PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota! (Rusty.MN)

Rusty.MN
12th November 2013, 09:40
Hello ladies and gents.
I will be joining you all at the end of this month and am excited to explore! My search for a nice dual sport has hit a wall, as Trademe doesn't allow overseas bidding/buying. :brick: This site has been essential for planning and will hopefully provide loads of adventures. :headbang: After sportbikes and motards, a year of fire roads and trail riding will be excellent! Maybe there will be time for a trackday or two?

If anyone has a line on bikes or gear (1.7m 77kg), I'm all ears!
Thanks,
Rusty

JafaSaffer
16th November 2013, 15:12
Hello ladies and gents.
I will be joining you all at the end of this month and am excited to explore! My search for a nice dual sport has hit a wall, as Trademe doesn't allow overseas bidding/buying. :brick: This site has been essential for planning and will hopefully provide loads of adventures. :headbang: After sportbikes and motards, a year of fire roads and trail riding will be excellent! Maybe there will be time for a trackday or two?

If anyone has a line on bikes or gear (1.7m 77kg), I'm all ears!
Thanks,
Rusty

Hey mate, welcome to KiwiBiker. You could contact some of the local dealers. Lindsay at Bayride is a top man and has a great mix of On and Offroad bikes. He is based in Tauranga. In Auckland you could see Red Baron, Cycle Spot and Colemans.

What are your plans? Where will you be staying? Im in Auckland. Alway happy to show off New Zealand to visitors.

Rusty.MN
30th November 2013, 19:37
Hey mate, welcome to KiwiBiker. You could contact some of the local dealers. Lindsay at Bayride is a top man and has a great mix of On and Offroad bikes. He is based in Tauranga. In Auckland you could see Red Baron, Cycle Spot and Colemans.

What are your plans? Where will you be staying? Im in Auckland. Alway happy to show off New Zealand to visitors.

Thanks for the help! I was able to walk to a few of those stores from Auckland CBD and got my gear situated. Then I grabbed a KLR650 and am heading to a homestay near Murupara for a couple weeks. Plan on taking the ferry to South Island sometime after that. Highway 2 heading towards Tauranga was a great way to start off my NZ riding experience. :niceone:

98tls
30th November 2013, 19:42
Welcome to NZ fella,since your heading to the mainland (in every sense) may i direct you to the west coast of said land,enjoy it tis motorcycle paradise.