PDA

View Full Version : Well-sorted VFR400 NC30

more_fasterer
14th December 2013, 21:15
It's time for me to move on from my beloved NC30, and get something more suited to 2-up riding. Don't let the odometer fool you - it's a well-maintained and well-sorted example of an NC30. E.g:

- Engine done 44,000km
- Front forks off a '93 model (adds rebound adjustment), serviced with new seals & 7.5W oil at 86,000km
- Rear shock off a '93 model (remote reservoir & adds rebound adjustment), done 52,000km
- Rear ride height raised 30mm by shortened dogbone linkage
- Sweet street front discs done 6,000km, these combined with the EBC HH pads and HEL braided lines gives the front brakes great feel & power.
- 520 O-ring chain done 14,000km, with 4-tooth larger rear sprocket to improve acceleration.
- Front Dunlop GPRa-10 has 3.5mm tread, rear GPRa-12 has 4mm tread
- Extensively fine-tuned carbs, including 120F/122R rear jets, 1mm lifted needles, HRC trumpets & slide pistons, enlarged airbox intake. Fuels beautifully throughout the rev range.
- Ethos exhaust system and Remus end can unleashes that beautiful V-four sound
- Yamaha ATV reg/rec, alternator rewound at 82,000km
- Tyga rearsets
- Seats recovered at 73,000km, rider's seat given twice as much padding so it's pretty comfy for such a small bike!
- Tyga aluminium upper fairing stay
- Tyga tinted screen
- Wheels powdercoated white, bodywork black with gold fleck

The bike's been parked up for 18 months while I've been concentrating on rallying, so I've just given it a full service including:
- Carbs cleaned and balanced
- Oil / filter changed
- Coolant flushed
- Front brakes bled
- Valve clearances checked & adjusted
- Plugs checked & re-gapped
- All chassis bearings checked

The paint has a few blemishes from use, but the mechanicals of the bike are in excellent condition and it rides as such. Wof goes til Jun 2014, Rego goes to Feb 2014.
If the asking price is paid, I will include the rear paddock stand, a Haynes workshop manual, and 3 additional rear sprockets, plus a 1-tooth smaller front sprocket.

Get in touch on 021 729 241 or message me here if you're interested.

fridayflash
15th December 2013, 09:15
thats a great buy, sounds like a well setup nc...i know just how good they go!!!

more_fasterer
15th December 2013, 19:24

Sale pending.

Icemaestro
15th December 2013, 20:47
Just out of interest, what's the red light above the rev counter/speedo? Voltage sensor? Were these the fairings off PirateJaffa?

Tazz
15th December 2013, 21:21
Congrats on the sale. Tis a good looking weapon man.

Just out of interest, what's the red light above the rev counter/speedo?

Shift light?

more_fasterer
17th December 2013, 21:55
The plan was to wire up the red light as a shift light, but I never got around to putting the jaycar kit together that I bought for it... not that a 400 really needs one to be honest. The light came with the tacho bracket, which I replaced due to rust. The tacho bracket was off a race bike and the light was originally used as an oil pressure warning light, seeing as race bikes ditch the speedo and idiot light assembly.

The fairings are the same ones that were on the bike when I bought it in 2007.

I'm really gonna miss this bike, I've been all over the country on it and have enjoyed every second... e.g. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/62408-More_fasterer-s-first-NZ-tour-to-the-Burt-Munro-amp-back

EDIT: Bike is sold, was taken away tonight by its new owner :(