PDA

View Full Version : Representative governance, and shit

Akzle
8th October 2013, 18:10
< 30%voter turnout for local elections. <24h to go.

Time for a revolution yet?

neels
8th October 2013, 18:13
Nobody gives a shit.

The same drones that work for the council will still work for the council regardless of who gets elected, and the stupid rules that they work to won't change.

The only variable is what monument to themselves that you don't need they'll spend your rates money on, doesn't matter who it is, they all seem to have the same need to do it.

Oakie
8th October 2013, 18:17
It's harder in the local body erections. Many more candidates and without the shortcut of just voting for the party of your choice. And You can vote for more than one in many instances ... It's hard work. (I did mine an hour ago.)

mashman
8th October 2013, 18:30
Oh. I thought 'hot or not' had made it into the physical domain and they were having a 'hot or not idol'. Revolution sounds fun though. What is it?

Smifffy
8th October 2013, 19:41
You say you got a real solution? Well, you know we'd all love to see the plan. You ask me for a contribution well, you know we're doing what we can, but when you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell is bro, you have to wait.

haydes55
8th October 2013, 19:53

I got my enrollment pack, enrolled, then refused to vote.

What moron would vote for 1 candidate over another because their billboard said the exact same thing but a different color.

There were about 20 signs stuck into the ground on a stretch of road. Every single one said "Vote *** ***** for Mayor". Suuure I vote for people because a sign said to vote for you.

The least a candidate can do is bullet point what they stand for.

Unless you went to an electoral debate and read all the (some may say biased) newspaper comparisons, you could be voting for Hitler for all you know.

The candidates who dropped flyers in my letterbox saying what they stand for didn't get my vote. My letterbox says no junk mail... if you break a law to get voted in then I don't want you voted in.

Rant over.

mashman
8th October 2013, 20:50
You say you got a real solution? Well, you know we'd all love to see the plan. You ask me for a contribution well, you know we're doing what we can, but when you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell is bro, you have to wait.

Don't you know it's going to be all right.

Berries
8th October 2013, 22:26
Don't you know it's going to be all right.
Brown girl in the ring.

Akzle
9th October 2013, 07:02
Brown girl in the ring.

that reminds me of what i did one night, in otangarei...

unstuck
9th October 2013, 07:40
I nearly got run over on a pedestrian crossing last night by one of our local councilors, he wont be getting my vote cos I hurt my hand when I punched the side of his car. Bastard.:mad:

Banditbandit
9th October 2013, 08:02

Nobody gives a shit.

There will be no revolution as long as no-one gives a shit ...

Scuba_Steve
9th October 2013, 08:38
that reminds me of what i did one night, in otangarei...

What? fuck a brown chick in her arse? sounds much more exciting than "representative governance, and shit" & achieves a similar result

oldrider
9th October 2013, 08:59
There should be two Mayoral candidates ... one to sop up and do the photo opportunities and one to get down and dirty and do the work! :yes:

Here in the Waitaki they alternate ... damn it! :sick:

Ulsterkiwi
9th October 2013, 09:35
have to agree its hard to try and exercise your democratic right to vote when you have little or no idea of who to vote for. Any evening I was home in the last while I half expected to have someone knock on my door to explain why I should vote for them or the person they are supporting. Good job it was only half an expectation, the disappointment has been halved when it never happened......

nudemetalz
9th October 2013, 09:58
Here in Windy, there was someone who is going for Mayor.
His speech is ".... I am standing because I wish to inspire a generation of ethnic leaders to lead our communities and Country! If you wish to have a strong fresh leadership, ...."
Now I'm not racist but, ...

scissorhands
9th October 2013, 10:27
geopathic forces emanating from the gap in the earths crust have taken misplaced souls to the underworld
the future looks bright
no fault shall line this nest
cut from the same cloth a tapestry has bland patterns
either way you turn it

Maha
9th October 2013, 11:38
His speech is ".... I am standing because I wish to inspire a generation of ethnic leaders to lead our communities and Country! If you wish to have a strong fresh leadership, ...."

He left a small bit out...

''If you wish to have a strong fresh leadership, then vote for me because I have no chance...."

haydes55
9th October 2013, 11:40

Don't vote for me because I will improve the town, lower rates etc. Vote for me because I'm a different ethnicity.... I couldn't care less if the mayor was a fat, black, lesbian, muslim chick. All I care about is they stop wasting money on stupid shit.

Banditbandit
9th October 2013, 11:58
geopathic forces emanating from the gap in the earths crust have taken misplaced souls to the underworld
the future looks bright
either way you turn it

It's best to stay off this forum when you're stoned ..

Taxythingy
9th October 2013, 12:08
Vote for me, because I paid someone to write an inspirational, policy-free and totally non-committal blurb, just like everyone else. Well, except for Tubby, but he's a special case.

It would be useful to see committed policy ideas there (not #57 bus shelter moved to other side of road). You know, things like: housing density planning over the next 40 years, business & residential development requirements such as provision of parking & upgrading of intersections. Shit, I'd like to see a statement of ethics backed by a personal liability guarantee. :spanking:

BoristheBiter
9th October 2013, 12:45
I just found a reason to vote.

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Grow-an-atheist-pair-you-pssy---Mayoral-candidate-Reuben-Shadbolt/tabid/815/articleID/38273/Default.aspx

Scuba_Steve
9th October 2013, 13:03

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Grow-an-atheist-pair-you-pssy---Mayoral-candidate-Reuben-Shadbolt/tabid/815/articleID/38273/Default.aspx

Sounds like he's headed towards starting an Atheist cult

BoristheBiter
9th October 2013, 13:16
Sounds like he's headed towards starting an Atheist cult

He heading back to Invagiggle by the sounds of it.

oldrider
9th October 2013, 13:22
Atheists are like Harley riders ... all trying to be so different that they all look and sound the same! :drinknsin

Bikemad
9th October 2013, 13:57
this guy gets my vote
http://youtu.be/DZcFwzzJOkc

oldrider
9th October 2013, 14:04
this guy gets my vote
http://youtu.be/DZcFwzzJOkc

Phoney accent ... he is so obviously a Kiwi politician! :yes:

unstuck
9th October 2013, 14:51

Ha ha, daddys gonna love that.:facepalm:

Akzle
9th October 2013, 15:20
the future looks bright
either way you turn it

you gotta share those meds man!

Smifffy
9th October 2013, 15:23
It's best to stay off this forum when you're stoned ..

If that were really true, KB would lose half its membership overnight. :crazy:

unstuck
9th October 2013, 15:25
If that were really true, KB would lose half its membership overnight. :crazy:

I should not be on here at the moment.:shifty: