PDA

View Full Version : A good bastard

slofox
11th October 2013, 11:56
Had the misfortune (read idiocy) to run my sister-in-law's car into the back of someone else last week. Minor dent in car in front's bumper and a couple of scuffs on s-i-l's car.

I thought I had better sort s-i-l's scuffs out (before they get back from their o'seas tour...) :crazy:

Couldn't use the Touch Up Guys since the local lad is out of action for a month. Took it to a panel beater. He quoted $460 to fix it (remove body parts etc - whole nine yards).

Went round the corner and found "Flamin Body Shop" (at 50 Mahana Road, Te Rapa). Dude there had a look and said "Hang on mate, I'll have a looksee at what we can do."

He got a couple of bits out, buffed the scuffs, applied a tiny bit of paint and it was good as new. Twenty minutes all up. He wasn't even wanting to be paid for his time. I gave him $40 anyway.

He does custom paint work as well as ding repairs. I'd have to say he truly lived up to "good bastard" standards.

Very highly recommended.

Edbear
11th October 2013, 12:08
Had the misfortune (read idiocy) to run my sister-in-law's car into the back of someone else last week. Minor dent in car in front's bumper and a couple of scuffs on s-i-l's car.

I thought I had better sort s-i-l's scuffs out (before they get back from their o'seas tour...) :crazy:

Couldn't use the Touch Up Guys since the local lad is out of action for a month. Took it to a panel beater. He quoted $460 to fix it (remove body parts etc - whole nine yards).

Went round the corner and found "Flamin Body Shop" (at 50 Mahana Road, Te Rapa). Dude there had a look and said "Hang on mate, I'll have a looksee at what we can do."

He got a couple of bits out, buffed the scuffs, applied a tiny bit of paint and it was good as new. Twenty minutes all up. He wasn't even wanting to be paid for his time. I gave him $40 anyway.

He does custom paint work as well as ding repairs. I'd have to say he truly lived up to "good bastard" standards.

Very highly recommended.

Goodonyermate! Nice to be able to promote someone who deserves it! :2thumbsup

Be more careful next time, eh? :whistle:

BigAl
11th October 2013, 12:22
Good recommendation SF, duely noted.

slofox
11th October 2013, 12:34
Be more careful next time, eh? :whistle:

Couldn't believe I had been so stupid...:facepalm:

Edbear
11th October 2013, 12:45
Couldn't believe I had been so stupid...:facepalm:

Sucks when you can only blame yourself, eh? :bye:

Maha
11th October 2013, 14:23
Plastic parts?... I used a hair dryer on a bumper of our previous car, the ding (from reversing into a bank the night before) just popped out.

baffa
11th October 2013, 15:54
Hair dryer works, but on old cars though, the paint loses it's elasticity, so it basically crumbles.

I get good bastards all the time, they do simple things and insist on not being paid.

The opposite though, would be the bike wreckers on Barrys Point road in Takapuna.

Asked for pegs for a bike. guy says no. So I ask him, if he would have anything else that would fit, as the bike shop had suggested he stocked some after market pegs.

Most people would have said nope, got nothing I can offer.

He starts ranting on about how he said no, and that means no, and basically being a cunt.

This is a small thing, but enough to make me never want to use him.

Funny how such a small thing can ruin business.

Tazz
11th October 2013, 16:02
Plastic parts?... I used a hair dryer on a bumper of our previous car, the ding (from reversing into a bank the night before) just popped out.

Reversing into a bank aye....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/25/article-0-1728C01F000005DC-4_634x573.jpg

haydes55
11th October 2013, 17:13
Couldn't believe I had been so OLD...:facepalm:

fixed that for ya ...

Investing in a mobility scooter with reversing sensors yet?

awa355
11th October 2013, 17:26

Yeah, those concrete posts they put in front of the ATM's take a bit of moving. :banana: