PDA

View Full Version : Ferries for NZSBK January 2014

steveyb
11th November 2013, 21:27
Gidday all.
I have just been informed by Interislander, one of Moto Academy NZ's cornerstone sponsors, that they are not able to offer us any sailings in January due to having to accommodate passengers off the Aratere sailings.

We have booked onto Bluebridge this evening, and could only get onto the 2:30am 2 Jan as all other spaces were full.

So, I suggest that if you have not yet booked, and plan to, that you get onto it pretty damn quick and be flexible with time and date.

Steve.

Skunk
11th November 2013, 21:31
Gidday all.
I have just been informed by Interislander, one of Moto Academy NZ's cornerstone sponsors, that they are not able to offer us any sailings in January due to having to accommodate passengers off the Aratere sailings.

We have booked onto Bluebridge this evening, and could only get onto the 2:30am 2 Jan as all other spaces were full.

So, I suggest that if you have not yet booked, and plan to, that you get onto it pretty damn quick and be flexible with time and date.

Steve.

Or you could contact Tony - www.cookstraitcrossings.co.nz and get a good deal! This is the company Vic Club members were getting their deals though when they logged into the website. He has his own website now. Pay when you sail and cheaper than the web saver price on the Interislander. But book it NOW!
These bookings are taken as freight bookings.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.

steveyb
11th November 2013, 21:52
Yes, that may work mate, but Interislander office are saying that the number of spaces available in Jan are very limited due to all of the bookings that have already been made for Jan and because they are now having to shift people from Aratere onto the remaining two ferries.
So, Tony might be out of luck like anybody else.
I don't know, just what my sponsor is telling me.

Drew
12th November 2013, 05:37
Oh for fuck sakes! Looks like I'm gonna need to miss my own New Years party.

Kickaha
12th November 2013, 05:52
Oh for fuck sakes! Looks like I'm gonna need to miss my own New Years party.

Nobody wanted you there anyway

Drew
12th November 2013, 06:07
Nobody wanted you there anyway

I don't care what they want. I wanted to hang out with the cool people who come to parties to see the missus.

steveyb
12th November 2013, 07:49
I don't care what they want. I wanted to hang out with the cool people who come to parties to see the missus.

"Fellas, check out the missus!!!"

Rcktfsh
12th November 2013, 19:24
Still some room on Bluebridge but selling fast, booked mine tonight when the supplementary regs came out today confirming Post Classic GP titles included at Ruapuna, wish I'd done it yesterday when cheaper fares were available.

budda
13th November 2013, 08:55
Or you could contact Tony - www.cookstraitcrossings.co.nz and get a good deal! This is the company Vic Club members were getting their deals though when they logged into the website. He has his own website now. Pay when you sail and cheaper than the web saver price on the Interislander. But book it NOW!
These bookings are taken as freight bookings.

haven't had time to look - is this the Straitsman ? Would work well enough, fly over to Nelson, taxi to the wharf and pick the Van / Car etc up ....... would pay to do some research though - have in the back of my mind ( and that is a very, very dark place ) that it might not be running any more ?

jellywrestler
14th November 2013, 08:01
haven't had time to look - is this the Straitsman ? Would work well enough, fly over to Nelson, taxi to the wharf and pick the Van / Carcompete at nelson road races on around the 2nd of jan etc up ....... would pay to do some research though - have in the back of my mind ( and that is a very, very dark place ) that it might not be running any more ? fixed it for ya

Skunk
14th November 2013, 11:28
haven't had time to look - is this the Straitsman ? Would work well enough, fly over to Nelson, taxi to the wharf and pick the Van / Car etc up ....... would pay to do some research though - have in the back of my mind ( and that is a very, very dark place ) that it might not be running any more ?

No it's the Interislander. Freight might have preference over plain passengers... Straitsman became Bluebridge I believe.

If it ain't smokin' - it's broken.

budda
14th November 2013, 11:37
No it's the Interislander. Freight might have preference over plain passengers... Straitsman became Bluebridge I believe.

I've crossed on the "freight and trucks only" a couple of times, from memory it left Picton at 2:00AM, so dunno when it leaves Pig Island. They don't advertise the fact though, I basically had to park-up and plead.

Drew
14th November 2013, 15:25
I've crossed on the "freight and trucks only" a couple of times, from memory it left Picton at 2:00AM, so dunno when it leaves Pig Island. They don't advertise the fact though, I basically had to park-up and plead.
I just say my name, and company name. Tell them you're taking a truck and they go straight to the freight pricing/sailings and start asking for dimensions and weight.

jellywrestler
14th November 2013, 16:27
I just say my name, and company name. Tell them you're taking a truck and they go straight to the freight pricing/sailings and start asking for dimensions and weight. so you then say i'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 115.5 kgs...

Drew
14th November 2013, 19:13
so you then say i'm 5 foot 4 and weigh 115.5 kgs...Why would I tell them, that you're short and fat?

Kickaha
14th November 2013, 19:22
but Interislander office are saying that the number of spaces available in Jan are very limited due to all of the bookings that have already been made for Jan and because they are now having to shift people from Aratere onto the remaining two ferries.
Fuck spaces in January I was booked on that shitter to come back after Wangas on the 28th

steveyb
15th November 2013, 07:22
So, announced last night on the news that Interislander are taking no more vehicle bookings for the forseeable future(?) or at least until the back-log is dealt with. That back-log could exist until Feb as some people will have booked well in advance.

Drew
15th November 2013, 07:42
I'm super stoked that this thread got started. Cheers Steve. We'd have been fucked if it wasn't.

Billy
15th November 2013, 08:23
I'm super stoked that this thread got started. Cheers Steve. We'd have been fucked if it wasn't.

Yea,

Me too,I was so busy organising the whole thing,I'd forgotten to book as well,Seeing as Ive got 2 Aussie riders flying into the South Island to compete,It may have been a tad embarrasing really.

Best thread ever on KB

steveyb
15th November 2013, 09:29
See, I can be useful from time to time.
Doesn't always feel like it.........:violin:

Billy
15th November 2013, 13:54
See, I can be useful from time to time.
Doesn't always feel like it.........:violin:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Want my job then????Then you'll know what its like to feel useless LOL

OH and to the Prat that rang the office to see what we were doing about getting folks to the Nationals now the ferry is not running, NOTHING....Not a damned thing,Buy yourself a snorkel and fippers and we'll see you at Ruapuna.....Maybe???

Kickaha
15th November 2013, 13:59
OH and to the Prat that rang the office to see what we were doing about getting folks to the Nationals now the ferry is not running, NOTHING....Not a damned thing,?
What a pack of inconsiderate cunts, couldn't you at least charter a plane or something?

steveyb
15th November 2013, 14:43
I had a look around for my missus' witches broom and that magic flying carpet we bought in Arabia, the bloke swore it was magic but would only work once we got it home, but I can't find them.
But I saw a sign, a bloke with flying pigs, down this way somewhere.......

Maybe that "prat" has been to the Casey Stoner school of sociopathic empathy......

He can get on the bloody 2:30am sailing like we are.......

Billy
15th November 2013, 15:06
What a pack of inconsiderate cunts, couldn't you at least charter a plane or something?

No,

We're not going down that path again,Last time we did that it was cheaper to charter from a skydiving company,But the passengers wouldn't jump out over the cook strait,Took ages to push them all out,I think theyre still swimming around out there,Bloody sidecar bastards have no sense of direction......Aye!!!

Kickaha
15th November 2013, 17:00
But the passengers wouldn't jump out over the cook strait
Of course they wouldn't it's nowhere near the track, they wont be getting picked up by the Aratere anytime soon either

scott411
15th November 2013, 19:54
Of course they wouldn't it's nowhere near the track, they wont be getting picked up by the Aratere anytime soon either

if you found their prop i bet they would be their is a flash,

jellywrestler
15th November 2013, 20:15
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Want my job then????Then you'll know what its like to feel useless LOL

OH and to the Prat that rang the office to see what we were doing about getting folks to the Nationals now the ferry is not running, NOTHING....Not a damned thing,Buy yourself a snorkel and fippers and we'll see you at Ruapuna.....Maybe???

didnt' Glen Williams have that at a round a few years ago????

fuck it who cares if ya can't get ya bike there
walk in a buy a 250 ninja and go 250 proddie instead it'll be a great field to watch...

steveyb
16th November 2013, 10:17
I wonder what the options via Rail or Airfreight are?

Tazz
16th November 2013, 10:39
Was checking today to see what's available around New Years and Bluebridge seems to still have free spots for cars and bikes.

FROSTY
25th November 2013, 09:11
Um guys there is an alternative means of transport down to christchurch.
There are roro's stopping in auckland,and christchurch. A boat leaves auckland on the 27/12 arrives littleton 29/12 van has to be on the wharf on 26/12
Theres another roro heading back from littleton to wellington