PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand grown pearls

Tazz
29th November 2013, 19:45
Got a video here a few might be interested in as most New Zealanders have never heard of these.
It is almost a shameless plug apart from the fact I did the video to be informative rather than ram things we want you to buy into your brain.
That was the plan anyway :blink:

Recently we've pretty much nailed exactly why each colour is produced and how we could control them exactly....in theory :laugh:, but it's not really on the cards for the future.

http://youtu.be/7YUrmx176x4

Berries
29th November 2013, 20:58
Take this as constructive criticism, but for me the video was let down by the narrator. I'd suggest getting someone in to do a professional voiceover.

Tazz
29th November 2013, 21:14
Nah I completely agree. I wanted a well spoken middle aged sounding woman, (probably English/British because they are easily understood by most), but sadly I got outvoted.

For now I'm just happy to have it running in the shop so I don't have to repeat myself as much which was the sole goal this round.
All the footage is there to do better next attempt though and your post gives me some ammo. Cheers for that haha

slofox
30th November 2013, 06:14
That's pretty cool Tazz.

I'd second the motion for a change in narrator though.

skippa1
30th November 2013, 07:34
I have a sack of NZ pearls if any ladies need a necklace?

Drew
30th November 2013, 12:48
Now your avatar makes sense at least.

Tazz
30th November 2013, 18:49
That's pretty cool Tazz.

I'd second the motion for a change in narrator though.

Cheers for the feedback. Was almost worth having him do it for the laughs while he was trying to master saying 'tip-bucket' though :laugh:

I have a sack of NZ pearls if any ladies need a necklace?

We're talking 'Blue Pearls' man, not your 'Blue Balls'.

Now your avatar makes sense at least.

Yeah I like to make good use of the ones that are a real pain to photograph, although that pic is less than perfect.

Actually that is another interesting thing about them, the photography. Because they're all different you have to photograph each of them, and most are so reflective it's like trying to take a picture of a mirror, without being in it, but also without being on to much of an angle because light doesn't reflect off the aragonite crystals at extreme angles. If you mess around with lighting you can nail it but I find it easier to just take pictures of them outside in the early afternoon when the sun is at a good angle :laugh: That also kinda helps to make sure you don't light anything up in such a way that it looks awesome, but only under conditions would never happen when someone is actually wearing it.

Anyway, time to stop ranting, let the coffee buzz wear off and go for a blat down the sounds.