PDA

View Full Version : Queensland. Beautiful one day. Stupid the next.

Big Dave
8th October 2013, 11:48
Or so goes my take on the old Qld tourism jingle. It originally said 'Beautiful one day. Perfect the next.'

Some patched members have been rarking up on the Gold Coast and the powers that be are 'going to do something about it'.

I can see that the previously announced measure will prove effective.

It involved changing what they call 'Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs'. Now they are officially called 'Criminal Gangs' and must be referred to as such in't media.
Apparently 'Outlaw' is too romantic and all Ned Kelly.

And we all know that if there is one thing that will subvert a turf war it's...nomenclature.

So check this new beauty. You three.....on the Vespas....'

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/new-laws-anger-social-bike-riders-20131008-2v4y0.html

Gremlin
8th October 2013, 12:38
Reminds me of the story about a "gang ride" being pulled up by NZ police north of Auckland under the old unlawful gathering rules etc.

It was a Ulysses ride :laugh:

Wouldn't trust the laws to be "followed as intended" at all... We all know what they'd say "We're just enforcing the law, speak to the court"

ellipsis
8th October 2013, 13:09
...many moons ago a uniform tried to arrest me and two others for being an illegal assembly...it was very funny...I had no idea who the other two were and we were not illegally assembling...he went back to his car for something and the other two walked away...while he went to bring them back to our 'illegal assembly' point, I had also walked away...don't know the outcome of it, I'd gone by then...

unstuck
8th October 2013, 14:02
...many moons ago a uniform tried to arrest me and two others for being an illegal assembly...it was very funny...I had no idea who the other two were and we were not illegally assembling...he went back to his car for something and the other two walked away...while he went to bring them back to our 'illegal assembly' point, I had also walked away...don't know the outcome of it, I'd gone by then...

They used to round us up from the Auckland domain, where we were earning a living from the tourists who wanted a photo of some punks, and take us back to central for a bit of exercise in the lock up. Apparently there was some law that said we couldn't hang around in groups, but none of us ever got charged with anything until we resisted.:devil2:

Smifffy
8th October 2013, 16:41
Just like the anti-smacking law meant the average Mum & Dad had nothing to fear it was all about 'protecting the poor wee abused kiddies'. Until Popo decided it was up to the courts to set the precedent...