PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else's TV just turn off?

mashman
4th November 2013, 21:37
Was just watching Castle and just as the drone pilot said he had lost control of the drone, the TV turned itself off. Me und Mrs M just stared at each other for a bit, but it was On Demand at the time so we rewound it. This time instead of the TV turning itself off, it changed channel source. We did this 4 or 5 times and eventually skipped that little bit, but 2 or 3 seconds after that it does the same thing. I recorded Castle and have just played it back with the same results.

Anyone know what the pilot said?

Crasherfromwayback
4th November 2013, 21:43

Yep.

Put your tin foil hat on and buckle up.

Skiwi
4th November 2013, 21:53
Go next door and ask your neighbour to stop fucking around with his remote extender....

Laava
4th November 2013, 21:55
Is it a Philips?

Berries
4th November 2013, 22:04
Yippie-ki-ay motherfucker.

mashman
4th November 2013, 22:10
Put your tin foil hat on and buckle up.

I don't believe you.

Go next door and ask your neighbour to stop fucking around with his remote extender....

The thought occurred to me... too precise for them though :shifty:

Is it a Philips?

Nope, it'sa Mine. (spamdung).

Yippie-ki-ay motherfucker.

I don't believe you either.

Big Dave
5th November 2013, 00:22
I don't believe you.

Irony-o-meter off the scale.

Drew
5th November 2013, 05:37
This ought to be good. Katman, whatchoo know about the government not wanting us to understand the plot of dramatic TV shows?

Grumph
5th November 2013, 05:39
Irony-o-meter off the scale.

Very true....lol.

Anyone want to start a poll as to whether it was the GCSB or a KB member who's finally discovered the address ?

Berries
5th November 2013, 05:42
I don't believe you either.
Yeah you got me. What actually happened is her phone rang which is a well used plot device in this programme when they can't not work out how to segue in to the next scene.

Did anybody else notice that on the side of the drone it had the MEGAUPLOAD logo?

nzspokes
5th November 2013, 05:43
First world problems.....

unstuck
5th November 2013, 06:57
Cant believe there are people around who watch that kind of shit. TV should be used to view 3 things ...

1. Cemetery circuit.

2. NZ rally championship.

3. Country calendar.

SMOKEU
5th November 2013, 07:54
It's probably the Jews.

Zedder
5th November 2013, 09:04
Was just watching Castle and just as the drone pilot said he had lost control of the drone, the TV turned itself off. Me und Mrs M just stared at each other for a bit, but it was On Demand at the time so we rewound it. This time instead of the TV turning itself off, it changed channel source. We did this 4 or 5 times and eventually skipped that little bit, but 2 or 3 seconds after that it does the same thing. I recorded Castle and have just played it back with the same results.

Dunno what he said but next time activate the anti-GCSB mode circuit prior to watching the programme.

wysper
5th November 2013, 11:23
What is this TV you speak of?

BoristheBiter
5th November 2013, 11:26
Are you on UHF or satellite?

ellipsis
5th November 2013, 12:02
...yeah...ours just started fucking about...random channel numbers popping up, screen went blank last night for no apparent reason...our son who knows his shit with this stuff is a bit flummoxed by it...less TV suits me...he was mumbling about our dish, and not being able to do the uhf thing in our area?...

mashman
5th November 2013, 13:27
Dunno what he said but next time activate the anti-GCSB mode circuit prior to watching the programme.

No chance... they'll not see me fappin if I do.

Are you on UHF or satellite?

Satellite. Just watched it again and it's still doing it. Must be sommink fuckin up the signal.

BoristheBiter
5th November 2013, 13:45
No chance... they'll not see me fappin if I do.

Satellite. Just watched it again and it's still doing it. Must be sommink fuckin up the signal.

Must be something with the satellite then My folks was playing up as well last night.
UHF has issues with cellphone/UHF frequency/cop radios so I wonder if it is something like that.

Or it could be dem aliens, sneaky little fuckers dem aliens

mashman
5th November 2013, 15:10
Must be something with the satellite then My folks was playing up as well last night.
UHF has issues with cellphone/UHF frequency/cop radios so I wonder if it is something like that.

Or it could be dem aliens, sneaky little fuckers dem aliens

Weez got sky so unsure about the UHF issues. I recorded it onto the sky box and it must be some signal that the programme puts out as it still happens when I watch it back. Tres weird.,, but will hit tvunzud on demand tonight to find out whit the pilot said.

Damn good point, little bastards...

BoristheBiter
5th November 2013, 15:30
Weez got sky so unsure about the UHF issues. I recorded it onto the sky box and it must be some signal that the programme puts out as it still happens when I watch it back. Tres weird.,, but will hit tvunzud on demand tonight to find out whit the pilot said.

Damn good point, little bastards...

So were you watching a sky channel or a freeview one?

If it was sky then I think that's your answer.

Drew
5th November 2013, 15:43
On demand that shit from the lappy. Keep ot close to the tv and see if when that bit plays, it upsets the telle again.

Just for the sheer fuck of it.

avgas
5th November 2013, 15:47
Is it hooked up to the wifi?

If so some hoodwink just needs to download the samsung remote and they can control it over your wifi (did this with neighbours sony)

avgas
5th November 2013, 15:48
either that or stop sitting on the remote.......

Skiwi
5th November 2013, 16:59
Weez got sky ...

Ah! That wee gem of information would have been helpful earlier, yes, ours was doing the same.

Can I borrow some of your tinfoil? My hat is obviously not thick enough....:weird:

mashman
5th November 2013, 18:25
So were you watching a sky channel or a freeview one?

If it was sky then I think that's your answer.

Watching TVNZ One through the sky box.

On demand that shit from the lappy. Keep ot close to the tv and see if when that bit plays, it upsets the telle again.

Just for the sheer fuck of it.

Ooooo, that would be all tin foil hatty wuntit. Will do and will report ;)

Is it hooked up to the wifi?

If so some hoodwink just needs to download the samsung remote and they can control it over your wifi (did this with neighbours sony)

either that or stop sitting on the remote.......

Nope, was on the TV through the sky box. I have the programme recorded and it does the same thing at the same point.

:rofl: nah, t'ain't the neighbours, they know better than to open that cannoworms... I hope.

Ah! That wee gem of information would have been helpful earlier, yes, ours was doing the same.

Can I borrow some of your tinfoil? My hat is obviously not thick enough....:weird:

It's the first time that's happened at oor place.

S'ok, your skull seems to be compensating for the lack of tinfoil thickness.

Akzle
5th November 2013, 19:13
get that shit out of the house and be glad you havent been microchipped yet. Switching shit off via remote signal isnt impossible.
Im waiting for the anonymous takeover hack lulz.

mashman
5th November 2013, 21:56
get that shit out of the house and be glad you havent been microchipped yet. Switching shit off via remote signal isnt impossible.
Im waiting for the anonymous takeover hack lulz.

I hardly watch the thing... just the odd show and for movies. I guess a universal remote, where you pop in the code and send oot the signal plugged into haarp or that satellite you launched last week should do the trick.