PDA

View Full Version : Recommended shop for re-boring in Auckland?

Tornado
2nd October 2013, 20:59
First post on KB - I have a 1953 BSA Bantam that needs a re-bore. I will supply piston and rings but I need a good shop/engineer to do it correctly. Anyone had any good experiences in the Auckland (or near) area? Thanks.

caseye
2nd October 2013, 22:06
First post on KB - I have a 1953 BSA Bantam that needs a re-bore. I will supply piston and rings but I need a good shop/engineer to do it correctly. Anyone had any good experiences in the Auckland (or near) area? Thanks.

Tom of Taylor Automotive in Newmarket is a good man and his man Dieter is awesome at re bores etc.

The Reibz
3rd October 2013, 10:09
I have had work done at Engine Specialties out in Glenfield before. Good price and very professional. Heaps of good advice from them too, was the first engine I built and they were happy to answer all the questions I had

disorderly
31st October 2013, 19:58
I have had work done at Engine Specialties out in Glenfield before. Good price and very professional. Heaps of good advice from them too, was the first engine I built and they were happy to answer all the questions I had

They also did a couple rebores for me good work good price they certainly know their stuff