PDA

View Full Version : What I'm up to at motogpwerks California

motogpwerks Chris
8th October 2013, 03:02
Pretty slow summer for most motorcycle shops and related businesses.
Alot off this has been to the heat during the day three months off 35-45 degree dry heat sucks.I had brought new machines for the shop (vapour blaster ) as no one does it here on the west coast.
A couple off Ducati's came through flat tracker off RSD that i pulled completely apart and built a new exhaust ,new motec ECU (8,000us),straighten the swingarm so the bike went straight ,fixed all wiring ,changed controls,fixed race tech poor suspension build ,added traction control using motec and so on the former owner has spent 225,000 on the purchase of the bike including the 135k to roland and it never really did go after the magazine tested it.
Another desmo came through needing a after market ecu and dyno tuning as well as finishing off a pretty trick black custom Duck.
With all that a cb550 also came by through a friend ,so i built a exhaust and quickly repainted it for his son's first bike.

During winter is when you can go out to the track and do track days and the local series so with that in mind i started pulling out a couple off bikes to get ready for the classic series i have (yzf750 former monster attack ama bike ) so im going to race that and if its too slow (or Im too slow )then i have a 1000 to chuck at it and i brought another katana 1000 to pull apart and make into a quick race bike this month (oct).

motogpwerks Chris
8th October 2013, 03:10
projects for oct :yzf750rr,katana and a cb750f that i built a alloy adjustable subframe for and braced the frame