PDA

View Full Version : Nearly two weeks ago

Juan
25th August 2005, 23:36
was my little off without my boots...... Still off work..... still as sore as feck...... and looking like this......

sorry if your eating :ride:

Biff
25th August 2005, 23:38
Fark in gel - that looks sore mate. What happened?

Juan
25th August 2005, 23:43
Dropped the fazer at Ballaspur, just nipping into Douglas to look at a car, so didn't put my boots on...... think title of thread was Pillock of the day....

Had first shower last night... got soap in it.... feck I can dance :woohoo: :no:

Biff
25th August 2005, 23:51
Shit - sorry to hear that dude. There's a lesson to be learnt here.
The biker gods don't like bikers looking at cars - I think.

Hope it heals quick.

Juan
25th August 2005, 23:57
Never thought about that..... LOL

Cheers...... one of the right knee to make you wear your leathers...

zeRax
26th August 2005, 00:05
damn.... that looks mighty tender dude, what were u wearing? socks? amazing that that happened with sneakers or something, a nice slide? fuck...

Sensei
26th August 2005, 00:07
Been there Dude 8 month's growing back skin to hand's elbow's arse . Not good sticking to the bed either .

Juan
26th August 2005, 00:20
damn.... that looks mighty tender dude, what were u wearing? socks? amazing that that happened with sneakers or something, a nice slide? fuck...

Trainers and my jeans.... and the only bit of leather I had was my wallet... saved my arse!!!

LB
26th August 2005, 04:35
Jeez Juan.....

I guess most of us are guilty at some stage or other of "just popping down to the dairy, won't bother with the gear"..... These days I take the car for these short excursions, but have done the sneakers/jeans thing in the past for shopping trips.

Hope things are coming right.

How's the bike?

Juan
26th August 2005, 07:10
Jeez Juan.....

I guess most of us are guilty at some stage or other of "just popping down to the dairy, won't bother with the gear"..... These days I take the car for these short excursions, but have done the sneakers/jeans thing in the past for shopping trips.

Hope things are coming right.

How's the bike?

when tried to let it dry last night the pain was hellish..... so back on went the cream.. will try again after seeing the doc on friday

Bike has about £800 worth of damage... and my ins xs is £500 looks like i'll be paying for it all :oi-grr:

Sniper
26th August 2005, 07:35
Bugger mate. That looks bloody painful. I have had that too, just going to town, no gear ....crash ouch.

Hope it comes right soon

placidfemme
26th August 2005, 07:37
damn... that looks really painfull :(

Hope you feel better soon!

Storm
26th August 2005, 08:18
Nasty! Hope you heal up quick mate

sels1
26th August 2005, 08:25
Sympathies mate. I had a knee like that once, (many years ago) used to ride my little trailbike to high school in uniform (=short pants).... :no:

Smorg
26th August 2005, 08:48
Shit - sorry to hear that dude. There's a lesson to be learnt here.
The biker gods don't like bikers looking at cars - I think.

Hope it heals quick.

Thou shalt not view other modes of transport

bugjuice
26th August 2005, 09:41
'kin youch!!!!! mate, so sorry you're going thru that, but at the time when you think you won't need it the most, you do.. hope you don't have to go thru that again..

stuff like this makes me cringe. There's a guy that I sometimes catch up to on the way to work. He rides a fairly new scooter. Nothing too wrong with that (but he's a dweeb). Anyway, every day I see him, come hell or shine, he's wearing shorts and jandels.. And every time I see him, I ask 'what the fuck dude..', and he always says "oh, I only ride for 15 mins, nothing's gonna happen..' - in heavy congested traffic too, no less.. Come to think of it, haven't seen him lately..

zadok
26th August 2005, 10:07
I reckon we would have all done something like you did; not going far, so not wearing the right protective gear. I'm just as guilty. Like anything, it's alright if nothing happens.
Comiserations.

Juan
26th August 2005, 11:09
Thanks guys.... still my pride that hurts the most!!! it better be healed in 7 weeks or i'll be bleeding all over NZ :devil2: :no:

Off to see the docs again tomorrow..... don't think i'll be back at work come tuesday somehow... :no:

Matt Bleck
26th August 2005, 11:19
After reading this thread, I'm always gunna wear protective gear.

Hope you heal up well and are back riding soon.

ZorsT
26th August 2005, 17:06
My motorbike boots are eiser to put on than my shoes, i always wear them for short trips

zeRax
26th August 2005, 18:31
this thread also made me fear not wearing protective gear, but im too lazy for my own good, body is a machine too
can be repaired to a certain degree,
shit happens, hope the shit heals fast thou dude!

HDTboy
26th August 2005, 18:53
My ankles are still sore 6 months after an off wearing work boots, I always wear my bike boots now cause they're easier than shoes to put on

Slingshot
26th August 2005, 19:30
Juan, just out of interest, how fast were you going.

oldrider
26th August 2005, 20:36
Slingshot has asked my question too. I often do quick rides in shoes like that and jeans. Always wear gloves and hat. Have been thinking I need new boots. My old ones are about 15 years old and very light. Thank you man, sorry about your pain, good luck with healing. Think I will buy a wallet too. John.
(PS hows the bike? my teeth and arsehole are clenched tight in symathy, Ssheeesh.) :hitcher:

oldrider
26th August 2005, 20:47
Juan, what sort of camera did you use to to capture your pain? The pics came up real fast and were good and clear. I would like to buy one and have no idea what to get. Could you help? Cheers John. (Slowly relaxing teeth and bum muscles) No I'm not Gay.

Zed
26th August 2005, 20:48
was my little off without my boots...... Still off work..... still as sore as feck...... and looking like this......

sorry if your eating :ride:Ouch, I can feel your pain Juan. :pinch:

Very rarely do I ride wearing sneakers, but after seeing that I'll think twice before ever doing it again!

erik
26th August 2005, 21:00
Jeeze that looks sore... :crazy:

I gotta say, sometimes I feel like an idiot when I've got all my bike gear on and it's a hot day etc. But seeing those pics has reminded me why I wear it.

Gixxer 4 ever
26th August 2005, 21:08
Ouch Goes for gloves as well people. How often do you see that in the summer.

Juan
26th August 2005, 22:09
Juan, just out of interest, how fast were you going.

Speed about 50 MPH..... slid into the small hedge at side of road, down on right side of bike so it really should the outside of my foot, must of spun round under the bike...

what sort of camera did you use to to capture your pain?
The camera is only a 2 megapixel Sony DSC-U30 and set on email mode.. I use it for pit lane photos when doing pit crew duties, it is only 50mm by 25mm by 20mm in size, no zoom so only really any good for "snaps" but because of size it's great for taking everywhere with you...

Cheers, Juan

bane
26th August 2005, 22:34

sorry if your eating :ride:

:shit: :puke: oops bits of carrot... :puke: did I forget to chew that?!

looks a bit sore there Juan - however pretty lucky for a 80kph off with minimal safety gear!

speedy recovery.

CPB
26th August 2005, 22:44
but im too lazy for my own good, body is a machine too
can be repaired to a certain degree,

heehee, jeeeeez mate...with NZ's health system zeRax? shit can be repaired...not always fixed...I'm going on 8 months "repairing" even with full gear, bike took four weeks to repair...do the A&E teams a favour and wear the gear...they see more 'round town' nasties than anything else...