PDA

View Full Version : There's something about a yellow ducati

gamgee
25th August 2005, 20:59
Saw one go past me at an intersection and into Mceiver and vietch (motorbike shop down here) and instantly it caught my eye like no other bike has before, i wouldn't have a clue what it was apart from that it was shiny, yellow and a ducati, but my god did i want it as soon as i saw it, just that raw elegance and the fact that you know that you'll never see it's top speed, i want one so bad now, more than any bike before!

White trash
25th August 2005, 21:02
Nope, you'll never see its top speed because it'll break well before getting there.

froggyfrenchman
25th August 2005, 21:17
wt has a point

Sniper
25th August 2005, 21:22
Wt always has a good point regarding Duc's

N4CR
25th August 2005, 21:33
Mien got! Someone has the same yellow Ducati fetish as me :clap:

Nothing sexier than a yellow 748R/916 etc in yellow with a beautiful white patch on the rear fairing... *heaven*

I just stare at them and tend to drift around in the lanes or miss a once in every five minutes gap in traffic, happens every time for some reason...

I don't think I will ever get over it, I also don't know if one will ever sit in my garage one day, but we all have dreams right?

Kickaha
25th August 2005, 21:34
Wt always has a good point regarding Duc's

Ever owned one Sniper or Froggyfrenchman?

They're like any bike, they're as reliable as the guy that owns and services them and mine used to see it's top speed on a fairly regular basis (not that it was very high anyway) as it used tb get hammered every Ducati club run we went on

I had mine 6 years and 50,000km, did two 1000 milers and the Southern Cross, I had a big end failure not long after I bought it which was due to faulty assembly by V2 engineering and the japanse battery failed

Jjust about every horror story that I heard about Ducati's came from people that had only read about them

They will require more attention and money spent on them to get the same reliabilty as a Jappa but at the end of the day I had mine because I wanted it and I didn't care what other people thought about my choice

avgas
25th August 2005, 21:35
have the same feelings about orange laverda's.....sadly these too suffer the same fate.
Mind due i have seen a old Jota go full snot a scare the local japanese bike owners

zadok
25th August 2005, 21:43
Yellow is rather eye catching. I like these beaties. The Trumpy looks the goods too.

Mooch
25th August 2005, 23:24
Ignore WT, He's had too many years of selling and being brain washed by Suzuki. And how can you take someone seriously that made a living out of selling Harley's. :motu:
Froggyfrench man owns an old Triumph so would know lots about unreliable bikes and probably knows every nut and bolt intimately if he can see it under all that engine oil. Don't mention the word Triumph electrics or the word Lucas unless you want to see a grown man cry. :weep:
As for young "Sniper”, wait until he progresses to a Honda CBR1000, he'll truly understand the full meaning of the word "Lemon". There's another thread here on one of those. :devil2:
As for top speed, mines done a number of sprint runs, don't remember it blowing up or anything , same in its racetrack days. I've read plenty of bike disaster stories here , but not many on Ducati and most have been hearsay. (Think Ducati knockers should put up or shut up) :ride:
Gamgee , looks like you've got a serious dose of Ducati envy , it won't stop until you own one. Totally agree on the colour as well, then again I might be considered biased.

matthewt
25th August 2005, 23:28
wt has a point

No he doesn't. He's just baiting a hook. You'd think a Harley fan would know better.

Big Dave
25th August 2005, 23:43
I like the look of them, and the sound - but mechanical failures have seriously injured 2 pretty good friends recently.

Pukee last saturday

SARGE
25th August 2005, 23:56
I like the look of them, and the sound -

i cant get past the sound of them.. nice bikes for sure.. i just think they sound like my pop's digger..

Big Dave
26th August 2005, 00:06
i cant get past the sound of them.. nice bikes for sure.. i just think they sound like my pop's digger..

yeah - I was thinking more old school - a darmah with dunstalls etc.
I think my favourite sounding motorcycle is a debaffled 1450 Road King. That is just a joy to listen to.
A worked Commando is close.

idb
26th August 2005, 00:21
Ever owned one Sniper or Froggyfrenchman?

They're like any bike, they're as reliable as the guy that owns and services them and mine used to see it's top speed on a fairly regular basis (not that it was very high anyway) as it used tb get hammered every Ducati club run we went on

I had mine 6 years and 50,000km, did two 1000 milers and the Southern Cross, I had a big end failure not long after I bought it which was due to faulty assembly by V2 engineering and the japanse battery failed

Jjust about every horror story that I heard about Ducati's came from people that had only read about them

They will require more attention and money spent on them to get the same reliabilty as a Jappa but at the end of the day I had mine because I wanted it and I didn't care what other people thought about my choice
Yeah...what he said...take that....hah!!

idb
26th August 2005, 00:22
Ignore WT, He's had too many years of selling and being brain washed by Suzuki. And how can you take someone seriously that made a living out of selling Harley's. :motu:
Froggyfrench man owns an old Triumph so would know lots about unreliable bikes and probably knows every nut and bolt intimately if he can see it under all that engine oil. Don't mention the word Triumph electrics or the word Lucas unless you want to see a grown man cry. :weep:
As for young "Sniper”, wait until he progresses to a Honda CBR1000, he'll truly understand the full meaning of the word "Lemon". There's another thread here on one of those. :devil2:
As for top speed, mines done a number of sprint runs, don't remember it blowing up or anything , same in its racetrack days. I've read plenty of bike disaster stories here , but not many on Ducati and most have been hearsay. (Think Ducati knockers should put up or shut up) :ride:
Gamgee , looks like you've got a serious dose of Ducati envy , it won't stop until you own one. Totally agree on the colour as well, then again I might be considered biased.
Yeah...more comin' at ya...!

MOTOXXX
26th August 2005, 02:09
get a Tl

they sound better and break down less.

my yellow tl gets heaps of attention

inlinefour
26th August 2005, 02:20
Nope, you'll never see its top speed because it'll break well before getting there.

Well said that man. :rofl:

LB
26th August 2005, 04:25
It's all about what spins your wheels.

I've always lusted after Ducatis, although have only had one for two years (in fact yesterday was my 800's second birthday!!).

I know I could get far more hp for my money. And more gizzmos.

But that's not what I want.

My Ducatis pull my heartstrings, and that's what owning a bike is all about isn't it?

There are lots and lots of great bikes out there. It's all about what feels right for YOU.

White trash
26th August 2005, 07:22
My fishing here is done.

You're welcome.

Edit: Just so we're clear, I reckon the 748-916 shape is the sexiest bike built. But don't tell anyone

Sparky Bills
26th August 2005, 08:40
get a Tl

they sound better and break down less.

my yellow tl gets heaps of attention

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Buy a TL :rofl:
Oh your classic Timmsy!!
Your bike only gets attention cause ive usually just done a wheelie in front of you and people are wondering when your gonna do one. :rofl: :motu:

It is funny how people put Ducati's down from what they are told about them. Sad really.

Cant go wrong with th older style Duc!! The looks! The Sound!! :love:

Smorg
26th August 2005, 09:05
My CBR is Ducati yellow and i f*#ken love it but thats as close as the similarities get while i love the look of a daytona i'd never part with my CBR, that and i couldnt afford it anyway :violin: