PDA

View Full Version : Race exhaust wanted for GSX-R750F

Fiddy40
29th September 2013, 13:04
Anyone had a full race exhaust system made in NZ, I need/want to have one made for a GSXR750F.Made a couple of inquiries already but would like to hear from those that have had one made, I have the original but do not want to use on the track, any thoughts! Cheers Pete

Grumph
29th September 2013, 14:40
Any aftermarket pipe for an air/oil GSXR750 can be made to fit and will be better than the OE F pipe.

Must be something around s/hand surely. Much cheaper than making new.

Fiddy40
29th September 2013, 17:41
Had a look and can't see anything that does the job, did see a set of pipes on a F that looked the part but is it a race pipe? what I mean is are the pipe lengths suited to the cylinder firing order etc, don,t get me wrong, I have no bloody idea about the set up, just want to make sure that the money I cross palms with is in the right direction and the builder knows what they are talking about, ............. cheers

Rcktfsh
29th September 2013, 17:49
Recommend Custom Chambers in Auckland, made a system for my FZR600. I'm in Hamilton so pm if you want to see what his works like.

Grumph
30th September 2013, 06:16
Had a look and can't see anything that does the job, did see a set of pipes on a F that looked the part but is it a race pipe? what I mean is are the pipe lengths suited to the cylinder firing order etc, don,t get me wrong, I have no bloody idea about the set up, just want to make sure that the money I cross palms with is in the right direction and the builder knows what they are talking about, ............. cheers

I'd make a few points here, based on experience. Firstly, a race pipe for what i assume is a pre 89 750 does not have to make the last ounce of HP - it has to be lighter than stock and quiet. If you find or make an extreme pipe, on one of them, it may well make it much harder to ride. Given that in NZ pipe available comes in quite coarse diameter steps, the difference between 1 1/2in OD headers and 1 5/8 in OD headers can be considerable. On a mild motor 1 1/2 in is just right, 1 5/8 in usually leaves a huge hole in the middle of the range.

I'd ring around wreckers and ask if they've got anything. Old pipes don't usually make it onto their trademe listings. A good road pipe with a light can on it would probably suit you fine.

Fiddy40
30th September 2013, 06:43
I'd make a few points here, based on experience. Firstly, a race pipe for what i assume is a pre 89 750 does not have to make the last ounce of HP - it has to be lighter than stock and quiet. If you find or make an extreme pipe, on one of them, it may well make it much harder to ride. Given that in NZ pipe available comes in quite coarse diameter steps, the difference between 1 1/2in OD headers and 1 5/8 in OD headers can be considerable. On a mild motor 1 1/2 in is just right, 1 5/8 in usually leaves a huge hole in the middle of the range.

I'd ring around wreckers and ask if they've got anything. Old pipes don't usually make it onto their trademe listings. A good road pipe with a light can on it would probably suit you fine.

Thanks for the info, will certainly do more looking, have a yoshi pipe sitting around so that sorts that.
Cheers