PDA

View Full Version : Death of an "L"

250learna
26th August 2005, 21:23
Did my cbta some time ago now :hitcher:
good way to spend a day, although not particularly challenging did have some nice pointers... any ways back to the main topic.
My 4 months were up some time last week and i didnt waste much time getting down there to claim my Restricted. After about 45min of the AA ppl scratching their heads and looking confused they finaly did the eye test, photo signature and sent me on my way... 10 min late for work :oi-grr:

Now that i have finished with an L plate for the rest of my life, i decided to be cruel to my 4 month companion ( yes i did have it on for the whole time :woohoo: )

Started with cutting it up,
then offered it to the dog, he was not realy interested...being and L plate and all,
so i wraped the small bits into a A4 paper and set it on fire :hbd:

Photos will show in more detail :devil2:

250learna
26th August 2005, 21:24
more photos

poorbastard
27th August 2005, 03:32
Ahh gud bye L plate. Congrats man and good on you for actually using it. Think the only day I used mine was for my restricted.

LB
27th August 2005, 04:10
Congratulations 250learna!

I found the pictures of the torture of the plate hard to take, but sometimes a man (or a woman) has got to do what a man (or woman) has got to do.

Dafe
27th August 2005, 06:44
Do you often feel the urge to burn things? Does looking at a cigarette lighter flame make you excited? Have you ever had thoughts of watching large structures burn to the ground? Is your favourite song - Disco Inferno? Do you own a series 5000 flamethrower?
If so, Phone 0800 Firestarter.
For all the psychological pyromaniac attention you possibly need!!! :woohoo:

Oh, and congratulations too!

cowboyz
27th August 2005, 07:25
I live in the country and so spend most of my time on the open road. Back when I did my licence the intrustor told me not to put an L plate on my bike cause riding at 70k on the open road is just crazy. I agree. I got pulled over once for speeding while on my learners and got a nice little $400 fine for not displaying an L plate. After giving me the fine and listening to my explanation the cop said that put in the same position he wouldn't have used an L plate either. Still gave me the ticket though!

Oh well., Mine are long gone now so that is a good thing

250learna
27th August 2005, 18:36
I live in the country and so spend most of my time on the open road. Back when I did my licence the intrustor told me not to put an L plate on my bike cause riding at 70k on the open road is just crazy. I agree. I got pulled over once for speeding while on my learners and got a nice little $400 fine for not displaying an L plate. After giving me the fine and listening to my explanation the cop said that put in the same position he wouldn't have used an L plate either. Still gave me the ticket though!

Oh well., Mine are long gone now so that is a good thing

Ohh i had it on but i wasnt going 70 on the motorway :nono:
i just went with the trafic flow...or there abouts :devil2:
havent been pulled up since i got the licence... or before i did for that matter :ride:

As far as flame fatish goes.... well like any other young boy i use to light fires, burn flys, spiders and ants with the lynx and lighter combo. However i put all that behind, nowdays i pay for my own deoderant so i use it more wisely :wait:

Coyote
27th August 2005, 18:39
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, BURN!!!!!!!!! BURRRRRRRRNNN!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plate is on death row, haven't decided on its punishment yet

speights_bud
27th August 2005, 22:02
Good on yer mate. Dammit gonna have to display one of those hideous yellow squares soon. Looks like if i want to ride off the track i gotta get the bike learner licence thingy-majig. Do you think its a good idea to havethe L plate up? because everytime i go out ill be on a 100km/h road for at least 20 mins with all kinds of vehicles from logging trucks to courier vans and i'm not so sure if doing 70 max is such a good idea either :wait:

riffer
27th August 2005, 22:23
My plate is on death row, haven't decided on its punishment yet

A burnout on it perhaps?

Coyote
28th August 2005, 10:00
A burnout on it perhaps?
New brake assembly isn't strong enough to keep the front wheel in place (and stopping the bike). Once I get a proper one instead of a cheap and nasty brake assembly, I might do a burnout on it

You get what you pay for

Harry33
28th August 2005, 13:32
Hi everyone first post. I've just got my first motorbike (honda magna 250) and I went everywhere looking for a L plate to attach to the number plate. I even asked the bike shop where I purchased my bike for one and they don't sell them.I went to my local testing station and they only had ones you could stick to car windows. Anyway I brought a one and stuck it to a piece of plastic and bolted it on.

Anyway I was wondering what other learner riders did when it comes to going on the motorway/open road? The 70 speed limit seems like abit of a death wish.

Coyote
28th August 2005, 13:38
I did the same with the plate. Got one of the car ones, drilled a hole in it so I could mopunt it between the rear reflector and its mount

I suggest just sticking to roads under 70k the best you can for the next six months. Its not worth going over and getting the 400 dollar fine for breach of licence

Gazzar
28th August 2005, 14:05
Hi everyone first post. I've just got my first motorbike (honda magna 250) and I went everywhere looking for a L plate to attach to the number plate. I even asked the bike shop where I purchased my bike for one and they don't sell them.I went to my local testing station and they only had ones you could stick to car windows. Anyway I brought a one and stuck it to a piece of plastic and bolted it on.

Anyway I was wondering what other learner riders did when it comes to going on the motorway/open road? The 70 speed limit seems like abit of a death wish.

Hi mate try and bolt it on useing one corner so you can push it up behind the No plate then if stoped just say it roadup there.
that is what i did and was stoped only once and on fine.
But to ride on the motorway or open road at 100km do it if you feal ok at that speed or stay off them untill you do.

Harry33
28th August 2005, 20:13
Hi mate try and bolt it on useing one corner so you can push it up behind the No plate then if stoped just say it roadup there.
that is what i did and was stoped only once and on fine.
But to ride on the motorway or open road at 100km do it if you feal ok at that speed or stay off them untill you do.

Cheers mate, that sounds like a good idea. I doubt I'll be riding the motorway in a hurry as I only just got my bike this week. I've had my learners for about a year and have been saving hard. Now I have to get some practise as it's been a while since I've been on a bike. :)

CM2005
3rd September 2005, 14:28
Your lucky...

I can't convince dad to let me evenm go near a road bike...

speights_bud
4th September 2005, 20:15
Yea my old man isn't too keen on me riding on the road. Hence me not haing bought a road bike yet. Hasn't stopped me getting out there on the track though.

CM2005
5th September 2005, 16:54
Yea my old man isn't too keen on me riding on the road. Hence me not haing bought a road bike yet. Hasn't stopped me getting out there on the track though.
Yea same, am hopin to get a bucket sorted by next season after i sell me XL250, and get me PE250 goin :ride:

Coyote
6th September 2005, 12:50
I can't convince dad to let me evenm go near a road bike...
My Dad got me into them. My grandad got him into bikes when he was 15. It's my mum who isn't so keen

Smorg
6th September 2005, 12:54
your going to have to change your name now :hitcher:

CM2005
7th September 2005, 20:59
your going to have to change your name now :hitcher:
me or alarumba ?

Wellyman
7th September 2005, 21:04
burn the MUTHA *^%&*!!!!
well doen mate!

Reubix
16th September 2005, 23:38
My dream.... Burning an L plate.... When I'm done with it of course! I think that I would keep mine as a symbol of days fone by..... Maybe not. Who knows, still have a LONG wait until I actualy get that L plate....