PDA

View Full Version : RIB Hits The Dirt

RiderInBlack
26th August 2005, 20:15
Just be given an old Suzuki TS125. Motor was running, but the rest just need some TLC. Put some new tyres on it, lubed the chain and away I went.
Had an awesome time ripping around my Father's 500 acre farm:devil2: Apart from dropping it twice (got caught by a rut both times) and the exhaust falling off twice (fit it now), it seems to be running fine.
Rear end feels too soft, but then the pretensioners are on the softest setting. Sould I set these harder (I weight 75-85Kg)?
Need to unlearn some of my road bike habits but I seam to have the hang of it.
Any advice from the old Mud bikers dudes for a newbe mud rider would be welcome:not:

Zed
26th August 2005, 20:22
Just be given an old Suzuki TS125. Motor was running, but the rest just need some TLC. Put some new tyres on it, lubed the chain and away I went.
Had an awesome time ripping around my Father's 500 acre farm:devil2: Apart from dropping it twice (got caught by a rut both times) and the exhaust falling off twice (fit it now), it seems to be running fine.
Rear end feels too soft, but then the pretensioners are on the softest setting. Sould I set these harder (I weight 75-85Kg)?
Need to unlearn some of my road bike habits but I seam to have the hang of it.
Any advice from the old Mud bikers dudes for a newbe mud rider would be welcome:not: So you literally hit the *deck* twice then!! :nono: :rofl:

Sounded like you had fun Doug. So would you get into it more often and take up some of your road-riding time on the dirt, or is your road time too precious??

Antallica
26th August 2005, 21:28
Now this I gotta see.

RiderInBlack
26th August 2005, 22:20
So you literally hit the *deck* twice then!! :nono: :rofl:

Sounded like you had fun Doug. So would you get into it more often and take up some of your road-riding time on the dirt, or is your road time too precious??Ooh cann't I do both:devil2: Won't be spending much on the TS125. "Roxanne" is much more important to me, but a bit of dirty fun now and again is good for me Zed:devil2:

FROSTY
26th August 2005, 22:34
Does your main squeeze know about your little bit on the side doug??

Motu
26th August 2005, 22:37
The TS125 was a good bike in it's day (early 70s),better handling than most 125s of that era...but they dragged them out for too long,what year is it? Bumping up the preload will kill the damping,if it has any left,and make it go boing,boing.

RiderInBlack
27th August 2005, 08:24
The TS125 was a good bike in it's day (early 70s),better handling than most 125s of that era...but they dragged them out for too long,what year is it? Bumping up the preload will kill the damping,if it has any left,and make it go boing,boing.Young bro resurected the TS125 from the dump. He's not sure what year it is, but he has put the rear shocks off a trashed 71 TS185 on it as the others were fu*ked. Arse end is still petty boucey though and the preload is set at the softest setting..

Wellyman
28th August 2005, 19:33
I used to have a TS125. chuck a UNI filter in it and run it on motul and it will go well. oh and they also look great in bright red! (well mine used to)

spiller
31st August 2005, 16:02
I used to have a TS125. chuck a UNI filter in it and run it on motul and it will go well. oh and they also look great in bright red! (well mine used to)

lol mine was red too... was a hundred though not 125. :woohoo: