PDA

View Full Version : Simon Bridges beats up on John Campbell

oldrider
14th October 2013, 18:25
Did Simon Bridges gives John Campbell a well deserved serve tonight? ... "YES"! .... What did you think? :shifty:

Robbo
14th October 2013, 18:40
Did'nt see it tonight but John Campbell is a Total Plonker.:weird:

skippa1
14th October 2013, 18:46
Did Simon Bridges gives John Campbell a well deserved serve tonight? ... "YES"! .... What did you think? :shifty:

I thought so. Trouble with the likes of Campbell is that they try to dominate and steer the questioning to meet their opinion and corner the "guest" .When he can't get that, he looses it

george formby
14th October 2013, 18:48
Did Simon Bridges gives John Campbell a well deserved serve? ... "YES"! What did you think? :shifty:
Nah, I think he was a cock, smarmy salesman.
I know a bit about the oil industry & regardless of the amount of paper this gummint shuffle they are setting us up for a fail. Yon Bridges can't see past the hyperbole.
Never mind the environmental risk, the millions of dollars of equipment this company is supposed to have floating around.. Uh huh, like in Mexico? Think not.
Wonder what the earthquake strategy is?

Nah, his shoite is for the betterment of those already at the top who do the bulk of their investing offshore. So, where does the money go? That's the nub of it.
We get a bit of tax.
I would back drilling if we used the Norwegian model, NZ companies invested in from overseas, money stays here, we develop our own tech, designed & built here, sold overseas later, too, tax on profits used to bolster our own economy, lifestyle & development, strict regulations as to the percentage of foreign workers brought into "our" industry, safety standards paramount in all operations etc.
Currently it looks more like the usual fiasco, flog it off to the highest bidder & us underlings carry the can for any fuck ups with our tax.

oldrider
14th October 2013, 18:58
I thought so. Trouble with the likes of Campbell is that they try to dominate and steer the questioning to meet their opinion and corner the "guest" .When he can't get that, he looses it

That is what I was referring to rather than the pro's and con's of the subject matter ... the subject matter usually takes second place to Campbell. :shifty:

Road kill
14th October 2013, 19:07
I watched some clown try to give Campbell the bash once,,an the little prick shaped up quite well.

Really was quite disappointed,I reckon he'd look good with a busted nose.:laugh:

george formby
14th October 2013, 19:51
That is what I was referring to rather than the pro's and con's of the subject matter ... the subject matter usually takes second place to Campbell. :shifty:

Fair call. He was certainly sniping. Yon Bridges seemed to expect it & toed the party line playing spot the difference.

I've met JC a couple of times, looked after him & his family for a few days. Struck me as a good, considerate bloke with a lovely wife & kids. Never discussed current affairs with him, though.

Smifffy
14th October 2013, 21:02
Fuck Bridges. Fuck Campbell. Both are cunts.

Crasherfromwayback
14th October 2013, 21:07
Fuck Bridges. Fuck Campbell. Both are cunts.

Lol. Having a bad day mate?

scott411
15th October 2013, 05:59
its sad that Campbell is our only real interviewer on TV, he gets the pip when he did not get the answers he wants, he continues to talk over the other person, but i dont think Bridges went as well as Key did, the smart ass "we should do this more often" at the end made him come across as a tosser,

Swoop
15th October 2013, 09:32
...he continues to talk over the other person...
I laughed when he trotted that out last night. Complaining that it wasn't nice to talk over someone, then proceeds to attempt to do exactly that to Bridges!

Obviously Key and Bridges have been trained up by the same "interview techniques" person. Makes for entertaining viewing.:shifty:

oldrider
15th October 2013, 09:42
I laughed when he trotted that out last night. Complaining that it wasn't nice to talk over someone, then proceeds to attempt to do exactly that to Bridges!

Obviously Key and Bridges have been trained up by the same "interview techniques" person. Makes for entertaining viewing.:shifty:

I thought Campbell was going to break down and cry for a moment there! :lol: .. Refreshing to say the least!

Swoop
15th October 2013, 09:44
I thought Campbell was going to break down and cry for a moment there! :lol: .. Refreshing to say the least!
Another chortle with asking Mr Producer if they could continue instead of having a commercial break.
I guess he was hoping for another chance to redeem himself and get on top of the "discussion".:rofl:

Naki Rat
15th October 2013, 10:09
The fact remains that New Zealand's 100 or so offshore wells are all in a few hundred metres depth and most considerably less. To be considering drilling in 2,000m plus depths, in what are often some of the worst sea conditions in the world, and week or months away from the possible arrival of relief rigs and capable spill containment vessels is risky at best.

The Gulf of Mexico is still fucked following the Deepwater Horizon blowout despite the might of the US government being on BP's case. NZ ended up smiling and walking away from the mess that the Rena grounding caused and that was a tiny fraction of what a well blowout is capable of and was only a few kms off the coast.

When things go wrong you can guarantee that after a cursory attempt at a clean-up Anadako will wave Bridges and his hundreds of pages of submissions and risk assessments good-bye and leave NZ to a less than 100% Pure future. The assurances that Bridges is quoting won't be worth a pinch of shit but he doesn't, or refuses to, realise this. He came across as an arrogant tosser IMO.

While I don't agree with Campbell's approach at times he is now our only investigative TV journo and he is doing pretty well as the voice of NZ toward an increasingly 'fuck you' government.

Banditbandit
15th October 2013, 10:13
I thought Bridges looked like an arrogant dick last night ...

He did say something interesting tho" - 1,000 wells have been drilled here ...

Well, fuck me ... and just how may barrels of oil has that produced? When are we going to stop this farce ... Petrobas had a look off east cape - and found bugger all and left ... No-one has found oil here - except in small uneconomic pockets. When are we going to stop looking for something that is not there ???

avgas
15th October 2013, 10:51
I know a bit about the oil industry & regardless of the amount of paper this gummint shuffle they are setting us up for a fail. Yon Bridges can't see past the hyperbole.
Never mind the environmental risk, the millions of dollars of equipment this company is supposed to have floating around.. Uh huh, like in Mexico? Think not.
What he said.

Hand grenades are only as safe as the pin manufacturer. If we can't even park a shipping container into Tauranga Harbour how the fuck are we going to stop off-shore rigs getting fucked.

Never mind the fact that what they are proposing - is on the borderline of insane depths that the U.S. hasn't even risked yet. Are we dumber than Americans?

oldrider
15th October 2013, 11:17
Errr this thread is about the interview not the subject. :yes:

avgas
15th October 2013, 11:31
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eD2JKoKGrjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poor Simon didn't like the fact that there was nothing positive to say about the project.
Why didn't he just state the fact that the deepest well is X meters?
Kept trying to derail the conversation rather than answer a simple question?

Naki Rat
15th October 2013, 11:56
Errr this thread is about the interview not the subject. :yes:
So you want to ignore the gravity of the interview's actual subject in the same way that Bridges did? Seems a bit pointless, and pointed.

Big Dave
15th October 2013, 12:18
Tabloid television! Really? Why would you do that to yourself?

Have you tried taking up a hobby old bean?

oldrider
15th October 2013, 12:21
So you want to ignore the gravity of the interview's actual subject in the same way that Bridges did? Seems a bit pointless, and pointed.

Don't spose it matters any more now the bit about the "interviewer/interviewee" is done and dusted ... go for it, say what you like! :corn:

mashman
15th October 2013, 12:29
My kids conduct themselves better.

Maha
15th October 2013, 12:30
It was comedy equal with any Graeme Norton chat.

Banditbandit
15th October 2013, 12:56
Are you really surprised ???

Television is primarily a money-making venture - and second, it's an entertainment medium. Therefore everything has to be entertaining - and attract audiences - that's how you make money (selling acess to the audience for advertisers - one ad in Campbell live will cost you $6,800).

I suppose some of you thought that it's an information service ??? Well propogandized aren't you ...

nonie
15th October 2013, 14:35
imho Bridges is typical of most National MP's. Arrogant, self centered , does not give a damn about NZ.... reminds me of let me see...Key, Collins, Parata, English. Anyone who starts a sentence with "..The truth of the matter is/ the fact of the matter is..." or in Key's case "SO..." is usually talking bollocks. Not a great fan of Campbell but Bridges was so pathetic that Campbell looked quite good.

awa355
15th October 2013, 14:38
It was comedy equal with any Graeme Norton chat.

You watch Graeme Norton????? :crazy: JJEEEZZZZ!!!

Maha
15th October 2013, 14:40

Ellen, I meant Ellen :rolleyes:

Crasherfromwayback
15th October 2013, 14:42

I do. I find him as funny as fuck.

Big Dave
15th October 2013, 15:02
I do. I find him as funny as fuck.

He fills space. Enjoyment entirely depends on the talking heads. Hugh Grant, Miranda and any female named Osborne and let the wrist slashing begin. Gone in 30 seconds.

Others not so much.

Crasherfromwayback
15th October 2013, 15:30
He fills space. Enjoyment entirely depends on the talking heads. Hugh Grant, Miranda and any female named Osborne and let the wrist slashing begin. Gone in 30 seconds.

Others not so much.

Agree. Some people I thought would be crap guests turned out to be the best value.

HenryDorsetCase
15th October 2013, 15:55

Nah, his shoite is for the betterment of those already at the top who do the bulk of their investing offshore. So, where does the money go? That's the nub of it.
We get a bit of tax.
I would back drilling if we used the Norwegian model, NZ companies invested in from overseas, money stays here, we develop our own tech, designed & built here, sold overseas later, too, tax on profits used to bolster our own economy, lifestyle & development, strict regulations as to the percentage of foreign workers brought into "our" industry, safety standards paramount in all operations etc.
Currently it looks more like the usual fiasco, flog it off to the highest bidder & us underlings carry the can for any fuck ups with our tax.

right on!

I loathe that Bridges. He is a pure Nazional Tory toady. Even if I thought he was competent to operate a corner shop (which he clearly is not) the fact is YET AGAIN the profit is privatised and the risk is borne by the public purse.

It is flat wrong.

Not that the taxpayers will get an opinion because our overlords and their lumpy minions are there to beat us into line. Fascist fuckers.

Not that I am angry.

Also, I am an equal opportunity hater: I hated Liarbour when they were in as well. Maybe a smidge less than this bunch of cunts, but not by much.

oldrider
15th October 2013, 16:47
Also, I am an equal opportunity hater: I hated Liarbour when they were in as well. Maybe a smidge less than this bunch of cunts, but not by much.

Never mind, you will probably get an opportunity to hone up your hatred of Liabour following the next election, if the media stay consistent! :rolleyes:

SPman
15th October 2013, 17:12
its sad that Campbell is our only real interviewer on TV, he gets the pip when he did not get the answers he wants, he continues to talk over the other person, but i dont think Bridges went as well as Key did, the smart ass "we should do this more often" at the end made him come across as a tosser,Made him come across as a tosser? - Bridges is grade A tosser from beginning to end - a little shouty person who shouts a lot because he's a nasty little toe rag!

Big Dave
15th October 2013, 17:18
Also, I am an equal opportunity hater:

This is where I do the Mashman shuffle.

The two party system is broken. Maybe it never worked.

Over here is a shemozzle. Currently (pending recounts) the distributed preferences system has allowed an eccentric, self-interested mining magnate to purchase the balance of Government power.

Brett
15th October 2013, 18:04
Rubbish journalism. Not sure that I disagree with John Campbell though. ( I am a Nat voter too...). There is a lot more that I want to see before I am ok with deep water drilling in NZ.

george formby
15th October 2013, 18:57
Rubbish journalism. Not sure that I disagree with John Campbell though. ( I am a Nat voter too...). There is a lot more that I want to see before I am ok with deep water drilling in NZ.

Yer darn tootin!

Campbell Live is not the smartest place to get an opinion but energy & mineral resources do need to be discussed. They ain't making them anymore. A long term political, economic, technological & environmental strategy to develop our resources in coming decades would be a very smart thing to do.
It's not reinventing the wheel, most European producers are regulated to the hilt & still making bazillions but they are using old tech on rigs already past there design life.
A mate was employed by an offshore company 5 months ago, a few days later the company inspector stated the rig did not meet current standards so my mate is sat at home on full pay until at least December until it does.
Having said all that it will be awhile before they have the tech to safely withstand a hundred year wave in the Southern Ocean.
It's a bit rougher than the North Sea.

oldrider
15th October 2013, 18:58
Didn't see enough of the interview Campbell did with Len Brown tonight but it appeared to me that he played it all very low key on his lefty mate!

Can't seem to find it on Google, can anybody else find it and post the link here please?

george formby
15th October 2013, 19:02
Didn't see enough of the interview Campbell did with Len Brown tonight but it appeared to me that he played it all very low key on his lefty mate!

Can't seem to find it on Google, can anybody else find it and post the link here please?

Might not be a political bias, nudge nudge wink wink. :shutup:

Oooooooh Len Brown on the vinegar strokes, shirt tail cracking like a whip.:shit:

Smifffy
15th October 2013, 19:53
Yer darn tootin!

Campbell Live is not the smartest place to get an opinion but energy & mineral resources do need to be discussed. They ain't making them anymore. A long term political, economic, technological & environmental strategy to develop our resources in coming decades would be a very smart thing to do.
It's not reinventing the wheel, most European producers are regulated to the hilt & still making bazillions but they are using old tech on rigs already past there design life.
A mate was employed by an offshore company 5 months ago, a few days later the company inspector stated the rig did not meet current standards so my mate is sat at home on full pay until at least December until it does.
Having said all that it will be awhile before they have the tech to safely withstand a hundred year wave in the Southern Ocean.

The problem is that the feckers ain't interested in discussing anything. They've made their small money grubbing minds up, claim they have a mandate from the electorate by virtue of being voted in, and just do as they fuckin well please. Even commissar Clark backed off when the peasants started getting too antsy, even after her demise was imminent (cf low flow shower nozzles).

John Campbell doesn't interview or interrogate them. He sucks their cock & strokes their ego in the hopes they'll be back again, or else he'd never have anything to fill his half hour with.

Fuck them. Cunts.

george formby
15th October 2013, 19:59
They ain't interested in the long game that's for shore, just the next erection, oh, shit, election, no, no, er episode! Who are we disgusting again?:confused:

scott411
15th October 2013, 20:53

saw the whole interview , Campbell treated him with kid gloves, amazing to see it him interview so different over two nights,

Banditbandit
16th October 2013, 07:46
Ellen, I meant Ellen :rolleyes:

Gawd - she's worse than Norton !!!

saw the whole interview , Campbell treated him with kid gloves, amazing to see it him interview so different over two nights,

And how does that compare to deep sea drilling? How has he damaged anything? Who really gives a fuck if Len Brown had an affair??? His wife .. and that's about it ...

Adultery is not illegal, and Brown is in no position to pass laws about our collective morality ... so his own morality is irrelevant ...

scott411
16th October 2013, 08:06
Gawd - she's worse than Norton !!!

And how does that compare to deep sea drilling? How has he damaged anything? Who really gives a fuck if Len Brown had an affair??? His wife .. and that's about it ...

Adultery is not illegal, and Brown is in no position to pass laws about our collective morality ... so his own morality is irrelevant ...

When Bridges gave an answer that Campbell didnt like he attacked him, when Len was asked if he had sex on council premises Campbell took the "its private" answer and moved on, did not push at all,

agreed its different topics, and Len was lamb to a slaughter and looked like it, where as Bridges came in ready for a fight, which may have been the reason Campbell was much different, but it smells like bias to me,

and about the different topics, Len having it off with birds wont every endanger our enviroment, or create us any wealth and jobs, like deep sea drilling may and will,

Banditbandit
16th October 2013, 08:14
When Bridges gave an answer that Campbell didnt like he attacked him,

My recollectio of the interview was that Bridgers attacked first ... I'm not trying to suggest that "he hit me first/No he hit me" senario .. Bridgers that set the confrontational tone ..

when Len was asked if he had sex on council premises Campbell took the "its private" answer and moved on, did not push at all,

agreed its different topics, and Len was lamb to a slaughter and looked like it, where as Bridges came in ready for a fight, which may have been the reason Campbell was much different, but it smells like bias to me,

It looked to me like Campbell was being senstive to a private and prsonal matter that Brown had voluntarily made publc ...

and about the different topics, Len having it off with birds wont every endanger our enviroment, or create us any wealth and jobs, like deep sea drilling may and will,

That's true - so why did Campbell need to play attack dog with Brown ??? he did not ...

(And may/will create jobs? 1,000 wells drilled here so far and how much oil has been discovered? How many barrells extracted??? How many jobs ??? Zilch, zero, nada and none ... discovering oil in New Zealand is a pipe dream !!!)

scott411
16th October 2013, 08:27
My recollectio of the interview was that Bridgers attacked first ... I'm not trying to suggest that "he hit me first/No he hit me" senario .. Bridgers that set the confrontational tone ..

It looked to me like Campbell was being senstive to a private and prsonal matter that Brown had voluntarily made publc ...

That's true - so why did Campbell need to play attack dog with Brown ??? he did not ...

(And may/will create jobs? 1,000 wells drilled here so far and how much oil has been discovered? How many barrells extracted??? How many jobs ??? Zilch, zero, nada and none ... discovering oil in New Zealand is a pipe dream !!!)

on the oil, been to Taranaki lately? seems to go alright there, Crude oil is our 4th biggest export already, http://www.stats.govt.nz/browse_for_stats/snapshots-of-nz/nz-in-profile-2012/exports.aspx
bit more than Nada there,

on Len Brown, he did not voluntary make it public, he was outed, and he admitted to it,

oldrider
16th October 2013, 09:50
Wanking is not illegal, and Brown is in no position to pass laws about our collective morality ... so his own morality is irrelevant ...

True but providing a healthy work environment is relevant! :doctor:

Did John Campbell shake Len Browns hand at the conclusion of the interview? :eek:

If Brown continues as the Mayor of the (renamed) "City of Semen" will he have new wash hand facilities installed in his office and under the desk? :tugger:

ellipsis
16th October 2013, 10:07
...like all people in the public limelight...the crime (in this case, not a crime) is not the crime...it's being caught... if we were to drag every transgression by our elected rogues around in public, we would spend 365 days a year catching up with the weasel bastards and bitches sins...(this should be in the Len thread)

Banditbandit
16th October 2013, 10:17
on the oil, been to Taranaki lately? seems to go alright there, Crude oil is our 4th biggest export already, http://www.stats.govt.nz/browse_for_stats/snapshots-of-nz/nz-in-profile-2012/exports.aspx
bit more than Nada there,

Yeah .. I stand corrected - I thought there was no crude extracted here .. I was wrong.

mashman
16th October 2013, 10:23
If Brown continues as the Mayor of the (renamed) "City of Semen" will he have new wash hand facilities installed in his office and under the desk? :tugger:

Nah... more likely a spatula, petri dish and turkey baster.

Banditbandit
16th October 2013, 11:07

A humidor with Chinese cigars perhaps (modelling on his hero Bil Clinton)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFsGLLkxqW7Z9qLHIUn-cCfICvGMTZkdSLBqL6trhnTCIXdeESg3vlfdYfiQ

Swoop
16th October 2013, 11:29
A relative of mine has spent all his working life at sea, primarily North Sea oil exploration...
His ship was doing the survey work off of the southern west coast of NZ and he said it was the worst sea conditions to work in, that he had ever encountered.

I have to agree that the discussion needs to take place about the resources we have around us and how to extract and use them if we choose to do so.

The green party will simply demand that nothing is touched, anywhere, ever. A more realistic approach needs to take place and be discussed, so that profits are maximised for the benefit of NZ and not just a few companies and/or individuals. We will never be in the same position as Saudi Arabia.

oldrider
16th October 2013, 12:36
A relative of mine has spent all his working life at sea, primarily North Sea oil exploration...
His ship was doing the survey work off of the southern west coast of NZ and he said it was the worst sea conditions to work in, that he had ever encountered.

I have to agree that the discussion needs to take place about the resources we have around us and how to extract and use them if we choose to do so.

The green party will simply demand that nothing is touched, anywhere, ever. A more realistic approach needs to take place and be discussed, so that profits are maximised for the benefit of NZ and not just a few companies and/or individuals. We will never be in the same position as Saudi Arabia.

Totally agree but Campbell and his like just don't encourage debate, they just want to flog their own take on everything, he's as green party as it gets! :sick:

puddytat
16th October 2013, 20:52
Campbell burning Bridges :motu:
http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2013/10/14/john-campbell-burns-simon-bridges/

oldrider
16th October 2013, 21:19
Campbell burning Bridges :motu:
http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2013/10/14/john-campbell-burns-simon-bridges/

Shit there are some twisted fuckwits in this world! :facepalm:

Smifffy
16th October 2013, 21:36

Yup. Surprising how often they turn up on tv to argue with Campbell too.

ellipsis
16th October 2013, 21:39
...the strangest things happen at sea...

george formby
16th October 2013, 22:00
...the strangest things happen at sea...

You again!:laugh:

I have two things to contribute to this thread
1. Dyson hand dryers.. Amazin! Can't share what I'm going to stick in one when I get the chance..
2. Southern Ocean, we got snotted so badly an engineer welded himself into his cabin for 3 days. Our sister ship had a 25 ton winch ripped off the deck. True story.

Berries
16th October 2013, 22:00
If Brown continues as the Mayor of the (renamed) "City of Semen"
What do you mean renamed?

shafty
16th October 2013, 22:22

Yes, interesting to see, on the right hand side of the screen, who subscribes to that piffle

Oldrider, I was pleased to find the link to the interview which I missed on the goggle box, and in answer to your question ~ YES, Bridges spanked his butt

Enjoyed watching that too :Punk:

ellipsis
16th October 2013, 22:34
You again!:laugh:

I have two things to contribute to this thread
1. Dyson hand dryers.. Amazin! Can't share what I'm going to stick in one when I get the chance..
2. Southern Ocean, we got snotted so badly an engineer welded himself into his cabin for 3 days. Our sister ship had a 25 ton winch ripped off the deck. True story.

...some cunts just get worse and worse, me for example...yeah, been there, bobbed around as a miniscule on a few seas and a couple of oceans...seen some things that would fuck most people...still here...lots aren't...

oldrider
16th October 2013, 22:40
What do you mean renamed?

It was the "City of Sails" until big Lennie changed it to the "City of Semen" ... he apparently sprayed it everywhere! :tugger:

Under his desk all over the Ngati Whatua room all over her all over the carpet and there was no mention that he washed his hands before greeting dignitaries! :puke:

ellipsis
16th October 2013, 22:42
It was the "City of Sails" until big Lennie changed it to the "City of Semen" ... he apparently sprayed it everywhere! :tugger:

Under his desk all over the Ngati Whatua room all over her all over the carpet and there was no mention that he washed his hands before greeting dignitaries! :puke:

...your'e awash with it... calm...ommmmmmmmmm