PDA

View Full Version : So about those people who can't seem to stay left

Scuba_Steve
22nd December 2013, 08:05
What da fuck is this new trend of switching to the right hand lane halfway through a passing lane???
It's usually the front person doing 80km/h that suddenly gets the idea to switch to the right lane half way down passing lanes, what da fuck it with this??? I'm guessing these cunts are getting some sort of self righteous "thou should not 'speed' or go faster than me" shit on like the PIGs but it's fucking annoying & dangerous :mad:

Anyone else met these cunts out there???

Jantar
22nd December 2013, 08:45
What da fuck is this new trend of switching to the right hand lane halfway through a passing lane???
It's usually the front person doing 80km/h that suddenly gets the idea to switch to the right lane half way down passing lanes, what da fuck it with this??? I'm guessing these cunts are getting some sort of self righteous "thou should not 'speed' or go faster than me" shit on like the PIGs but it's fucking annoying & dangerous :mad:

I have struck this a couple of times, also a slow vehicle at the front stays in the left lane and all other vehicles immediately pull into the right lane leaving the left lane clear.
In both of these cases I treat the left hand lane as the passing lane.

haydes55
22nd December 2013, 08:57
Same here, pass on the left. 9 times out of 10 when I head out to raglan there's a slow vehicle lane that is on an uphill and by this stage I'm usually behind a car that won't pull in. I've probably overtaken more cars in the left lane than from people actually using the slow vehicle lane.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_500 using Tapatalk

roogazza
22nd December 2013, 09:42
Just pass the whole fucken lot ! comin thru ! :devil2:

Akzle
22nd December 2013, 09:50
fucken cagers!

mashman
22nd December 2013, 09:59
Time to attach some red and blue lights to the front of the bike? You could also earn yourself some petrol money.

OllieNZ
22nd December 2013, 12:52

Yea mate, quite a few.Also seems to be a trend on the motorway. Anyway, they're easily cleared and the on and off ramps/exits are excellent for undertaking.

Grizzo
22nd December 2013, 13:11
Dead shit lane hoggers:brick:

Woodman
22nd December 2013, 13:18
Or the ones that try and pass by going the same speed as the car they are passing:mad::tugger:

bluninja
22nd December 2013, 13:51
Not defending the rolling roadblock pilots.

However there are some passing lanes with a right turn part way along. I have seen the traditional "pull over at the start of the passing lane to ensure I can make the right turn", but more often the "I need to get past you, WTF are you suddenly slowing scumbag!!! Ooops my bad it's a right turn" as they almost take out the vehicle in front because they haven't read the road signs. This usually then ends with them swerving violently into the left lane that I'm occupying (because I know the car to the right may be turning just ahead.

The reason I say "may" is that so many numpties insist on running with their right indicator on whilst in the right lane. FFS you've indicated to move out; you're not filtering and trying to make it look a legal on the motorway, so why leave it on?

Is it
a) cos everyone here does it...you don't know why, you just copy everyone else.
b) You're signalling to the person in front to get out of the way cos you want to pass in this passing lane
c) You're signalling to the person behind that you will be staying there till the end of the lane...cos you can!

Laava
22nd December 2013, 17:54
Yea mate, quite a few.Also seems to be a trend on the motorway. Anyway, they're easily cleared and the on and off ramps/exits are excellent for undertaking.

But remember that the motorway is not a passing lane and as long as you are not holding people up there is no reason for you to not be in the rh lane. Yesterday I was in the rh lane on the north western doing about 90 in the 80 km area, keeping up with the traffic in my lane, and xr6ute guy was swerving between the lanes and alternately giving all us rh lane people the fingers. He was probably doing about 120 on the clear bits.
Is a bit different if you are doing 70 in the rh lane in the same 80km zone. That would just be ignorant and or arrogant not to mention inconsiderate.

Robbo
22nd December 2013, 18:53
In Queensland it is an offence to drive in the right hand lane of a multi lane highway unless overtaking.
Should be the same here as it's very frustrating. Also there should be a legal allowable increase in speed
when carrying out an overtaking maneuver of say 10 to 20km/h untill overtake is complete as often someone
travelling at 90 t0 95k's is being passed by someone travelling at 100k's with line of cars up their arse all
trying to get passed before the right hand lane runs out, and when it does there is pure chaos.

BigAl
22nd December 2013, 19:00
In Queensland it is an offence to drive in the right hand lane of a multi lane highway unless overtaking.
Should be the same here as it's very frustrating. Also there should be a legal allowable increase in speed
when carrying out an overtaking maneuver of say 10 to 20km/h untill overtake is complete as often someone
travelling at 90 t0 95k's is being passed by someone travelling at 100k's with line of cars up their arse all
trying to get passed before the right hand lane runs out, and when it does there is pure chaos.

Agree totally, unless overtaking stay in left lane.

As for overtakers crawling past, that's fine on a bike where one can lane split but 'rips yer nighty' when stuck behind them in a cage.

caspernz
22nd December 2013, 19:31
It's just the time of the year when a lot of part-time drivers (and riders as well) come out to play on the big roads...just shrug and deal with it :rolleyes:

Quite often this type of driving is exhibited by folks who belong to a certain ethnic minority, at least that's been my observation :ar15:

Scuba_Steve
22nd December 2013, 21:40

Yea that works well on the bike, but some of us sometimes have to cage it too

Time to attach some red and blue lights to the front of the bike? You could also earn yourself some petrol money.

Already got the blue so I guess I'm half way there :innocent:

Should be the same here as it's very frustrating.

Good news, it is the same here! But let me know if you ever see a cop enforcing it

Gremlin
22nd December 2013, 22:43
Or the ones that try and pass by going the same speed as the car they are passing:mad::tugger:
For sure, however, I've also noticed when driving, that I'm sitting on cruise control, and I catch up to a car. I move right to pass, and the overtake takes a whole lot longer than I expected because the car has sped up (and I haven't touched the cruise control). Once you get a sufficient distance in front they drop off quite quickly.

Simply, it's shit driving.

SPman
23rd December 2013, 00:29
Quite often this type of driving is exhibited by folks who belong to a certain ethnic minority, at least that's been my observation :ar15:What?
Bogans!

jasonu
23rd December 2013, 06:00
But remember that the motorway is not a passing lane and as long as you are not holding people up there is no reason for you to not be in the rh lane. Yesterday I was in the rh lane on the north western doing about 90 in the 80 km area, keeping up with the traffic in my lane, and xr6ute guy was swerving between the lanes and alternately giving all us rh lane people the fingers. He was probably doing about 120 on the clear bits.
Is a bit different if you are doing 70 in the rh lane in the same 80km zone. That would just be ignorant and or arrogant not to mention inconsiderate.

But you are not the speed police. If the ute wanted to go faster than you then simply move over and let him pass. You might get the last laugh later on when he is on the side of the road getting a ticket.

Laava
23rd December 2013, 06:12
But you are not the speed police. If the ute wanted to go faster than you then simply move over and let him pass. You might get the last laugh later on when he in on the side of the road getting a ticket.

If I was the only vehicle in that lane I would do exactly that. But I was following a line of other vehicles. He was free to use the middle lane but chose to get upset about it. I don,t deliberately hold people up.

oldrider
23rd December 2013, 06:46
At last, most of the posters on this thread will empathise with my feelings of my being the only good driver/rider on the road. :whistle:

Rhys
23rd December 2013, 07:12
If I was the only vehicle in that lane I would do exactly that. But I was following a line of other vehicles. He was free to use the middle lane but chose to get upset about it. I don,t deliberately hold people up.

I assume this is a troll but I'll bite anyway!

What part of keep left unless passing do you not under stand :brick:

Devil
23rd December 2013, 08:10
But remember that the motorway is not a passing lane and as long as you are not holding people up there is no reason for you to not be in the rh lane.

The law applies at all times, not only on passing lanes. You keep left unless passing. It applies on the motorway as it does anywhere else.

I'm storing a bike at the moment for a German traveller and he was just gobsmacked at how people refuse to keep left over here.

Gremlin
23rd December 2013, 09:54
The law applies at all times, not only on passing lanes. You keep left unless passing. It applies on the motorway as it does anywhere else.

I'm storing a bike at the moment for a German traveller and he was just gobsmacked at how people refuse to keep left over here.
NZ is slightly different to UK etc, where yes, you're pinged if travelling in a right lane etc.

NZ recognises each lane in it's own right, rather than as a set of lanes, so it's actually not quite as automatic as being pinged for it. That said, Germany for example, it's expensive and lengthy to obtain your licence and you can lose it quite easily too...

Devil
23rd December 2013, 11:28
But it's still the law.
I reminded the traveller that you can pass them on the left (multilane). He hadn't been because that's illegal over there.

Gremlin
23rd December 2013, 13:43
But it's still the law.
There have been amendments to the law since originally written to alter the intent from holding up other vehicles to keeping left in general so it would fall under failing to keep left (ie, $150 and 20dm) same as crossing the centre line around corners etc.

Interestingly, impeding other vehicles is also 20dm, unsure of fine.

Scuba_Steve
23rd December 2013, 13:48
Interestingly, impeding other vehicles is also 20dm, unsure of fine.

150$ like the rest

Swoop
23rd December 2013, 13:49
Sadly an under-known fact that even some cockfags on this forum don't know. Who was the hypocrite in an earlier post that will happily sit in the RH lane while other road users can get fucked trying to get past their self-imposed authority?

KEEP LEFT YOU CUNTS!

oldrider
23rd December 2013, 14:05
What happened to keep left as far as is practical at all times and be able to stop in half the clear distance ahead?

I realise multi lane roads and intersections makes that a bit obsolete but all the evidence that I see today is the failure to stay in ones own lane unless indicating movement.

Cutting corners on rural roads is taking on a epidemic proportions these days and it is not just bloody tourists either!

Motorcyclists with wheels inside the centre lines and leaning out into the oncoming lane with their bikes and bodies are simply supreme Darwinites IMHO! :rolleyes:

Tazz
23rd December 2013, 14:26
At last, most of the posters on this thread will empathise with my feelings of my being the only good driver/rider on the road. :whistle:

Damn straight. I never do anything wrong on the road. Ever. Not once! In fact (I assume most KB posters do this too) I just cut a hole in the bottom of my seat and set up a couple of mirrors to make use of the light emanating from my ass ;)

Cracks me up how worked up people get though. No matter what the car in front of you is doing to hold you up (whether it is something dumb or you're just going slightly faster, corner better, are not driving with your foot on the brake like they are) there is ALWAYS another car to hold you up in front of them, so why stress! Just pass when you can...and don't pass when you can't safely? What's so hard about it!

Chill the fark out people!

Zedder
23rd December 2013, 14:31
Who was the hypocrite in an earlier post that will happily sit in the RH lane while other road users can get fucked trying to get past their self-imposed authority?

KEEP LEFT YOU CUNTS!

I think it was Laava, he also admitted to doing about 10kmph over the posted limit on the North Western. He's a spermicidal maniac...

mashman
23rd December 2013, 16:50
Sadly an under-known fact that even some cockfags on this forum don't know. Who was the hypocrite in an earlier post that will happily sit in the RH lane while other road users can get fucked trying to get past their self-imposed authority?

KEEP LEFT YOU CUNTS!

Fuckin lefty :ar15:

Erelyes
23rd December 2013, 19:22

It is here, but why bother giving the Police more resources to enforce the rules we already have, instead let's pay some politicians to think up new ones :brick:

Laava
23rd December 2013, 19:54
I assume this is a troll but I'll bite anyway!

What part of keep left unless passing do you not under stand :brick:

What part of " it is not a passing lane" do you not understand?

Laava
23rd December 2013, 20:00
I think it was Laava, he also admitted to doing about 10kmph over the posted limit on the North Western. He's a spermicidal maniac...

Haha! Yes, ironically if I had been sitting in the middle lane keeping up with the flow of traffic, which we all know goes pretty quick on the NW, I would have actually been blocking the way totally for Mr XR6. So, as I said, I don,t deliberately roadblock people. Some of the pedants on this thread need to get their little panties unbunched. Merry fuckin xmas!

Gremlin
23rd December 2013, 20:11
What part of " it is not a passing lane" do you not understand?
Except I've noticed some passing lanes have been replaced with slow vehicle lanes, and many do not consider themselves slow enough to use it :facepalm:

Laava
23rd December 2013, 20:15
Except I've noticed some passing lanes have been replaced with slow vehicle lanes, and many do not consider themselves slow enough to use it :facepalm:

Yep, had that happen to me plenty too.

scumdog
23rd December 2013, 20:41

Hmmm, I always figured this style of riding was your m.o. sunshine - you being a rebel and all..:msn-wink:

Scuba_Steve
23rd December 2013, 20:55
Hmmm, I always figured this style of riding was your m.o. sunshine - you being a rebel and all..:msn-wink:

Guess you're GSCB people aint doing too good then, I'm so fucking rebel I ride a 2 legged horse in the air wearing nothing but hemp undies & a SCUBA tank (of-course) :Punk:

ellipsis
23rd December 2013, 21:21
...as a broke entity in a sea of broke third world countries, I'm afraid we will have to put up with cheap bitumen from China, non licenced (international drivers on their OE or retired couples seeing the world before they peg it... who have only ever driven a shopping basket in a town or a scooter in a non-descript euro town), getting their head around a vehicle in excess of 3.5 tonnes... in a country where a licence to drive a motor vehicle is given away to people of varying skills which range from none to lots, all sharing three or sometimes two, but generally a typical kiwi single lane track that varies in consistency of quality from municipality to municipality...the fact that we need another two lanes on every road in the country is simply not going to happen...if it could we would be able to have some more PC type of signs to direct the motorists of varying skills into the appropriate lanes...something like third lane from the right being for SLOWER VEHICLES, to the left of that a lane for UNSURE VEHICLES and a lane to the extreme left for SHOULD BE ON A BUS drivers...imagine the carnage then...

speeding_ant
23rd December 2013, 21:24
Not defending the rolling roadblock pilots.

However there are some passing lanes with a right turn part way along. I have seen the traditional "pull over at the start of the passing lane to ensure I can make the right turn", but more often the "I need to get past you, WTF are you suddenly slowing scumbag!!! Ooops my bad it's a right turn" as they almost take out the vehicle in front because they haven't read the road signs. This usually then ends with them swerving violently into the left lane that I'm occupying (because I know the car to the right may be turning just ahead.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to pull to the shoulder and stop until the road is clear before making a right turn across a passing lane, especially if it's busy? Or a rural road for that matter if it's not clear.

Making a right turn and stopping in the right lane of a passing lane is a recipe for death from behind... :buggerd:

Akzle
24th December 2013, 07:15
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you supposed to pull to the shoulder and stop until the road is clear before making a right turn across a passing lane, especially if it's busy? Or a rural road for that matter if it's not clear.

Making a right turn and stopping in the right lane of a passing lane is a recipe for death from behind... :buggerd:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/157540-All-road-users

been there done that. 50% of KB are dicks, or don't give a shit.

bluninja
24th December 2013, 07:51

The one's I'm speaking of have their own (short) little lane just at the turn off to stop in, so no what you wrote does not apply. Blame the road planners.

BMWST?
24th December 2013, 08:06
The one's I'm speaking of have their own (short) little lane just at the turn off to stop in, so no what you wrote does not apply. Blame the road planners.
and the people that use these right turn lanes seem to be unaware they are able to cross the painted median before their turn so they are able to slow down with minimal disruption to following traffic,but they invarably slow down to 23km hr in the outside lane making sure they dont touch the painted median

malcy25
24th December 2013, 08:07

I reckon the Police will never pull someone over from travelling in the right hand lane holding up other traffic, as it's doing their perceived job of slowing traffic down.....never mind that there are far greater veils than a few km over...that are far more dangerous and should be policed....

jasonu
24th December 2013, 13:36
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/157540-All-road-users

50% of KB are dicks, or don't give a shit.

That sums you up nicely.

BoristheBiter
24th December 2013, 13:45
That sums you up nicely.

yep 50% a dick, 50% a shit.

Akzle
24th December 2013, 15:57
That sums you up nicely.

i'm 50% of KB?

scumdog
24th December 2013, 16:12
That sums you up nicely.

You give him too much credit...;)

pzkpfw
24th December 2013, 17:29
Had a guy keep well left today.

I was turning left, indicating, to go up the alley way to my current employers park. I waited for a pedestrian.

And some bugger in a Toyota ute drives up the left of me - using the car parks - to go stop and let someone off.

Happened outside the Welington Police station. Was tempted to see if they had footage of it.

mashman
24th December 2013, 18:41
Had a guy keep well left today.

I was turning left, indicating, to go up the alley way to my current employers park. I waited for a pedestrian.

And some bugger in a Toyota ute drives up the left of me - using the car parks - to go stop and let someone off.

Happened outside the Welington Police station. Was tempted to see if they had footage of it.

Heh... I smoke in the alley opposite and it's a very regular occurrence. Still waiting to see a fight, but there's generally plenty of choice phrases being thrown around.

haydes55
24th December 2013, 19:06
Don't worry guys, I took the proactive approach this arvo and used hand gestures to tell some tourist in a campervan how much I approved of their driving skills.

Caught up to them up SH22, was stuck behind them for several corners, they cut a blind corner, cut several open corners and down straights straddled the middle line (that's fucking hard to overtake on short straights).

In hindsight I should have got their license plate number. Just checking Stuff.co.nz to see if they survived their drive.