mate, but give me dogs anytime .

Firefight.

Motoracer
15th January 2004, 12:22
Hey MR, guy at my work took his cat to a pet Shrink :eek: , WTF is that about ?, he tried to keep it a secret, but his missus told her mate, who told , yada yada, anyway we found out and gave him shit for weeks, spent a shit load of money, and still that cats skizto :crazy:.

PMPLROTF :lol:

I love all animals but cats have less costs attached and they are really cool in their own way.

Gixxer
15th January 2004, 13:13
i like playing playstation 2 and PC games (shoot em up)and watching old cowboy, kung fu and ganster movies.
I am learning to surf this year.
i like to get out on my mountain bike and kayak whenever possible.
i like going to the gym and I play Gridiron.
and I like to ride my bike :ar15:

Ms Piggy
15th January 2004, 13:39
I have seen a farm dog jump on top of a small platform bolted on at the back of a dirtbike and hanging on to dear life as the bike went offroad. The dog loved it as well!

This other time while at Russel, I saw a small dog water sking.

Hmmmmmmm, yeah well my girl is scared of the bike & would also been keen as to chase any cats she might spy while we're out cruising! :doh:

Ms Piggy
15th January 2004, 14:17
You lucky thing studying full time. I started a bus psych degree last year but could only do part time and two double semester papers. I don't know when I can do another paper. But I reakon too manage full time like you would be awesome.

Yeah well I am lucky b/c I don't have any other comitments ie. no kids, no mortgage, no major debts, no hubby etc, etc. Sheesh how depressing!! :laugh:

Jackrat
15th January 2004, 14:33
PMPLROTF :lol:

I love all animals but cats have less costs attached and they are really cool in their own way.
My place is full of animals,Dogs,cats,birds,horses,a few scruffy cows,lots of fish and some chooks.We all seem to get on.I have never been able to work out why so many people hate cats,I am pretty much a dog person but the cats are cool as well.As for taking a cat to a shrink,well I don,t reckon it's the cat thats nuts :laugh:

matthewt
15th January 2004, 14:41
As for taking a cat to a shrink,well I don,t reckon it's the cat thats nuts :laugh:

Yup, couldn't agree more !!

Personally I've trained our cat to do exactly what it wants :msn-wink:

SPman
15th January 2004, 16:35
I sit round and wank a lot....or do I do it on here.?...or is that Wkid1....I'm getting confused.... excuse me, I think I need a lie down!

Coldkiwi
15th January 2004, 16:47
Can't be you SP, you haven't been posting enough recently.

My past time consists of latin/american ball room dancing (with my fiancee of course), making coffee (at home or the church cafe), helping plan our wedding for June, staying up too late and watching wierd and wonderful documentaries on Discovery Channel/Nat Geographic (oh yes, and the Muppets.. is it on Disney at Midnight solely for my benefit?), played trombone quite a bit (but I'd rather ride now than practice so that may get stored for a few years).. and reading that huge collection of bike magazines donated by Nhuahn! (anyone want to come get some?)

Indiana_Jones
15th January 2004, 16:53
I like to make models.
And school is kinda fun :D

-Indy

Motu
15th January 2004, 17:35
I like to make models...
-Indy

????? well? what do you like to make them do? take their clothes off? lap dance? can I come around and help you with your models?

wkid_one
15th January 2004, 18:08
Mixed - most of the spare time is training the dog.....mixed between some computing, golf, snooker blah blah blah

marty
15th January 2004, 23:09
*laughing out load at spman and motu*

What?
16th January 2004, 08:53
I like riding bikes.
I also like watching other people riding bikes really fast.
And I like fishing, reading and listening to music.
Shooting takes up some of my time, too - bunnies, possums and clay birds with a spot of pheasant hunting here and there.

What I don't like is having to work for a living (it gets in the way of all the above) and computer games (just can't see the point).

Oscar
16th January 2004, 10:42
Oh, there is one other thing. I love bike racing, so often am at the track at the weekends (Manfeild, Taupo, Pukekohe, Ruapuna plus of course the annual pilgrimage to Wanganui). Sometimes take the car to race meetings (esp in winter) as it's easier than carting bike gear round all day in the hot sun. Also sometimes pitcrew for mates and don't like leaving gear round in the pits. (I had a Bell helmet stolen from the pits at a Six Hour one year, and haven't really recovered despite extensive counselling)

Which six-hour did you work at, Linda?

Motu
16th January 2004, 11:40
You want to return the helmet after all these years? just keep it.

Oscar
16th January 2004, 12:41
You want to return the helmet after all these years? just keep it.
It doesn't fit...

Motu
16th January 2004, 13:04
ah...good point,ask for a refund?

georgedubyabush
16th January 2004, 14:31
and george dubya - surely you're joking? As they said in High Fidelity, bands like green day and Blink 182 would have been nowhere without Stiff Little Fingers, and they weren't anywhere near the first punk rockers.:brick:

Very much joking :Punk:
It was actually Offspring - Smash in 1996. Nah, just yanking your chain.

Jackrat
16th January 2004, 22:40
Hey George dubba,Hows the KZ going???
Better than your taste in music I hope :whistle:

georgedubyabush
17th January 2004, 08:29
Hey George dubba,Hows the KZ going???
Better than your taste in music I hope :whistle:

Like the day it was made. Not getting ridden much though. Old man lost his licence, too many tickets in his Skyline. I take her out now and then but she needs new tyres.

Hmmmm, well. So says he who chooses to keep quiet about his musical tastes... I'm not really into the radio punk either. Some newer bands I really like though (whether they qualify as punk or not). Propaghandi, Dropkick Murphys, lagwagon, NUFAN, Nofx, Rancid etc. Ramones, Descendents, Bad Religion, Operation Ivy & Clash are about as old as I get.

Seems to almost be enough musicians on here for a jam. I pretend to play guitar also. Got a USA Strat and Peavey Quad. Used to jam with a few guys when I lived South which I miss living in the wops.

Marmoot
17th January 2004, 10:38
Hi everybody, my name is Marmoot and I like Fireblades.

I also like cross-stich, paper-folding, cooking and trying new recipy (very exciting). I also like shopping and talking about the newest gossip about celebrities. I tried bingo but not much luck, I'm afraid.
:sunny:

Jackrat
17th January 2004, 16:57
Like the day it was made. Not getting ridden much though. Old man lost his licence, too many tickets in his Skyline. I take her out now and then but she needs new tyres.

Hmmmm, well. So says he who chooses to keep quiet about his musical tastes... I'm not really into the radio punk either. Some newer bands I really like though (whether they qualify as punk or not). Propaghandi, Dropkick Murphys, lagwagon, NUFAN, Nofx, Rancid etc. Ramones, Descendents, Bad Religion, Operation Ivy & Clash are about as old as I get.

Seems to almost be enough musicians on here for a jam. I pretend to play guitar also. Got a USA Strat and Peavey Quad. Used to jam with a few guys when I lived South which I miss living in the wops.

Hmmm, the only one of them Iv'e even heard of is the Clash.
I like old blues mainly,but listen to just about anything,
I also play blues Harp and the drums,But as my mates never fail to point out,
That don't make me a mus'o. :rolleyes:
I can see it now, The KB Blues band.Oh yeah :2thumbsup

KATWYN
17th January 2004, 18:06
Hi everybody, my name is Marmoot and I like Fireblades.

I also like cross-stich, paper-folding, cooking and trying new recipy (very exciting). I also like shopping and talking about the newest gossip about celebrities. I tried bingo but not much luck, I'm afraid.
:sunny:

Hmmm bit of a dark horse aye. Fireblade junky by day - warm milk,
cookies and cross stitch by night :banana:

Redstar
17th January 2004, 18:32
Redstar is an Inline roller hockey referee. If I had my time again I'd play Ice :cold: hockey.I went to the track day today at Pukekohe. It was actually a good day out there were three bikes tracking and three more watching. One chap on a suzi 750 did a respectable 1min 12 I might have a go next time it really was a good day out we should all meet there next time.
:niceone:

Drunken Monkey
17th January 2004, 23:39
Wow, what a varied and diverse group we are indeed...
In what little spare time I have these days I like to go MTBiking, play golf and race/fiddle with cars. Car racing is generally limited to drag racing, but I have motorkhana'd in the past also, and would like to build a rally car.
Where less intensive activities are called for, I dabble in photography or play online games. I also fancy myself a bit of a cordon bleu.