PDA

View Full Version : Mike Webb, MotoGP Race Director, speaking in Hamilton, 9 Jan

Rcktfsh
20th December 2013, 05:21
Moto GP Race Director, Mike Webb will be speaking at the next Hamilton Motorcycle Club January club night on Thursday 9th January. Club rooms (Seddon Rd behind Waikato Stadium) open at 7.30pm, all welcome.

Mental Trousers
20th December 2013, 08:06
Already in my calendar. I look forward to it.

Oscar
23rd December 2013, 11:14
Mike also worked for WCM, Wayne Rainey Yamaha, Muzzy Kawasaki and Yamaha GP as Crew Chief for Niall McKenzie, Norick Abe, Carlos Checa and Simon Crafar amongst others.

Come and get a real insight into motorcycle racing at the highest level.
Where's Crasher? he had a few pointers he wanted to give Mike...

steveyb
24th December 2013, 08:48
Why is he speaking at Hamilton motorcycle club? Anyone would think he was from Matamata or somewhere..... oh, wait........

Oscar
24th December 2013, 09:10
Why is he speaking at Hamilton motorcycle club? Anyone would think he was from Matamata or somewhere..... oh, wait........

He's actually from Maungaturoto.

Crasherfromwayback
24th December 2013, 09:36
Mike also worked for WCM, Wayne Rainey Yamaha, Muzzy Kawasaki and Yamaha GP as Crew Chief for Niall McKenzie, Norick Abe, Carlos Checa and Simon Crafar amongst others.

Come and get a real insight into motorcycle racing at the highest level.
Where's Crasher? he had a few pointers he wanted to give Mike...

Sifting. Mate...if I was up that way I'd be there with bells on. Be a really interesting evening I reckon.

Mental Trousers
24th December 2013, 10:14
Sifting. Mate...if I was up that way I'd be there with bells on. Be a really interesting evening I reckon.

Cheap Steinies mate ....

Rcktfsh
29th December 2013, 07:15
Getting plenty of interest & should be a good night.

Shaun Harris
29th December 2013, 07:42
Getting plenty of interest & should be a good night.

Mike is a TOP MAN, being there would be money and time well spent. I remember he was always my goal rider to beat back in the 2 stroke days, he was bloody good and very proffesional. If I had the spare cash I would be there for sure.

JayRacer37
31st December 2013, 10:59
Rache and I will be there. Can't wait!

Shaun Harris
6th January 2014, 14:06
Bump for this, will be great for people to here Mike Talk

Oscar
8th January 2014, 11:09
Do you guys have any questions for Mike?

Crasherfromwayback
8th January 2014, 11:41
Do you guys have any questions for Mike?

Yep. Tell him to inform Suzuki that I'm avail to ride their new bike anytime.

tail_end_charlie
8th January 2014, 13:31
Yep. Tell him to inform Suzuki that I'm avail to ride their new bike anytime.

I thought that Randy De'crasher was already signed up as their crash test dummy??? :innocent:

Crasherfromwayback
8th January 2014, 13:36
I thought that Randy De'crasher was already signed up as their crash test dummy??? :innocent:

Ok then. I'll sneak a ride in on his missus while he's busy with the bike.

Rcktfsh
10th January 2014, 07:19
Excellent night, for those who missed out hopefully Mike will come along again next year.

Robert Taylor
14th January 2014, 19:40
Excellent night, for those who missed out hopefully Mike will come along again next year.

Did Mike offer advice to you on the perils of vertically challenged road racers with very limited body mass and therefore absorption capacity not drinking heavily the night before race day? Especially given the travel costs to further displaced race venues.

Oscar
14th January 2014, 20:46
Did Mike offer advice to you on the perils of vertically challenged road racers with very limited body mass and therefore absorption capacity not drinking heavily the night before race day? Especially given the travel costs to further displaced race venues.

I have pictures of you at Phillip Island in the Motor Home.

Rcktfsh
15th January 2014, 06:19

Those bloody South Islander bugs didn't come out of a bottle! Only just come right.

Robert Taylor
15th January 2014, 16:37
Those bloody South Islander bugs didn't come out of a bottle! Only just come right.

Poor defence, I'd seek better counsel.