PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

jellywrestler
2nd October 2013, 07:59
this season hasn't finished yet but it's close enough to start to reel in some of those rumours for 14 like is Stoner making a comeback???

steveyb
2nd October 2013, 08:08
"Casey Stoner to launch new motorcycle racing career in Moto3 at Laguna Seca round of MotoGP in 2014".

You heard it here first........

quickbuck
2nd October 2013, 09:02
Once you Retire.... NEVER (try) and make a Come Back......
Things move along too much while you were away etc etc... and you are never as fast as you think you were..... ;)

tail_end_charlie
2nd October 2013, 12:21
Well, finally getting an American in Moto2 (http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Sep/130929jackpot.htm) .......but I'm not expecting too much from Herrin to be honest. He's a good rider, but I doubt that will be good enough in Moto2. They probably should have gone after Cameron Beaubier.

jellywrestler
10th November 2013, 09:49
so with Rossi and Burgess going separate ways whose burgess going to work for and who'll be Rossi's bitch one wonders?

Drew
10th November 2013, 10:23
so with Rossi and Burgess going separate ways whose burgess going to work for and who'll be Rossi's bitch one wonders?I would urge Burgess to retire...Unless Suzuki can offer him a good enough deal. But even then, without a seriously talented rider he should prolly turn it down.

As for Rossi's garage, I imagine there is already someone with a signed contract for next year.

I'm not suggesting anything here, merely wondering. Was Burgess as instrumental in the Yamaha being competitive once Rossi got on it all those years ago, as has always been said? I always thought so, what with the thing being so uncompetitive and then not. But could it also have been that Rossi just got on it and did what Stoner did with the Ducati? The bike is better now, since even the tech 3 bikes can be punted along at the pointy end of the field from time to time. But we've never seen Jeorge ride anything else, and I don't recall seeing anyone other than Rossi or him win on the thing.

All just musings, and questions without answer of course. As you were.

BMWST?
10th November 2013, 11:40
I would urge Burgess to retire...Unless Suzuki can offer him a good enough deal. But even then, without a seriously talented rider he should prolly turn it down.

As for Rossi's garage, I imagine there is already someone with a signed contract for next year.

I'm not suggesting anything here, merely wondering. Was Burgess as instrumental in the Yamaha being competitive once Rossi got on it all those years ago, as has always been said? I always thought so, what with the thing being so uncompetitive and then not. But could it also have been that Rossi just got on it and did what Stoner did with the Ducati? The bike is better now, since even the tech 3 bikes can be punted along at the pointy end of the field from time to time. But we've never seen Jeorge ride anything else, and I don't recall seeing anyone other than Rossi or him win on the thing.

All just musings, and questions without answer of course. As you were.

i dont think the Yamaha was as much of a dog as everyone thought.I think the bike that rossi jumped on was actually very good out of the box,and this has been suggested elsewhere before.

husaberg
10th November 2013, 11:52
Drew if you follow Burgess's CV you will see how success happens around him, it has to be more than a co-incidence.

Looking to extend his racing career, in February 1980, Burgess decided to visit Europe to observe the Grand Prix racing scene. But he quickly figured out that he wasn't as young or as well financed as he would need to make it.

Staying with a friend in Surbiton, Surrey, who worked for Suzuki UK, at Burgess's request his friend put his name forward for a mechanic's job with Texaco Heron Team Suzuki at Beddington Lane in Croydon, South London. He already knew team racer Graeme Crosby (who he had raced against); mechanics Mick Smith and crew chief George Vukmanovich (who worked as a mechanic on the Australian circuit in 1978); and had met Randy Mamola in New Zealand in 1976.

Employed as a mechanic on Mamola's GP team, in July 1980, Mamola won the Belgian GP. Burgess remained with Mamola and Vukmanovich at Suzuki until 1983, when he moved to Honda with whom he was to stay for the next 21 years.
Honda: 1983-2003

Moving to Honda, Burgess became chief mechanic to British rider Ron Haslam. In 1985, Burgess was transferred by Honda to Freddie Spencer's support team working for crew chief Erv Kanemoto and preparing Spencer's 500cc machinery. 1985 was Spencer's remarkable "double" year when he won the 250cc and 500cc World Titles, the first time Burgess had prepared a World Championship-winning motorcycle.

The following year, 1986, Burgess was promoted to crew chief of fellow Australian Wayne Gardner, who won the title the following year (1987). In 1989, Burgess became crew chief to Mick Doohan, who went on to win Premier World Championships in five successive years between 1994 and 1998.

After Doohan retired in 1999 due to injuries, Burgess was thinking about quitting; he had witnessed too many major crashes and allegedly didn't want to be a part of it any more. But when Valentino Rossi was given the opportunity to race with Honda, he said the only way Honda would get him was if Burgess was his engineer. Burgess became crew chief to Rossi in what was Rossi's debut year riding in the premier (500cc) class, and helped mastermind Rossi’s seven world titles (five in successive years from 2001 to 2005) in 500cc/MotoGP.
Yamaha: 2004-2010

In 2004, Rossi moved from Honda to rival manufacturer Yamaha accompanied by Burgess and other crew members. Despite different machinery and only a few weeks Yamaha experience, by April 2004, the Rossi-Burgess partnership had transformed Yamaha's previously mediocre success into a victory at their first title race, the South African GP at Welkom.
Ducati: 2011-12

In post-season 2010, Rossi signed a two year contract with Ducati for the 2011 and 2012 seasons and once again convinced Burgess to be part of his team. Burgess also transferred most of his crew, mainly Australians and New Zealanders
The harder you work the luckier you get

Bender
10th November 2013, 12:57
The Yamaha can't have been that bad, it just needed final set-up.

Since that time, until the day Rossi slung his leg over the Ducati, he and Burgess carried the legend of being the best development team in the business. The two years with Ducati raised some questionmarks over this. I doubt that we'll ever learn the truth.

But, as I said on the 2013 thread, Aprilia are in need of some experience since their man jumped ship to Ducati and they have announced a full-on MGP effort for 2015. Could be Burgess might end up there.

jellywrestler
10th November 2013, 13:19

Since that time, until the day Rossi slung his leg over the Ducati, he and Burgess carried the legend of being the best development team in the business. The two years with Ducati raised some questionmarks over this. I doubt that we'll ever learn the truth.

did they get what they asked for to change things, the japs are well refined at doing this but the eyties have a different work ethic

Drew
10th November 2013, 13:31
did they get what they asked for to change things, the japs are well refined at doing this but the eyties have a different work ethic
That's how I've always seen it. But I'm hardly looking from an educated position, so I'm as likely to be wrong as right.

GD66
10th November 2013, 19:23

As I recall, Burgess and Rossi wanted to go the Big Bang direction, but Yamaha factory hierarchy refused, seeing alteration to the proposed spec as losing face. (Not as bad as losing races, though, is it ?)
But team manager Furusawa saw the value in going down the Big Bang road and convinced the management it was essential, so they flew into it and knocked it up in double-quick time, the results were soon evident.
As you've pointed out Jelly, getting Ducati to respond to ANY rider request is unlikely at best. And since the much-trumpeted Audi takeover, what's changed ?
Absolutely SFA...

BMWST?
10th November 2013, 20:40
As I recall, Burgess and Rossi wanted to go the Big Bang direction, but Yamaha factory hierarchy refused, seeing alteration to the proposed spec as losing face. (Not as bad as losing races, though, is it ?)
But team manager Furusawa saw the value in going down the Big Bang road and convinced the management it was essential, so they flew into it and knocked it up in double-quick time, the results were soon evident.
As you've pointed out Jelly, getting Ducati to respond to ANY rider request is unlikely at best. And since the much-trumpeted Audi takeover, what's changed ?
Absolutely SFA...
i firmly beleive they dont know what to change...Audi wouldnt,

BMWST?
10th November 2013, 21:01
warm up on sommett sport now

F5 Dave
11th November 2013, 13:24
I would urge Burgess to retire.... ..
Good idea, flick him an email I'm sure it will crystalise it for him.

Actually every interview I've read he talks about retiring to try finish projects at home.

Drew
11th November 2013, 18:32
Good idea, flick him an email I'm sure it will crystalise it for him.Just my opinion that receives the sracasm Dave?

Actually every interview I've read he talks about retiring to try finish projects at home.Is said home in New Zealand? (I haven't got this wrong too have I, he is a Kiwi eh?)

GD66
11th November 2013, 18:50
Ah, well, no. He's from Adelaide. However I think he was over for the Marlboro series one year on an RG500.

mhbarber
11th November 2013, 21:30

But, as I said on the 2013 thread, Aprilia are in need of some experience since their man jumped ship to Ducati and they have announced a full-on MGP effort for 2015. Could be Burgess might end up there.

Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; maybe just hung on too long. Or, doing the right thing and making someone TAKE his ride off him. I hope it's the latter.

jellywrestler
11th November 2013, 21:35
Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; maybe just hung on too long. Or, doing the right thing and making someone TAKE his ride off him. I hope it's the latter.

as long as he enjoys it and the crowd make him welcome what's so wrong about him being out there?
tis a sport after all and not everyone wins in each race it's not a possibility

Reckless
11th November 2013, 22:08
Silvano Galbusera Confirmed as Crew Chief of Valentino Rossi for 2014

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/galbusera+new+rossi+crew+chief

Drew
12th November 2013, 05:24
as long as he enjoys it and the crowd make him welcome what's so wrong about him being out there?
tis a sport after all and not everyone wins in each race it's not a possibilityAnd he's putting the bike on the podium a bit too, lets not forget.

Fuck I wish Suzuki would take Bautista back for 2015...Hmm, just realised that perhaps the reason Suzuki aren't back next year could be due to a rider's current contract. Hadn't occured to me till now, but I'm prolly just way behind the eight ball as usual.

DidJit
12th November 2013, 07:01
First impressions from the Twittersphere are that Pol is working steadily, getting used to the electronics but loving the power and the tires; Scott spent a lot of time talking with Cristian Gabbarini; Cal likes the stability under braking, acceleration, seamless gear box and has some ideas for the understeer issue; Jorge set the fastest time (http://motomatters.com/results/2013/11/11/2013_valencia_post_race_test_day_1_times.html) with Vale 0.093 behind; Marc and Dani amongst others elected not to test the first day.

F5 Dave
12th November 2013, 08:15
Just my opinion that receives the sracasm Dave? . . .

Yes, why yes it does.:msn-wink:

. . .Is said home in New Zealand? (I haven't got this wrong too have I, he is a Kiwi eh?)
Nah he's an Awwstraleeann.

Rossi is the Roger Federer of bike racing; . . .
The who?

DidJit
12th November 2013, 10:09
Piccies of Cal (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/cal-crutchlow-ducati-desmosedici-valencia-test-photos/) and some (http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2013/motogp/valencia/test1/) others (http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/season/2013/Other)...

Mental Trousers
12th November 2013, 11:07

tis a sport after all and not everyone wins in each race it's not a possibility

I thought Rossi would be able to keep a ride for years just because of the amount of publicity he attracts. However, if you were to look at the crowds during the later half of the season the amount of Rossi yellow in the crowd has been dropping in favour of a lot of Marquez red.

Looks to me like the gloss of being Valentino Rossi is fading big time, especially as he isn't able to get close to Marquez when MM is back in third place. So ditching Jezza looks like Rossi is realizing this and getting a bit desperate.

GD66
12th November 2013, 11:10
I thought Rossi would be able to keep a ride for years just because of the amount of publicity he attracts. However, if you were to look at the crowds during the later half of the season the amount of Rossi yellow in the crowd has been dropping in favour of a lot of Marquez red.

True. He's already three years into that concept.

Mental Trousers
12th November 2013, 11:21
Silvano Galbusera Confirmed as Crew Chief of Valentino Rossi for 2014

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/galbusera+new+rossi+crew+chief

That's a good appointment. Be interesting to see if it's the change that's needed. See how it goes through 2014 and if he's not getting any wins retire before he becomes one of those that have held on too long (although some reckon he has already).

DidJit
12th November 2013, 12:50
Some interesting tidbits in here (http://motomatters.com/analysis/2013/11/12/2013_valencia_post_race_test_day_1_round.html) from Gigi...

pritch
12th November 2013, 13:52
i dont think the Yamaha was as much of a dog as everyone thought.I think the bike that rossi jumped on was actually very good out of the box,and this has been suggested elsewhere before.

The previous factory Yamaha riders were finishing round tenth IIRC. Yamaha showed Burgess & Rossi several things they were working on, the visitors advised as to their preferences and Furusawa San went to work. I've possibly still got the detail here but the changes were major, as in new bike.

pritch
12th November 2013, 14:18

Eh? The previous model had a five valve engine, at his request Rossi had a new four valve engine with a cross plane crank and new engine mounting system, the bike was also made higher and less stiff as I recall.

The whole design philosophy had changed with the arrival of Furusawa and Burgess. It was a completely different bike.

carbonhed
12th November 2013, 14:53
Was really interested to see how Hayden would go on the RCV1000R but Aspar only had one bike ready and Aoyama got dibs. Hope he kicks arse. Crutchlow pretty quick on the Duc... well compared to the other Duc's

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/carbonhed/LorenzoValencia.jpg

Mental Trousers
12th November 2013, 15:43
Some interesting tidbits in here (http://motomatters.com/analysis/2013/11/12/2013_valencia_post_race_test_day_1_round.html) from Gigi...

His priority, Dall'Igna said, was first and foremost changing the organization. The race team and racing department were two completely separate entities, and that was his first priority to fix. Personnel from the race team could be sent to spend time in Ducati Corse, and vice versa, as one of the biggest problems was the communication between the two groups. Fixing the organization had his highest priority, he said. Asked whether Ducati's biggest problem was technical or organizational, Dall'Igna answered that they clearly had problems in both areas, but that he couldn't begin to fix the technical problems before he had sorted out the organizational issues.

Fucken spot on. Gigi is the man.

Though he would not be drawn on how and what he would change, there was some kind of timescale. The bike currently being ridden by Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow would be discarded in favor of a new bike currently being designed and built back in Bologna. This bike would make its debut at the Sepang test, Dall'Igna said. Only after that bike was on track would he start to work on a future version, though he said he had no idea what that might look like.

Not surprising as it takes time to design and build a bike. So the Ducati at the start of the 2014 MotoGP season won't be too much different but after that I'm sure we'll see something very different. Looking forward to it.

roogazza
12th November 2013, 18:24

Cheers for that DidJit, I found in there,what I have wondered about Rossi 'wanting to work in a different way' ? Seems this new guy works more off data, than the way JB (so Rossi says) worked off Vale's feedback ? He'll also work in with the team susp guy & his data.
We'll see won't we, whether this new move has any effect. :shifty:

husaberg
12th November 2013, 19:29
Maybe Rossi just needs a team mate better at set up..........
its a bit fuzzy but click in a couple of times.

I read something that came from Burgess that always stuck with me .
HP counts for the last 50 meters at the end of a straight.
Drive counts out of every corner on a track.

big bang.... long bang

Jerry can get the bikes to do what the riders want it to do even if they don't know themselves what they really want.

Doohan was a great believer in time on the bike.
I am not talking tire testing and set up etc....but time on the bike.

The stuff in the article about Spencer i have heard about Hailwood and also with Sheene.

actungbaby
13th November 2013, 08:52

Hes a bloody ginger watch out rossi dont cross the dude

F5 Dave
13th November 2013, 09:25
Eh? The previous model had a five valve engine, at his request Rossi had a new four valve engine with a cross plane crank and new engine mounting system, the bike was also made higher and less stiff as I recall.

The whole design philosophy had changed with the arrival of Furusawa and Burgess. It was a completely different bike.

Sounds like they were just removing things. Std racebike prep; take the lights, mirrors & horn off eh?:niceone:

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 09:30
I read something that came from Burgess that always stuck with me .
HP counts for the last 50 meters at the end of a straight.
Drive counts out of every corner on a track.

big bang.... long bang

That's why any tuner that knows what the fuck they're doing will be looking for more torque rather than outright HP.

Str8 Jacket
13th November 2013, 11:35
My only wish is that Pedrosa rides as hard in ALL the bloody rounds as he did at the last round in Valencia this season.

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 11:38
My only wish is that Pedrosa rides as hard in ALL the bloody rounds as he did at the last round in Valencia this season.

Yep. It both he and Lorenzo pick up the aggression/speed a lil it'll be incredible!

DidJit
13th November 2013, 11:48
Tuesday at Valencia with Scott Jones (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/tuesday-valencia-test-scott-jones-2013/)...

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 12:05
Tuesday at Valencia with Scott Jones (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/tuesday-valencia-test-scott-jones-2013/)...

Wonder how Crutchlow liked Pol going faster than him first time out on a GP bike. His old bike no less. Welcome to Ducati.

DidJit
13th November 2013, 13:21
Grating? Humbling? Motivating?

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 13:35
Grating? Humbling? Motivating?

Regret even!

F5 Dave
13th November 2013, 13:47
That's why any tuner that knows what the fuck they're doing will be looking for more torque rather than outright HP.

Actually any tuner that know what the fornication he's doing will know those two variables are inextricably linked along with old friend Mr revs.

I think you are trying to say 'spread' (of HP or Torque, take your pick & you won't be wrong in this context[revs]).

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 13:49
Actually any tuner that know what the fornication he's doing will know those two variables are inextricably linked along with old friend Mr revs.

I think you are trying to say 'spread' (of HP or Torque, take your pick & you won't be wrong in this context[revs]).

You know it!

pritch
13th November 2013, 15:13
Yep. It both he and Lorenzo pick up the aggression/speed a lil it'll be incredible!

If Lorenzo's aggression exceeds his Valencia effort by much he'll be sent to stand in the naughty corner.

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 15:53
If Lorenzo's aggression exceeds his Valencia effort by much he'll be sent to stand in the naughty corner.

Lol. I reckon!

husaberg
13th November 2013, 16:42

Factories tune motors..rarely race teams do (Roberts was the exception i guess)

Other than a bit of twiddling ignition and fueling comp and timing and gear ratios its out of the mechanics hands.
That why it took so long for Honda to come right.
They were to obsesed with sexy dyno readings. Lawson and Spenser won championships i believe in spite of the bikes (NSR500) not because of the bike. Gardner won his on pure determined grit alone.

The championships are pretty much decided on set up and rider talent the difference between the different bikes are not that large now i believe.
Burgess it is said was a master at getting the set up right, so the rider had confidence in the bikes.

Crasherfromwayback
13th November 2013, 17:37
Factories tune motors..rarely race teams do (Roberts was the exception i guess)

Yeah I'm more meaning peeps from the old days/school book of tuning. On our dyno...when we were doing my 883...was torque we were chasing.

carbonhed
14th November 2013, 06:11
Oh yes Bradley Smith! Day 3.

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.287s (Lap 54/56)
2. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 30.598s (35/36)
3. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 30.868s (20/54)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 30.992s (32/70)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 31.229s (57/58)
6. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 31.533s (12/28)
7. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 1m 31.594s (49/69)
8. Aleix Espargaro ESP NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Yamaha M1) 1m 31.644s (45/49)
9. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.716s (33/36)
10. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (GP13) 1m 31.875s (44/54)
11. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Test Team (GP13) 1m 31.883s (47/58)
12. Nicky Hayden USA Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.123s (37/40)
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.530s (27/60)
14. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 33.055s (43/44)

DidJit
14th November 2013, 06:24
Reckon there could be some fireworks in the Tech3 team this coming season...

roogazza
14th November 2013, 06:37
Reckon there could be some fireworks in the Tech3 team this coming season...
Not a betting man myself , but come flag drop next March/April Pol will be the No 1 by a margin.
I can hear Crasher even now, putting a carton on it ??/:yes:

DidJit
14th November 2013, 06:49
Some more interesting tidbits (http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/a-changing-of-the-guard-in-motogp/)... this time from JB.

denill
14th November 2013, 08:22
Some more interesting tidbits (http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/a-changing-of-the-guard-in-motogp/)... this time from JB.

Hey, thanks for that. :yes:

Makes sense and interesting to read: "No longer was it him alone who made things work or not, and that process of the individual becoming overtaken by the committee has accelerated in recent years "

lukemillar
14th November 2013, 09:18
Oh yes Bradley Smith! Day 3.

12. Nicky Hayden USA Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.123s (37/40)
13. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Power Electronics Aspar (Honda RCV1000R) 1m 32.530s (27/60)

The question is, will crasher match his Steiny bet for 2014!?

DidJit
14th November 2013, 09:19
Introducing the XRH-1 (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/suzuki-xrh-1-motogp-photos-eicma/)...

Crasherfromwayback
14th November 2013, 09:37
The question is, will crasher match his Steiny bet for 2014!?

Nah. Happy to take my Steinies and run! Fuck me...surely he'll be able to finally crack a top five finish next year!

Drew
14th November 2013, 09:45
Too early for Smith/Laverty bets in 2015?

carbonhed
14th November 2013, 11:14
Smith's 1:30.598 compares to Lorenzo's fastest lap of the entire weekend of 1:30.577. Whichever way you slice it it's a fucking quick lap. He should probably retire on the strength of it :laugh:

denill
14th November 2013, 11:25
Smith's 1:30.598 compares to Lorenzo's fastest lap of the entire weekend of 1:30.577. Whichever way you slice it it's a fucking quick lap. He should probably retire on the strength of it :laugh:

Yeah, bring on 2014......

Day 3:

Fastest day two time:
Marc Marquez ESP Honda 1m 30.536s

Fastest day one time:
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 1m 31.257s

Official Valencia MotoGP records:
Best lap:
Marc Marquez ESP Honda 1m 30.237s (2013)
Fastest race lap:
Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda1m 31.628s (2013)

pritch
14th November 2013, 12:22
While we are repeatedly reminded that times recorded in testing mean nothing, it depends what the team is working on; it is still interesting to note that Crazy Joe on the Pramac bike is faster than any of the factory GP13s.

A couple of Minichamps models grace my living room, an M1 (#46), and an RC212V (#58). I did not want to buy a Ducati until they started winning again. The awful realisation has dawned that I may have to face reality and buy an earlier model (#27). :puke:

My brother from WA visited a few months ago. He got out of his car wearing a Casey Stoner hat and a silly grin. (The enemy is that close.) So I donned a black and yellow hat: sun and moon, and a number 46. "What's that?" says he. :brick:

He tried the same trick when visiting other brother, "You're not coming in this house wearing that fucking thing!" The winner :first:

jasonu
14th November 2013, 15:00
Yeah I'm more meaning peeps from the old days/school book of tuning. On our dyno...when we were doing my 883...was torque we were chasing.

Yeah well that is because an 883 has buggar all HP let alone some lurking in the shadows waiting to be found.

Crasherfromwayback
14th November 2013, 15:07
Yeah well that is because an 883 has buggar all HP let alone some lurking in the shadows waiting to be found.

Can't argue with that! But like buckets...every lil xtra helps!

lukemillar
14th November 2013, 15:12
While we are repeatedly reminded that times recorded in testing mean nothing, it depends what the team is working on; it is still interesting to note that Crazy Joe on the Pramac bike is faster than any of the factory GP13s.

I know. Part of me was kind of hoping that the customer Honda would look a little better on the time sheets out the box, but I guess it is a new bike (sort of) and needs some work

carbonhed
14th November 2013, 15:23

He's actually inherited Crutchlow's bike and after a couple of days testing on it that time is 0.5secs quicker than Crutchlow managed on it all weekend. No wonder he's left for the offseason with a smile on his face.

Crasherfromwayback
14th November 2013, 15:58
. No wonder he's left for the offseason with a smile on his face.

The smile will get wiped off his face as soon as he comes across a mirror!

Drew
14th November 2013, 16:11
We've seen aggression and determination from Jorge and Dani like never before toward the end of this season been. The wee fella I backed this year, is still my pick for next year.

Marquez has obviously (to me at least, this is only an opinion after all) told to dial it back at some point. Where the 'old dogs' are accepting that risk is the only way to win with MM on track.

Tell ya what, after the processional last couple of years, that's got me fair fizzing about next year...Hope the midget don't get fucked up when he crashes, because I think we can expect more lie down time for everyone willing to push as hard as required to win.

carbonhed
14th November 2013, 16:13
The smile will get wiped off his face as soon as he comes across a mirror!

Hoooweee mister hostile! :rolleyes: Thought you'd be pleased he went the thick end of a second quicker than Flossi managed all weekend? Dont imagine you can "luck into" a time like that? Suspect Cal's remarks about never being out qualified by Smith all year long may have been the spur to give him the finger?

Interesting to see that Crutchlow's already developing that worried crease between the eyebrows that Dovi started to exhibit early on last year.

tail_end_charlie
14th November 2013, 16:18
Well, another season done and dusted, and the beginings of a new one. I liked David's comments (http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2013/11/14/2013_valencia_post_race_test_day_3_round.html)abou t setting up the Ducati.

"The Italian had not had anything to test, Crutchlow had spend all day playing with set up. Where yesterday, they had found something to improve the bike at the end of the test, on Wednesday, they found something which made it radically worse. Given that the bike is seemingly impervious to set up changes, with only a tiny window where set up seems to have any effect at all, even finding something which ruins it is useful data. Dall'Igna has his work cut out for him."

.....sure hope that dude has a magic wand or some fairy dust to help Ducati turn the corner. (Ha, see what I did there, damn I crack myself up sometimes!)

Crasherfromwayback
14th November 2013, 17:07
Hoooweee mister hostile! :rolleyes: Thought you'd be pleased he went the thick end of a second quicker than Flossi managed all weekend? Dont imagine you can "luck into" a time like that? Suspect Cal's remarks about never being out qualified by Smith all year long may have been the spur to give him the finger?

Interesting to see that Crutchlow's already developing that worried crease between the eyebrows that Dovi started to exhibit early on last year.

Lol. Nah mate...just keeping myself amused cause he's a Ginga! Good on him. And yeah...CC? Bad move.

pritch
14th November 2013, 18:56
Crutchlow had spend all day playing with set up. Where yesterday, they had found something to improve the bike at the end of the test, on Wednesday, they found something which made it radically worse.

This was a complaint from early in Rossi's tenure. Adjustments were entirely unpredictable. Small adjustment, nothing happened. Another small adjustment - huge difference. Not at all linear. Would have thought that was sorted by now. Things are worse than I thought.

Sadly a new bike may be the only answer?

Mental Trousers
14th November 2013, 21:11
"The Italian had not had anything to test, Crutchlow had spend all day playing with set up. Where yesterday, they had found something to improve the bike at the end of the test, on Wednesday, they found something which made it radically worse. Given that the bike is seemingly impervious to set up changes, with only a tiny window where set up seems to have any effect at all, even finding something which ruins it is useful data. Dall'Igna has his work cut out for him."

This was a complaint from early in Rossi's tenure. Adjustments were entirely unpredictable. Small adjustment, nothing happened. Another small adjustment - huge difference. Not at all linear. Would have thought that was sorted by now. Things are worse than I thought.

Sadly a new bike may be the only answer?

This lack of response to set up changes was meant to be fixed by moving to the twin beam frame, but surprise, surprise it's still exactly the same.

Everything gets changeed but the engine and the bikes behaviour. You'd think they've got to be linked.

Reckless
14th November 2013, 22:05
Everything gets changed but the engine and the bikes behavior. You'd think they've got to be linked.

Seems to be the only thing they haven't changed and it may not be the last thing on the list anymore from what I've read about the new boss man :)

husaberg
15th November 2013, 06:50
This lack of response to set up changes was meant to be fixed by moving to the twin beam frame, but surprise, surprise it's still exactly the same.

Everything gets changeed but the engine and the bikes behaviour. You'd think they've got to be linked.

anyone remember the RC45........
anyone remember the issues it had for the first 4 years.
Ducati might have to swallow some corporate pride.

Drew
15th November 2013, 06:54
anyone remember the RC45........
anyone remember the issues it had for the first 4 years.

Yep. As soon as they swapped the 'issue' for Collin Edwards though, it came good.

husaberg
15th November 2013, 07:00
Yep. As soon as they swapped the 'issue' for Collin Edwards though, it came good.

Nah the issue was the vague front end.(well vauge isn't the right word, but it was a fundamental issue with the steering) Aaron tried just to ride around the problem. (with a slow steering set up) but didn't have the HP to run at the front.
Rumi had it working for Crafer.(non works bike)
i think you will find the Kokinski and Edwards bikes were poles apart from the original bike.
Polen and Fogarty couldn't do anything with it as well as Slight and both of them were previous champs.

DidJit
15th November 2013, 07:13
An insight into the thinking of our man, the Race Director (http://motomatters.com/interview/2013/11/14/race_director_mike_webb_interview_part_1.html)...

pritch
15th November 2013, 09:24
Another writer's thoughts on Messrs Rossi & Burgess.

http://backmarker-bikewriter.blogspot.co.nz

I was a bit startled to see that ".co.nz" From memory the writer is a Canadian, a long time US resident, an ex racer who competed in the IoM TT.

DidJit
15th November 2013, 09:42
Great find. :niceone:

eelracing
15th November 2013, 10:44
An insight into the thinking of our man,

So the Dorna PR machine is already ramping up in a two part interview.

Webb is a cock if he thinks he can sit in a room with a bunch of racers and get the feeling that the "general perception of what is reasonable has changed."
Fuck off,(real) racers will never take a backward step...they might blow smoke up Webbs arse in a committee room but on the track it's an entirely different ball game...hence the reason Jorge got more aggressive at the pointy end of the season.

The only voice of experience worth listening to in that entire article came from Rainey.

pritch
15th November 2013, 11:58
Great find. :niceone:

Thanks. He is a good writer. I have the kindle version of his "Riding Man" which covers his attempt at the TT. I think my favourite story of his is the one about the Mt Blanc tunnel disaster. That FIM gold medal on the cover of one of his books refers to that. Sadly the medal was awarded posthumously.

Another guy who writes really well, although about the US Harley set rather than GPs, is this guy
http://www.bikesandbuddies.com

steveyb
15th November 2013, 12:13
"...would make those guys psychopaths out in the world."

Stoner is actually a borderline psychopath, or at least a borderline sociopath.

And that is not just my opinion but compilations of personal observations from people I know, of him in social situations away from the sealed environment of the paddock.

pritch
15th November 2013, 12:47
"...would make those guys psychopaths out in the world."

Stoner is actually a borderline psychopath, or at least a borderline sociopath.

It's not just the riders either, Puig & Suppo f'rinstance .

All international athletes need to have absolute confidence in their ability, if they haven't got that they are in the wrong place. Other people can mistake this for arrogance.

Stoner though was a special case, I haven't seen him post anything negative about r/c model cars yet but it probably won't be long.

steveyb
15th November 2013, 14:54
All international athletes need to have absolute confidence in their ability, if they haven't got that they are in the wrong place. Other people can mistake this for arrogance.

That's what I reckoned about Marc Marquez right at the outset. He has some strange mental ability to simply believe implicitly that the bike and his skills will do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants.

Perhaps after he has really hurt himself (although he did do that at Philip Is when he gave his head that big whack, 125? or Moto2? can't recall now) he will step that back a notch or 1.5.

But right now, he has 150% confidence in everything and pushes through all other riders limits. Even the incident with the black flag at PI indicated that he had supreme confidence in his team that they had sorted it out for him and did what he was told to do. If he had doubts, he would have pulled in when George or Dani did.

Not only that, but having seen the rear tyre that came off his bike, he continued to push hard on a tyre that was ready to im(ex?)plode.

I am not sure whether this sort of behaviour is actually sane or not really.

I do remember though that in MotoGP Year 1 of JL that he went really well (but had to battle Rossi at the top of his game), but Year 2 was much tougher with injuries. Do I recall that right or talking out my arse again?

actungbaby
15th November 2013, 15:18
We've seen aggression and determination from Jorge and Dani like never before toward the end of this season been. The wee fella I backed this year, is still my pick for next year.

Marquez has obviously (to me at least, this is only an opinion after all) told to dial it back at some point. Where the 'old dogs' are accepting that risk is the only way to win with MM on track.

Tell ya what, after the processional last couple of years, that's got me fair fizzing about next year...Hope the midget don't get fucked up when he crashes, because I think we can expect more lie down time for everyone willing to push as hard as required to win.

I think you mean vertically challenged ;-) and when has being short been disavntage with bike racers hehe

yeah hope so he just needs to belive he can do is all got the skill needs to get agressive

Think hes to poilte

onearmedbandit
15th November 2013, 15:35
Saw this on Facebook this morning.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_iByjBSljfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony.OK
15th November 2013, 17:40
Saw this on Facebook this morning.

Haha.....that is fukn cool. He's so cute hahahahaahaaaa! :lol:
That looks like a awesome class for younguns, pitbikes on steroids!

pritch
16th November 2013, 03:24
From 2014 naughty points will last one year. This so that riders don't get the idea that they can get away with dangerous riding in the last race.

Should we refer to this as the Lorenzo Rule?

suzuki21
16th November 2013, 05:04

Ducati didn't listen to Rossi. The motor has too bigger vee and cant be moved forward enough to put enough weight on the front. With the electronics now days most bikes are equal on acceleration so time has to be made up on corner entry. They want to stay with what they have for marketing purposes, as we all know a motogp bike is similar to what we can buy.

roogazza
16th November 2013, 07:10
Ducati actually seemed to make a lot of changes for Rossi ?(well more than anyone else got ?)
But still the basic problem stayed. Seems you may well be correct , it's in that V lump ?
The strange bike suited the strange little Australian tho, well , in it's early form more so.:wacko:

merv
16th November 2013, 08:50
The 800cc lump the great little Aussie Stoner won the 2007 championship on may not have quite been as big and heavy in the wrong place as the current 1000, but then Stoner still rode that 800 better than anyone else including, to Stoner's delight, Rossi.

pritch
16th November 2013, 09:23
The motor has too bigger vee and cant be moved forward enough to put enough weight on the front.

That theory pretty much went out the window when Honda released the fact that their engine is a 90 degree V.

I think the problem lies with the Ducati engine/gearbox unit being too long overall. Somebody posted a theory that the drive sprocket on the Ducati is too far toward the rear of the bike making it handle like a chopper compared to the others. At the time I was impressed by that argument and have seen nothing since to dissuade me.

It would seem that changes have been made to just about everything except the location of the gearbox, and the complaints remain consistent, even to the extent of Crutchlow losing the front end during his first test sessions.

Here's hoping they can fix it, we need them to be competitive. Marlboro must be getting impatient.

carbonhed
16th November 2013, 09:57
Sam Lowes does well in first Moto2 test. 7th and 0.4 off leader Luthi.

http://motomatters.com/results/2013/11/15/jerez_moto2_moto3_test_day_1_times_luthi.html?utm_ source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MotoGPMatters+%28MotoMatters% 29

husaberg
16th November 2013, 10:46
That theory pretty much went out the window when Honda released the fact that their engine is a 90 degree V.

I think the problem lies with the Ducati engine/gearbox unit being too long overall. Somebody posted a theory that the drive sprocket on the Ducati is too far toward the rear of the bike making it handle like a chopper compared to the others. At the time I was impressed by that argument and have seen nothing since to dissuade me.

It would seem that changes have been made to just about everything except the location of the gearbox, and the complaints remain consistent, even to the extent of Crutchlow losing the front end during his first test sessions.

Here's hoping they can fix it, we need them to be competitive. Marlboro must be getting impatient.

To my mind the Honda mass "regardless of the V angle" seems further forward its like they sacrificed frontal area to achieve it.
The Ducati appears to slimmer in profile at the expense of the mass distribution. this is odd to me asp with their SBK experiance(the Ducati 916 series were wide to achieve better distribution (lots of junk at the front)
The Honda engine i would assume is more compact as well.

For Ducati the carbon frame did not allow any cutting and shutting which is why most GP bikes have avoided it.
Cagiva's 500 gp bikes abandoned it for that very reason.

Oh according to this it is further back. Honda VS Ducati (http://manziana.motocorse.com/blog/33324_90_VS90_____ENG_version.php)

Mental Trousers
16th November 2013, 10:51

Honda created a proper V4 engine for their bikes whereas Ducati's is more of an L shape, so it's longer and lower. Also, Honda's gearbox is a completely different, more compact layout and by the looks of things might actually be slightly underneath the engine rather than behind it like Ducati's is. So the Ducati's drive sprocket is further toward the rear than the Honda (and Yamaha), leading to a shorter swingarm which is less than ideal.

The sprocket being further rearward is an indication that the design and weight distribution isn't right.

pritch
16th November 2013, 12:52
Have had a look for the original article but don't think I have found it, but I did find this which touches on the drive sprocket placement.
http://www.motocorse.com/news/manziana/32890_Desmo-whys…ENG_VERS.php

Also came across a Ducati owners site where the consensus seemed to be the the Ducati needs a more compact angine/gearbox and the drive sprocket needs to move forward. So while none of us may be qualified, there is at least a consensus of sorts among the fans. I wonder if the Ducati engineers share it.

Drew
16th November 2013, 13:42
Have had a look for the original article but don't think I have found it, but I did find this which touches on the drive sprocket placement.

Also came across a Ducati owners site where the consensus seemed to be the the Ducati needs a more compact angine/gearbox and the drive sprocket needs to move forward. So while none of us may be qualified, there is at least a consensus of sorts among the fans. I wonder if the Ducati engineers share it.But fuck, the guy's writing is terrible!

I think he knows what he's talking about, I know he doesn't know how to express it properly in the written word...Yeah yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

Tony.OK
16th November 2013, 14:12
But fuck, the guy's writing is terrible!

I think he knows what he's talking about, I know he doesn't know how to express it properly in the written word...Yeah yeah, I'm a hypocrite.

Look down the bottom of the page ya numpty.............."I'd like to thank William Adam for the translation"

Mental Trousers
16th November 2013, 14:30
Cool, thanks for the pritch

Also came across a Ducati owners site where the consensus seemed to be the the Ducati needs a more compact angine/gearbox and the drive sprocket needs to move forward. So while none of us may be qualified, there is at least a consensus of sorts among the fans. I wonder if the Ducati engineers share it.

Here's the key part about the sprocket location

In both bikes, Honda and Yamaha, it is apparent that the front sprocket and consequently the secondary drive shaft is positioned almost exactly in the middle of the bike's wheelbase, evidently indicating that if the two Japanese manufacturers had converged to this position, this constant was a fixed sign of a good balance of the engine within the frame.

That's it exactly. With the sprocket in the centre of the wheel base the engines weight is forward of that centrepoint. With the Ducati the sprocket is rearward of that centrepoint so the engines weight is closer to the centre of the wheelbase.

Sprocket location is a symptom of where the engines weight is within the frame.

(Problems relating to the frame's contribution to the ride characteristics are another important issue in terms of stiffness/flexibility which play an important role but the bike must first have a good equilibrium in terms of weight distribution)

That bit explains why pissing around with all the different frames isn't the answer, the weight distribution has to be right first.

pritch
16th November 2013, 14:37
But fuck, the guy's writing is terrible!

His writing in Italian is probably great, the item has been translated - badly.

pritch
16th November 2013, 14:53
Nice.
http://www.wrenchracer.com/1/category/all/1.html

BMWST?
16th November 2013, 16:49
Ducati didn't listen to Rossi. The motor has too bigger vee and cant be moved forward enough to put enough weight on the front. With the electronics now days most bikes are equal on acceleration so time has to be made up on corner entry. They want to stay with what they have for marketing purposes, as we all know a motogp bike is similar to what we can buy.

you are aware the honda a 90 deg v four?

Drew
16th November 2013, 17:02
Look down the bottom of the page ya numpty.............."I'd like to thank William Adam for the translation"

Oh right. Makes sense.

onearmedbandit
16th November 2013, 17:08
It amazes me that everyone apart from Ducati know what the problem is...

Drew
16th November 2013, 17:12
It amazes me that everyone apart from Ducati know what the problem is...It might surprise me, but for the fact that they do have a history of continuing with failed shit.

Penigale for instance, with it's two piece frame. It does see the end of one of their fuck ups though, in that they have put a wet clutch in it.

onearmedbandit
16th November 2013, 17:12
Nice.
http://www.wrenchracer.com/1/category/all/1.html

Awesome read.

Mental Trousers
16th November 2013, 17:19
It amazes me that everyone apart from Ducati know what the problem is...

The thing is while Preziosi was in charge advice about the bike was viewed as criticism and criticism was definitely not welcome. On top of that he was primarily an engine designer so he made the most powerful engine possible and expected the riders to deal with it. The chassis etc was merely a home for his engine.

This past year they've had a German trying to tell a bunch of Italians what to do and that really hasn't worked.

But, now I'm betting they've got the right person in place, ie Gigi Dall'Ignia. Actually, I've got beers riding on it for next season.

carbonhed
16th November 2013, 18:00
Actually, I've got beers riding on it for next season.

Not with Crasher I hope? Otherwise that's you and Ducati fooked for another season :laugh:

steveyb
16th November 2013, 18:08
But how long does it actually take, mentally and then physically, to design, tool up, construct, test, de-bug, test, tune and implement a new engine, and on top of that, get the design right????

Drew
16th November 2013, 18:25
But how long does it actually take, mentally and then physically, to design, tool up, construct, test, de-bug, test, tune and implement a new engine, and on top of that, get the design right????

Two years. That's how long it took between the announcement of four strokes being introduced, and them to start winning races...first weekend of racing.

Suzuki set themselves three years for the current bike I think.

BMWST?
16th November 2013, 18:30

i dont hink they need to start from scratch,they just need to make a more compact gearbox/engine package.I dont think there is anything wrong with the engine itself

husaberg
16th November 2013, 18:48
Two years. That's how long it took between the announcement of four strokes being introduced, and them to start winning races...first weekend of racing.

Suzuki set themselves three years for the current bike I think.

When they first went 4 stroke there were a lot of bikes created with poor power deliver because they were using F1 engine designers and the bikes were more than a bit abrupt in the power delivery.

roogazza
16th November 2013, 18:57

Thanks for those postings pritch, found them bloody interesting.
You should hear some of the conversations I have with Italians,bloody comical but we get there in the end. Usually with a big hug ! :crazy:

pritch
16th November 2013, 19:27
Thanks for those postings pritch, found them bloody interesting.
You should hear some of the conversations I have with Italians,bloody comical but we get there in the end. Usually with a big hug ! :crazy:

One day, when we finally meet in meat space, I'll tell you about a conversation I had with a Belgian in Switzerland :)

merv
16th November 2013, 19:32
When they first went 4 stroke there were a lot of bikes created with poor power deliver because they were using F1 engine designers and the bikes were more than a bit abrupt in the power delivery.

Aprilia any one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aprilia_RS_Cube

I used to read Colin Edwards forum in those days and he had some comical stories to tell about it.

yod
16th November 2013, 21:46
Aprilia any one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aprilia_RS_Cube

I used to read Colin Edwards forum in those days and he had some comical stories to tell about it.

Edwards' teammate in the 2003 Aprilia team, Noriyuki Haga, crashed the Cube 28 times in a single season.

damn....that sounds expensive

BMWST?
16th November 2013, 23:37
damn....that sounds expensive

yes at least once every meeting on average and twice on 10 other occasions if they were racing today

husaberg
17th November 2013, 06:40
Cameron does and interesting piece on that regarding the MotoGP bikes power delivery and says the most powerful, were way way down the race order.

Reckless
19th November 2013, 17:29
Couple things I read

Jeepers he's hedging his bets!!
Don't matter how good the bike is if you've got ALL the best riders on your team.
They'll need a fare trading commission if he gets his way
But I don't think Lorenzo will leave Yamaha even it it remains 1% down there's got to be some extra reward in making it win!

Marca: HRC to try and lure Lorenzo for 2015
Sunday, 10 November 2013
In an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca, HRC vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto indicated that Jorge Lorenzo could be a potential signing for their 2015 line-up.
"Marquez, Pedrosa and also Jorge Lorenzo all have a two-year contract so we'll speak with the three of them (ahead of the 2015 season)," declared Nakamoto.
Prompted on the role of Casey Stoner, who took part in the development of the RC213V and the RCV1000R "production racer" with various testing sessions this year, Nakamoto indicated that the role of the Australian still had to be decided.

Here's Lorenzo's comments: let the games begin :)

Gazzetta dello Sport: ‘Lorenzo not dismissing Honda for 2015’
Monday, 18 November 2013
Several publications, amongst them Italy’s Gazzetta dello Sport, are continuing to mention Jorge Lorenzo’s possible move to Honda for the 2015 MotoGP™ season. Furthermore, the World Champion of 2010 and 2012 is quoted as not dismissing the option: “You cannot rule out any team. You never know what can happen.”
Lorenzo, whose current deal with Yamaha ends in 2014, continues: “I would like to end my career with Yamaha, retiring as a Yamaha legend. I would like to win another title as Rainey or Lawson did, but I would also like to have the best bike, so hopefully Yamaha will be able to give that to both myself and Valentino (Rossi).”
At the same time, HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto has already admitted his interest in Lorenzo by confirming that ‘we will talk to him for 2015’.

And I fully agree with these comment by Spencer the GOAT title remains with Rossi for a few more titles.
BUT MM has a damn good shot!!! He has the skill and drive does he have the passion and mental stability

Reuters: Let’s not compare Marquez and Rossi says Spencer
Monday, 11 November 2013
Marc Marquez's maiden MotoGP world title at the age of only 20 is great news for the profile of the sport, according to Freddie Spencer, the man whose record the Spaniard broke to become the youngest ever champion on Sunday. However, Spencer also insists the young champion should not yet be compared to former Champion Valentino Rossi – as report global news giants Reuters.

Interviewed by telephone on Sunday morning U.S. time, Spencer was up early in Santa Monica, California, to watch the historic Jorge Lorenzo vs Marquez showdown at Valencia.

Spencer, who won his first premier-class crown in 1983 at the age of 21, told Reuters, "Marc is very young, very dynamic and a very likeable kid, a good kid. He loves to ride and loves to race and that shows and I think that bodes well for MotoGP. Marc has won world championships on multiple bikes which is one of the barometers but to compare their talent I think would be unfair to Marc and unfair to Valentino at this point. That's a lot of expectation to put on Marc."

Does he have what it takes?? I think he has to be honest!! There's always someone better out there aye!!
There always will be!! Because they observe the master and better his game! Its the natural way!!
There will always be a new master sooner or later :)

DidJit
20th November 2013, 12:46
KC on VR & JB (http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/19/motogp-valentino-rossi-and-jeremy-burgess/?fb_action_ids=10201600309706857&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.UoujjF7JhbA.like&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210201600309706857%22:1918832 17667027}&action_type_map={%2210201600309706857%22:%22og.lik es%22}&action_ref_map={%2210201600309706857%22:%22.UoujjF 7JhbA.like%22})...

husaberg
20th November 2013, 20:17
Not what i was looking for but the stuff near the end....
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/07/30/interview-with-valentino-rossi-yamaha-engineer-jeremy-burgess/

this was what i was looking for.
http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=dfV3AQ4rHIoC&pg=PA170&lpg=PA170&dq=valentino+rossi+tdc+kevin+cameron+and+jerry+bur gess&source=bl&ots=LAHX12e5Gs&sig=MG-JI2E944mXZAJR31nSHhVrZfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=l3CMUrSOO6T_iAeiyoCIAQ&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=valentino%20rossi%20tdc%20kevin%20cameron%20and% 20jerry%20burgess&f=false

Reckless
21st November 2013, 05:51
These are the riders provisionally entered for participation in the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship season:

4 ANDREA DOVIZIOSO - ITALIAN - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *
5 COLIN EDWARDS - USA - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR YAMAHA
6 STEFAN BRADL - GERMAN - LCR HONDA MotoGP - HONDA *
7 HIROSHI AOYAMA - JAPANESE - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA
8 HECTOR BARBERA - SPANISH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR
9 DANILO PETRUCCI - ITALIAN - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA
17 KAREL ABRAHAM - CZECH - CARDION AB MOTORACING - HONDA
19 ALVARO BAUTISTA - SPANISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA *
26 DANI PEDROSA - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *
29 ANDREA IANNONE - ITALIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI *
35 CAL CRUTCHLOW - BRITISH - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *
38 BRADLEY SMITH - BRITISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *
41 ALEIX ESPARGARO - SPANISH - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR
YAMAHA
44 POL ESPARGARO - SPANISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *
45 SCOTT REDDING - BRITISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA
46 VALENTINO ROSSI - ITALIAN - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *
59 NICCOLÒ CANEPA - ITALIAN - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA
63 MIKE DI MEGLIO - FRENCH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR
68 YONNY HERNANDEZ - COLOMBIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI
69 NICKY HAYDEN - USA - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA
70 MICHAEL LAVERTY - BRITISH - PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART
93 MARC MARQUEZ - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *
99 JORGE LORENZO - SPANISH - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *
TO BE CONFIRMED - PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART
* = Factory option

TOTAL 24 ENTRIES

McWild
21st November 2013, 06:51
First time in 30 odd years that the Southern Hemisphere won't be represented by a rider in the premier class. Not gonna pretend I was a fan of Staring etc (although kind of hard to be when they get absolutely SFA tele footage...) but unfortunate all the same.

steveyb
21st November 2013, 08:02
Fingers crossed for Damo or someone else on the 2nd PBM entry then.

denill
21st November 2013, 09:44
First time in 30 odd years that the Southern Hemisphere won't be represented by a rider in the premier class. Not gonna pretend I was a fan of Staring etc (although kind of hard to be when they get absolutely SFA tele footage...) but unfortunate all the same.

Kinda hoping Jack Miller might be the Southern Hemisphere hope for the future. :drool:

denill
21st November 2013, 09:47
Question to Sommet Sport and reply:

Will Sommet Sports show MotoGP in 2014? If yet to be negotiated, what time frame is expected? Thanks.........

Sommet Sports: Before Christmas is the expected timeframe.

roogazza
21st November 2013, 09:55
Question to Sommet Sport and reply:

Will Sommet Sports show MotoGP in 2014? If yet to be negotiated, what time frame is expected? Thanks.........

Sommet Sports: Before Christmas is the expected timeframe.
Mate , I'm hoping Sky will remedy their/our loss this year, and admit V8 sedan racing was a poor substitute and totally boring. :brick:

denill
21st November 2013, 10:06
Mate , I'm hoping Sky will remedy their/our loss this year, and admit V8 sedan racing was a poor substitute and totally boring. :brick:

Yeah Gaz. Hoping to see 2014 on TV. Subscribed to the MotoGP.com video and at great expense, had it set up to view on the 50inch plasma - but it was bit jerky. So who knows?

Crasherfromwayback
21st November 2013, 10:07
2014 will finish like this.

MM.

Lorenzo.

Pedro.

Bautista.

Rossi.

Drew
21st November 2013, 10:07

If it meant the difference for going to sky, or staying on summet, I'd come and install a UHF aerial at your place myself.

Drew
21st November 2013, 10:09
2014 will finish like this.

MM.

Lorenzo.

Pedro.

Bautista.

Rossi.
Box of beer says the top three are as follows.

Lorenzo

Marquez

Pedrosa

Crasherfromwayback
21st November 2013, 10:28

Lorenzo

Marquez

Pedrosa

Done. Steinlager Classic please.

codgyoleracer
21st November 2013, 10:58
Lorenzo (Mr Consistent)
MM (2nd only because luck catches up with him)
Pedro (Mr consistent Mk11)
Crutchlow (if he doesnt break both legs and three collar bones)
Rossi ( ..... Well he's Valentino Rossi....)
Bautista/Espargaro ( Dark horses both, but hungrier than Brahdl & Smith ?)

roogazza
21st November 2013, 11:04
If it meant the difference for going to sky, or staying on summet, I'd come and install a UHF aerial at your place myself.
Is that your work job, fitting up that stuff ?
The other half wants another TV for the wall of the bedroom so I''l get this freeview thingy in it. Whatever, I won't miss another year.

steveyb
21st November 2013, 11:37
These are the riders provisionally entered for participation in the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship season:

4 ANDREA DOVIZIOSO - ITALIAN - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *
5 COLIN EDWARDS - USA - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR YAMAHA
6 STEFAN BRADL - GERMAN - LCR HONDA MotoGP - HONDA *
7 HIROSHI AOYAMA - JAPANESE - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA
8 HECTOR BARBERA - SPANISH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR
9 DANILO PETRUCCI - ITALIAN - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA
17 KAREL ABRAHAM - CZECH - CARDION AB MOTORACING - HONDA
19 ALVARO BAUTISTA - SPANISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA *
26 DANI PEDROSA - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *
29 ANDREA IANNONE - ITALIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI *
35 CAL CRUTCHLOW - BRITISH - DUCATI TEAM - DUCATI *
38 BRADLEY SMITH - BRITISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *
41 ALEIX ESPARGARO - SPANISH - NGM MOBILE FORWARD RACING - FTR
YAMAHA
44 POL ESPARGARO - SPANISH - MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 - YAMAHA *
45 SCOTT REDDING - BRITISH - GO&FUN HONDA GRESINI - HONDA
46 VALENTINO ROSSI - ITALIAN - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *
59 NICCOLÒ CANEPA - ITALIAN - IODARACING PROJECT - TBA
63 MIKE DI MEGLIO - FRENCH - AVINTIA BLUSENS - FTR
68 YONNY HERNANDEZ - COLOMBIAN - PRAMAC RACING - DUCATI
69 NICKY HAYDEN - USA - POWER ELECTRONICS ASPAR - HONDA
70 MICHAEL LAVERTY - BRITISH - PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART
93 MARC MARQUEZ - SPANISH - REPSOL HONDA TEAM - HONDA *
99 JORGE LORENZO - SPANISH - YAMAHA FACTORY RACING - YAMAHA *
TO BE CONFIRMED - PAUL BIRD MOTORSPORT - PBM/ART
* = Factory option

TOTAL 24 ENTRIES

I did not look closely until I read the Crash.net story.
I think Niccolo deserves another go now, but even though he is one of my personal faves, Mike????
He has shown little in Moto2 and might have gotten to grips with it in 2014, but to go into MotoGP???
He must have some serious cash from France behind him.
He will be nowhere 'cos the FTR Kawasaki is a dog and pig f-ing ugly to boot. Why a Frenchman would get on that thing is beyond me......

Ah well, good on him.

pritch
21st November 2013, 11:56

Lorenzo

Marquez

Pedrosa

Brave. Don't think I'll make any picks - yet, that's usually the kiss of death for the rider concerned.

Drew
21st November 2013, 13:31
Is that your work job, fitting up that stuff ?
The other half wants another TV for the wall of the bedroom so I''l get this freeview thingy in it. Whatever, I won't miss another year.I'm a commercial builder. Done loads of this sort of stuff though.

It's miiiighty simple.

BMWST?
21st November 2013, 15:11

Sommet are going to be on satelite soon too,but we went uhf to have an option when rain fade kicks in.we had that a lot earler this year so I got freeview.turns out the ol sky box was on the way out

denill
21st November 2013, 15:38
Sommet are going to be on satelite soon too,but we went uhf to have an option when rain fade kicks in.we had that a lot earler this year so I got freeview.turns out the ol sky box was on the way out

Scuse my ignorance, but if they do go satelite, would that be accessable though 'MySky' as is TV1 etc?

BMWST?
21st November 2013, 15:40
Scuse my ignorance, but if they do go satelite, would that be accessable though 'MySky' as is TV1 etc?
Should be yea,channel 14 theoretically

denill
21st November 2013, 15:57
You may enjoy this <a href=http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/198439/1/exclusive_martin_raines_motogp_stats_-_qa.html>Matin Raines:</A> interview as much as I did.

I found him enlightening and he also may have hit the nail on the head when he said; Rossi was able to follow Biaggi and Gibernau for a few laps, get into the rythym, then go. He doesn't have that luxury now, as the current top 3 just 'GO' from the start. He gets going after awhile - but by then it's too late.

steveyb
21st November 2013, 17:44
3 Matteo Ferrari ITA San Carlo Team Italia (MAHINDRA)
4 Gabriel Ramos VEN Kiefer Racing (KALEX KTM)
5 Romano Fenati ITA Team Sky-VR46 (KTM)
7 Efren Vazquez SPA Caretta Technology (HONDA)
8 Jack Miller AUS Red Bull KTM Ajo (KTM)
10 Alexis Masbou FRA Ongetta-Rivacold (HONDA)
11 Livio Loi BEL Marc VDS Racing Team (KALEX KTM)
12 Alex Marquez SPA Estrella Galicia 0,0 (HONDA)
14 Francesco Bagnaia ITALIAN Team Sky-VR46 (KTM)
15 Bryan Schouten NED CIP Moto3 (MAHINDRA)
17 John McPhee GBR Caretta Technology (HONDA)
19 Alessandro Tonucci ITA CIP Moto3 (MAHINDRA)
23 Niccolo Antonelli ITA Go&Fun Gresini Moto3 (KTM)
31 Niklas Ajo FIN Avant Tecno (KTM)
41 Brad Binder RSA Ambrogio Racing (MAHINDRA)
42 Alex Rins SPA Estrella Galicia 0,0 (HONDA)
43 Luca Grunwald GER Kiefer Racing (KALEX KTM)
44 Miguel Oliveira POR Mahindra Racing (MAHINDRA)
52 Danny Kent GBR Red Bull KTM Ajo (KTM)
55 Andrea Locatelli ITA San Carlo Team Italia (MAHINDRA)
57 Eric Granado BRA Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 (KALEX KTM)
58 Juanfran Guevara SPA Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 (KALEX KTM)
61 Arthur Sissis AUS Mahindra Racing (MAHINDRA)
63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin MAL Ongetta-AirAsia (HONDA)
65 Philipp Oettl GER Interwetten Paddock (KALEX KTM)
80 Hafiq Azmi MAL Avant Tecno (KTM) Have we seen him somewhere before??????
84 Jakub Kornfeil CZE Team Calvo (KTM)
95 Jules Danilo FRA Ambrogio Racing (MAHINDRA)
98 Karel Hanika CZE Red Bull KTM Ajo (KTM)
To Be Confirmed Go&Fun Gresini Moto3 (KTM)
To Be Confirmed RW Racing GP (KALEX KTM)
To Be Confirmed RW Racing GP (KALEX KTM)
To Be Confirmed Team Calvo (KTM)

carbonhed
21st November 2013, 18:10
You may enjoy this <a href=http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/198439/1/exclusive_martin_raines_motogp_stats_-_qa.html>Matin Raines:</A> interview as much as I did.

I found him enlightening and he also may have hit the nail on the head when he said; Rossi was able to follow Biaggi and Gibernau for a few laps, get into the rythym, then go. He doesn't have that luxury now, as the current top 3 just 'GO' from the start. He gets going after awhile - but by then it's too late.

Excellent read thanks.

Crasherfromwayback
21st November 2013, 18:23
Maybe I was right and you just couldn't admit it...

"Freddie [Spencer] is the other one. Freddie for me, up to Casey [Stoner] in the last few years and maybe Marc now, is the fastest guy that I've ever seen on a motorcycle."

BMWST?
21st November 2013, 18:46
doesnt anyone take #1 now?

DidJit
22nd November 2013, 08:02
Too much brand equity in their own numbers these days.

roogazza
22nd November 2013, 09:19
Maybe I was right and you just couldn't admit it...

"Freddie [Spencer] is the other one. Freddie for me, up to Casey [Stoner] in the last few years and maybe Marc now, is the fastest guy that I've ever seen on a motorcycle."

Actually a lot of those guys that breezed in and were 'SPECIAL' could be a little strange, would you agree ? I was thinking Kosinski, Spencer, Boner, even Lawson, tho he hung around for quite a few years. All had their funny little hangups.
MM seems like a nice little boy so far and quite normal ????

Crasherfromwayback
22nd November 2013, 09:46

For an axe murderer yeah.

merv
22nd November 2013, 11:33

For an axe murderer yeah.Nah I'm with Gaz on this one, you could just see him doing a ride over the 'takas with us to Martinborough, having a milkshake and a muffin and chatting the chicks up.

Badjelly
22nd November 2013, 21:20
Nah I'm with Gaz on this one, you could just see him doing a ride over the 'takas with us to Martinborough, having a milkshake and a muffin and chatting the chicks up.

Just don't get in front of him.

DidJit
23rd November 2013, 06:37
An illuminating chat (http://motomatters.com/interview/2013/11/22/interviewed_at_the_sachsenring_jeremy_bu.html) with JB (originally interviewed back at Sachsenring this year)...

roogazza
23rd November 2013, 07:52
An illuminating chat (http://motomatters.com/interview/2013/11/22/interviewed_at_the_sachsenring_jeremy_bu.html) with JB (originally interviewed back at Sachsenring this year)...
Cheers DidJit, some good questions and straight answers from JB. I choose to believe this interview over anything I've read before.
Their position as JB described is just as I and probably many others had percieved.

Crasherfromwayback
23rd November 2013, 08:47
Nah I'm with Gaz on this one, you could just see him doing a ride over the 'takas with us to Martinborough, having a milkshake and a muffin and chatting the chicks up.

Yeah he seems like a very nice kid. Until he flips the visor down.

roogazza
23rd November 2013, 09:22
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/131122u.htm

Reckless
23rd November 2013, 09:25
You only need to ask an old fart about this! Falling off just seems to hurt more and heal slower!
I know I'm definitely more careful especially on the MX bike. Very true!

True to his typically honest and open style Jeremy Burgess has given a candid interview to French media outlet GP-Inside, providing details of his split with Valentino Rossi.
The Italian rider parted ways with the Crew Chief after 14 years of working together, at the end of the 2013 season, prompting Burgess to state: “I knew that this moment could arrive but wasn’t expecting it. Many elite sports stars change trainer or coach when they are arriving towards the end of their careers. In Valentino’s case, he believes that he needs to make a big change which he thinks can take him back up to the level where wants to be. He knows it’s a gamble but wants to try it. From that point of view, I understand and respect his decision and hope it goes well.
“But I also believe that inside 'Valentino’s internal processor' the information is not arriving as fast as it used to. In Australia we refer to the ‘preservation gene’, which kicks in during your 30s and makes you feel more vulnerable. This is the thing now, Valentino is trying to reach beyond the limits of his capabilities.”

denill
23rd November 2013, 11:15
Cheers DidJit, some good questions and straight answers from JB. I choose to believe this interview over anything I've read before.
Their position as JB described is just as I and probably many others had percieved.

Yeah another good read from Didjit. But hey Gaz, bet you didn't agree with the commment (That I do agree with)

"How a snotty nosed little arrogant prick managed to ruin his (JB's) send off is beyond me. JB's greatness transcends his time with Rossi. JB was already a certified champion before a young Rossi appeared on the Honda."

roogazza
23rd November 2013, 18:07
Yeah another good read from Didjit. But hey Gaz, bet you didn't agree with the commment (That I do agree with)

"How a snotty nosed little arrogant prick managed to ruin his (JB's) send off is beyond me. JB's greatness transcends his time with Rossi. JB was already a certified champion before a young Rossi appeared on the Honda."

I didn't read that Bill, maybe it's been deleted ?? I don't bother with comments too much.But I had another look very quickly and couldn't find it.I like to think they would've parted friends myself ?
Probably an Australian (a one eyed one with a chip !)

k14
24th November 2013, 17:18
Lorenzo (Mr Consistent)
MM (2nd only because luck catches up with him)
Pedro (Mr consistent Mk11)
Crutchlow (if he doesnt break both legs and three collar bones)
Rossi ( ..... Well he's Valentino Rossi....)
Bautista/Espargaro ( Dark horses both, but hungrier than Brahdl & Smith ?)
You must have missed the news that Crutchlow is now riding a ducati??

Drew
24th November 2013, 17:20
You must have missed the news that Crutchlow is now riding a ducati??I think that's why the injury disclaimer is in there. He'll do well on it, or it'll fuck him up beyond all recognition.

Mental Trousers
24th November 2013, 18:04
Crutchlow had the 3rd highest number of crashes this year and that was on the M1, something that handles properly and is a great bike to ride. Have to see if he goes after Nori Haga's 28 crashes in a season.

husaberg
24th November 2013, 18:08
You only need to ask an old fart about this! Falling off just seems to hurt more and heal slower!
I know I'm definitely more careful especially on the MX bike. Very true!

[I]
True to his typically honest and open style Jeremy Burgess has given a candid interview to French media outlet GP-Inside, providing details of his split with Valentino Rossi.

Jerry also points out in another interview that on the Honda and the Yamaha that the bikes were set up in such away that the riders only have to ride them at 96%. This is because as they way be able to do a couple of real fast laps at 100% but they will not be able to maintain their concentration they will become more ragged and they will crash or make mistakes.

Schwantz consistently rode 100% and it cost him championships, the bike was then not developed as well as it should have been because his talent was seemingly masking the bikes flaws. In Raineys later career you could say the same.

Rossi won all his championships by riding at less than his ultimate ability, and rarely had the fastest bike. He may have had the best bike nevertheless.
While i might not back him as the 2014 winner he might still through in the odd surprise.

Lack of success makes manufactures more hungry and more apt to develop and hopefully listen to the riders.
HRC created the big bang engine after not winning, not while they were winning.
After the lean years post lawson they finally realised they had a problem, Mainly exiting corners, in getting their superior HP to the ground. They stopped worshiping the false gods of peak HP.
They stopped all mid season development and through a challenge open to everyone at HRC. They came up with 5 solutions tested 3.
Hopefully Ducati will make some changes other than personal.

Crasherfromwayback
24th November 2013, 18:56
Rossi won all his championships by riding at less than his ultimate ability, and rarely had the fastest bike. He may have had the best bike nevertheless.

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis? The Aprilia he rode to his 125 and 250 titles was certainly the fastest thing out there...as was his NSR500 and RCV. The Yamaha wasn't the fastest thing...but prob the best handling bike. Good enough for Rainey...Lawson...Lorenzo etc etc...

husaberg
24th November 2013, 19:49
Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis? The Aprilia he rode to his 125 and 250 titles was certainly the fastest thing out there...as was his NSR500 and RCV. The Yamaha wasn't the fastest thing...but prob the best handling bike. Good enough for Rainey...Lawson...Lorenzo etc etc...

with Burgess i was meaning.

Look at the speed trap speeds Pete, even for the Honda's Rossi was rarely on the fastest bike.
he may have been lapping faster, but he was going the fastest.

DidJit
25th November 2013, 10:40
Gino Rea’s hard work on and off the track this year has rewarded him with a permanent Moto2 ride (http://www.agtus.org/american-green-technology-markets-internationally-worldwide-audience-title-sponsor-motorcycle-racing-team/) in 2014.

Mental Trousers
25th November 2013, 11:19
Gino Rea’s hard work on and off the track this year has rewarded him with a permanent Moto2 ride (http://www.agtus.org/american-green-technology-markets-internationally-worldwide-audience-title-sponsor-motorcycle-racing-team/) in 2014.

That's good news.

pritch
26th November 2013, 08:29
Gotta say I found that total 863 astounding.
Oh the pain!:doctor:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/MotoGP+Analysis+The+2013+Falls+Report

carbonhed
27th November 2013, 11:58
Nice interview with Cal Crutclow :-

http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/198474/1/exclusive_cal_crutchlow_-_qa_part_1.html

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 12:27
"Obviously they've had Nicky [Hayden] for a long time and on the other side of the garage they've chopped and changed riders a little bit and still it doesn't seem to have worked in the last couple of years. As I think Claudio Domenicali [Ducati CEO] saw in me, I'll come in and give my all. And that's what the team need. They need a rider that'll ride it with square wheels. Try their best on it."

Is he saying that Hayden and those before him haven't been trying? Seems a bit like it...

Mental Trousers
27th November 2013, 13:03
That's how I read it mate.

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 13:31
That's how I read it mate.

Well he's fucking kidding himself.

onearmedbandit
27th November 2013, 13:51
Well he's fucking kidding himself.

Yeah wtf is with that? Nope of course none of the other riders have been trying their best on it....

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 14:10
Yeah wtf is with that? Nope of course none of the other riders have been trying their best on it....

Lol. You'd have to wonder about the guy eh!? Get real. Like he's the only cunt out there trying right...

jasonu
27th November 2013, 15:14
Lol. You'd have to wonder about the guy eh!? Get real. Like he's the only cunt out there trying right...

Funny coincidence the Ferrari F1 boss reciently accused Fernando Alonso of putting in only 80% effort this season when it is clear that the 2013 car is sub standard. Alonso (and prolly all other F1 drivers) doesn't know how to not put in 150% at all times. Wops eh...:facepalm:

DidJit
27th November 2013, 15:16
Oh, I dunno if he thinks no-one’s tried before... maybe more like no-one other than Stoner tried to ride it like the thing that it was. I think he has a healthy respect for the other riders’ talents and skills. From Part 2 (http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/198475/1/exclusive_cal_crutchlow_-_qa_part_2.html) of that interview:

“Guys I thought were no good before I got here, I was getting hammered by. The competitiveness of MotoGP is without doubt the hardest thing. It is not just about riding the bikes, it's the strength of the riders you are racing against as well.”

Reckon he might just believe he can do what Casey did and ride the Duc like a Duc (rather than battling with it because of the preconceptions of how a GP bike “should” behave). We shall see, won’t we?

In saying that, most would surely agree that Nicky definitely gave it his all during his tenure on the red beast...

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 15:26
Reckon he might just believe he can do what Casey did and ride the Duc like a Duc (rather than battling with it because of the preconceptions of how a GP bike “should” behave). We shall see, won’t we?

In saying that, most would surely agree that Nicky definitely gave it his all during his tenure on the red beast...

I've read he feels he rides like Stoner. I'm yet to see any real hint of that. And yeah...Hayden gave it his all every time he suited up I reckon.

Bender
27th November 2013, 15:37
He probably thinks he can sort it in 80 seconds :facepalm:

Wait 'til Bradley Smith has kicked his arse a few times and he'll start to get the picture. I sure hope they can make that thing more competitive, it would be a lot of fun for us all.

Drew
27th November 2013, 18:33
I read it to mean, he's prepared to sacrifice himself to try and win.

carbonhed
27th November 2013, 18:33
I've read he feels he rides like Stoner. I'm yet to see any real hint of that. And yeah...Hayden gave it his all every time he suited up I reckon.

Don't think Hayden wasn't riding hard but you'd have to be retarded not to button off just a fraction on a pig like the Ducati. I think Dovi got pretty disenchanted fairly rapidly.

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 19:10

We'll see once he's bounced himself down the road off it a few dozen times trying.

Cleve
27th November 2013, 19:14
I like what he said about Lorenzo.
"Cal Crutchlow:
The way you have to look at Lorenzo is - he was miles ahead of me and Valentino. Miles ahead. You almost have to take him out of the equation. I don't understand how he does it and nor does any other Yamaha rider. No matter who you speak to, even the engineers; they don't really understand why he is so far ahead of us. "

Cleve
27th November 2013, 19:21
in fact the whole interview (both parts) were really interesting.

Crasherfromwayback
27th November 2013, 19:55
I like what he said about Lorenzo.
"Cal Crutchlow:
The way you have to look at Lorenzo is - he was miles ahead of me and Valentino. Miles ahead. You almost have to take him out of the equation. I don't understand how he does it and nor does any other Yamaha rider. No matter who you speak to, even the engineers; they don't really understand why he is so far ahead of us. "

Ummmm...because he can ride a motorcycle better than you and Rossi etc can? Just a guess. Just like how Stoner could do shit on the Ducati no one else could! I have no doubt whatsoever that Stoner and MM could do likewise on the Yamaha. They're at a diff level.

pritch
27th November 2013, 20:11
We'll see once he's bounced himself down the road off it a few dozen times trying.

Well he has already experienced the dreaded Ducati front end wash out. I don't see his comments as disrespecting anybody, he's just saying how he sees his job.
While the riders will be hopeful, expecting any improvement next year is over optimistic. Sadly I think the only excitement we will see from Ducati will be the resumption of the Crutchlow Dovizioso scraps of 2012. If we get to see any action from that far down the field?

BMWST?
27th November 2013, 21:51
Well he has already experienced the dreaded Ducati front end wash out. I don't see his comments as disrespecting anybody, he's just saying how he sees his job.
While the riders will be hopeful, expecting any improvement next year is over optimistic. Sadly I think the only excitement we will see from Ducati will be the resumption of the Crutchlow Dovizioso scraps of 2012. If we get to see any action from that far down the field?

i dont think Dovi will be battling with Crutchlow.i think he is being very carefull till he saees some light at the end of a long dark tunnel

Crasherfromwayback
28th November 2013, 07:44
Sadly I think the only excitement we will see from Ducati will be the resumption of the Crutchlow Dovizioso scraps of 2012. If we get to see any action from that far down the field?

I tend to think the same.

300weatherby
28th November 2013, 08:46

Agreed, I would expect that apart from trying to make the changes to make the bike work better, he will change his ride style to suit the bike, rather than the other way around. No doubt there are a few haters, that will latch onto anything he says or does, and beat it up, but I for one hope he gets the thing competitive.

Crasherfromwayback
28th November 2013, 08:54
, but I for one hope he gets the thing competitive.

I hope he does too.

roogazza
28th November 2013, 11:10
Rossi hinting at a possible retirement ?
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/13112746early.htm

Crasherfromwayback
28th November 2013, 12:51
Rossi hinting at a possible retirement ?
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/13112746early.htm

Next year it is then for anyone wanting to see one of the greats in action...

DidJit
28th November 2013, 12:57
The press are eager for stories it seems (http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+in+the+Media).

“My interview was shown yesterday, but it was done a month ago, and has been twisted. I did not say I want to stop riding. In fact, I hope to ride for another two or three years. Clearly, I'm interested in being competitive, because I want to keep winning,” said Rossi from his Tavullia ‘ranch’.

Bender
28th November 2013, 15:07
HTF do you twist something as emphatic as deciding whether to keep going after the Mugello round? Oh no, the Doc has said something, realised how much pressure he's putting on himself, and the impact on sponsorship deals, and recanted using the old" I wuz misquoted" line.

I don't buy it, especially as his stated course of action is perfectly reasonable.

DidJit
29th November 2013, 08:41
Bit of a chat with Nicky Hayden here (http://issuu.com/otormag/docs/otor_69/34?e=2297371/5775741)...

pritch
29th November 2013, 08:46
There are always problems of translation from news in French or Italian sources. Out of the confusion I take it that Rossi wants to stay, but only if he is competitive. Since his contract is up at the end of next year it isn't only him who will be interested in his results after six races. Yamaha will be very interested too. All of which I'da thunk puts a lot of pressure on a crew chief new to MotoGP. On the other hand he'd be just the man to take over a team running an R1 in WSBK?

Unrelated but interesting; Denis Noyes reports this morning that Puig and Pedrosa have parted company. Puig apparently told a friend, "My job is finished, Dani can fly solo now." Where to Mr Puig?

Badjelly
29th November 2013, 08:51
Where to Mr Puig?

Looking for another protege to latch onto. Perhaps he has one lined up?

DidJit
29th November 2013, 09:27
He’s off to develop the Asia Cup for Dorna (http://superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/131127nopuig.htm) apparently.

roogazza
29th November 2013, 10:46
Unrelated but interesting; Denis Noyes reports this morning that Puig and Pedrosa have parted company. Puig apparently told a friend, "My job is finished, Dani can fly solo now." Where to Mr Puig?

DidJit beat me to it pritch, Asia cup for Dorna.
On the other subject of Rossi to WSB. Wouldn't like to see that myself,I've said before, he's better than that.
Give it a good lash next year,if he can't match the top three,flag it !
9 Championships must look great on the mantle piece.

pritch
29th November 2013, 15:38
On the other subject of Rossi to WSB. Wouldn't like to see that myself,I've said before, he's better than that.

Unlike Doohan, Stoner and others who primarily liked to win, Rossi reportedly likes to race. OK, he enjoys winning, but he can have fun when he's not winning too. Although not perhaps to the extent he experienced at Ducati.

In the absence of a competitive seat in GPs he might be tempted to try WSBK - or rallying. Or perhaps he may just busy himself being a team manager/businessman. His VR46 enterprise handles the merchandise for Marquez among others now as well as his own. Then there his SKY VR46 Moto3 team.

He will be 35 next year; Biaggi, Checa, Corser and others were still competitive later than that in WSBK if not in GPs.

Anyhoo first he has to bridge the gap to the front three, and if he hasn't done that by Mugello his "silly season" may get underway earlier than most.

BMWST?
29th November 2013, 18:06
Unlike Doohan, Stoner and others who primarily liked to win, Rossi reportedly likes to race. OK, he enjoys winning, but he can have fun when he's not winning too. Although not perhaps to the extent he experienced at Ducati.

In the absence of a competitive seat in GPs he might be tempted to try WSBK - or rallying. Or perhaps he may just busy himself being a team manager/businessman. His VR46 enterprise handles the merchandise for Marquez among others now as well as his own. Then there his SKY VR46 Moto3 team.

He will be 35 next year; Biaggi, Checa, Corser and others were still competitive later than that in WSBK if not in GPs.

Anyhoo first he has to bridge the gap to the front three, and if he hasn't done that by Mugello his "silly season" may get underway earlier than most.

He might line up a "proddy" bike for his own use

roogazza
30th November 2013, 07:29
He might line up a "proddy" bike for his own use

Now there's an idea, money is no object and don't the prod bikes get more fuel , like 24 litres.
My bet is he finishes with Yamaha as a works rider and becomes a PR man for same.
Even if he does, many would like to see him 'find' something before he goes.

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 07:32
Now there's an idea, money is no object and don't the prod bikes get more fuel , like 24 litres.
My bet is he finishes with Yamaha as a works rider and becomes a PR man for same.
Even if he does, many would like to see him 'find' something before he goes.

I would def like to see him mixing it with the top three,

Bender
30th November 2013, 09:07
I seriously hope Rossi doesn't go to WSB. Just wrong.

Crasherfromwayback
30th November 2013, 09:36

Same. That'd be sad.

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 09:43

Stoner doesnt just like to win,he wants to go as fast as possible on the most powerful bike available.He wants the motogp bikes more powerful and with less interference from the electronics.

Reckless
30th November 2013, 09:50

Me to!
But I have my doubts if he can still mix it with the likes of Marquez and Lorenzo??

On Lorenzo: That last race, the race craft, the aggression, still running around in my head, still soooo impressed with Lorenzo :clap:

roogazza
30th November 2013, 10:45
Me to!
On Lorenzo: That last race, the race craft, the aggression, still running around in my head, still soooo impressed with Lorenzo :clap:
Watched that again the other night, wasn't it just marvelous ?
Don't forget MM was probably trying to cool it a bit to win his title, tho you wouldn't think it !
I pulled up 2009 Catalunya as well, with Rossi and Lorenzo going at it. mindbogling stuff.

pritch
30th November 2013, 11:21
http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/28-11-2013/how-rossi-changed-opinion-on-stoner-at-ducati-he-was-incredible-201679857041.shtml

Reckless
30th November 2013, 11:32
http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/28-11-2013/how-rossi-changed-opinion-on-stoner-at-ducati-he-was-incredible-201679857041.shtml

I'm wondering if Crutchlow has had the same 3 lap feeling????

husaberg
30th November 2013, 11:40
takes a fairly well rounded person to admit what Rossi did above.
According to stuff i have read Rossi used to hang back on the Honda a bit to try and race and when he did so he sometimes used to crash, this was the last of the Honda years. When they got to Yamaha they spent a lot of time making it more ridable...My thoughts are that in the early years the Ducati was a much more competitive package, they just haven't appeared to have progressed as much......

carbonhed
30th November 2013, 11:54
I'm wondering if Crutchlow has had the same 3 lap feeling????

Well Dovi certainly did :laugh: Don't imagine Crutchlow's any different.

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 12:40
VR and CS were never team mates at Ducati were they?

Dave-
30th November 2013, 12:40
honda porn (http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/21/2014-honda-rcv1000r-first-look-review-photos/?cmpid=enews112813&spPodID=020&spMailingID=5897490&spUserID=NDA4NTQ4MDI2MDgS1&spJobID=349551597&spReportId=MzQ5NTUxNTk3S0)

most interestingly:

(the RCV-R’s tank is said to hold 23 liters)

Did we already know this?

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 12:58
honda porn (http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/21/2014-honda-rcv1000r-first-look-review-photos/?cmpid=enews112813&spPodID=020&spMailingID=5897490&spUserID=NDA4NTQ4MDI2MDgS1&spJobID=349551597&spReportId=MzQ5NTUxNTk3S0)

most interestingly:

Did we already know this?

sorta,the proddy bikes are allowed 24l honda obviously think that 24 litres is too much

Mental Trousers
30th November 2013, 13:43
sorta,the proddy bikes are allowed 24l honda obviously think that 24 litres is too much

Honda have built an engine that will run on 20-21 litres, after all it's the same engine as the factory prototype but with conventional valve springs, gearbox and a couple of other bits. So running an engine designed to use 20-21 litres on 24 litres means you're carrying 3 litres of dead weight and/or running extremely rich fuel/air mixture and making considerably less power.

husaberg
30th November 2013, 13:47
Honda have built an engine that will run on 20-21 litres, after all it's the same engine as the factory prototype but with conventional valve springs, gearbox and a couple of other bits. So running an engine designed to use 20-21 litres on 24 litres means you're carrying 3 litres of dead weight and/or running extremely rich fuel/air mixture and making considerably less power.

I do wonder what the FIM fine is for running out of fuel on the circuit?

pritch
30th November 2013, 14:21

Can't remember where I read it, but HRC said they didn't need 24L but there are some tracks where having 23L would be an advantage. I seem to recall that the limit for factory bikes is 20L next year.

merv
30th November 2013, 16:06
VR and CS were never team mates at Ducati were they?

You are right they weren't and like you have I noticed the mistake in that part of the story. Also it made it sound like Stoner was with Honda for quite a while before he went to Ducati and that wasn't true either. Maybe Rossi lost his marbles at Ducati.

Mental Trousers
30th November 2013, 16:12
Can't remember where I read it, but HRC said they didn't need 24L but there are some tracks where having 23L would be an advantage. I seem to recall that the limit for factory bikes is 20L next year.

That'd be places like Motegi - lots of fast straights & slow corners so the riders are really hard on the brakes then really hard on the throttle, a nightmare for fuel consumption. There's a couple of other tracks that use a lot of fuel too.

Dave-
30th November 2013, 16:19
That'd be places like Motegi - lots of fast straights & slow corners so the riders are really hard on the brakes then really hard on the throttle, a nightmare for fuel consumption. There's a couple of other tracks that use a lot of fuel too.

aragon?

my god those proddie bikes are going to be quick down that straight

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 19:44
You are right they weren't and like you have I noticed the mistake in that part of the story. Also it made it sound like Stoner was with Honda for quite a while before he went to Ducati and that wasn't true either. Maybe Rossi lost his marbles at Ducati.

Stoner did start his motogp career on a honda

merv
30th November 2013, 19:57
Stoner did start his motogp career on a honda

It was this comment of Rossi's that made me say what I did:

"We had completely opposing paths in our careers: he’d always ridden for one manufacturer, Honda, under the guidance of Luca Cecchinello."

Always ridden for one manufacturer made it sound like a while, whereas Stoner was there only for one season in 2006 before he went to Ducati in 2007. He had been on a 250 with Luca in 2005 but then it was an Aprilia and not a Honda and previously he had been on KTM and Aprilia 125 bikes. I think Rossi meant to say he had been under the guidance of Luca for a while, the stuff about the Honda was the error he made.

pritch
30th November 2013, 20:58
The article is written by a journalist, some of the quotes are presumably by Rossi but while I used to read Rolling Stone magazine many years ago I never considered it an authority on sports. Music yes, sports no.

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 21:05
It was this comment of Rossi's that made me say what I did:

"We had completely opposing paths in our careers: he’d always ridden for one manufacturer, Honda, under the guidance of Luca Cecchinello."

Always ridden for one manufacturer made it sound like a while, whereas Stoner was there only for one season in 2006 before he went to Ducati in 2007. He had been on a 250 with Luca in 2005 but then it was an Aprilia and not a Honda and previously he had been on KTM and Aprilia 125 bikes. I think Rossi meant to say he had been under the guidance of Luca for a while, the stuff about the Honda was the error he made.

The article is written by a journalist, some of the quotes are presumably by Rossi but while I used to read Rolling Stone magazine many years ago I never considered it an authority on sports. Music yes, sports no.

yes and we base our opinions and "likes" on this sort of stuff too

BMWST?
30th November 2013, 22:25
Sommet sport (https://www.facebook.com/SommetSports) going to be on satelite and freeview Uhf and that means will also be on Sky

pritch
1st December 2013, 16:58
yes and we base our opinions and "likes" on this sort of stuff too

Yes and no. It is true we only rarely have access to the inside info. Statements by riders may be coloured by their own best interests, they may be playing head games, there may be translation difficulties, they may have been muzzled by their corporate employer (eg Yamaha), or they may be interviewed by someone who doesn't know the sport.

Depending on how things work out, the situation may be about to get worse because some of the most experienced English language commentators are now possibly unemployed since the BBC lost the contract to cover MotoGP.

Some of what we read can be reasonably trustworthy, f'rinstance David Emmett of Motomatters who I understand pays his own way and is independent. Matt Oxley has a racing background and is generally interesting and reliable, several magazines publish his material. Alex Briggs was the first insider I became aware of on Twitter, and as he was one of Rossi's mechanics his material was of interest. Yamaha have since advised he and Rossi that they are subject to the corporation's communications policy so their posts suddenly became a lot less informative. Briggs used to post a lot of pictures of the bikes, not this year.

All of which means we need to be somewhat discriminating, I wouldn't be forming too many opinions based on an article that contains an obvious error near the beginning. Nor would I believe averything that the Dorna PR machine pumped out. Or when a team says their rider retired because of an ignition problem. We just have to sort through it as best we can. Just as well I'm retired and have the time :whistle:

roogazza
1st December 2013, 18:24
Yes and no.

All of which means we need to be somewhat discriminating, I wouldn't be forming too many opinions based on an article that contains an obvious error near the beginning. Nor would I believe averything that the Dorna PR machine pumped out. Or when a team says their rider retired because of an ignition problem. We just have to sort through it as best we can. Just as well I'm retired and have the time :whistle:

Between us old retired dudes we generally get the gist of whats going on.After all we spend the days reading and pontificating.
Me, I know all ......... Fuck all ! <_<

husaberg
1st December 2013, 18:40
Read something real interesting about the Doohan era the other day and it came from Doohan himself after he had retired
He and Burgess once bolted a pair of off the shelf Ohlins onto the NSR500.
With no adjustments made on the forks whatsoever It went 1 second a lap quicker.
They couldn't use them of course (Honda own Showa)
Now that should get me some discount from Robert Taylor surely

Bender
2nd December 2013, 07:34
Nor would I believe anything that the Dorna PR machine pumped out. Or when a team says their rider retired because of an ignition problem. The old piston came through the side of the block and knocked the ignition off the engine trick. We just have to sort through it as best we can.

Fixt those for you.

roogazza
2nd December 2013, 09:55
If you followed 250GP you'll remember this fella.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/131120rambo.htm

Crasherfromwayback
2nd December 2013, 09:56
If you followed 250GP you'll remember this fella.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Nov/131120rambo.htm

Yeah stink buzz. Especially at the event it was at too.

roogazza
6th December 2013, 08:52
Back in the seventies.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Dec/131204stevebaker.htm

Bender
6th December 2013, 09:51
The Europeans never considered F750 a proper world championship series. To them WC were held in 125, 250, 350 and 500. Even though Patrick Pons won the first official F750 world championship the French didn't consider him a WC.

husaberg
6th December 2013, 15:16
The Europeans never considered F750 a proper world championship series. To them WC were held in 125, 250, 350 and 500. Even though Patrick Pons won the first official F750 world championship the French didn't consider him a WC.

Are you sure i thought Nixon was robbed of one before that?
hE GOOGLES
Oh yes he was BUT NOT FULL STATUS but 79 that still wasn't the first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_750

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Formula_750_season

Formula 750 was a FIM motorcycle road racing series based on a 750 cubic centimeter engine capacity. The series began in 1971 as a collaboration between the American Motorcyclist Association and the Auto Cycle Union.[1] The FIM adopted the Formula 750 class for events in 1972.[2] In 1973 it became a British based series. In 1975 the series was upgraded to European championship status and in 1977, it attained world championship status. The Formula 750 class was seen as possibly overtaking the 500cc Grand Prix class as the premier racing division however, the domination by one brand (the Yamaha TZ750) as well as the increasingly popular superbike production class meant that the FIM discontinued the class after the 1979 seaso

Bender
6th December 2013, 16:34
I am sure that I was wrong in part about Pons. He was the third winner but the French still didn't (and don't) consider him a proper world champion. They had a lot of clout in those days and shuffled the 750 class out of the line up mainly because it had become one-class (the TZ750). The Europeans had also been suspicious about the class from the beginning because it was set up under ambigious rules (was it for road-bike based engines or not?).

Yamaha even went to the charade of building a road version (the GL750) based on the TZ750 engine but whether that was a simple rule-beater or a genuine attempt at a new road bike is lost in the mists of time. Would have been quite a machine in its day but no more were ever built - just the one they showed at the Tokyo motor show in 1971.

pritch
6th December 2013, 17:15
You may have wondered what a Moto GP champ could spend all that money on.

Getta loada this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5eA3btpy9o&sns=tw

Funny, with all the lovely scenery - out the window, and by the pool, thing that impressed me most was the number of Charles Eames chairs. They cost about $10,000 each (if you're not into Chinese knock-offs) and he has a theaterette full plus another one in his bedroom.

Crasherfromwayback
6th December 2013, 17:38
Funny, with all the lovely scenery - out the window, and by the pool, thing that impressed me most was the number of Charles Eames chairs. .

Lol. You know you're getting old when you're more impressed by the chairs than by the hotties lying round by the pool mate!

carbonhed
6th December 2013, 19:07
You may have wondered what a Moto GP champ could spend all that money on.

:laugh: how fkin awesome is that?

husaberg
6th December 2013, 20:10
I am sure that I was wrong in part about Pons. He was the third winner but the French still didn't (and don't) consider him a proper world champion. They had a lot of clout in those days and shuffled the 750 class out of the line up mainly because it had become one-class (the TZ750). The Europeans had also been suspicious about the class from the beginning because it was set up under ambigious rules (was it for road-bike based engines or not?).

Yamaha even went to the charade of building a road version (the GL750) based on the TZ750 engine but whether that was a simple rule-beater or a genuine attempt at a new road bike is lost in the mists of time. Would have been quite a machine in its day but no more were ever built - just the one they showed at the Tokyo motor show in 1971.

the GL750 was a bit suss, especially with the electronic fuel injection and the fact it was put on show immersed in a water tank kind of reeked of don't try and start me because i am a little fishy:innocent:

Mental Trousers
7th December 2013, 20:19
This is how you beat Marc Marquez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eILwbNZOWo

NAR RG500
7th December 2013, 21:25
Read something real interesting about the Doohan era the other day and it came from Doohan himself after he had retired
He and Burgess once bolted a pair of off the shelf Ohlins onto the NSR500.
With no adjustments made on the forks whatsoever It went 1 second a lap quicker.
They couldn't use them of course (Honda own Showa)
Now that should get me some discount from Robert Taylor surely

If they had have strapped on a set with K tech internals then it would have been a two second a lap improvement.

Now that should get a response from Mr Taylor!

speights_bud
7th December 2013, 22:32

I liked how the slo-mo of Marc changing direction on the dirt bike is so similar to his body positioning on the GP bike.

BMWST?
8th December 2013, 07:59

I liked how the slo-mo of Marc changing direction on the dirt bike is so similar to his body positioning on the GP bike.

I noticed that too,and i reckon his transitions from one side to the other are the fastest of them all in motogp

carbonhed
9th December 2013, 16:47
Herve Poncharal on the state of MotoGP. Thought the bit about the wages of factory riders versus the best of the rest was interesting.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/198804/1/exclusive_herve_poncharal_irta_-_qa.html

roogazza
11th December 2013, 08:12
What would you give to be 35 again ?
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Dec/131129fourmoreyearsf.htm

pritch
11th December 2013, 15:23

Wouldn't that be great. I had a much better average at that age. On the other hand I'd have another thirty odd years to go before retirement - wouldn't be so keen on that.

I know some here won't like it, but I was recently reading an item in which the writer propounded the viewpoint that if Rossi isn't at, or very near, the front after six races or thereabout, he will announce a move to Superbikes for 2015. There is a new R1 due in 2015. After three years of waiting for a miracle I guess there comes a time to adjust expectations to a more realistic level?

Should Rossi make the jump, his ride would likely be taken by Smith or Espagero but Lorenzo hasn't ruled out a move to Honda in 2015. Whether he is serious about that, or just loosening the Yamaha purse strings, will depend on how competitive the Yamaha is next season. If Lorenzo did move both Smith and Espagero could go up leaving Pedrosa out in the cold. He had the skids under him until Stoner quit, so who knows but that he may get lucky again.

Crasherfromwayback
11th December 2013, 16:22
Bring back Stoner!:love:

roogazza
12th December 2013, 07:01
NOooooooo ! Unless you put him on a Yamaha.
and further from Lin Jarvis :
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Dec/131211jarvis.htm

pritch
12th December 2013, 08:25

Stoner posted a pic of his latest toy on Twitter last night, now he has a quadcopter to go with his r/c model car.

Gotta say I'd like one of those. Hey Santa? :whistle:

On second (and subsequent) thoughts: At the front of my house is the usual urban wirescape, at the back are trees. The back boundary is one of the bigger rivers in the province, and the opposite bank hosts the playing fields of a girls school. The thought occurs that there may be hazards for both quadcopter and operator, as my motives could be misconstrued..

Bender
12th December 2013, 10:03
Have admit I went out and self-Santa-ed a quad copter for myself for Christmas - told my wife I needed one big enough to carry a gopro so I could remotely perv on the girls down the beach, which went down like a cup of the cold proverbial.

Actually the real plan is to become good enough at flying it to film my mates going through some of the corners on Woodcocks Rd (Warkworth) from an aerial angle. Whether or not this ever happens is debatable.

I'll bet Mr Stoner's is worth a fair bit more than mine and his hand/eye coordination would probably be a fair bit better too.

Interesting that Mr Jarvis is putting pressure on Rossi to go faster - I recall reading that he never wanted Rossi back in the first place.

codgyoleracer
12th December 2013, 10:07
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Dec/131129fourmoreyearsf.htm

Dontcha hate the truth Gazza !

pritch
12th December 2013, 10:27
Actually the real plan is to become good enough at flying it to film my mates going through some of the corners on Woodcocks Rd (Warkworth) from an aerial angle. Whether or not this ever happens is debatable.

That could work - as long as they don't look at the camera... There was a guy filmed competitors in the RedBull Romaniacs like that.