PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi servicing?

Blackbird
30th September 2013, 12:17
A friend of a friend is coming back from Aussie shortly for a holiday. He keeps a Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport here and wants to get it serviced, carbs set up properly and ideally dyno run too as it hasn't been ridden for a long time. Is there anyone who has an acknowledged reputation with Guzzi servicing in the Auckland or Hamilton area? How about reputable dyno operators?

Any recommendations would be welcome thanks! :2thumbsup

Cheers

Geoff

Edbear
30th September 2013, 13:08
A friend of a friend is coming back from Aussie shortly for a holiday. He keeps a Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport here and wants to get it serviced, carbs set up properly and ideally dyno run too as it hasn't been ridden for a long time. Is there anyone who has an acknowledged reputation with Guzzi servicing in the Auckland or Hamilton area? How about reputable dyno operators?

Cheers

Geoff

You could ask Ray Clee, RCM Performance in Henderson, he sets up the race bikes. He's just done Stroudy's old one for Choppa. Not sure if he's into MG's but he's a top bloke on the dyno.

Blackbird
30th September 2013, 13:16
You could ask Ray Clee, RCM Performance in Henderson, he sets up the race bikes. He's just done Stroudy's old one for Choppa. Not sure if he's into MG's but he's a top bloke on the dyno.

Thanks Ed, really appreciate it and will pass it on :clap:

Gremlin
30th September 2013, 13:29
http://www.motoguzzi.net.nz/Dealers.html

You've got dealers in Auckland (Red Baron - I wouldn't trust them) and Morrinsville (NV Motorcycles - know nothing about them). Remember that Salero Holdings is the importer, so good luck getting any parts via official channels in a timely manner.

I'd suggest you'd be best off with a MG owner advising on private people they trust with MG servicing.

Edbear
30th September 2013, 13:36
Thanks Ed, really appreciate it and will pass it on :clap:

Yup and everyone knows him. Him and Dave Cole have been around a long time, but Dave's out of town, I think he's Waiuku way.

Blackbird
30th September 2013, 13:47
http://www.motoguzzi.net.nz/Dealers.html

You've got dealers in Auckland (Red Baron - I wouldn't trust them) and Morrinsville (NV Motorcycles - know nothing about them). Remember that Salero Holdings is the importer, so good luck getting any parts via official channels in a timely manner.

I'd suggest you'd be best off with a MG owner advising on private people they trust with MG servicing.

Thanks Alan - I was a bit suss about Red Baron too and was rather hoping for owner recommendations!

Cracker
30th September 2013, 16:45
Jon Cooke 0220621341 did a hell of a good job on carbs and general engine performance on my Mark 3, no need for dyno. He is mobile and knows a lot.

jellywrestler
30th September 2013, 17:08
Is there anyone who has an acknowledged reputation with Guzzi servicing in the Auckland or Hamilton area?

Yup and everyone knows him. Him and Dave Cole have been around a long time, but Dave's out of town, I think he's Waiuku way. isn't Waiuku somewhere between Auckland and Hamilton Ed???

Edbear
30th September 2013, 17:19
isn't Waiuku somewhere between Auckland and Hamilton Ed???

You are right of course. Forgot about the Hamilton bit. :blank:

Blackbird
30th September 2013, 17:33
Jon Cooke 0220621341 did a hell of a good job on carbs and general engine performance on my Mark 3, no need for dyno. He is mobile and knows a lot.

Cheers Cracker, will pass it on! Looks like he will be spoiled for choice!

Edbear
30th September 2013, 17:48
Cheers Cracker, will pass it on! Looks like he will be spoiled for choice!

Hey, if he needs a battery... :whistle:

jellywrestler
30th September 2013, 17:57
Hey, if he needs a battery... :whistle:

you'd happily pass his details on to one of your loyal dealers wouldn't you Ed?

Paul in NZ
1st October 2013, 07:03

Cheers

Geoff

haha - tell the old coot that he will need to stop falling off it first ;-)

(I assume its mals black one that stayed with us a couple of times)

if not please ignore

Edbear
1st October 2013, 09:48
you'd happily pass his details on to one of your loyal dealers wouldn't you Ed?

I have a couple of good dealers here, depends on where he wants to get one from, should he want one, of course.

Motomoto
3rd November 2014, 21:31
Hi,

After reading this thread and trying Jon's number (no answer, no reply), can anyone recommend a reputable Guzzi guru in the Auckland area? Not asking for much, just regular servicing, replace gasket/seal, etc.

After 7+ visits to Red Baron over the past 3 years with a constant rocker cover oil leak within 700kms after each visit, am a little fed up.

Thanks - Marc

awayatc
4th November 2014, 05:18
Rocker cover on guzzi.......

cant imagine that being hard to do....

cylinders sticking out nice and handy.....

GrayWolf
4th November 2014, 07:34
Dont know about dealers/servicing these days (been a while since my last Guzzi) but the guy who imports parts quickly and LESS expensively than the importing crowd is based in Chch, I'm pretty sure if you find an MG owner they will be able to give you the details of contact....

jeeron
4th November 2014, 09:25
Having a 1995 1100 sport (between me and my dad), and did all the maintenance on it for the last 7 years (~65.000km). I can tell you with just a few tools and torque wrench + workshop manual you can easily service the bike yourself. There is nothing easier than an old Guzzi. Get a carbtune with it for the carbs and you're all set.

The only reason we have contemplated doing a dyno run with it, is because we put some K&N filters on it instead of the airbox and different mufflers. And still with just the above tools, the bike runs awesome and still no dyno run.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/acrR2t3h7L5-mLNgGZpPHbA8FihO87BisKNhkFJ9UFw=w600