PDA

View Full Version : My nightmare...

Blink
15th January 2004, 16:35
some opinions on this would be greatly appreciated :

Ok, so bike needed a wof and a new front tyre, so off to the bike shop it went. Once it had been sitting there for a week they called me up and said the back suspension was shagged and that it failed the wof on that. Thats cool, as i knew the suspension was nearing the end of its life.

They gave me a quote for fixing everything up and i said to go ahead and get it done. Now this was probably about 4 months ago.

A few weeks in they said that they were having issues with the rear suspension and that they needed a part from japan. That was cool, as parts for my bike are quite hard to come by.

4 weeks later, the part turns up from japan (yes i know, it took a long time). But then the bike shop calls me up and says "er.... sorry.. it was the wrong part"... grrr. Then they said that they will now get a part engineered to fit (hmm ...ok).

I said that was cool as long as the bike was ready before i go away for christmas holidays (5th dec). They said "yeah no problem". Come the first week of dec i ring up to confirm that it will be ready.. "yup sweet as, bike will be done". 5th dec comes round, and i get a call 30 mins before i go to pick it up.. and to cut a long story short... bike wasnt done.. grrrr

The then gave me a loan bike, as was riding up to Tauranga after work that night. Loan bike was going fine.. untill at approximately 10:30 ( at night) 15km out of taihape the chain snapped and spat itself out the back. Hmmm bugger. After a quick call to the AA and a cold 30min wait on the side of the road a truck arrives and takes me and bike back to taihape.

Now since i have to get to tauranga that night, i try to hitch a ride. After 2 1/2 hours trying to hitch out of taihape i give up. Then... aha an idea!.. the overnight train from wgtn!. I manage to run to the train station and just caught the train in time and got to auckland.

Now fast forward to the current point of time. Back at work i ring up the bike shop and enquire as to when i can get my bike..... and yes... you guessed it... not ready..grrrr.

The shop told me that they couldnt source the suspension in nz. hmmm we'll see about that. After a bit of searching... Glenn (Mr Melon) gave me the details or powermotorcycles. And i managed to get a rear suspension unit sweet as.

This turned up to the shop yesterday. After talking to them today they said they will have it done next week....

So yeah.... thats my nightmare.

And once i get my bike out of the shop i will never return to that shop and will be once again searching for a reliable and customer focussed bike shop in wellington.

Coldkiwi
15th January 2004, 16:38
well post their name so the rest of the welly biker force can avoid/slag the shop /correct you as appropriate!

Blink
15th January 2004, 16:39
Sawyers

That will no doubt spark some discussion.

Nouseforaname
15th January 2004, 19:35
Tell them politely, but sternly..."to F%&K off" when they give you ya bill... that service is a load of shit..... at the very least i hope they dont make you pay for any labour ( not bloody likey though ).

franco
15th January 2004, 19:58
Sawyers

That will no doubt spark some discussion.

I'm a Wellingtonian. And that's a really unfortunate story dude.

PS. I've been told that the best mcycle service shop here in Welly is the Kwaka dealer, Boyds. The only trick is getting in there - they have a loyal base of customers and are very busy. I use Wellington Mcycles (Suzuki) as that's where I bought my bike.

Slingshot
15th January 2004, 20:56
I wonder if any of the guys that work at the bike shops read these forum???
I'd be keen to comment but I don't want to piss anyone off and then all of a sudden find that I'm paying a higher price for servicing. :sneaky2:

wkid_one
15th January 2004, 20:57
At the end of the day - everyone has a horror story. I prefer to work on my own experience......

Jackrat
15th January 2004, 22:18
#1 Put it down to experiance an never go near them again.
#2 buy a manual and learn how to do these types of thing your self.
Mate the time involved is just bloody wrong (:ar15: Sawyers :sick: )

750Y
16th January 2004, 08:25
not good enough. tell the manager you want a big discount.

LB
16th January 2004, 08:54
Blink: are you Lewis? (I've got the ears)

franco
16th January 2004, 10:37
I wonder if any of the guys that work at the bike shops read these forum???
I'd be keen to comment but I don't want to piss anyone off and then all of a sudden find that I'm paying a higher price for servicing. :sneaky2:

Yeah good point. Depending on circumstance I tend to shop around for quotes and parts to keep the service honest, esp if it's something exp.

And I think most forum users use a handle to secure some anonominity (sp?). Hopefully only my mates know me as Franco :whistle:

Jackrat
16th January 2004, 11:58
I don't worry to much about weather the local bike shops know if I'm talking about them or not.They all know me an know I will chuck a paddy if I feel hard done by.The bike shops in Pukekohe are all pretty good really,Even if a couple of em' say things like OH SHIT when they see me coming.
It keeps em' honest if ya' just tell it like it is.
Out my way I would recommend Linsay Knights over anybody else.
He's a top bloke in my book.
Cheers.

wkid_one
16th January 2004, 12:54
some opinions on this would be greatly appreciated :

Ok, so bike needed a wof and a new front tyre, so off to the bike shop it went. Once it had been sitting there for a week they called me up and said the back suspension was shagged and that it failed the wof on that. Thats cool, as i knew the suspension was nearing the end of its life.

They gave me a quote for fixing everything up and i said to go ahead and get it done. Now this was probably about 4 months ago.

A few weeks in they said that they were having issues with the rear suspension and that they needed a part from japan. That was cool, as parts for my bike are quite hard to come by.

4 weeks later, the part turns up from japan (yes i know, it took a long time). But then the bike shop calls me up and says "er.... sorry.. it was the wrong part"... grrr. Then they said that they will now get a part engineered to fit (hmm ...ok).

I said that was cool as long as the bike was ready before i go away for christmas holidays (5th dec). They said "yeah no problem". Come the first week of dec i ring up to confirm that it will be ready.. "yup sweet as, bike will be done". 5th dec comes round, and i get a call 30 mins before i go to pick it up.. and to cut a long story short... bike wasnt done.. grrrr

The then gave me a loan bike, as was riding up to Tauranga after work that night. Loan bike was going fine.. untill at approximately 10:30 ( at night) 15km out of taihape the chain snapped and spat itself out the back. Hmmm bugger. After a quick call to the AA and a cold 30min wait on the side of the road a truck arrives and takes me and bike back to taihape.

Now since i have to get to tauranga that night, i try to hitch a ride. After 2 1/2 hours trying to hitch out of taihape i give up. Then... aha an idea!.. the overnight train from wgtn!. I manage to run to the train station and just caught the train in time and got to auckland.

Now fast forward to the current point of time. Back at work i ring up the bike shop and enquire as to when i can get my bike..... and yes... you guessed it... not ready..grrrr.

The shop told me that they couldnt source the suspension in nz. hmmm we'll see about that. After a bit of searching... Glenn (Mr Melon) gave me the details or powermotorcycles. And i managed to get a rear suspension unit sweet as.

This turned up to the shop yesterday. After talking to them today they said they will have it done next week....

So yeah.... thats my nightmare.

And once i get my bike out of the shop i will never return to that shop and will be once again searching for a reliable and customer focussed bike shop in wellington.
Ring Barry at Sawyers, I have always dealt with him.

Blink
16th January 2004, 14:06
(I've got the ears)

hi Lynda :)

http://lewis.corrupt.co.nz/albums/Bikes/107_0783_IMG.thumb.jpg

LB
19th January 2004, 06:05
Hi Lewis/Blink - really sorry to hear bout your troubles. Hope you can get them sorted real soon. (gee, those ears look very very clean in that piccie!!)