PDA

View Full Version : Auckland (Papakura) Motorcycle Street Race

Brett
1st December 2013, 20:55
A few years back I heard talk of a motorcycle street race circuit being contemplated for Papakura somewhere. Obviously nothing has eventuated...anyone know/heard anything about this? If not...what can we do to make it happen 'cause I think it's a bloody brilliant idea.

Brett
1st December 2013, 20:57
Obviously this would be a good start...

http://www.aucklandtransport.govt.nz/traffic-roadworks/WorkingOnTheRoad/Pages/TemporaryRoadClosureFranklin.aspx

Grumph
2nd December 2013, 05:35
There's now a street circuit protocol in place with MNZ, but from your point of view the important bits are pre MNZ involvement.

There's got to be something in it for the locals...ie Rotary, Lions, local business groups have to be behind it...residents on the streets you want to close, have to be in favour...

Once you reckon you have a suitable circuit, MNZ have to give permission for the local senior Steward to come and have a look.This may now have been upgraded to a Commissioner's level.

Once he says it's feasible, then the protocol for approval takes over. Then the hard work starts....

budda
2nd December 2013, 08:10
A few years back I heard talk of a motorcycle street race circuit being contemplated for Papakura somewhere. Obviously nothing has eventuated...anyone know/heard anything about this? If not...what can we do to make it happen 'cause I think it's a bloody brilliant idea.

Contact Paul Pavletich - believe his was the "Grand Vision", not sure why it stumbled.
Cant have been at MNZ level, as he was CEO at the time !!!!!!!!!!

FROSTY
5th December 2013, 07:30
Before we went to 7 day a week shopping there were four bike race meetings at manukau city.--round the town centre.
actually two full race meetings and two bucket race meetings

budda
5th December 2013, 07:46
Before we went to 7 day a week shopping there were four bike race meetings at manukau city.--round the town centre.
actually two full race meetings and two bucket race meetings

Aaaah yes, the infamous Goat Tracks ........ such sweet memories