PDA

View Full Version : Splitting traffic

Tink
20th December 2013, 19:53
To the guy that nearly wiped himself off the face of the planet by splitting dangerously... glad that you adjusted your lid to abuse the driver that nearly took you out,... feel for the kids, god knows what came out of your mouth, maybe next time remember defensive riding .... always expect the unexpected... I didn't see or hear you behind me... maybe cause I am loud enough for cars to hear me while I split carefully... but you are not! If you make it through the summer I will be surprised with your impressive riding skills. And the fact she didn't indicate didn't help... that is where the unexpected and defensive riding comes into account... didn't fancy picking you up off the tarmac, to say bugger there goes my ACC payments!

tigertim20
20th December 2013, 21:17
what, exactly is the point of these ambiguous self righteous 'to the rider who . . .' posts that are cropping up all the fucking time these days?

Smifffy
20th December 2013, 21:36
what, exactly is the point of these ambiguous self righteous 'to the rider who . . .' posts that are cropping up all the fucking time these days?

They crop up every year at about this time. ;)

MadDuck
20th December 2013, 22:00

Yep it is the time of year :cool:

Today on the Auckland motorways was awful. They had to close it off for some nutter. That caused a backlog.

DrunkenMistake
20th December 2013, 22:43
Cool story bro.

http://i.imgur.com/GIq0zkm.png

Berries
20th December 2013, 22:57
Sorry.

BoristheBiter
21st December 2013, 06:26

Probably to raise the fact to this person that they were riding like a cock.

But then she doesn't describe the bike or rider so it could be one of hundreds of bikes the split badly on the Auckland motorway, actually she doesn't even say where this was.

huff3r
21st December 2013, 06:39
Maybe it's to make us all think if we have been riding like muppets then we need to stop and sort our shit out?

Mike.Gayner
21st December 2013, 06:40
Yet another wanker having yet another fucking moan. Get on with your life and stop worrying so much about what everyone else is doing.

Shit this forum is hard to tolerate sometimes.

DrunkenMistake
21st December 2013, 06:43
Yet another wanker having yet another fucking moan. Get on with your life and stop worrying so much about what everyone else is doing.

I feel a "Im leaving KB" thread coming up in the near future from you mr :laugh:

swbarnett
21st December 2013, 07:02
Maybe it's to make us all think if we have been riding like muppets then we need to stop and sort our shit out?
Yeah, like that's gonna work. Anyone who thinks "I gotta sort my shit out" because of a thread like this is already well on the way to sorting their shit out. Everyone else will think this doesn't apply to them. Even if it does.

mrchips
21st December 2013, 08:04
The roads are a smorgasboard of carnage

pzkpfw
21st December 2013, 10:27

It's a discussion forum, nobody is making you participate in this thread.

Heck, even if nobody replied, maybe Tink just needed to vent; an emotional response to what she saw.

Relax.

Join date 23rd October 2013, already such an opinion. Who exactly is having the "moan"?

You could choose just to ignore the thread. Who needs to "Get on with your life"?

Rhys
21st December 2013, 10:28
Well she has got us all talking and thinking about it, that can't be bad !

Erelyes
21st December 2013, 11:04
Lemon Pound Cake

1 cup butter softened
1 ½ cups sugar
Zest of two large lemons
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup plain flour
1 cup hi-grade
1 teaspoon salt

Juice of two lemons + equal amount of water
1/3 cup sugar

1. Preheat oven to 165
2. Cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together.
3. Add eggs one by one.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla.
5. Sift in, then fold in flour gently. Rest for 5-10m if you think it was overmixed.
6. Put in a loaf pan and bake for 60-70 mins.
7. Simmer lemon juice, water and sugar together.
8. When cake is done (and still hot in the pan), prick lots of holes in the top of the cake then pour lemon glaze over

Zedder
21st December 2013, 11:22

Heck, even if nobody replied, maybe Tink just needed to vent; an emotional response to what she saw.

Relax.

Join date 23rd October 2013, already such an opinion. Who exactly is having the "moan"?

You could choose just to ignore the thread. Who needs to "Get on with your life"?

Good post.

Hey tt20 how about a few puns instead? And no, it's not about a "battle of wits", it's about having fun.

Kickaha
21st December 2013, 11:53
Lemon Pound Cake

1 cup butter softened
1 ½ cups sugar
Zest of two large lemons
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup plain flour
1 cup hi-grade
1 teaspoon salt

Juice of two lemons + equal amount of water
1/3 cup sugar

1. Preheat oven to 165
2. Cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest together.
3. Add eggs one by one.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla.
5. Sift in, then fold in flour gently. Rest for 5-10m if you think it was overmixed.
6. Put in a loaf pan and bake for 60-70 mins.
7. Simmer lemon juice, water and sugar together.
8. When cake is done (and still hot in the pan), prick lots of holes in the top of the cake then pour lemon glaze over

Is that your way of telling her to fuck off back to the kitchen?

AllanB
21st December 2013, 12:04

If you think about what you wrote you'd realise that if there was more concern for others we may be a less disengaged society. Are you the type of person who does not lend a stranger a hand if required, one of those who pass by as it's not your problem.

BoristheBiter
21st December 2013, 12:11

You didn't think that post through did you?

tigertim20
21st December 2013, 13:23
Good post.

Hey tt20 how about a few puns instead? .

I couldnt think of any :(

otherwise Id have been happy to drag this one off topic!

FJRider
21st December 2013, 17:18

With the "Freedom of speech" we have now in NZ ... we can ALL say what we dam well like. (apparently)

BUT ... (apparently) we do NOT have the freedom to argue with their "Free Speech" ... that would be rude (apparently)

Zedder
21st December 2013, 17:49
With the "Freedom of speech" we have now in NZ ... we can ALL say what we dam well like. (apparently)

BUT ... (apparently) we do NOT have the freedom to argue with their "Free Speech" ... that would be rude (apparently)

FJRider! You've been so "quiet" on here, I thought you'd left the country or something.

Anyway, down to business.

You (apparently) have the wrong idea of an argument, tigertim20 was asking a question.

jafar
21st December 2013, 18:11
I've been seeing a lot more riders taking chances with lane splitting that are just stupid. Splitting between fast moving traffic on the motorway (southern) is a daily occurance.
Splitting between 2 class 5 units that are travelling at 90+ kph has been observed by me as well & that's just in the last week or so. :crazy:

Tink
21st December 2013, 21:49

Well that make my day... the rider that who nearly killed himself... I am sure you will be slagging him/her when they are gone too! you might as well cut and paste that quote.

GOOD

Yep it is the time of year :cool:

Today on the Auckland motorways was awful. They had to close it off for some nutter. That caused a backlog.

yep.. and a Suzuki Car that hit the bank.. due to some wanker driving/riding like an idiot.. ! :)

Cool story bro.

http://i.imgur.com/GIq0zkm.png

Education ;)

Sorry.

oops

Probably to raise the fact to this person that they were riding like a cock.

But then she doesn't describe the bike or rider so it could be one of hundreds of bikes the split badly on the Auckland motorway, actually she doesn't even say where this was.

Not a sports or harley bike... a off roader from memory.. !

yup

I feel a "Im leaving KB" thread coming up in the near future from you mr :laugh:

:baby:

Yeah, like that's gonna work. Anyone who thinks "I gotta sort my shit out" because of a thread like this is already well on the way to sorting their shit out. Everyone else will think this doesn't apply to them. Even if it does.[/QUO

[QUOTE=mrchips;1130652904]The roads are a smorgasboard of carnage FACT

Relax.

Well she has got us all talking and thinking about it, that can't be bad !

I WAS MORE GRUNTED WITH THE FACT THAT WE GET SHAT ON BY THE GOVT AND ACC AND THE POLICE AND CAR DRIVERS.... AND THEN IS SEE THIS KINDA SHIT RIDER.... doh of cause I am annoyed... !. he/she could have died ... stop

mrchips
22nd December 2013, 05:33
I WAS MORE GRUNTED WITH THE FACT THAT WE GET SHAT ON BY THE GOVT AND ACC AND THE POLICE AND CAR DRIVERS.... AND THEN IS SEE THIS KINDA SHIT RIDER.... doh of cause I am annoyed... !. he/she could have died ... stop

Amen to that !

This type of 'rider' then buggers off during the cooler months leaving us to deal with the aftermath.... if you commute all year round you know what I'm talking bout

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

MadDuck
22nd December 2013, 18:28

I am not sure what the word "grunted" means but I am sure google is my friend. It goes on and has done for many years. Angry is good but it is wasted energy. Posting in this forum is not going to lead to a change in behavior by any bike rider. See you in Wangas :)

Tink
23rd December 2013, 17:52
I am not sure what the word "grunted" means but I am sure google is my friend. It goes on and has done for many years. Angry is good but it is wasted energy. Posting in this forum is not going to lead to a change in behavior by any bike rider. See you in Wangas :)

Very true, I wasn't as angry has D though ... and yes we are off to Wanga's I want a full faced signed Autograph from Mr G!!!;)

FJRider
26th December 2013, 10:41
You (apparently) have the wrong idea of an argument, tigertim20 was asking a question.

Questioning someone's opinion is rude too ... and is often mistaken as argument.

FJRider
26th December 2013, 10:46

No need to shout ... and we ALL make decisions during every ride we do, that may kill us if we (or others) get it wrong ...

craigdek
26th December 2013, 15:03
Normally ones who take chances are squids. New too biking. Not had their falls. Doing ok in NZ. SA is already over 855 dead for December. Reason they call them squids (newbies) cause with their guts lying on the road it looks like a squid. I got cautious with both pain and losing friends.

Sent from my ZTE R22 using Tapatalk

FJRider
26th December 2013, 15:14
Normally ones who take chances are squids. New too biking. Not had their falls. Doing ok in NZ. SA is already over 855 dead for December. Reason they call them squids (newbies) cause with their guts lying on the road it looks like a squid. I got cautious with both pain and losing friends.

Those that rely on their fellow man (and women) to always do the right thing at the right time ... and be in the right place at the right time ... and not make a stupid decision at the wrong time (for you) ... May have a short life.

The only certainty in life is that we will all die.

craigdek
26th December 2013, 15:18
Well here it's like most places. Ride like you invisible. SA with those Hiace taxis I had to change my route. They cutting me off to do emergency stops to pick up commuters, me smashing side mirrors. Was getting a bit out of hand. Considering most taxi drivers were armed it was all full on.

Zedder
26th December 2013, 16:02
Questioning someone's opinion is rude too ... and is often mistaken as argument.

Please direct me to the list of "rudeness" items to avoid so I can learn more.

FJRider
31st December 2013, 10:50
Please direct me to the list of "rudeness" items to avoid so I can learn more.

Knowledge is power ... and I simply cannot allow you to have that .. :no:

For your own safety you know ... :yes:

SMOKEU
31st December 2013, 11:53
Well here it's like most places. Ride like you invisible. SA with those Hiace taxis I had to change my route. They cutting me off to do emergency stops to pick up commuters, me smashing side mirrors. Was getting a bit out of hand. Considering most taxi drivers were armed it was all full on.

I've seen how those kaffirs drive and it's fucking scary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2icrqFA2w