PDA

View Full Version : cunterbalance shaft

the oldstuff
14th October 2013, 18:10
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has removed their counterbalance shaft? I have a 70degree V-twin Yammy engine and am unsure if if might rattle my balls off if I removed it. Is it worth it in terms of power gain (rather quicker revving)? Anyone in ChCh do head/flow work for beer and pizza, rooting the missus etc?

Grumph
14th October 2013, 19:44
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has removed their counterbalance shaft? I have a 70degree V-twin Yammy engine and am unsure if if might rattle my balls off if I removed it. Is it worth it in terms of power gain (rather quicker revving)? Anyone in ChCh do head/flow work for beer and pizza, rooting the missus etc?

Well the early 70degree XV750/920/980/1100 didn't have a balance shaft and they're quite acceptably smooth. They do seem to have an odd balance factor though...the TR1 crank i have here works out at around 34% which is unusual.....
The one TR1 based pre 82 racing locally has had i believe around 2kg taken off the crank....

i've been doing head work for around 40 years now....cash speaks loudly.

the oldstuff
14th October 2013, 21:14
Well the early 70degree XV750/920/980/1100 didn't have a balance shaft and they're quite acceptably smooth. They do seem to have an odd balance factor though...the TR1 crank i have here works out at around 34% which is unusual.....
The one TR1 based pre 82 racing locally has had i believe around 2kg taken off the crank....

i've been doing head work for around 40 years now....cash speaks loudly.

I have cash and lots of slower than need be bikes.
So where is "out in the cold"? Close to me or just a euphemism for also being married?

Kickaha
14th October 2013, 21:25
So where is "out in the cold"? Close to me or just a euphemism for also being married?
30 minutes Southish of your place

....cash speaks loudly.
Does it speak loud enough that the IRD hear about it:whistle: