PDA

View Full Version : South Island performance workshop?

southern_blade
5th October 2013, 20:58
Hey all. So ive been bitten by the go-faster bug after running down the quarter mile last weekend! Where would I find a workshop in the South Island that could supply and install a direct port nitrous system? I toyed with the idea of turbo-charging (already have the turbo sitting in my garage) but think I want to try a nitrous kit first. Already have the usual mods with a Yoshi, K&N & PC3 running on my ZX12R. Anybody ever heard of someone supercharging one of these? I know its been done to other bikes, there is a guy down this way with a supercharged V ROD, probably wouldnt suit the higher revving bikes I guess though huh?

I realise these questions have probably been asked already, I did search for them but couldnt find anything.....

300weatherby
5th October 2013, 21:01
Hey all. So ive been bitten by the go-faster bug after running down the quarter mile last weekend! Where would I find a workshop in the South Island that could supply and install a direct port nitrous system? I toyed with the idea of turbo-charging (already have the turbo sitting in my garage) but think I want to try a nitrous kit first. Already have the usual mods with a Yoshi, K&N & PC3 running on my ZX12R. Anybody ever heard of someone supercharging one of these? I know its been done to other bikes, there is a guy down this way with a supercharged V ROD, probably wouldnt suit the higher revving bikes I guess though huh?

I realise these questions have probably been asked already, I did search for them but couldnt find anything.....

Red from Triple R Superbike has fooled about a lot with nitrous on cars and bikes.

southern_blade
5th October 2013, 21:10
awesome, thanks! Do they have a dyno? Have heard that Dynoworx in Ashburton is the best place to get tuning done with the PC3, maybe not so much with nitrous though im guessing?

300weatherby
5th October 2013, 21:19
awesome, thanks! Do they have a dyno? Have heard that Dynoworx in Ashburton is the best place to get tuning done with the PC3, maybe not so much with nitrous though im guessing?

Red has his own dyno, tunes with Power Commander, Bazaz, Tuneboy, or just hacks into the ECU and back doors it.

Brendon may not be real keen on Nitrous, but he is a real good tuner, won't hurt to give him a call.

The Reibz
7th October 2013, 07:40
Does the bike still need to be streetable?

southern_blade
9th October 2013, 23:23
Yeah the idea is to have two tuning maps saved so its still streetable. A street map, or economy map if you prefer, which im hoping will extend my fuel range a bit as I do fairly regular 1000-1200km trips but then have a track map which I can load off my laptop (PC3 USB) for track days and drags. The NOS would only be tuned up for the Track map.